ASU_Fanatic
September 20th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Yeah I just felt like posting this.

eaglewraith
September 20th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Colt McCoy > Armanti Edwards at lawn care

uofmman1122
September 20th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Colt McCoy > Armanti Edwards at lawn carexlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

/thread

DOME
September 20th, 2009, 03:49 PM
http://espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=172077

I know where you can find a decent QB if you're in the market....

sharkeycox
September 20th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Armanti Edwards is more of a threat.....I'd take him before McCoy.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 20th, 2009, 04:31 PM

Lay off the drugs.

sharkeycox
September 20th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Lay off the drugs.

very clever.....they and he will smoke your boys.

SideLine Shooter
September 20th, 2009, 04:39 PM

Sharkey, I'm with you on this one. Armanti can burn you in too many ways. I have said before and I'll say it again, Armanti may be the most exciting player in all college football, right now.

SteelCurtain
September 20th, 2009, 09:15 PM
App Fans..I know you like your guy...but lets not get crazy here......

theasushow
September 20th, 2009, 10:16 PM
very clever.....they and he will smoke your boys.

yeah he already did in the 2007 quarters.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 20th, 2009, 11:33 PM
yeah he already did in the 2007 quarters.

Yeah, because a 3 point loss is getting "smoked." Like I said, lay off the drugs.

Colt McCoy would rape AE worse than a lawnmower. xcoffeex

JMU Newbill
September 21st, 2009, 05:56 AM
Wow.... you App people aren't serious with this thread, are you?

Bull Fan
September 21st, 2009, 06:01 AM
Of course they are. xlolx

JMU Newbill
September 21st, 2009, 06:32 AM
Well... while we are going to all show our ignorance..... our TE Mike Caussin has 4 td's through 2 games this year.

I propose this.... Mike Caussin > Antonio Gates

Who's with me?

813Jag
September 21st, 2009, 07:59 AM
Well... while we are going to all show our ignorance..... our TE Mike Caussin has 4 td's through 2 games this year.

Who's with me?
In college I agree. xlolx

drpnut
September 21st, 2009, 08:17 AM
I believe a player is evaluated best in the w/l column and right now Armanti is 0-3 in his last 3 games.

Is he the most exciting player? Yes... but.... it is a team sport and he can't carry Appy all by himself... other folks have to step up this year more... more people are gunning for them.

jmufan999
September 21st, 2009, 08:34 AM

yeah dude, this was kind of insane.

and yes, i've seen both play (armanti twice live and mccoy several times on tv)... if you really believe this, you've lost it.

colt mccoy was being compared to vince young as one of the greatest RUNNING QB's in school history. not even talking about his passing. he's EXTREMELY elusive.

armanti is a good QB but you couldn't POSSIBLY have really meant this.

AppAlum2003
September 21st, 2009, 09:27 AM
I believe a player is evaluated best in the w/l column and right now Armanti is 0-3 in his last 3 games.

Is he the most exciting player? Yes... but.... it is a team sport and he can't carry Appy all by himself... other folks have to step up this year more... more people are gunning for them.

Seriously?..... Seriously?

The team has lost 3 straight games over 2 seasons... he didn't play in one of them, one was against the eventual National Champion and one he led his team to 35 points but had no defense to speak of.

You're going to judge the guy on these last 3 games? The guy has only lost 6 games as a starter in 3+ years. Wow.

I will not agree that he is better/worse than Colt McCoy - it's a stupid argument and is worse than apples/oranges. In fact, from now on when people make stupid comparisons, I'm going to stop saying "apples/oranges" and start referencing this new comparison.

Man I'm angry this Monday morning. xmadx

DLS
September 21st, 2009, 09:48 AM
edwards > jacory harris

discuss.

blueballs
September 21st, 2009, 09:57 AM
edwards > jacory harris

discuss.

Right now? Maybe a better runner not certainly not a better passer.

2010 and beyond? No way.

DLS
September 21st, 2009, 10:23 AM
Right now? Maybe a better runner not certainly not a better passer.

2010 and beyond? No way.

harris is not that great of a passer. kind of sloppy imo.

South Carolina Duke
September 21st, 2009, 11:09 AM

Who's with me?

Caussin has been fun to watch so far this year.

He needs to watch his mouth during the post game interviews and and with the press in genreal.

Regardless of his personal thoughts on which QB should start, that is Mickey's job not his. All he is doing is being harmful to team unity.

JMU Newbill
September 21st, 2009, 11:17 AM
edwards > jacory harris

discuss.

Edwards would not do in the ACC what Harris is doing (this year).

Sorry App fans.... I know you want to try to make these comparisons, but I doubt you are gong to get the buy-in from anyone that lives outside of Boone.

Edwards is awesome, don't get me wrong, just not as omnipotent as you guys want to make him out to be.

JMU Newbill
September 21st, 2009, 11:18 AM
And please everyone realize I was being completely sarcastic about our TE.

Bull Fan
September 21st, 2009, 11:19 AM
Something to chew on. McCoy has been extremely effective against comparatively elite competition in the Big 12. The kid from ASU is playing against I-AA teams. Just something to think about as this is being talked about.

AppIAA
September 21st, 2009, 11:42 AM
If I were the coach at App, and had to have one of these 2 QBs run my offense, I would choose Armanti. If I were coaching Texas, I would choose Colt... 2 different systems, 2 different Qbs..

KiddBrewer
September 21st, 2009, 11:55 AM
Armanti Edwards > Colt McCoy....at picking up white girls

KiddBrewer
September 21st, 2009, 11:56 AM

Sorry App fans.... I know you want to try to make these comparisons, but I doubt you are gong to get the buy-in from anyone that lives outside of Boone.

Edwards is awesome, don't get me wrong, just not as omnipotent as you guys want to make him out to be.

it was a joke, william, chill.

KiddBrewer
September 21st, 2009, 11:58 AM

i disagree.

CrazyCat
September 21st, 2009, 12:05 PM
Armanti Edwards > Colt McCoy....at picking up white girls

http://www.dailyblogging.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/mccoys-gf1.jpg

sharkeycox
September 21st, 2009, 12:20 PM
Yeah, because a 3 point loss is getting "smoked." Like I said, lay off the drugs.

You are quite the clever one.

I found I can not argue with idiots. Armanti is the class of the FCS and will play on Sunday before McCoy.
xcoffeex

South Carolina Duke
September 21st, 2009, 12:21 PM

I found I can not argue with idiots. Armanti is the class of the FCS and will play on Sunday before McCoy.
xcoffeex

Maybe in Canada

MasonJar
September 21st, 2009, 12:39 PM

Of course we are. xcoffeex

http://p-i.smugmug.com/photos/656551491_XByqp-M.jpg

appirishmen
September 21st, 2009, 12:42 PM

no we arent. or im not. i like colt. even if. you cant compare them. two different types of QBs with different talent at WR. we have talent but not like Texas can get. AE can prob smoke him with speen and scrambling....but over all colt is better.

JMU Newbill
September 21st, 2009, 12:47 PM
I mean its not a crack on AE to say that Colt McCoy is better. The guy has a legitmate shot at winning the Heisman. Now, if you are going to try to tell me that if AE was in FBS, he would be a part of the Heisman trophy discussion, then you really should get banned from this board because you are an idiot.

Pro potential aside (I think AE has none at an NFL level as a QB, qb in a wildcat maybe, WR possibly), I think AE is one of the best FCS quarterbacks of all time. He certainly is an important part of a team that has the track record to make a great case. But a heisman level FBS qb, he is not.

KiddBrewer
September 21st, 2009, 12:51 PM
http://www.dailyblogging.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/mccoys-gf1.jpg

i made out with her sister...and that is actually no liexwhistlex

CrazyCat
September 21st, 2009, 12:56 PM
i made out with her sister...and that is actually no liexwhistlex

Reps for you then xprost2x

Franks Tanks
September 21st, 2009, 01:06 PM
yeah dude, this was kind of insane.

and yes, i've seen both play (armanti twice live and mccoy several times on tv)... if you really believe this, you've lost it.

colt mccoy was being compared to vince young as one of the greatest RUNNING QB's in school history. not even talking about his passing. he's EXTREMELY elusive.

armanti is a good QB but you couldn't POSSIBLY have really meant this.

Maybe 2 years ago I could listen to this argument, but at this time no way.

Colt has got a lot better since then, and Armanti is about the same IMO.

CopperCat
September 21st, 2009, 01:33 PM
Maybe 2 years ago I could listen to this argument, but at this time no way.

Colt has got a lot better since then, and Armanti is about the same IMO.

McCoy also plays in the Big 12, which is quite a bit different from the Socon.

ericsaid
September 21st, 2009, 01:51 PM

I don't know if you were at that game, but it wasn't close until there were about two minutes left. Your offense really only had one TD drive up until less than six minutes in the forth quarter with the other drives being shortened after longgggg kick off returns and then the fake punt.

xthumbsupx

I'd like to see Armanti behind Texas' oline. Not playing football really since December and missing spring and fall camp then going 19-25 and having over 300 yards of total offense your first game back.xwhistlexxreadx

KiddBrewer
September 21st, 2009, 04:05 PM
Reps for you then xprost2x

yea bud, met them at myrtle beach when i was like 13...probably is (and always will be) my greatest accomplishment.....ever

Screamin_Eagle174
September 21st, 2009, 04:17 PM

xcoffeex

So that's why you always agree with yourself then? xlolx

JDC325
September 21st, 2009, 07:16 PM
App Fans..I know you like your guy...but lets not get crazy here......

+1 this is nuts. I guess we will see in the draft. xconfusedx

GreatAppSt
September 21st, 2009, 07:43 PM

yeah he speaks for all of us.xrolleyesx

KiddBrewer
September 21st, 2009, 09:12 PM
hell im even confused if this is serious at this point.....?

igo4uni
September 21st, 2009, 11:03 PM
yea bud, met them at myrtle beach when i was like 13...probably is (and always will be) my greatest accomplishment.....ever

Put that on your resume!!

paward
September 22nd, 2009, 07:19 AM
This is the kind of thread that makes the FBS not respect the FCS. I for one think Edwards is the best FCS QB out there. He by no means should or can be compared to McCoy. It is not fair to either. One would think it started as a joke but as we pile on it is apparent that some are drinking the cool aid. This reply is not meant to be a slight to anyone, it is just a way of saying lets keep it real.

DLS
September 22nd, 2009, 07:27 AM
ridiculous comparisons like this get made on ags all the time. the fact that you guys care enough to post on it shows there apparently is some validity to the statement. i thought this thread was stupid at first but now im kind of entertaining the thought that armanti might somehow be god.

Bull Fan
September 22nd, 2009, 07:35 AM
ridiculous comparisons like this get made on ags all the time. the fact that you guys care enough to post on it shows there apparently is some validity to the statement. i thought this thread was stupid at first but now im kind of entertaining the thought that armanti might somehow be god.

God to them. And only them. xlolx

Bull Fan
September 22nd, 2009, 07:37 AM
How can he be better than McCoy when he's not as good as this kid?

http://www.morgangibb.com/images/2002/mowing4446.jpg

DLS
September 22nd, 2009, 08:00 AM
How can he be better than McCoy when he's not as good as this kid?

http://www.morgangibb.com/images/2002/mowing4446.jpg

show me a yard that looks like that in boone

sharkeycox
September 22nd, 2009, 08:02 AM
So that's why you always agree with yourself then? xlolx

real man of geniusxeyebrowx

AppIAA
September 22nd, 2009, 08:25 AM
I guess we will see in the draft. xconfusedx

I believe the title says COLLEGE quarterback.. since when are players drafted to play in college? xchinscratchx

But seriously, they are two different style qbs, who play two different styles of offense.. for App, AE is better.. for Texas, Colt is better.. end of story!

KiddBrewer
September 22nd, 2009, 08:28 AM

...he does have long hair.....xeyebrowx