PDA

View Full Version : Elon ESPN Article

SoDakState
September 15th, 2009, 11:54 PM
It's about time some FCS schools start getting some FBS like respect. I especially like Grobes' quote in the last paragraph.

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/3613/wake-forest-not-taking-elon-lightly

UNHWildCats
September 16th, 2009, 12:09 AM
some of the people leaving comments need to be smacked... HARD

FlyBoy8
September 16th, 2009, 02:05 AM
some of the people leaving comments need to be smacked... HARD

Yeah, like the guy who thinks Elon would beat 1/3 of the ACC.

Let's not get carried away there, fella.

ASU_Fanatic
September 16th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Woo Elon has officially made it big time lol.

100th post,lol!

gophoenix
September 16th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Ha!

The Wake board shows people a lot more concerned. This crap just seems like ACC fans smacking one another with Elon as the tool to do it!

Lehigh Football Nation
September 16th, 2009, 09:31 AM
If Elon beats Wake I believe that the ACC would have a 6-3 overall record against FCS.

All three losses would come to FCS teams ranked in the Top 25 (W&M, Richmond, Elon), and overall they'd have a 3-3 record over Top 25 teams (two wins coming over Jacksonville State - one of them a squeaker - and the OT game against JMU).

The other wins came against the Citadel, Murray State, and Northeastern.

Top 25 FCS > ACC

PaladinFan
September 16th, 2009, 10:06 AM
I think the thing working against Elon is their first two games. Nice blowout wins, but while Wake Forest has had two grind out games against Stanford and Baylor, Elon has been coasting through two easy wins.

Wake is battle tested, Elon's not. Most of Elon's stars haven't even played a full football game yet and its week 3.

whoanellie
September 16th, 2009, 11:03 AM
could this all be part of a plan to drive the walk-up gate on Saturday?

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 16th, 2009, 11:22 AM
I like Dinich's blog. She's pretty cute, too.

LehighFan11
September 17th, 2009, 09:07 AM
I like Elon to at the very least keep this close. Wake is nothing special and they do tend to find a way to win, so Elon will have to complete out play them late in the game to win. However with the offense Elon has, if they don't get hit with the turnover bug early, this will be a very good game.

LehighFan11
September 17th, 2009, 09:08 AM
If Elon beats Wake I believe that the ACC would have a 6-3 overall record against FCS.

All three losses would come to FCS teams ranked in the Top 25 (W&M, Richmond, Elon), and overall they'd have a 3-3 record over Top 25 teams (two wins coming over Jacksonville State - one of them a squeaker - and the OT game against JMU).

The other wins came against the Citadel, Murray State, and Northeastern.

Top 25 FCS > ACC

Well Miami, VT, or GT haven't play any top 25 FCS teams. Those 3 would smack any of those teams. Duke and Virginia are so sad that they should basically cancel the rest of the season.