PDA

View Full Version : CAA = SEC of the FCS?

EPJr
September 13th, 2009, 07:41 PM
FCS Coaches Poll (I-AA)

Richmond (24)
Appalachian State (3)
Villanova
Montana
Northern Iowa
James Madison
William & Mary (1)
Southern Illinois
New Hampshire
Weber State
Elon
Central Arkansas
California Poly
Wofford
South Carolina State
McNeese State
Eastern Washington
Massachusetts
Texas State
Maine
Jacksonville State
Harvard
Eastern Kentucky
Liberty
South Dakota State

achrist70
September 13th, 2009, 07:44 PM
FCS Coaches Poll (I-AA)

Richmond (24)
Appalachian State (3)
Villanova
Montana
Northern Iowa
James Madison
William & Mary (1)
Southern Illinois
New Hampshire
Weber State
Elon
Central Arkansas
California Poly
Wofford
South Carolina State
McNeese State
Eastern Washington
Massachusetts
Texas State
Maine
Jacksonville State
Harvard
Eastern Kentucky
Liberty
South Dakota State

East Coast Bias :D

Cats02
September 13th, 2009, 07:44 PM
it's not bias if it's true xthumbsupx

NHwildEcat
September 13th, 2009, 07:46 PM
it's also not bias when most of the teams in FCS are located in the east!!

EPJr
September 13th, 2009, 07:53 PM
East Coast Bias :D

woulda help you to have beaten Iowa xrolleyesx

BossEagle
September 13th, 2009, 08:02 PM
CAA=SEC of the FCS??? Yes.

EmeryZach
September 13th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Yeah you would have to say that the CAA is the best conference this year, and most years. Based on the history.

TexasTerror
September 13th, 2009, 08:07 PM
We all know it's the SLC... ;)

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61754

YoUDeeMan
September 13th, 2009, 08:08 PM
FCS Coaches Poll (I-AA)

Richmond (24)
Appalachian State (3)
Villanova
Montana
Northern Iowa
James Madison
William & Mary (1)
Southern Illinois
New Hampshire
Weber State
Elon
Central Arkansas
California Poly
Wofford
South Carolina State
McNeese State
Eastern Washington
Massachusetts
Texas State
Maine
Jacksonville State
Harvard
Eastern Kentucky
Liberty
South Dakota State

ASU number two? xeyebrowx They are 0-2 with a loss at home in which they gave up 522 yards and 40+ points to an FCS team that is only ranked 16th? Cal Poly loses at home to the number 4 team and had much better stats yet they get snobbed to #13?

Come on. xnonox It is crap like that which prevents some teams from getting a seed later on.

CrackerRiley
September 13th, 2009, 08:10 PM
ASU number two? xeyebrowx They are 0-2 with a loss at home in which they gave up 522 yards and 40+ points to an FCS team that is only ranked 16th? Cal Poly loses at home to the number 4 team and had much better stats yet they get snobbed to #13?

Come on. xnonox It is crap like that which prevents some teams from getting a seed later on.

I believe this is last weeks poll.

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 13th, 2009, 08:10 PM

I was thinking the same thing. Could this be last weeks pole?

Gil Dobie
September 13th, 2009, 08:13 PM
I bet Maine couldn't beat Wayne St of Nebraska xoopsx

They beat St Cloud St 41-20 this weekend, otherwise I have no problem with the ranking the other CAA schools.

93henfan
September 13th, 2009, 08:16 PM
That's last week's poll guys: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63228

YoUDeeMan
September 13th, 2009, 08:21 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Could this be last weeks pole?

Hopefully.

C'mon EPJr...get with the times! :p

Silenoz
September 13th, 2009, 09:02 PM
We haven't played Cal Poly yet

aust42
September 13th, 2009, 09:47 PM
The CAA has always been the "SEC of 1AA" from top to bottom. Especially this year two weeks into the season with a 4 - 4 record (should be 5-3 if JMU didn't blow the MD game) vs the FBS and 9-0 OOC record vs non FBS teams.

kalm
September 13th, 2009, 10:09 PM
The CAA is the strongest conference, but the extra teams have to help.

And of course East Coast bias exists. It's not as if geographical biases, regionalisms, and ignorance aren't common elsewhere in life. Tell someone from Seattle that you're from Eastern Washington and they ask what type of crops you grow (not all of us are farmers). Tell someone from the East Coast you're from Washington State and they ask how you deal with all that rain. (Cheney is 300 miles, one mountain range, and the Columbia River Basin away from Seattle and sits on the edge of a desert).

I've said before how it would be interesting if Poly, Davis, and SUU could join the BSC in football making it a 12 twelve team mega-conference. Three bid years would be the norm and there would have been 4 the year EWU, UM, MSU tied for the BSC and Poly got an at-large.

MR. CHICKEN
September 13th, 2009, 10:23 PM

MONTANA.....HAS WAFFLED...WESTERN STATE......AN' EKED ONE OUT...OVERAH...UC DAVIS........COW-PIE...ON DUH OTHERAH HAND.....JES' OPENED UP WHIFF SUCK STATE.......YA'LL SPEAKIN'.....O' LAST SEASON....WHERE POLY IS CONCERNED...xconfusedx..........DOODLE-DOO!

BDKJMU
September 13th, 2009, 11:18 PM
vs I-A:
CAA 4-4 (would be 5-3 if JMU could have held up their end xbawlingx)
rest 0-38 by my count

blazrdog#1
September 14th, 2009, 03:58 AM
Coming from B'ham,Alabama....the CAA ain't the SEC of the FCS...just bring yourself on down for a good ol southern arse whoopin in Shades Valley(SAMFORD UNIVERSITY) a few times...REALLY SEC of the FCS...xeekxxeekxxoopsxxoopsxxlolxxlolxxlolx:D:D GO DAWGS!!!!!!!xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxbowxxbowx:p:p