View Full Version : Furman comes to Mizzou

mizzoufan1
September 14th, 2009, 10:05 PM
I am hoping that my Tigers learned their lesson last week against Bowling Green and decides not to take ANYBODY lightly...

This could be a BAD weekend for the Paladins to come here...

MSUBear42
September 14th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Or Mizzou is just not that good!

;)

Just kidding. Here's to a good game.

AlphaSigMD
September 14th, 2009, 10:19 PM
I am hoping that my Tigers learned their lesson last week against Bowling Green and decides not to take ANYBODY lightly...

This could be a BAD weekend for the Paladins to come here...

I'll be there, dressed in Black and Gold - for App State of course. Should be a great game.

PaladinFan
September 15th, 2009, 05:49 AM
Missouri has a top 25 program, millions more money, and more scholarships. They are certainly the favorite. My hope is Furman can come up there and give them a good show.

GaSouthern
September 15th, 2009, 07:44 AM
I'd never be caught dead wearing purple, but I'm pulling for Furman this weekend!

OL FU
September 15th, 2009, 07:53 AM
I'd never be caught dead wearing purple, but I'm pulling for Furman this weekend!

It's the color of royalty:p

My father was born in Missouri so I guess I have a connectionxeyebrowx

mizzoufan1
September 15th, 2009, 01:08 PM
I hate when we play a team with purple in their color scheme...Means I have to put all my Purple and Gold Kewpie gear away for most of the weekend....:D

And if you don't know what a Kewpie is...You need to get out more...xwhistlex

ASUG8
September 15th, 2009, 01:16 PM
I'll be pulling for the Furple upset this weekend. xthumbsupx

89Hen
September 15th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Weird. I do wear purple but will be pulling for Missouri to kick the crap out of FU. xwhistlex

ASUG8
September 15th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Weird. I do wear purple but will be pulling for Missouri to kick the crap out of FU. xwhistlex

Is this a statement to the Home and None agreement? :)

89Hen
September 15th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Is this a statement to the Home and None agreement? :)
This is the opponent for whom FU exercised the option. After this week I can go back to rooting for FU vs I-A's.

OL FU
September 15th, 2009, 01:25 PM

http://z.hubpages.com/u/783297_f520.jpg

:p:p:p:p

The Moody1
September 15th, 2009, 01:31 PM
http://z.hubpages.com/u/783297_f520.jpg

:p:p:p:p

Why did you post a picture of Bobby Lamb? xsmiley_wix

SideLine Shooter
September 15th, 2009, 03:59 PM
What the H? I hope they both lose.xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

furman94
September 15th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Ofcourse you would. Most Appy's are too dumb to know that an FCS win vs Mizzou would be good for the conference, which would make 0-2 App look better!

apaladin
September 15th, 2009, 10:57 PM
A Mizzou fan posted on the Furman board that Missouri's star linebacker was born in Greenville and his mother attended Furman. It is indeed a small world. I will be in Columbia, Mo Saturday and hoping/expecting a good game.

ASU_Fanatic
September 16th, 2009, 06:32 AM
Mizzou will kill.

OL FU
September 16th, 2009, 07:00 AM
A Mizzou fan posted on the Furman board that Missouri's star linebacker was born in Greenville and his mother attended Furman. It is indeed a small world. I will be in Columbia, Mo Saturday and hoping/expecting a good game.

Insider information, the VP of the Paladin club played defensive back for Missouri.xnodx

Woof
September 16th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Insider information, the VP of the Paladin club played defensive back for Missouri.xnodx

I sincerely hope FU pulls a stunner, but your post raised two questions in my mind:

1) There's really such thing as a Paladin Club ?....sounds more like a Myrtle Beach... uh uh uh.... night clubxwhistlex

2) There's actually someone who bears the title of VP of the Paladin Club?...now there's someone who was neglected at birth and just needs some reassurance!:p

Go Purple Guys !

OL FU
September 16th, 2009, 09:13 AM
I sincerely hope FU pulls a stunner, but your post raised two questions in my mind:

1) There's really such thing as a Paladin Club ?....sounds more like a Myrtle Beach... uh uh uh.... night clubxwhistlex

2) There's actually someone who bears the title of VP of the Paladin Club?...now there's someone who was neglected at birth and just needs some reassurance!:p

Go Purple Guys !

Honestly I don't know what his title isxconfusedx I just know he is one of the officers. xnodx I think he is wearing his Mizzou jersey to the game and a Furman hat. On the other hand, his wife is giving the OL FU to Mizzou and rooting for Furman all the way. xthumbsupx

BTW, how was the last meeting of the Terrier Club.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PGvSoaafXiI/SbF_D_i7uDI/AAAAAAAAFnw/4XQTOi_o-aM/s400/boston-terrier-crufts.jpg

Woof
September 16th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Honestly I don't know what his title isxconfusedx I just know he is one of the officers. xnodx I think he is wearing his Mizzou jersey to the game and a Furman hat. On the other hand, his wife is giving the OL FU to Mizzou and rooting for Furman all the way. xthumbsupx

BTW, how was the last meeting of the Terrier Club.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PGvSoaafXiI/SbF_D_i7uDI/AAAAAAAAFnw/4XQTOi_o-aM/s400/boston-terrier-crufts.jpg

The meeting was great, BUTT as you can tell from the pic you posted the FU cheerleaders tried to crash the gathering so they could check us out from behind. Seems everywhere we go, there's always a Paladin chasing our tails. xlmaoxxlmaox

OL FU
September 16th, 2009, 09:21 AM
The meeting was great, BUTT as you can tell from the pic you posted the FU cheerleaders tried to crash the gathering so they could check us out from behind. Seems everywhere we go, there's always a Paladin chasing our tails. xlmaoxxlmaox

Perhaps our cheerleaders should start on the offensive linexlolx

ashram
September 17th, 2009, 04:11 PM
For anyone more familiar with Big 12, any serious score predictions for this game? I always feel like Furman can hang with anybody, but I really just don't have a good feel for this one.

LacesOut
September 17th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Let's go Furman!!!!!!!

ElSissy
September 19th, 2009, 08:10 AM
I would love to see this game, but unfortunately it is only PPV in the St. Louis area. I'm not spending one dime that might find its way into Furman's coffers.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 09:23 AM
I think Missouri still doesn't know what they have. However, they are a borderline top-25 FBS team and are playing in front of their home fans. Furman needs to play mistake free.

I've been scanning most of the Missouri papers and there is virtually nothing about this game. Most are still talking about their close call against Bowling Green last weekend. Many writers are suggesting this would be the prime time for Mizzou to pitch a shutout (which I don't see happening unless Furman has a complete and utter meltdown).

I just continue to get the impression no one in Columbia is concerned with this game. I think Missouri is talented enough to blow us out if their minds are in it. However, I also think Furman is talented enough to hang around a while if they are looking towards next week.

PaladinNation
September 19th, 2009, 10:21 AM
I think Missouri still doesn't know what they have. However, they are a borderline top-25 FBS team and are playing in front of their home fans. Furman needs to play mistake free.

I've been scanning most of the Missouri papers and there is virtually nothing about this game. Most are still talking about their close call against Bowling Green last weekend. Many writers are suggesting this would be the prime time for Mizzou to pitch a shutout (which I don't see happening unless Furman has a complete and utter meltdown).

I just continue to get the impression no one in Columbia is concerned with this game. I think Missouri is talented enough to blow us out if their minds are in it. However, I also think Furman is talented enough to hang around a while if they are looking towards next week.

Like you said… most of the fans, media and maybe even the team aren't taking Furman or any FCS team serious. I'm hoping Furman comes out and plays with a chip on their shoulder.

ashram
September 19th, 2009, 11:00 AM
I would love to see this game, but unfortunately it is only PPV in the St. Louis area. I'm not spending one dime that might find its way into Furman's coffers.

You could go to a watch party:
http://www.tigerboard.com/content/misc/watchparties.php

ElSissy
September 19th, 2009, 12:49 PM
I could, but I have other games to pay attention to today.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Let's go Paladins.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Mizzou to recieve.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Miz takes over at their 35.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Furman gets em 3 and out.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Furman sets up at their 24 after a punt.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Two carries by Jerry Williams puts Furman in 3rd and 2

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Sorrells to Mimms for a first down.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 01:15 PM
3rd and three

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Furman to punt.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Nice coverage on a long punt. Tigers take over at their 20.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Furman gets em 3 and out again. Missouri to punt.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 19th, 2009, 01:22 PM
C- C- C- Come C-...
COME ON FURPLES!!!! xoopsx

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Jerry Williams for a first down. Furman marching in mizzou territory.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Odd point, Furman is apparently rushing three linemen in passing situations. I can't remember us ever doing that.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Fourth down, Furman on 32.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Sorrells overshoots Truss. Mizzou takes over at their own 32.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Illegal block, Mizzou has ball 2nd down and 30.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Mizzou converts on a long pass.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Mizzou runs some lateral trick play for a touchdown.

just bad defense on the Paladins part.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Furman takes over at their 31.

7-0 Tigers.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Furman killing themselves with penalties.

on to punt.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Another long Missouri pass for a touchdown.

13-0 Missouri.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Missouri runs a long option for a touchdown. 21-0

Furman is moving the ball and then killing themselves with penalties. Our right tackle keeps getting penalized for lining up too far off the line of scrimmage.

I imagine we will see Chris Forcier now trying to get some momentum back.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Furman has 12 minutes of possession out of 18 minutes and are down three scores. Good grief.

CrackerRiley
September 19th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Get it together Paladins!

FUwolfpacker
September 19th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Really not looking good right now. No flow on offense. Giving up big plays on defense even though that's what we set up to prevent. Too many penalties.

seantaylor
September 19th, 2009, 02:27 PM
This is embarrassing.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 02:34 PM
This is embarrassing.

Thanks. let us know when you don't lose by 30 something to South Dakota State.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Furman's got some serious problems with their pass coverage. Got a lot of young players in the defensive backfield and its showing.

Offense has not clicked, but they are keeping possession and moving the ball.

I don't think Furman has ever gotten beaten this badly in a long time.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Furman's got a daggum 2:1 time of possession advantage and no points. That's nuts.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Tyler Maples, stretching for a touchdown, fumbles the ball into the endzone.

Definitely not our day.

furman94
September 19th, 2009, 03:12 PM
A good crowd of Paladins watching the game at Chiefs. I left at halftime.

TD Furman to Maples.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Touchdown Paladins!!!

Jordan Sorrells to Tyler Maples. 42-6. Missed extra point.

Been that kinda day.

furman94
September 19th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Agreed.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Touchdown Furman. Tesoo Uhaa.

52-12 or something.

Sorrells has 252 yards passing. Not a terrible offensive day.

furman94
September 19th, 2009, 04:00 PM
If we didn't make so many mistakes and if the Refs weren't calling us on every single play and the defense stepped up to play, we might have a game. Too late. The offense can play, the defense isn't there yet.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 04:09 PM
If we didn't make so many mistakes and if the Refs weren't calling us on every single play and the defense stepped up to play, we might have a game. Too late. The offense can play, the defense isn't there yet.

If our offense can move it up and down the field on a Big 12 team, I like our chances in the SoCon.

furman94
September 19th, 2009, 04:10 PM
I don't understand why Forcier wasn't put in more!

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2009, 04:47 PM

Honestly, my guess is that Lamb is trying to keep video on him limited.

I know that Furman has a whole package of Forcier plays in the playbook, but why put those on film in games where you don't need to open them up?

ASUG8
September 19th, 2009, 04:52 PM

Call me sometime homey and we'll get together to watch (insert team here). Me and the wife like Chiefs! xthumbsupx

PhoenixSupreme
September 19th, 2009, 05:16 PM

I didn't watch the game but I'd say probably to limit potential injury in a game that (no offense) Furman was expected to lose.

furman94
September 19th, 2009, 05:22 PM
If we were predicted losers, why not pull your starter when nothing can be done to win, in order to avioid injury?

93henfan
September 19th, 2009, 05:29 PM
So was it worth it? xwhistlex

furman94
September 19th, 2009, 05:39 PM
In what regard? The score was demoralizing and aweful but that paycheck should be nice. I guess the expirience would be good to get ready for the Socon and Auburn. I wanted to play UD though :)

seantaylor
September 20th, 2009, 12:32 AM
If our offense can move it up and down the field on a Big 12 team, I like our chances in the SoCon.

114 yards in the first half until Mizzou played everyone and the water boys.

mizzoufan1
September 20th, 2009, 12:53 AM
Furman did not take advantage of Mizzou's slow start (again!). If Furman had been able to score in the first when the Tigers were sputtering...coulda been a different game.

Anywho...Thanks for coming to CoMO (Columbia, MO). Good luck in the SoCon. Now we have a mad WolfPack to worry about on Friday Night.

Purple Knight
September 20th, 2009, 04:15 AM
Honestly, my guess is that Lamb is trying to keep video on him limited.

I know that Furman has a whole package of Forcier plays in the playbook, but why put those on film in games where you don't need to open them up?

That's crazy. I know you (and a lot of us) are trying to figure out why BL hasn't played Forcier or Worley, but that an't the answer. It's just another one of BL's ways, like the cushion pass defense. 'And that's the way it is.'

PaladinFan
September 20th, 2009, 06:05 AM
114 yards in the first half until Mizzou played everyone and the water boys.

Furman's first scoring drive of the second half was against their starters.

PaladinFan
September 20th, 2009, 06:08 AM
That's crazy. I know you (and a lot of us) are trying to figure out why BL hasn't played Forcier or Worley, but that an't the answer. It's just another one of BL's ways, like the cushion pass defense. 'And that's the way it is.'

I mean, he's got to have a reason. I'm sure that reason will come out here soon enough. I can certainly question Lamb's personnell decisions now and then, but I have to believe there is a method to the madness.

Besides, I know we were losing, but if you're trying to get work in late in the game, why not keep Sorrells in? The kid looked pretty good for the most part.