PDA

View Full Version : Murray State at Missouri State

OSRacer
September 17th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I'll try a prediction. Murray beat a poor D2 team 66-10 then was embarassed 65-7 by NC State. I think Murray is going to be getter and this game will be a good guage. Missouri State is in a getter conference and Terry Allen can win at this level, so I think they will be tough to beat at home. I am going with Murray 24-21 in an upset.
Any thoughts?

Buzzcut
September 17th, 2009, 12:48 PM
I hate to say it but I don't see you really fairing any better against Missouri State than UT Martin did. While I do expect a better season from you (we'll find out when the Colonels come to town on 9/26), I think the MVFC is generally a more competitive conference (we won't count Indiana State in that observation).

Nonetheless, stranger things have happened - best of luck to ya!

TTUEagles
September 17th, 2009, 03:00 PM
I think Murray St. has been building their program the right way, with freshman, R-Fr and having them improve/grow in the system instead of relying on JuCo's / transfers primarily. (It'd better be the right way, that's how TTU is doing it!)
I was impressed with them last year. I think they'll be in the top 4 of the league and be a favorite next year. Seriously. But, UT-M losing there last week makes me have some doubts. Winning this type of game is what the OVC needs to start doing....I'll pull for Murray, but expect Missouri St. to win a close one. Good luck!

MSUBear42
September 17th, 2009, 03:49 PM
I really don't know what to expect from the Racers!

They got killed last week, but steamrolled an NAIA school.

Who knows, but I'll go

MO STATE 31
Murray 17

Bears improve to 2-1 going into their home game against UNI

leatherneck177
September 17th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Missouri State 34
Murray State 21

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2009, 07:01 PM
If Mo State doesn't win they are in for a long season.

Maroons
September 17th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Either UTM is not the class of the OVC as I thought they were, or Murray is going to get handled at Missouri State. I am hoping that I am pleasantly surprised and Murray emerges victorious.

ekufbfan
September 17th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Either UTM is not the class of the OVC as I thought they were, or Murray is going to get handled at Missouri State. I am hoping that I am pleasantly surprised and Murray emerges victorious.

"UTM Class of the OVC?" xrolleyesx, I'm not saying they haven't been/aren't talented, however, they have won the OVC, what...one time and they have NEVER beat EKU! I hope I don't have to eat my words, but until they beat US they aren't the class of the OVC. Just my opinion.

GO EKU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VT Wildcat Fan53
September 17th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Coach Griffin has indeed been building Murray State's program the right way -- just as he did at Tenn-Martin immediately before his move to the Racers.

Murray State gets a significant program win 33-27. Go Racers!

MSUfan2010
September 17th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Defense looked good last week. I think UT-M is better on the offense side of the ball. With that said, our offense will finally show up to play and this one won't be close

31-13 Bears

OSRacer
September 18th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Looking for Murray to show they have improved...I think we can pull it off. Be a monumental challenge for our team. I think it will be a good game.

MSUBear42
September 18th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Hey OS, why is your board shut off to visitors? You can't even register!

MSUBear42
September 19th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Score should have been something like 56-10 had our offense shown up, but MSU dominates Murray State... Maybe we should move to the OVC?

http://www.news-leader.com/article/20090919/BLOGS0701/90919029/Missouri+State+rolls+to+football+victory+over+Murr ay+State

Murray State scored the game’s first points. It’s was all Missouri State after that.

The Bears won their second straight nonconference football game, beating Murray State 35-10 today before 5,530 fans at rainy Plaster Sports Complex.

Cody Kirby threw two first-quarter touchdown passes for the Bears (2-1) after the Racers (1-2) took the lead with a field goal.

MSU’s defense scored two touchdowns — a 55-yard fumble return by Skylar Smith and a fumble recovery in the end zone by Waylon Richardt — the second quarter as MSU took a 28-3 lead.

skinny_uncle
September 19th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Congrats to the Bears on their win.

MSUBear42
September 20th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Thanks, Skinny. Same to you guys.

Buzzcut
September 21st, 2009, 08:41 AM
This game ended pretty much as I expected. Still looking for that improvement that Murray State keeps promising. Maybe we'll see it next week when the Colonels come to town.

MSUBear42 - a move to the OVC would not be in your best interests.

MSUBear42
September 21st, 2009, 04:29 PM
This game ended pretty much as I expected. Still looking for that improvement that Murray State keeps promising. Maybe we'll see it next week when the Colonels come to town.

MSUBear42 - a move to the OVC would not be in your best interests.

The ONLY positive out of it would be that we would either finish 1st or 2nd every year.