PDA

View Full Version : Game of the Week - Week 3

89Hen
September 14th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Wow. Tough to find 10 games. Terrible slate this week.

ToTheLeft
September 14th, 2009, 08:15 AM
LU v. Laffy will be a solid game... a true test of where these teams are at.

bonarae
September 14th, 2009, 08:41 AM
I have nothing to pick for, however. Can't find a game that will be distinctive from the others.

Ivytalk
September 14th, 2009, 08:42 AM
I picked Nova at Penn. Will be interesting to see what the Wildcats do to one of the Ivy pre-season favorites.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
September 14th, 2009, 08:55 AM
From a football point of view, I went with Liberty at Lafayette. To help build a playoff resume and to supplement an excellent showing in Morgantown, Liberty needs to win this road game.

From an extra curricular point of view, got to go with El Cid at Princeton. Will the Tiger "band" be on their best behavior as hosts? Is Citdog crossing the Mason-Dixon Line? I was going to warn the Blue Hens fans, but we all know our Dawg will travel from Antietam to Gettysburg before heading to the Lehigh Valley! He should be in full reincarnation mode!! :p

89Hen
September 14th, 2009, 08:59 AM
From a football point of view, I went with Liberty at Lafayette. To help build a playoff resume and to supplement an excellent showing in Morgantown, Liberty needs to win this road game.

From an extra curricular point of view, got to go with El Cid at Princeton.
I was thinking the same way. But my extra curricular might be DSU at UD for the first ever regular season meeting of these two. That said, the fact that they played in 2007 in the playoffs has taken a LOT of polish off of this one, especially since it was so lopsided. I can't go because of a soccer game, but I'm not even that disappointed. xcoffeex

bluehenbillk
September 14th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Slim pickings this week, I'll go with none of the above.

89Hen
September 14th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Slim pickings this week, I'll go with none of the above.
Shot the wad last week with UNH winning, JMU coming close, McNeese over AppSt, UD/UR going to last minute, etc...

Big Al
September 14th, 2009, 09:10 AM
I had to go with UD/DSU since this is their first regular season pairing in, what, ever? I think it's good for UD to put this game on their regular slate. Especially if they drop the Westchester game.

ElonFirefighter
September 14th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Elon at Wake Forest

Woof
September 14th, 2009, 09:14 AM
I picked Citadel v. Princeton just because of the budding rivalry between their bands !xlolxxlolxxlolx. Should be interesting when the boys in gray invade New Jersey.

OLDMAIN80
September 14th, 2009, 09:27 AM
I picked The Citadel/Princeton also only because Wofford/Wisconsin wasn't a choice.

89Hen
September 14th, 2009, 09:30 AM
I picked The Citadel/Princeton also only because Wofford/Wisconsin wasn't a choice.
Wisconsin is not a I-AA team. xpeacex

89Hen
September 14th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Elon at Wake Forest
Not a I-AA team. xpeacex

ElonFirefighter
September 14th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Still the game of the weakxrolleyesx and there ACC. ACC, FCS same thing really

DOME
September 14th, 2009, 10:41 AM
I'm real curious to see how UNI plays. If they keep up the hunger and keep going for the throat every opportunity I'll be pretty excited. I've seen them in years past getting comfortable with a lead and letting the other team back in. I'd like to see them continue to play with a chip on their shoulder!

Hoyadestroya85
September 14th, 2009, 11:08 AM
I picked Nova at Penn. Will be interesting to see what the Wildcats do to one of the Ivy pre-season favorites.

Maybe since they actually have expectations this year we'll finally be able to kick their ass. I'm sure Andy Talley would like to finally make Bagnoli cry.

McNeese75
September 14th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Wow, pretty lousy week for top games. I choose SFA and WIU just because any school that can score 92 points has to be good Right??? :D

crusader11
September 14th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Harvard vs. Holy Cross features the 2 best non-schollie programs in New England this year. Should be a real good one.

89Hen
September 14th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Harvard vs. Holy Cross features the 2 best non-schollie programs in New England this year. Should be a real good one.
xeyebrowx Not sure how I missed that one. Should have been a choice. xoopsx

unialum95
September 14th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Wow, pretty lousy week for top games. I choose SFA and WIU just because any school that can score 92 points has to be good Right??? :D

I'm interested to see how they play against WIU. Western is a big unknown and I wonder how SFA will come out after that last game. Not a lot of quality match ups in week 3 though.

TexasTerror
September 14th, 2009, 11:39 AM
DSU-UD is big for the obvious reasons.

I think SFA-WIU is going to be a dud. Moses put up those numbers last week, but will probably return to relative normalcy this week...

Went with Portland St @ Montana. Whoever wins this one will be in the driver's seat for now in the Big Sky, possibly. Not sure I can put much weight into Weber/Idaho State - and with a win in Missoula, Portland St would be declaring their shot. Not sure they can win, but this is one I am following.

89Hen
September 14th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Went with Portland St @ Montana. Whoever wins this one will be in the driver's seat for now in the Big Sky, possibly. Not sure I can put much weight into Weber/Idaho State - and with a win in Missoula, Portland St would be declaring their shot. Not sure they can win, but this is one I am following.
Do you think it won't be Montana vs Weber with the winner ending 8-0 and the loser 7-1?

UNCBears2010
September 14th, 2009, 11:43 AM
I picked 'Nova vs Penn, but the only game I'm really interested in this week is UNC/EWU

Ivytalk
September 14th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Maybe since they actually have expectations this year we'll finally be able to kick their ass. I'm sure Andy Talley would like to finally make Bagnoli cry.

Yup, Penn has taken Nova down to the wire the last couple of times, only to come up short. Bagnoli crying? SWEET!:p

henfan
September 14th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Not a I-AA team. xpeacex

Neither is the Citadel because what's a 'I-AA team'?xsmiley_wix

RabidRabbit
September 14th, 2009, 01:57 PM

Actually, this is a potential call out game for SFA. 'Jacks win this, they may prove to be a force in SLC this year. Lose, who knows. WIU could really use a W, and help the MVFC come selection day. IMHO, WIU should go 2-1 OOC, and then prove where they're at in conference play. Still see WIU/YSU/NDSU about equal middle of pack MVFC this season.

Tribe4SF
September 14th, 2009, 02:21 PM
I went with the Harvard/Holy Cross game. One of the better Ivy teams should give us another read on the PL as Holy Cross looks to be the best of them this year.

purplepeopleeaterv2
September 14th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Liberty v. Lafayette. Want to see if Liberty is going to be up to snuff against JMU in a few weeks or another VMI roll over.

UNI Pike
September 14th, 2009, 03:01 PM
I voted for WIU - SFA. This is a make or break game for WIU. I think Portland v MT will be a rewind of the UC Davis game.