PDA

View Full Version : Bars, Booze and Drunkeness

nmatsen
December 12th, 2005, 11:20 AM
Can anyone give a UNI guy a little insight on some watering holes in the downtown area. I know they are doing a lot of things at the Pavilion but from what I hear bar's don't close til 3:00 am down there and I would like to find one close to the stadium, any luck?

Tubby Raymond
December 12th, 2005, 11:30 AM
There is a bar/restraunt almost right across the street from the Clarion which is the nicest bar in the town and we went to almost all of the in 03. Good stiff drinks, we went post game and it was hopping. :hyped:

PS Voodoo Lounge

PPS T-Bones Lounge is within walking distance from the stadium, after the game walk over and rejoice with your bretheren :beerchug: or cry in you suds :nonono2:

Georgia Griz
December 12th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Can anyone give a UNI guy a little insight on some watering holes in the downtown area. I know they are doing a lot of things at the Pavilion but from what I hear bar's don't close til 3:00 am down there and I would like to find one close to the stadium, any luck?

Sorry, there aren't any decent bars in the direct vicinity of the stadium that I can think of. But, Chattanooga is a small city, and it isn't very far from the stadium to the downtown area. I always recommend that fans try to stay somewhere near downtown and just grab a cab to the stadium. The misconception is that it is better to stay near the stadium and then take a cab downtown afterwards. I disagree. The neighborhood surrounding the stadium isn't the city's best. Chattanooga is a great town. You will probably love it or hate it when you leave. All depending on how your team does, of course. ;)

grizband
December 12th, 2005, 11:35 AM
For some good BBQ, check out Sticky Fingers. I'm not exactly sure of the addres downtown, but you should be able to find on their website. It was where alot of Griz boosters went last year, and the place was rockin. Great service, great food, it was a blast. I would strongly recommend it.

gsugt1
December 12th, 2005, 12:33 PM
There is a brew pub I think called River City Grille. The food and drinks are always great. They sure were in 99 and 2000.

GtFllsGriz
December 12th, 2005, 02:11 PM
T-Bones is close to the stadium. Spent the better part of a day there on Thursday before the game. Great TN folks in there. We traded caps and had a great time. Went to the pep rally and then returned to T-Bones. Lots of college kids in there at night. Don't remember much after that.

GASIUalum
December 12th, 2005, 07:45 PM
gsugt1-Big River Bar and Grill is what your are thinking of.

Off hand, I can think of taco mac, rhythm & brews, and a dance club i forgot the name of are fairly close to each other downtown. there is a liquor store downtown but an interesting law in TN keeps a place from selling both hard liquor AND beer in the same establishment. jack's alley is an alley of bars that's downtown, look for the signs. north of the river there isnt much, just the north chatt cat.

I have AIM and am on a fair bit after work, feel free to ask me questions at AStone14.

CollegeObserver
December 12th, 2005, 10:05 PM
T-Bones it is, right close to the stadium. I'll never forget the place. There was a great UD crowd, and we had a fun time.