PDA

View Full Version : Montana vs NDSU (finally) & MSU

LakesBison
September 16th, 2009, 04:44 PM
PRESS RELEASE 3:45 Central.

Montana agrees to home and home with NDSU in 2014 & 2015

Montana AT NDSU in 2014, NDSU at MONTANA sept 2015.

MONTANA ST at NDSU in 2013.

only took 11 years, but what the heck, ITS ON!!!!

grizband
September 16th, 2009, 04:48 PM
PRESS RELEASE 3:45 Central.

Montana agrees to home and home with NDSU in 2014 & 2015

Montana AT NDSU in 2014, NDSU at MONTANA sept 2015.

MONTANA ST at NDSU in 2013.

only took 11 years, but what the heck, ITS ON!!!!
Montana scheduling series with Appalachian State, McNeese State and North Dakota State - I like our trend in scheduling.

LakesBison
September 16th, 2009, 04:49 PM
The entire release:
----------------
ND State To Host Montana State in 2013; Home & Home With Montana in 2014-15

FARGO, N.D.--North Dakota State University Director of Athletics Gene
Taylor announced the Bison will host Montana State University in 2013
and the University of Montana in 2014 in football. Taylor made the
announcement today.

“We’re excited to get the return game worked out with Montana State, and
excited to secure a home and home series with Montana down the road.
This is an exciting announcement for our fans,” said Taylor.

The game with the Bobcats is the return date for NDSU’s 2005 road game.
Montana State won 20-17 in Bozeman. The Bison and MSU are scheduled to
play Sept. 7, 2013.

Perennial NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) power
Montana makes the trip to Fargo on Sept. 6, 2014.

The two teams last played during the 2003 season and NDSU pulled off a
25-24 upset over the Grizzlies in Missoula. The Bison make the trip to
the University of Montana on Sept. 5, 2015, to complete the home and
home agreement.

Shellin
September 16th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Montana scheduling series with Appalachian State, McNeese State and North Dakota State - I like our trend in scheduling.

I agree :) Should be some good games for us Griz fans to watch in the coming seasons.

Thundar
September 16th, 2009, 04:53 PM

Yeah they have scheduled some good games, Cal Poly and UC-Davis are no pushovers! Kudos to UM AD

Uncle Rico's Clan
September 16th, 2009, 04:55 PM
I just hope that once we travel all the way over there, you guys don't buy out the return visit.:D:D:D

LakesBison
September 16th, 2009, 04:56 PM
NDSU vs Montana in FargoDome 2014, $75-$100/ticket on the street before game?

no, we don't do buy outs like Montana/Montana St, we like to travel!

Uncle Rico's Clan
September 16th, 2009, 04:58 PM
How many tickets does NDSU reserve for the visiting team?

Thunderstruck84
September 16th, 2009, 05:01 PM
How many tickets does NDSU reserve for the visiting team?
Not sure but I'd say somewhere in the vicinity of 1000 considering the size of the visitor's section.

Uncle Rico's Clan
September 16th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Yeah they have scheduled some good games, Cal Poly and UC-Davis are no pushovers! Kudos to UM AD

I'm really pleased with Montana's scheduling lately, some of the D2s may be questionable but I love seeing big time FCS matchups instead FBS schools. When the payday isn't needed I think its better for the program.

Gil Dobie
September 16th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Nice Scheduling job by Gene xthumbsupx

Hammersmith
September 16th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Not sure but I'd say somewhere in the vicinity of 1000 considering the size of the visitor's section.
Might be closer to 500. Visitors get section 23. (19,000 divided by 34 = ~560)

http://www.fargodome.com/uploads/Football.gif

And we're totally buying out Montana in 2015. :D:D

LakesBison
September 16th, 2009, 05:19 PM
2015 in montana will be the most fans an opposing team has had there.... dont ya think?

montana state gets what, 2500-3000 there? Im talking 5000+ for NDSU in 2015

GOKATS
September 16th, 2009, 05:21 PM
That's a good road game for Montana St. in 2013 as it's a 12 game schedule. Looking forward to that game.xthumbsupx

Silenoz
September 16th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Awesome

Now we just need to schedule SDSU, and for USD to get good so we can schedule them

CopperCat
September 16th, 2009, 05:24 PM
That's a good road game for Montana St. in 2013 as it's a 12 game schedule. Looking forward to that game.xthumbsupx

Let's hope the result is the same from the last time the Cats played NDSU!xnodx

Uncle Rico's Clan
September 16th, 2009, 05:35 PM
2015 in montana will be the most fans an opposing team has had there.... dont ya think?

montana state gets what, 2500-3000 there? Im talking 5000+ for NDSU in 2015

I would be surprised if you were able to get that many tickets, come game time if both teams are doing well and ranked this ticket could be difficult to come by.

RabidRabbit
September 16th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Great series and games between some storied programs!!!xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

Congrats to the Bison on getting the front end in Fargo.

It will need to start in Brookings for an SDSU series, but I'd be happy to see the Jacks vs the MT schools in the future. xtwocentsxxhurrayx

Hellgate60
September 16th, 2009, 05:49 PM
We really need to stop scheduling cupcakesxlolx

darell1976
September 16th, 2009, 06:11 PM
So whats the chances Montana backs out of coming to Fargo, and then keeping the game at Montana?? Everyone says they will do that to UND why not NDSU. Is there a guarantee that they will come to Fargo. I hope they do i would love to go to that game.

Thundar
September 16th, 2009, 06:14 PM
So whats the chances Montana backs out of coming to Fargo, and then keeping the game at Montana?? Everyone says they will do that to UND why not NDSU. Is there a guarantee that they will come to Fargo. I hope they do i would love to go to that game.

No there is no Guarantee of anything, they could have a big FBS game come that weekend, or anything it is a long time till the games yet. Not saying they will not come but many thigs could happen, same goes for the NDSU return game, we have honored every return so far but that doesn't mean something couldn't happen to cause us to buy out the 2015 UM return

ValleyChamp
September 16th, 2009, 06:15 PM
We really need to stop scheduling cupcakesxlolx

xlolxxnodx

darell1976
September 16th, 2009, 06:18 PM
No there is no Guarantee of anything, they could have a big FBS game come that weekend, or anything it is a long time till the games yet. Not saying they will not come but many thigs could happen, same goes for the NDSU return game, we have honored every return so far but that doesn't mean something couldn't happen to cause us to buy out the 2015 UM return

Well i hope they (Montana) don't back out i think it would be a great game!!!

JBB
September 16th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Excellent scheduling by all involved. Sure is a long way off though.

NDSU gives 500 to visiting teams.

It doesnt sound like there are any buyouts. I havent heard of any, but with Montana coming to Fargo first it doesn't seem to be a problem. If they dont come here we are certainly not going there. I dont have any idea what the cancellation clause might be though. I would think there would be some penalty for canceling?

Thanks to Montana state for coming to town. It looks like our deal was BISON at Bozeman first and second game to be announced?

Good games for both states with potential for huge crowds in Fargo. Lakes might be right about the street price for some tickets.

darell1976
September 16th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Excellent scheduling by all involved. Sure is a long way off though.

NDSU gives 500 to visiting teams.

It doesnt sound like there are any buyouts. I havent heard of any, but with Montana coming to Fargo first it doesn't seem to be a problem. If they dont come here we are certainly not going there. I dont have any idea what the cancellation clause might be though. I would think there would be some penalty for canceling?

Thanks to Montana state for coming to town. It looks like our deal was BISON at Bozeman first and second game to be announced?

Good games for both states with potential for huge crowds in Fargo. Lakes might be right about the street price for some tickets.

Especially if both teams are playoff contenders or ranked high in the polls at the beginning of the year. I looked at GoBison.com and they have the date as the first game in September so it could set a tone for the whole season. Good game NDSU i give you that!!

onbison09
September 16th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Way to go Gene!!

GOKATS
September 16th, 2009, 07:10 PM

Given that scenario the griz will go to NDSU, they don't play FBS teams.;)

uofmman1122
September 16th, 2009, 07:49 PM
This is fishy...

I think Monte has been sneaking into Jim O'Day's office, holding a gun to his head. xlolx

Hansel
September 16th, 2009, 07:53 PM
So whats the chances Montana backs out of coming to Fargo, and then keeping the game at Montana??

pretty sure that NDSU wouldn't play at Montana if the grizzies bail.

I am guessing the reason it took so long for this series to materialize is that NDSU insisted on Montana coming to Fargo first

darell1976
September 16th, 2009, 07:55 PM
pretty sure that NDSU wouldn't play at Montana if the grizzies bail.

I am guessing the reason it took so long for this series to materialize is that NDSU insisted on Montana coming to Fargo first

Smart move on NDSU's part!xnodx

onbison09
September 16th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Smart move on NDSU's part!xnodx

Only fair since we played there last. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-A_1IhmLj4 & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3My_G4VB5c&feature=related

AmsterBison
September 16th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Nice job by all three ADs! Thanks, fellas!

Grizaholic17
September 17th, 2009, 01:01 AM
With the Griz luck, NDSU will turn into a cupcake team by then and shame our scheduling even more....awesome.

In all seriousness though, I am happy by the AD's work the past few months. xthumbsupx

mlbowl
September 17th, 2009, 02:07 AM
I've posted it many times before...I'm too tired right now...So...listen up...we've went on the road many many many times....Sorry we had a little deficit thing to get through...those days are gone now...STOP BEATINGxdeadhorsex.

Benne
September 17th, 2009, 08:09 AM
With the Griz luck, NDSU will turn into a cupcake team by then and shame our scheduling even more....awesome.

In all seriousness though, I am happy by the AD's work the past few months. xthumbsupx

By then? xsmiley_wix

leatherneck177
September 17th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Nice matchup! I really like the fact that some ADs are not afraid to schedule anyone anywhere.

MplsBison
September 17th, 2009, 08:41 AM
I've been telling people for a while now that the Montana State contract was not bought out.

This is great scheduling!

I'm starting to think that more home/homes are better than bringing in low/non scholarship FCS teams for guarantee games.

yeah yeah I know

jackrabbit1979
September 17th, 2009, 09:17 AM
I've been telling people for a while now that the Montana State contract was not bought out.

This is great scheduling!

I'm starting to think that more home/homes are better than bringing in low/non scholarship FCS teams for guarantee games.

yeah yeah I know

Really...you are just thinking that now. You mean playing Montana State, Georgia Southern, Sam Houston, and Montana at home is more fun than Central Conn., Wagner, or Valpo. xsmiley_wix

NDB
September 17th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Really...you are just thinking that now. You mean playing Montana State, Georgia Southern, Sam Houston, and Montana at home is more fun than Central Conn., Wagner, or Valpo. xsmiley_wix

What about Wisconsin LaCrosse?

darell1976
September 17th, 2009, 10:10 AM

xlolxxlolxxlolx

griz8791
September 17th, 2009, 10:13 AM

Or Western State, Dixie State, or Adams State.

darell1976
September 17th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Or Western State, Dixie State, or Adams State.

Wasn't that the school in Revenge Of The Nerds???xlolx

onbison09
September 17th, 2009, 10:25 AM
University of Sioux Falls :D

darell1976
September 17th, 2009, 10:27 AM
University of Sioux Falls :D

Montana Tech:D:D:D

GrizFanStuckInUtah
September 17th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Elmo Tech! :D

darell1976
September 17th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Elmo Tech! :D

Is that next to Big Bird College.xlolx

GrizFanStuckInUtah
September 17th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Is that next to Big Bird College.xlolx

Sort of, they did have a school in Elmo Mt for a while, was joke when I grew up that you wanted to attend school there after you graduated. :D

MplsBison
September 17th, 2009, 12:16 PM

No offense to AD Taylor or the NDSU coaching staff...but I'm starting to think that SDSU's tough schedules are the reason they've done so much better than NDSU in the latter half of the transition.

They really turned the corner in 07, I think and they were better than us in 08. So far in 09 it doesn't appear to be reversed as NDSU munches on a cupcake this week in Wagner while SDSU plays Cal Poly in a few weeks.

onbison09
September 17th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Montana Tech:D:D:D

Touche :D

THE HERD
September 17th, 2009, 02:20 PM
No offense to AD Taylor or the NDSU coaching staff...but I'm starting to think that SDSU's tough schedules are the reason they've done so much better than NDSU in the latter half of the transition.

They really turned the corner in 07, I think and they were better than us in 08. So far in 09 it doesn't appear to be reversed as NDSU munches on a cupcake this week in Wagner while SDSU plays Cal Poly in a few weeks.

If I am not mistaken SDSU only had a better record than the Bison in 08. That is one year, not the latter half of the transition. Granted they are better this year for now, I will be able to tell more after NDSU goes to Carbondale next weekend. If the Bison get stroked by the Egyptian Dogs then it will be obvious there will be no beating the rabbits in Brookings. With three new defensive coaches and a new Offensive Coordinator and a lot of younger players, I am not willing to say right now that they suck, cause it will usually take some time to gel as a team and there has been quite a few bright spots. They will have had three games to mesh and iron out the kinks before they take on the Salukis, so that will be a great barometer as to how good or bad the Bison could end up bieng.

wapiti
September 17th, 2009, 02:27 PM
This is Grrrrrrreat!!!!!!! xnodx

Glad to see MSU returning the visit to NDSU that they cancelled a few years back.

I hope to see more games bewtween the Montana and Dakota schools in the future. xthumbsupx

catbob
September 17th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Can't wait to make the trip? Of course in 4 years who knows where I'll be. Probably face down in a gutter (Missoula). Budump chh. Sorry.

Anyways, I'm glad the Cats are traveling OOC somewhere that doesn't compete in a bowl game for once. Haven't done that for a few years.

mlbowl
September 17th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Only fair since we played there last.

Um...you were DII

onbison09
September 17th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Um...you were DII

True, true. Forgot about that. :D But it's cool you guys are coming to the Dome and we're going to your place. 2 of the best venues in FCS IMO.

mlbowl
September 17th, 2009, 07:39 PM
True, true. Forgot about that. :D But it's cool you guys are coming to the Dome and we're going to your place. 2 of the best venues in FCS IMO.

It is pretty cool...if I were a rich man, I'd wing on up there and see a game in that Domexnodx

Thunderstruck84
September 17th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Personally, I'm more excited about going to WaGriz in 2015 then seeing Montana play in Fargo. The Fargodome is great but I see a game there 5-6 times a year. Scenery is just a little better in Missoula I'd say xthumbsupx. Hopefully I can snag myself some tickets when it rolls around.

LakesBison
September 17th, 2009, 11:00 PM
you want scenery? come to lakes' tailgate saturday morning. it'll be scenery like a playboy mansion party!!!

GET READY FOR THAT MONTANA!!

Twentysix
May 18th, 2012, 07:36 PM

haha aahahahahaha hhahahahaha ahhhahaha hahahhahaha hhahaha ahahahahahha hahhahahaha ahahahaha hahhahhahaha

Squealofthepig
May 19th, 2012, 01:24 AM
A bit late to this thread, but I have nothing but positive things to say about this - this is the type of home/home both Montana and NDSU should be looking to book - solid, playoff-caliber teams ooc in rough stadiums, and pleased for both fanbases that this is happening.

Plus, the Griz need to avenge some losses to NDSU from the 60s! Remember the Camelia Bowls! (to say nothing about the home loss when NDSU was still dii...)

344Johnson
May 19th, 2012, 01:56 AM
A bit late to this thread, but I have nothing but positive things to say about this - this is the type of home/home both Montana and NDSU should be looking to book - solid, playoff-caliber teams ooc in rough stadiums, and pleased for both fanbases that this is happening.

Plus, the Griz need to avenge some losses to NDSU from the 60s! Remember the Camelia Bowls! (to say nothing about the home loss when NDSU was still dii...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwPLQ43JVYU

BisonHype!
May 19th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Great games coming up. Good job by all schools for scheduling these. Everyone wanted the games to happen, glad to see them finally coming to an agreement.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 19th, 2012, 03:51 PM
It will be fun to watch MSU's QB (McGhee) in the FargoDome next year. Our awesome junior class will be seniors.

I fully expect a Bison beatdown in that game....:D