PDA

View Full Version : Missouri Valley Power Rankings 9-15

jackrabbit1979
September 15th, 2009, 10:37 PM
I'm in officially in football mode now as the Jackrabbits got started late this past weekend. Let's get the talk started as conference games get started this week:

1. Northern Iowa - should have beat Big 10 Iowa and then made fairly talented FCS newcomer USD look like Sisters of the Poor. Without a doubt the best in the conference right now, but do have to play SDSU at Brookings for Hobo Day and also against the Bison in Fargo where it's never easy to get a win.

2. South Dakota State - Dismantled Georgia Southern at home in first game of season, led by a defense that didn't allow a young but talented GSU offense inside the 20 all game. Offense showed success riding the shoulders of arguably the best RB, WR, TE trio in the Valley (if not FCS) of Minnet, Fox, and Cochart. Favorable Conference schedule sets them up for success.

3. Southern Illinois - Good showing against FBS Marshall in week 1. Lots of talent and quality coaching will lead to a lot of wins. Only behind SDSU at this point because they eventually have to come to Brookings in early November to face a quality Jackrabbit squad. Needed a Ryan Berry interception near the goal line to beat SDSU in Carbondale last year, home field advantage goes the other way this time.

4. Western Illinois - Quality win against SHSU in week 1, will face another high scoring SLC squad in SFA this week. Matt Barr torched the Jackrabbits in Brookings last fall with his arm and legs, and without Donaldson this year has become the offensive threat for the Leathernecks.

5. NDSU - Always tough to beat the Bison in Fargo, but the boys up north start the season 0-2 on the road. Both losses to respectable squads in Iowa State and SHSU, but the Bearkats might have exposed a shaky defense that allowed 40+ points and over 600 yards of offense. Key injuries on defense and at WR already. Offense has looked good riding FCS leading rusher Pat Paschall, but Bison fans still lack confidence in Nick "the pick" Mertens calling the signals for the herd.

6. Youngstown State - Penguins are on their way back after down 2008 season. Respectable showing against FBS Pitt, and then good but not dominant win over weaker opponent in Austin Peay. Quality Senior leadership at QB, and possibly best WR in League in Donald Jones should lead the Penguins to wins in the conference. Tough schedule with UNI, SIU, and NDSU all on the road.

7. Missouri State - Preseason injuries have hurt the Bears chances, but they still have quality players on offense in QB Cody Kirby and TE Clay Harbor. Not so good showing against FBS Arkansas, but quality win over Tennessee-Martin. Favorable schedule having UNI and SDSU at home for a chance at upsetting one of the top two, and also having Illinois State at home ranks them above the Redbirds.

8. Illinois State - Redbirds off to 0-2 start and need to get a win this weekend against Austin Peay. Losing starting QB Kiel in first game for half of season will hurt, but replacement Brown had a respectable game against the Illini this past week.

9. Indiana State - ISU Blue looks to be down again. Many thought it might be the season for the trees to get a win, but after the first couple weeks they maybe look as down as ever. Did play respectable against FBS Louisville, but loss to NAIA Quincy and Eastern Illinois didn't show much. ISU will improve again over the course of the year, but will still be in the cellar of the Valley at years end.

Please read, critique, and add your thoughts.

PantherRob82
September 15th, 2009, 10:38 PM
I can't argue. Well done.

da_Bison
September 15th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Well done jackrabbit1979, hopefully we'll get our secondary issues worked out and make the rest of the season very respectable. Its obviously very early in the season but as of now, Jacks and Panthers look very very tough, gotta figure SIU in the mix as well.

unigriff
September 15th, 2009, 10:57 PM
well done jackrabbit1979, hopefully we'll get our secondary issues worked out and make the rest of the season very respectable. As of now, Jacks and Panthers look very very tough, gotta figure SIU in the mix as well.

HAHAHAH, Maybe when Bison fly.

ValleyChamp
September 15th, 2009, 11:05 PM
I think YSU is better than NDSU and WIU at this point.

PantherRob82
September 15th, 2009, 11:10 PM

I'm not so sure about this. What makes you think YSU is that good? They got SMOKED by Pitt, and were behind Austin Peay for quite a while.

ValleyChamp
September 15th, 2009, 11:33 PM
I don't think they are great by any means, I just just think they are better than WIU and the Bison.

I think that YSU has some good athletes on their team, and could beat some people this year. WIU and NDSU are too slow and run oriented IMO.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
September 16th, 2009, 06:33 AM
I'm not so sure about this. What makes you think YSU is that good? They got SMOKED by Pitt, and were behind Austin Peay for quite a while.

Thus the reason why they are only favored by 1 point over CAA cellar dweller Northeastern. If YSU trips on this one, ouch!

Having said that, most high schools have better locker rooms and facilities than Northeastern. It's a reverse intimidation factor that many a good team have fallen victim to in the past. Beware! ;)

Gil Dobie
September 16th, 2009, 07:57 AM
IMO, SDSU is the best team in the conference.

MplsBison
September 16th, 2009, 07:59 AM
I don't think they are great by any means, I just just think they are better than WIU and the Bison.

I think that YSU has some good athletes on their team, and could beat some people this year. WIU and NDSU are too slow and run oriented IMO.

Never understood the thought process behind "they're too slow" on offense.

It makes total sense to me on defense. Sure, speed kills.

But offense? What does it matter if you're burning people with a spread passing game or taking your time, methodically marching down the field with a power running game? It's not like the other team gets points if you don't score fast enough. You're keeping their offense off the field the whole time your offense is on it.

If we win games 14-10 or 17-10, what difference does it make how slow we plow over people into the endzone?

MplsBison
September 16th, 2009, 08:01 AM

The top three definitely are SDSU, UNI and SIU.

I won't rank those three until they play each other.

Gil Dobie
September 16th, 2009, 08:18 AM
The top three definitely are SDSU, UNI and SIU.

I won't rank those three until they play each other.

I am leaning SDSU's way because they have both SIU and UNI at home. Doesn't mean they will win, but it is an advantage.

nmatsen
September 16th, 2009, 08:25 AM
I am leaning SDSU's way because they have both SIU and UNI at home. Doesn't mean they will win, but it is an advantage.

A HUGE ADVANTAGE! We don't have Eric Sanders to go 22 for 22 in the first half in Brookings like we did on our last visit. We still went in down at halftime.

jackrabbit1979
September 16th, 2009, 08:50 AM

I agree that SDSU's schedule sets up favorably having UNI, SIU, and NDSU at home. In fact, I ranked the Rabbits ahead of SIU for this very reason. But UNI has beat SDSU at home before (although I think this SDSU squad is better) and I figured if they can go to Kinnick and be right there with the Hawkeyes, that an away game at CAS in Brookings might not be quite as intimidating. Plus, UNI looks really damn good right now.

jackrabbit1979
September 16th, 2009, 08:51 AM
A HUGE ADVANTAGE! We don't have Eric Sanders to go 22 for 22 in the first half in Brookings like we did on our last visit. We still went in down at halftime.

Please don't bring that up anymore, I was finally erasing it from my memory. I still remember sitting in the east stands and watching Sanders methodically pick apart our defense that whole game. xoopsxxbawlingx

Gil Dobie
September 16th, 2009, 08:53 AM
I agree that SDSU's schedule sets up favorably having UNI, SIU, and NDSU at home. In fact, I ranked the Rabbits ahead of SIU for this very reason. But UNI has beat SDSU at home before (although I think this SDSU squad is better) and I figured if they can go to Kinnick and be right there with the Hawkeyes, that an away game at CAS in Brookings might not be quite as intimidating. Plus, UNI looks really damn good right now.

The Jacks should be right there with the Gophers too, if they don't get too psych out from the FBS thing and the new stadium. Last years SDSU team was the best that I've seen in 30+ years, and this year should be better.

NDB
September 16th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Go watch NDSU in Brookings, 79. The Jacks will do the same thing to the Bison...

leatherneck177
September 16th, 2009, 09:17 AM

xconfusedx

TCisMYhero
September 16th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Please don't bring that up anymore, I was finally erasing it from my memory. I still remember sitting in the east stands and watching Sanders methodically pick apart our defense that whole game. xoopsxxbawlingx

Pat Grace put up better numbers against an Iowa team that was supposed to have one of the best dbacks in the B10 in Spivey. Hopefully this will translate into similar numbers throughout the season, barring one exception. If we get to Chatty, I'd like to see him with 0 fumbles. Eric's fumble was the beginning of the App 3-peat expressxoopsx.

MplsBison
September 16th, 2009, 11:03 AM
The Jacks should be right there with the Gophers too, if they don't get too psych out from the FBS thing and the new stadium. Last years SDSU team was the best that I've seen in 30+ years, and this year should be better.

While I agree, my message to all those FCS teams lining up to play the Gophers in the future: savor the flavor now, cuz it ain't gunna last.

That new stadium just unlocked the door for the U to become a top 25 BCS team.

RabidRabbit
September 16th, 2009, 12:29 PM
SIU's 2nd test of the season will come when NDSU plays there. Until that game there is no reason to move Dawgs UP.

SDSU's challenge was to get start 1-0 vs a highly reputable opponent. Last year the Jacks strength was a potent offense, and a passable defense. Many games were shoot outs. This year, the only way the Jacks fall out of the 25 rankings is if somebody not ranked or FBS beats them.

UNI has two game in where you go WHOA at the results. Can any team touch them, and pull a victory. IMHO, there are now 3 possibilities, ranked in order possibility of a Panther loss. SDSU, SIU, NDSU.

Based on their common opponent, WIU & NDSU should end up middle of pack 6-5/5-6 teams.

YSU is a wild card, that is to yet prove that they deserve to considered for upper part of Valley football. Winning at Northeastern is critical to earn a small modum of respect. A loss is nearly as bad as a loss to NEC opponent.

Mo St/IL St - Thank goodness the Woods are rooted in the cellar.

In St. - Another winless year, but another year of experience gained as Coach builds a program up.

ValleyChamp
September 16th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Never understood the thought process behind "they're too slow" on offense.

It makes total sense to me on defense. Sure, speed kills.

But offense? What does it matter if you're burning people with a spread passing game or taking your time, methodically marching down the field with a power running game? It's not like the other team gets points if you don't score fast enough. You're keeping their offense off the field the whole time your offense is on it.

If we win games 14-10 or 17-10, what difference does it make how slow we plow over people into the endzone?

Because you aren't winning. And IMO, lack of speed on both sides of the ball, is the biggest problem for NDSU.

PantherRob82
September 16th, 2009, 12:55 PM

Hard to evaluate after one game. Especially since we're not sure that GSU is that good.

PantherRob82
September 16th, 2009, 12:58 PM

How does that make them better? xconfusedx

You might think they have the in-road at the championship, but it doesn't make them better after 2 weeks.

jackmd
September 16th, 2009, 01:31 PM
UNI appears be very solid all around although I don't think the blowout of the coyotes necessarily means they are a lot better than last year, they don't need to be as they were damn good last year. The game against Iowa was impressive and I wish they would have won it. I don't know if the Jackrabbits can beat them at CAS but we have our best chance since moving up. I don't think anyone will even come close in the dome.

SDSU has the best all around team we have ever had IMHO. No standout down field speed but better than average receivers/TE, great RBs, a darn good O-line and a steady QB who has earned his spot. Our defense is very impressive although we have had trouble with running QB's in the past. Our secondary is adequate but will have trouble with the best WR's in the league. If we don't get bit by the injury bug that game with Cal-Poly on the 3rd is going to tell us a lot. I think we are better than SIU right now but that's because I'm a Jacks fan.

MplsBison
September 16th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Because you aren't winning. And IMO, lack of speed on both sides of the ball, is the biggest problem for NDSU.

And for the reason I already outlined, there is no such issue as lack of speed on offense for NDSU.

We'll take a 245 lbs fullback and ram him down your throat 14 times in a row, all the way down to the endzone.

Lets see your 145 lbs basketball players with speed take that on.

Gil Dobie
September 16th, 2009, 03:05 PM
How does that make them better? xconfusedx

You might think they have the in-road at the championship, but it doesn't make them better after 2 weeks.

SDSU blew out a FCS school, UNI blew out a school in transition. The Iowa game was a loss for UNI.

Gil Dobie
September 16th, 2009, 03:07 PM

It didn't help that the NDSU DBacks were 6 inches shorter than the Sam Houston receiver.

mango43
September 16th, 2009, 03:12 PM
While I agree, my message to all those FCS teams lining up to play the Gophers in the future: savor the flavor now, cuz it ain't gunna last.

That new stadium just unlocked the door for the U to become a top 25 BCS team.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Now that is funny

UNIFanSince1983
September 16th, 2009, 03:21 PM
And for the reason I already outlined, there is no such issue as lack of speed on offense for NDSU.

We'll take a 245 lbs fullback and ram him down your throat 14 times in a row, all the way down to the endzone.

I think we dealt with it well last year. And since our guys are big AND fast I think there is something to say about that.

Right now it is tough for me to tell who the best team in the conference is. SDSU is looking solid, but how good is GSU? SIU is always tough, and with how they played Marshall it looks like they will be again. I still think it is early to judge UNI as well. We played a USD team with no defense, and the jury is out on how good Iowa really is. NDSU put themselves behind an 8 ball with two losses already. They could bounce back and end up being good, but look like a middle of the road team. WIU will be right there with NDSU in the middle, and the bottom is who we thought they were.

Looks to be an exciting Valley season.

MplsBison
September 16th, 2009, 04:34 PM
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Now that is funny

http://a.espncdn.com/media/apphoto/6d19a32b-7237-49ba-8884-2187bfa4fa06.jpg

Can you honestly look at that and not think that it's one of the most unique settings in all of BCS college football? Brand new, amazing on-campus stadium right next to downtown of a major metro area? There aren't many like that. Maybe Pitt and Louisville? Washington might count if they do a major renovation.

We'll just have to disagree on that.

JayJ79
September 16th, 2009, 04:36 PM

A reasonable opinion at this juncture. I happen to hold a different opinion. But only time will tell which one of us is right (or perhaps we're both wrong. who knows)

mmiller_34
September 16th, 2009, 05:00 PM

Can you honestly look at that and not think that it's one of the most unique settings in all of BCS college football? Brand new, amazing on-campus stadium right next to downtown of a major metro area? There aren't many like that. Maybe Pitt and Louisville? Washington might count if they do a major renovation.

Louisville not so much. Check out Georgia Tech's stadium.

jmc_jackrabbit
September 16th, 2009, 05:01 PM
I watched the UNI/Iowa game. And I saw SDSU handle GSU.

To me, the Panthers' performance at Iowa was very impressive. They physically outplayed Iowa. That's enough for me to put UNI at the top of the league. SIU played Marshall very tough. That's enough for me to put SIU next.

At SDSU, we have our best team ever. But it'll be a few weeks (ISU-wood next; then ISU-feathers and THEN Cal Poly) before we know how good we are.

MSUBear42
September 16th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Only time will tell, but if MSU's defense plays like they did on saturday, there's no way in hell they finish 7th.

PantherRob82
September 16th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Only time will tell, but if MSU's defense plays like they did on saturday, there's no way in hell they finish 7th.

It was TN-Martin...not like they're a mighty powerhouse.

Gil Dobie
September 16th, 2009, 05:08 PM

Sounds like the sunset is pretty awesome too. The orginal plans were to have the open end on the other side, and that would have been a big mistake.

MSUBear42
September 16th, 2009, 05:09 PM
It was TN-Martin...not like they're a mighty powerhouse.

Whatever. It was a UT-Martin team picked 2nd in the OVC and had one of the best offenses in the country last season. They weren't a pushover.

PantherRob82
September 16th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Whatever. It was a UT-Martin team picked 2nd in the OVC and had one of the best offenses in the country last season. They weren't a pushover.

The OVC sucks. xrulesx

I don't think we've seen enough of Mo State to say anything yet. I watched the game against Arkansas, but hard to tell much from that.

Gil Dobie
September 16th, 2009, 05:11 PM
A reasonable opinion at this juncture. I happen to hold a different opinion. But only time will tell which one of us is right (or perhaps we're both wrong. who knows)

Ya, for sure. xpeacex

KUlawJack
September 16th, 2009, 05:20 PM

It is beautiful no doubt. But what is telling is how small it is for such a large metro area. To me, it is sad that in such a large city they can only expect that much support. If Minnesota is really going to be a Top 25 BCS program because of that stadium alone, I will be amazed. They sure didn't look anything close to that last week. Just my opinion.

Go Jacks!

Gil Dobie
September 16th, 2009, 05:22 PM
It is beautiful no doubt. But what is telling is how small it is for such a large metro area. To me, it is sad that in such a large city they can only expect that much support. If Minnesota is really going to be a Top 25 BCS program because of that stadium alone, I will be amazed. They sure didn't look anything close to that last week. Just my opinion.

Go Jacks!

They built the stadium with the option to add on at a later date if needed. I'm not sure the Gophers will be a top 25 team with the current coaching staff. Maybe they learn from mistakes and get better.

KUlawJack
September 16th, 2009, 05:29 PM
They built the stadium with the option to add on at a later date if needed. I'm not sure the Gophers will be a top 25 team with the current coaching staff. Maybe they learn from mistakes and get better.

Understood, thanks for the information. I guess I didn't make my point very effectively. I think it tells a lot about their program though that they only built it to hold that many initially. Shows, in my opinion, a lack of support for the program given the size of the school and the metropolitan area.

They may get better, but they are a long way from a Top 25 team. Beautiful stadium no doubt.

Go Jacks!

RabidRabbit
September 16th, 2009, 05:30 PM
The OVC sucks. xrulesx

I don't think we've seen enough of Mo State to say anything yet. I watched the game against Arkansas, but hard to tell much from that.

Mo St got their nosering royal pulled all game long by the Razorbacks. And AR is likely to make a no-name bowl, and nothing more. 4th in SEC West is about the best I've seen predicted. MoSt<<AR.

Gil Dobie
September 16th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Understood, thanks for the information. I guess I didn't make my point very effectively. I think it tells a lot about their program though that they only built it to hold that many initially. Shows, in my opinion, a lack of support for the program given the size of the school and the metropolitan area.

They may get better, but they are a long way from a Top 25 team. Beautiful stadium no doubt.

Go Jacks!

I understand the Gopher support thingy. There is just too much competition for the sports entertainment dollar in the Twin Cities. It's more of a baseball/hockey town, unless the football teams are winning. Heck the Twin Cities is the only venue that didn't sellout for the Beatles.

da_bears
September 16th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Mo St got their nosering royal pulled all game long by the Razorbacks. And AR is likely to make a no-name bowl, and nothing more. 4th in SEC West is about the best I've seen predicted. MoSt<<AR.

any other MVC team << AR, so whats you point Lets see SDSU finish better than 4th in the SEC west with #4 Alabama, #5 Ol Miss, and #9LSU.

ValleyChamp
September 16th, 2009, 06:08 PM

No, you won't. You tried that last year, and it didn't work.

PantherRob82
September 16th, 2009, 06:09 PM
any other MVC team << AR, so whats you point

I wholeheartedly disagree. UNI, SIU, and SDSU might beat Arkansas if given the chance.

ValleyChamp
September 16th, 2009, 06:09 PM
It didn't help that the NDSU DBacks were 6 inches shorter than the Sam Houston receiver.

BFD. Most WRs are taller than the dbacks in the FCS. They got ripped apart by a mediocre team.

MSUBear42
September 16th, 2009, 06:22 PM
I wholeheartedly disagree. UNI, SIU, and SDSU might beat Arkansas if given the chance.
Don't get too big headed, UNI.

You guys will win-out your MVFC games, but you're not world-beaters.

PantherRob82
September 16th, 2009, 06:24 PM

It's Arkansas...not LSU or Florida. I watch all D-I football very closely.

PantherRob82
September 16th, 2009, 06:25 PM

Doesn't seem like your fullbacks ever get far enough to find someone that light...

MSUBear42
September 16th, 2009, 06:26 PM
It's Arkansas...not LSU or Florida. I watch all D-I football very closely.

And you guys barely beat Iowa, not Florida or LSU or USC. Your point?

:D

ValleyChamp
September 16th, 2009, 06:30 PM

Luckily, we don't have to beat the world. We just have to beat teams like the Bears.xlolx

MSUBear42
September 16th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Luckily, we don't have to beat the world. We just have to beat teams like the Bears.xlolx

Which you will xsmiley_wix

JackTwice
September 16th, 2009, 06:42 PM

With a defense giving up 400 and 600 yards in 2 games and now down a starting linebacker its going to be pretty tough keeping teams to 10 points.

UNIFanSince1983
September 16th, 2009, 06:52 PM

Actually we lost to Iowa...xoopsx

I do think MSU will be better this year, but to expect them to move way up might be a little much. I think it is very likely they finish ahead of NDSU and YSU, possibly even WIU.

UNI Pike
September 16th, 2009, 07:00 PM

UT-Martin may be a decent team, but the OVC hasn't won a playoff game since I hit puberty.

MSUBear42
September 16th, 2009, 07:10 PM
UT-Martin may be a decent team, but the OVC hasn't won a playoff game since I hit puberty.

xlolxxlolxxlolx

I'm just playing devils advocate...

I do still think MSU will win 7 games though...

JayJ79
September 16th, 2009, 07:18 PM
I do think MSU will be better this year.

so...... It'll be UNI 42, MSU 7 instead of the 42-0 it was last year xlolx
(okay, since it's played in Springfield this year, I'll give 'em 42-14)

JayJ79
September 16th, 2009, 07:30 PM

You hadn't hit puberty yet in 2000?

Gil Dobie
September 16th, 2009, 07:40 PM
BFD. Most WRs are taller than the dbacks in the FCS. They got ripped apart by a mediocre team.

Thank you for stating the obvious xoopsx

MSUBear42
September 16th, 2009, 07:40 PM
I'm not predicting it at all, believe me, but remember when UNI came to Springfield in 2005?

I think UNI was ranked like 5 or 6 at the time.

UNIFanSince1983
September 16th, 2009, 08:36 PM
I'm not predicting it at all, believe me, but remember when UNI came to Springfield in 2005?

Yeah and I remember Eric Sanders was injured for that game. So not having arguably the best quarterback in FCS may have made a difference...

PantherRob82
September 16th, 2009, 09:51 PM

We could beat Arkansas. They're in the same range as Iowa. Not a lot of great talent, not that well coached.

PantherRob82
September 16th, 2009, 09:53 PM

Didn't our QB get injured? We also started that season slow. I think ISU Red beat us 42-3 the following week.

UNIFanSince1983
September 16th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Didn't our QB get injured? We also started that season slow. I think ISU Red beat us 42-3 the following week.

Yeah I believe Sanders got hurt in that MSU game. Nick Nelson then came in for him, and we only lost by 3. We then beat Indiana State, and then with Dexter Hill at QB got hammered by Illinois State 38-3.

However, I will take a loss at MSU if it means we make it to Chattanooga again! xnodx

MplsBison
September 17th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Louisville not so much. Check out Georgia Tech's stadium.

I was thinking of new stadiums.

But if you with BCS stadiums right near downtown then you're probably talking Pitt, GT, Washington...others?

MplsBison
September 17th, 2009, 08:57 AM

Go Jacks!

Look what Louisville's new facilities initially did for them. They were a top 25 team. Not so much since Petrino left.

KUlawJack
September 17th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Look what Louisville's new facilities initially did for them. They were a top 25 team. Not so much since Petrino left.

So was that Petrino or facilities?

MplsBison
September 17th, 2009, 12:11 PM

The new facilities allowed them to land significantly better recruits, I think. Pretrino knew what to do with those recruits whereas Krag does not.

RabidRabbit
September 17th, 2009, 12:25 PM

Nice to see you posting at AGS KULaw! Welcome!

KUlawJack
September 17th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Nice to see you posting at AGS KULaw! Welcome!

Thanks RR!

THE HERD
September 17th, 2009, 02:00 PM

The OVC is an average conf. at best.

UNI Pike
September 18th, 2009, 11:18 AM
The OVC is an average conf. at best.

If the PFL wants an auto bid next year, they should have to have a play in game with the OVC champ. No reason to take up another valuable slot in the playoffs.

Gil Dobie
September 20th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Congrats to this weekends winning Valley teams: UNI, SIU, SDSU, YSU, Ill St, MSU and NDSU

JayJ79
September 20th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Congrats to this weekends winning Valley teams: UNI, SIU, SDSU, YSU, Ill St, MSU and NDSU

C'mon WIU. You dropped the ball! xnonox

Saluki09
September 20th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Well...it depends on SIU and the infamous Dale Lennon 3rd quarter choke. Last year we were THE BEST team in the conference...in the first half of a game. Christ, even Indiana State outscored us in the 3rd quarter. The only teams we outscored in the 3rd were Youngstown (2-0... obviously we had a safety) and North Dakota (7-0...but they were a transitional team). Including playoffs we were outscored 93-15 in the third quarter.

Unfortunately I see this trend continuing. True, we have already scored 14 points in the 3rd quarter this year... but 7 were against a DII team and Marshall outscored us 21-7 against us in that quarter alone. With away games at the Dome (which we never win at) and SDSU, it's looking like tough times ahead. 8-3 does not get a 3rd MVFC team into the playoffs.

RabidRabbit
September 21st, 2009, 12:09 AM
Well...it depends on SIU and the infamous Dale Lennon 3rd quarter choke. Last year we were THE BEST team in the conference...in the first half of a game. Christ, even Indiana State outscored us in the 3rd quarter. The only teams we outscored in the 3rd were Youngstown (2-0... obviously we had a safety) and North Dakota (7-0...but they were a transitional team). Including playoffs we were outscored 93-15 in the third quarter.

Unfortunately I see this trend continuing. True, we have already scored 14 points in the 3rd quarter this year... but 7 were against a DII team and Marshall outscored us 21-7 against us in that quarter alone. With away games at the Dome (which we never win at) and SDSU, it's looking like tough times ahead. 8-3 does not get a 3rd MVFC team into the playoffs.

Much tougher to make it in with a NAIA win, so only 7 D-I wins. Especially difficult when there are 5 FCS >FBS winners that will be competing for the At-large slots.

IMHO, If SDSU/UNI/SIU each suffer 1 MVFC lose, to "tie" for the title, all three will be selected.

ValleyChamp
September 21st, 2009, 12:13 AM

Is Lennon singing Lullabys to the team at halftime or what?

ValleyChamp
September 21st, 2009, 12:15 AM
Much tougher to make it in with a NAIA win, so only 7 D-I wins. Especially difficult when there are 5 FCS >FBS winners that will be competing for the At-large slots.

IMHO, If SDSU/UNI/SIU each suffer 1 MVFC lose, to "tie" for the title, all three will be selected.

That happened in '05. UNI/YSU/SIU I believe. Maybe Western Kentucky instead of YSU. I'm too lazy to look it up.

JayJ79
September 21st, 2009, 01:14 AM
That happened in '05. UNI/YSU/SIU I believe. Maybe Western Kentucky instead of YSU. I'm too lazy to look it up.

In '05, SIU, YSU, and UNI were Gateway co-champs with 5-2 conference records.
However the Penguins were left out of the playoffs, as they were not awarded an at-large.

Pirateye
September 21st, 2009, 12:04 PM
The away games will be where the Panthers shine brightest. They are having a hell of a time sliding around on the new Dome turf negating the advantage of the brilliant new kid Carlos Anderson. Even the kicker slipped and pranged up his ankle. New shoes may help but put them on a sticky surface and hang on! Maybe they could spray Coke syrup an their shoes!

TCisMYhero
September 21st, 2009, 04:17 PM
We've had enough weed arrests this year. No need for anybody on the team to start skiing.

BisonBacker
September 21st, 2009, 04:21 PM

You obviously haven't seen Pat Paschall in a game yet.

PantherRob82
September 21st, 2009, 10:26 PM
You obviously haven't seen Pat Paschall in a game yet.

Isn't he a FB? xwhistlexxthumbsupx

unigriff
September 21st, 2009, 10:40 PM
and he still isn't that great. shoot. SDSUs running game is better than NDSUs. Patzy-whinerheimer is way overrated and to big-headed for his own good. Then again so are most NDSU players and fans alike.

igo4uni
September 21st, 2009, 10:46 PM
and he still isn't that great. shoot. SDSUs running game is better than NDSUs. Patzy-whinerheimer is way overrated and to big-headed for his own good. Then again so are most NDSU players and fans alike.

Patzy-whinerheimer?? I thought he graduated!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Gil Dobie
September 22nd, 2009, 07:35 AM

Example of NDSU fans losing the title xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

Heck, from what UNI fans have been saying, UNI should be FBS top 5, because they only lost to Iowa by 1 point: LMAO

MplsBison
September 22nd, 2009, 09:50 AM
UNI will have a tough time winning at the Fargodome. It doesn't need repeating, but some UNI fans need to be humbled.

Thunderstruck84
September 22nd, 2009, 10:01 AM
Do you have any idea what you're talking about? Pat Paschall is about the furthest thing from big-headed that a player of his caliber can get.

I don't care who it's against but this run against Wagner (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz2QBnYVGMU) is as good as your going to see at any level.

It's obvious you feel some twisted form of self satisfaction by slandering an entire team and fan base based on the comments of a few. It only takes one of you to make me feel the same way about UNI.

unigriff
September 22nd, 2009, 10:08 AM
Do you have any idea what you're talking about? Pat Paschall is about the furthest thing from big-headed that a player of his caliber can get.

I don't care who it's against but this run against Wagner (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz2QBnYVGMU) is as good as your going to see at any level.

It's obvious you feel some twisted form of self satisfaction by slandering and entire team and fan base based on the comments of a few. It only takes one of you to make me feel the same way about UNI.

And yes, I do know what I'm talking about as I coach football and basketball here in Texas.

Wagner?? HAHAHA. The same wagner team that gave up 276 yards to Stonehill? The same Wagner team that gives up like 250 yards rushing a game? Everyone looks good when you play Wagner. I might give you more cred with Pat if you run for 340 yards against a GOOD team...like Montana, App St. UNI or even your rival SDSU. Plus one run doesn't make a good RB. Try again. Thats like saying one kick return by Johnny Gray against Indiana State made him the next D. Hester.

Thunderstruck84
September 22nd, 2009, 10:18 AM
Wagner?? HAHAHA. The same wagner team that gave up 276 yards to Stonehill? The same Wagner team that gives up like 250 yards rushing a game? Everyone looks good when you play Wagner. I might give you more cred with Pat if you run for 340 yards against a GOOD team...like Montana, App St. UNI or even your rival SDSU. Try again.
It doesn't matter if the tackler was from Wagner or Florida when the runner hurdles him while running full speed, does a 360 in the air landing on one foot without losing balance.

No one is going to run for 300+ yards against any of those teams. I guarantee that UNI and SDSU will have their entire gameplan geared towards Paschall and he'll still have the ability to gash them. If he can get 20+ carries against either of them he'll put up a 100 yards but in order to get him that many carries, the rest of the team is going to have to play much better in those games.

NDSU deserves plenty of criticism but Paschall is the last guy who should be getting called out.

And yes, I do know what I'm talking about as I coach football and basketball here in Texas.

Wagner?? HAHAHA. The same wagner team that gave up 276 yards to Stonehill? The same Wagner team that gives up like 250 yards rushing a game? Everyone looks good when you play Wagner. I might give you more cred with Pat if you run for 340 yards against a GOOD team...like Montana, App St. UNI or even your rival SDSU. Plus one run doesn't make a good RB. Try again. Thats like saying one kick return by Johnny Gray against Indiana State made him the next D. Hester.
3 games, 51 carries, 489 yards, 9.6ypc

That's not just one run, a football coach should be able to figure that out.

onbison09
September 22nd, 2009, 10:44 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7w64fbqYQY

MplsBison
September 22nd, 2009, 11:03 AM
Fellas, don't feed the troll. He's just trying to get a rise out of you.

UNI, and hopefully their fanbase, will be humbled when they visit Fargo.

andy7171
September 22nd, 2009, 11:12 AM
Man you guys are excitable! :p

It doesn't matter if the tackler was from Wagner or Florida when the runner hurdles him while running full speed, does a 360 in the air landing on one foot without losing balance.

While true and the jump was very impressive, you shouldn't leave your feet. And Florida's d-line won't get simutaneously pancaked wither.

3 games, 51 carries, 489 yards, 9.6ypc

That's not just one run, a football coach should be able to figure that out.
Three big plays, those numbers get halved. Still good, just not as eye popping.

xpeacex

FargoBison
September 22nd, 2009, 11:17 AM
Paschall averages 6.7 yards per carry for his career(he is a senior), he is a damn good back, only a UNI fan apparently would think otherwise.

nmatsen
September 22nd, 2009, 11:18 AM
[QUOTE=Thunderstruck84;1414155]If he can get 20+ carries against either of them he'll put up a 100 yards but in order to get him that many carries, the rest of the team is going to have to play much better in those games.
QUOTE]

nmatsen
September 22nd, 2009, 11:20 AM
[QUOTE=Thunderstruck84;1414155]If he can get 20+ carries against either of them he'll put up a 100 yards but in order to get him that many carries, the rest of the team is going to have to play much better in those games.
QUOTE]

I remember when WIU used to talk about how if their rb (he never did anything against us so I don't even remember his name, donaldson maybe?) got 20 carries against us he would get a 100, the last two years I don't know if he got combined 100 yards against us at home. 20 carries, no more, no less, this cat from NDSU doesn't get 100 yards or more against the Panthers. xcoffeexxcoffeex

nmatsen
September 22nd, 2009, 11:20 AM
I remember when WIU used to talk about how if their rb (he never did anything against us so I don't even remember his name, donaldson maybe?) got 20 carries against us he would get a 100, the last two years I don't know if he got combined 100 yards against us at home. 20 carries, no more, no less, this cat from NDSU doesn't get 100 yards or more against the Panthers. xcoffeexxcoffeex

nmatsen
September 22nd, 2009, 11:22 AM
Paschall averages 6.7 yards per carry for his career(he is a senior), he is a damn good back, only a UNI fan apparently would think otherwise.

No one is saying he isn't good. We are just trying to put into check the NDSU fans that are calling him the next Adrian Peterson.

Big Al
September 22nd, 2009, 11:24 AM
1. The fact that you all are getting worked up by griff is very entertaining. For you NDSU fans, if he was called lakesgriff instead of unigriff, I think you'd get the comparison.

2. Paschall is intriguing player -- his body of work to date is against an inferior FBS team and less-than stellar FCS teams(which is being very charitable to Wagner). MVFC is traditionally a run-heavy conference with defenses that are usually designed to stop the run. UNI, imHo, is one of the best in the conference on this teeny, tiny, little detail.

3. NDSU's QB is not fearsome. In the least. If UNI stops the run, they stop NDSU. Cold. Dead in their tracks.

Be careful what you wish for -- if UNI needs humbling, I can't think of a word to describe what NDSU needs. A few psychotropic meds might be a good start.

xthumbsupx

Big Al
September 22nd, 2009, 11:27 AM
Yeah, that was Herb Donaldson, iirc. He ran all over the MVFC except for UNI. Like NDSU is with Paschall, WIU was entirely too one-dimensional with Donaldson. Makes the coaches lives easier if you don't have to respect the passing game.

FargoBison
September 22nd, 2009, 11:32 AM
No one is saying he isn't good. We are just trying to put into check the NDSU fans that are calling him the next Adrian Peterson.

About all we have said is that he is a top back in the Valley. I don't think that is much of a stretch.

I've watched Paschall play for three years at NDSU, he was stuck behind two of the best backs in school history, but still managed to have big games against teams like Minnesota and SIU. He has also already gashed a few Valley teams in Missouri State and Illinois State.

FargoBison
September 22nd, 2009, 11:34 AM
Yeah, that was Herb Donaldson, iirc. He ran all over the MVFC except for UNI. Like NDSU is with Paschall, WIU was entirely too one-dimensional with Donaldson. Makes the coaches lives easier if you don't have to respect the passing game.

NDSU does have a different offense than last year, it should help our QB, he has been much more effective this year.

UNIFanSince1983
September 22nd, 2009, 11:40 AM
In the UNI-Dome last season Paschall average 3.6 yards per carry. NDSU had 31 total rushing attempts and could only muster 99 yards. Paschall had 16 carries for 57 yards. If he averaged 3.6 for 4 more carries that would have equaled 14.4 more yards so I'll round that up to 15 and he gets 72 yards against us on 20 carries.

Now I know he is probably better, and I was impressed with him when I saw him. I have a hard time believing he gets 100 yards on us. Only 2 running backs last year got over 100 yards, one of which was All-American Herb Donaldson. This year so far no team has gotten more than 90 yards rushing on us.

I do think some UNI fans need some humbling, but man NDSU fans saying it is like the pot calling the kettle black man. I think maybe that is why we clash so much on these boards is our posters are so similar that we just rub each other the wrong way.

Thunderstruck84
September 22nd, 2009, 11:57 AM
He's not the next Adrian Peterson, I think he is a very good RB. In relation to the pros, I think he could catch on with a team next year, maybe even be a low round pick.

UNI has an incredible defense, they're one of the few teams who could hold Paschall down for a whole game. I just think with the way the O-line and he have been playing this year that he's going to bust out eventually if he gets enough opportunities, even against a quality defense like UNI. I could be wrong but to be honest, in order for NDSU to have a chance to beat UNI he'll probably need to touch the ball 30 times anyway.

Gil Dobie
September 22nd, 2009, 12:06 PM
Be careful what you wish for -- if UNI needs humbling, I can't think of a word to describe what NDSU needs. A few psychotropic meds might be a good start.

xthumbsupx

Speaking of pot calling kettle xwhistlex

BisonBacker
September 22nd, 2009, 12:19 PM
This is what rivalries are all about. It looks like we have't skipped a beat with UNI from the old days. Of course we kicked there butts back then and I'm sure it won't be long and we will be doing it again xlolx

UNI Pike
September 22nd, 2009, 12:43 PM
Of course we kicked there butts back then and I'm sure it won't be long and we will be doing it again xlolx

Eventually, were all dead - which will happen first?

Paschall is a good RB - he (and is blocking FB) had decent game against Iowa State. In fact, I would say from the limited amount of the game I was able to watch, that was the highlight of the evening for NDSU. Other than being able to bask in the glory of Jamie Pollard in person, of course. xoopsx

I will be interested to see how he fares against SIU. SIU's defense is a bit better than anyone you have faced to date, IMHO.

PantherRob82
September 22nd, 2009, 12:51 PM
Example of NDSU fans losing the title xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

Heck, from what UNI fans have been saying, UNI should be FBS top 5, because they only lost to Iowa by 1 point: LMAO

I don't think anyone has taken it that far. We think we are one of the elite teams in FCS and one of the best this year. Are we wrong?

2009: 2-1 with a close loss to Iowa. Should be 3-0.
2008: Semis. Last minute loss to national champion.
2007: Quarters, lost to national runner-up.
2005: National runner up.

PantherRob82
September 22nd, 2009, 12:52 PM
UNI will have a tough time winning at the Fargodome. It doesn't need repeating, but some UNI fans need to be humbled.

The Fargodome is WAY more intimidating than Kinnick. xlolxxnonox

PantherRob82
September 22nd, 2009, 01:03 PM
Speaking of pot calling kettle xwhistlex

The difference is that our team is performing.

Anyone who says or thinks that we cannot be beaten is an idiot. Anyone who thinks NDSU won't be a tough test is also in that group.

Gil Dobie
September 22nd, 2009, 01:06 PM
I don't think anyone has taken it that far. We think we are one of the elite teams in FCS and one of the best this year. Are we wrong?

That's a key for this year, UNI should have beaten Iowa and didn't. There are some Lakesque type posts from the Hawkeye state on AGS.

Gil Dobie
September 22nd, 2009, 01:09 PM
The difference is that our team is performing.

The team performance doesn't take away from the fact that the fans are saying one thing about NDSU while acting the same way as the fans they are bashing. xoopsx

Gil Dobie
September 22nd, 2009, 01:10 PM

..........and Rob, you are probably the humblest UNI fan on AGS xthumbsupx

PantherRob82
September 22nd, 2009, 01:12 PM
There are some Lakesque type posts from the Hawkeye state on AGS.

I'd agree. Check post counts. If idiots are posting stuff, ignore them.

PantherRob82
September 22nd, 2009, 01:13 PM
The team performance doesn't take away from the fact that the fans are saying one thing about NDSU while acting the same way as the fans they are bashing. xoopsx

I think the comments we are discussing are about "arrogance", am I correct?

If so, performance is an issue.

PantherRob82
September 22nd, 2009, 01:14 PM
..........and Rob, you are probably the humblest UNI fan on AGS xthumbsupx

I doubt that. Haha, but it's an educated arrogance. :p

Big Al
September 22nd, 2009, 01:16 PM

First, a little good-natured smack is always good for the soul. Second, UNI can point to results in the MVFC which, to date, NDSU cannot.

The funny thing is, SIU is probably UNI's most natural rival -- we're fairly close geographically, our games have always been competitive and typically one or the other is trading the MVFC/Gateway crown as of late. Yet, I don't feel anywhere close to the same level of interest in SIU as I do NDSU.

ValleyChamp
September 22nd, 2009, 01:22 PM
Hey NDSU fans, stop acting like whiny bitches.xcoolx

Gil Dobie
September 22nd, 2009, 01:25 PM
Hey NDSU fans, stop acting like whiny bitches.xcoolx

We are learning from the best, or is it worst xoopsx

Khan4Cats
September 22nd, 2009, 01:36 PM
This is what rivalries are all about. It looks like we have't skipped a beat with UNI from the old days. Of course we kicked there butts back then and I'm sure it won't be long and we will be doing it again xlolx

AND... I give you exhibit A in the overinflated sense of importance of NDSU fans. Kicked our butts? Really? What is the all-time series record? Not sure you can really claim to have kicked our butts if we have won more of the meetings between our schools (which we have). And don't give me any nonsense about divisions, we have only played once since UNI went D-I and that was last year.

Should be a good game. But until the Bison show me they can keep an opponent, any opponent, from scoring (28 points by Wagner??), I believe UNI will pick up the W on 10/10.

BisonBacker
September 22nd, 2009, 03:28 PM
AND... I give you exhibit A in the overinflated sense of importance of NDSU fans. Kicked our butts? Really? What is the all-time series record? Not sure you can really claim to have kicked our butts if we have won more of the meetings between our schools (which we have). And don't give me any nonsense about divisions, we have only played once since UNI went D-I and that was last year.

Should be a good game. But until the Bison show me they can keep an opponent, any opponent, from scoring (28 points by Wagner??), I believe UNI will pick up the W on 10/10.

AAhh how many National Champioships have you won at any level??? Cue the crickets chirping........xthumbsupx

ValleyChamp
September 22nd, 2009, 03:31 PM
You guys need to stop with the DII stuff. Really. Its embarassing.xblahblahx

Gil Dobie
September 22nd, 2009, 03:33 PM
You guys need to stop with the DII stuff. Really. Its embarassing.xblahblahx

Only 5 were DII, 3 were FCS and non-BCS FBS level competition. Same division as UNI for those 3.

Big Al
September 22nd, 2009, 03:34 PM
AAhh how many National Champioships have you won at any level??? Cue the crickets chirping........xthumbsupx

My understanding is a NC trophy and 3 bucks will get you a small latte at Starbucks.

:p

Seriously, though -- what good is a past NC if it doesn't help you get recruits who then win games? From what I can tell, NDSU isn't any better off for their D-2 trophies, are they? I will grant it helps cement the loyalty of your fans and the FargoDome is the largest, nicest Tuff Shed I've ever seen but you've gotta convert those intangibles into Ws for it to really count.

BisonBacker
September 22nd, 2009, 03:39 PM
My understanding is a NC trophy and 3 bucks will get you a small latte at Starbucks.

:p

Seriously, though -- what good is a past NC if it doesn't help you get recruits who then win games? From what I can tell, NDSU isn't any better off for their D-2 trophies, are they? I will grant it helps cement the loyalty of your fans and the FargoDome is the largest, nicest Tuff Shed I've ever seen but you've gotta convert those intangibles into Ws for it to really count.

We don't expect you to understand never having a team that won a National championship xlolxxlolx I Kid I Kid. You guys have a hell of a team this year and will likely take our boys to the woodshed but hey this is fun to give it back and forth.

CDT_Wilson
September 22nd, 2009, 04:39 PM
We don't expect you to understand never having a team that won a National championship xlolxxlolx I Kid I Kid. You guys have a hell of a team this year and will likely take our boys to the woodshed but hey this is fun to give it back and forth.

Winning a DII National title is like being the tallest midget. Start chirping when you go to the playoffs consistently when you are playing with the big boys.

BisonBacker
September 22nd, 2009, 04:49 PM
Winning a DII National title is like being the tallest midget. Start chirping when you go to the playoffs consistently when you are playing with the big boys.

Lighten up Francis, Going to the playoffs....lets talk when you win a championship.
What more do you want I said you guys have a good team. Do you want us all to bow down to you and just crown you MVFC champs from the getgo? Sorry I think a few other teams may have something to say about that. Yes NDSU is not as good right now but every conference goes through it. Look at GSU, App right now is 0-2. Good teams will be back and I expect NDSU will be to. So enjoy your time in the limelight right now but you don't have a corner on the Market for great teams. There are other good teams in the MVFC, I will say right now you are my odds on favorite with SDSU a close second and SIU nipping at their heels.

Thunderstruck84
September 22nd, 2009, 04:50 PM
And to anyone in the FBS, winning an FCS national title is like being the smartest kid with down syndrome. You're not playing with the big boys either in the FCS playoffs.

A national title is a national title and a reason to be proud at any level. Sure it means more the higher you get but it's nothing to scoff at in any level of NCAA sanctioned competition.

MSUBear42
September 22nd, 2009, 04:51 PM
Proving why the old MVC schools fan bases all hate NDSU fans and they've only been in the conference for a year! LOL

CDT_Wilson
September 22nd, 2009, 05:00 PM
And to anyone in the FBS, winning an FCS national title is like being the smartest kid with down syndrome. You're not playing with the big boys either in the FCS playoffs.

A national title is a national title and a reason to be proud at any level. Sure it means more the higher you get but it's nothing to scoff at in any level of NCAA sanctioned competition.

I just really like the tallest midget line. Winning an FBS title is always tainted cause it is based on votes. Like last year USC should have been playing for the national championship and then would have beat Florida to win it all.

ValleyChamp
September 22nd, 2009, 05:04 PM
Do you want us all to bow down to you and just crown you MVFC champs from the getgo?

I don't think thats too much to ask.xlolxxcoffeex

PantherRob82
September 22nd, 2009, 05:09 PM
I think the issue is that to the other teams in the Valley, DII titles don't mean anything. We'll have more repsect one you're winning conference championships or making playoff runs.

Gil Dobie
September 22nd, 2009, 05:42 PM

Beating Montana for a National Title is like..........................xwhistlex

Guess you wouldn't know.

Gil Dobie
September 22nd, 2009, 05:43 PM
Proving why the old MVC schools fan bases all hate NDSU fans and they've only been in the conference for a year! LOL

Making a broad based statement like that from a messageboard perspective is pretty strong. xoopsx

unigriff
September 22nd, 2009, 05:43 PM
Lighten up Francis, Going to the playoffs....lets talk when you win a championship.
What more do you want I said you guys have a good team. Do you want us all to bow down to you and just crown you MVFC champs from the getgo? Sorry I think a few other teams may have something to say about that. Yes NDSU is not as good right now but every conference goes through it. Look at GSU, App right now is 0-2. Good teams will be back and I expect NDSU will be to. So enjoy your time in the limelight right now but you don't have a corner on the Market for great teams. There are other good teams in the MVFC, I will say right now you are my odds on favorite with SDSU a close second and SIU nipping at their heels.

App State also has a harder schedule, better conference and has yet to play a conference game. NDSU can't even win against the Southland conference against a former DII National Champ in SHSU. NDSU won't win the conference title at least in the MVFC for awhile unless SIU, UNI, and WIU leave the conference. Or you steal all of USC's recruits.
And still then you'd have to play SDSU yearly for the automatic bid.

I do love the Souix though. They have a great hockey team I cheer for yearly to make the frozen four.

I don't hate NDSU or its fans. Just tradition weighs more than "talk", which NDSU doesn't have in the MVFC or in FCS football.

Big Al
September 22nd, 2009, 06:05 PM
Beating Montana for a National Title is like..........................xwhistlex

Guess you wouldn't know.

It was all fun and games until you mentioned Montana. xbawlingxxbawlingx

BisonBacker
September 22nd, 2009, 06:41 PM
I think the issue is that to the other teams in the Valley, DII titles don't mean anything. We'll have more repsect one you're winning conference championships or making playoff runs.

And we will have more respect for you when you learn how to spell xlolx You guys have a good team and I will be rooting you or whoever is the valley playoff participants.

BisonBacker
September 22nd, 2009, 06:47 PM
App State also has a harder schedule, better conference and has yet to play a conference game. NDSU can't even win against the Southland conference against a former DII National Champ in SHSU. NDSU won't win the conference title at least in the MVFC for awhile unless SIU, UNI, and WIU leave the conference. Or you steal all of USC's recruits.

I do love the Souix though. They have a great hockey team I cheer for yearly to make the frozen four.

I don't hate NDSU or its fans. Just tradition weighs more than "talk", which NDSU doesn't have in the MVFC or in FCS football.

You are hilarious. You get all bent about NDSU fans being big on NDSU yet you don't see the hypocrisy in your own statement. You also blast the conference the school you support is in by saying the competition isn't as good as what App faces. Regarding the southland and NDSU's record you may want to check it out junior and find out what you are talking about. The rest of your post speaks volumes about why you feel the way you do. Hey more power to you if you like Hockey I don't care for it myself but to each their own. As far as when NDSU will or won't compete and placing UNI on a perch feel free I will enjoy it all the more when both NDSU and SDSU knock you off it. No it won't likely be this year but I think you maybe a bit ahead of yourself claiming the title as UNI's until you leave the conference. Oh and do you want to clue us all in on where UNI maybe going to? I suppose the Big Ten xlolx

UNI Pike
September 22nd, 2009, 07:05 PM
Warning, UNIGRIFF does a lot of the following on the message board

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_juV31YwBJoU/SW7djld-jjI/AAAAAAAAC7U/Uak9OVp_I4U/s320/monkeys_fling_poo.jpg

UNIFanSince1983
September 22nd, 2009, 09:03 PM
Are we gonna stop this bickering between UNI and NDSU and actually discuss the games coming up this week?

Redbird Ray
September 22nd, 2009, 09:21 PM
GO REDBIRDS!!!!! :)

MSUBear42
September 22nd, 2009, 09:36 PM
Are we gonna stop this bickering between UNI and NDSU and actually discuss the games coming up this week?

UNI has the better dome.

MplsBison
September 22nd, 2009, 10:33 PM

Just wait till UND joins the conference! :D:D:D

PantherRob82
September 22nd, 2009, 11:54 PM

Please for the love of God, ignore this. xrulesxxrulesxxoopsx

PantherRob82
September 22nd, 2009, 11:55 PM
And we will have more respect for you when you learn how to spell xlolx You guys have a good team and I will be rooting you or whoever is the valley playoff participants.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Apparently I win. When you resort to a spelling bee on a message board you know you have lost. Sorry for not double checking my typing errors? xcoffeex

TheBisonator
September 23rd, 2009, 12:23 PM
UNI has the better dome.

AH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.

Silenoz
September 23rd, 2009, 01:31 PM
arguably the best RB, WR, TE trio in the Valley (if not FCS)

I don't know about that

....that's all I have to add, very constructive I know xlolx

MSUBear42
September 23rd, 2009, 02:02 PM
AH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no.

I say that because the FargoDome isn't a dome, it's a roofed stadium.

BisonBacker
September 23rd, 2009, 02:25 PM
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Apparently I win. When you resort to a spelling bee on a message board you know you have lost. Sorry for not double checking my typing errors? xcoffeex

Just having fun with ya xrolleyesx

Big Al
September 23rd, 2009, 02:40 PM
I say that because the FargoDome isn't a dome, it's an over-sized Tuff Shed.

Fixed for accuracy. xthumbsupx

THE HERD
September 23rd, 2009, 02:53 PM
Fixed for accuracy. xthumbsupx
If you have been in both, which I have there is no comparison as to which one is the nicer facility. Its the Fargo Dome, now I won't go so far to say that either are the cats ass for football, but the FD is clearly the nicer facility, hell isn't the FD like twenty plus years newer than the UNI dome? I am not saying this to be a homer either....you could take 100 people who have no connection to UNI or NDSU and all 100 would say the FD. The UNI dome does however have a nicer playing surface, as of this year, NDSU will be following suit in the near future, they have already put that type of turf in on the practice field. You also have the better team this year, but hopefully we can start closing the gap......just need a little D this year. Laterxthumbsupx

Big Al
September 23rd, 2009, 03:25 PM
I stand corrected -- it's the Taj MaTuffShed.

:D:D:D

Thumper 76
September 23rd, 2009, 04:13 PM
well my dad can beat up your dad (sorry thats what I think of every time you guys argue, it always end up-well my domes better than your dome!) :D:D:D

UNIFanSince1983
September 23rd, 2009, 04:28 PM
Well one thing we can agree on is they are both better than CAS xwhistlex

Is this really what this thread has come to? Arguing about the better dome even though only one is truly a dome. I mean really lets just migrate to the prediction thread and actually talk about the games going on this weekend!

Thumper 76
September 23rd, 2009, 05:04 PM
Amen and I never said CAS is better, but I personally like it better :D

UNIFanSince1983
September 23rd, 2009, 06:31 PM
I was just messing with ya on that one

JayJ79
September 23rd, 2009, 06:41 PM
well my dad can beat up your dad (sorry thats what I think of every time you guys argue, it always end up-well my domes better than your dome!) :D:D:D

Both domes are pretty neat. But it would appear that NDSU's is shiner:
http://images.sportsnetwork.com/cfoot/1aa/farley_mark200.jpg

http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/media/full/jpg/2009/08/06/bohl1.jpg

Oh wait, not those domes.

Haha. Farley is holding a bust. Bohl is pretending to....
(sorry, bad jokes)

JacksFan06
September 23rd, 2009, 08:21 PM
Does UNI own their field or does the city own it?

ValleyChamp
September 23rd, 2009, 08:28 PM
Does UNI own their field or does the city own it?

All ours. Built by us, owned by us, and on campus.

MSUBear42
September 23rd, 2009, 08:34 PM
All ours. Built by us, owned by us, and on campus.
Hints "UNI"-Dome. Not CF-Dome

MplsBison
September 23rd, 2009, 10:58 PM
Amen and I never said CAS is better, but I personally like it better :D

It is outside, which can be nice though.

I think NDSU should eventually build a new 20-25k outdoor stadium at the current site of the R parking lot. That's just me though.

Thunderstruck84
September 23rd, 2009, 10:58 PM
I say that because the FargoDome isn't a dome, it's a roofed stadium.

Main Entry: dome
Pronunciation: \ˈdōm\
Function: noun
Etymology: French, Italian, & Latin; French dôme dome, cathedral, from Italian duomo cathedral, from Medieval Latin domus church, from Latin, house; akin to Greek domos house, Sanskrit dam
Date: 1513
1 archaic : a stately building : mansion
2 : a large hemispherical roof or ceiling
3 : a natural formation or structure that resembles the dome or cupola of a building
4 : a form of crystal composed of planes parallel to a lateral axis that meet above in a horizontal edge like a roof
5 : an upward fold in rock whose sides dip uniformly in all directions
6 : a roofed sports stadium
7 : a person's head

xrulesx