PDA

View Full Version : Elon Phoenix - 2009 SoCon champions?

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 12th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Should we just engrave the trophy with their names on it...no one else looks like they are as good as them so far... xnonono2xxnonono2xxnonono2x

xbangxxbangx

millwoga1
September 12th, 2009, 08:22 PM
until somebody beats appy (from the socon) my money is on them

ElonFirefighter
September 12th, 2009, 08:46 PM

Ill be glad to take your money

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 12th, 2009, 08:46 PM

Until App. starts looking better, I'll be picking them third behind Furman and Elon. No disrespect to McNeese, but they probably aren't going to win the SLC this year.

theasushow
September 12th, 2009, 08:48 PM
LOL I'm sure Elon fans themselves dont even wanna see a thread like this.

PhoenixMan
September 12th, 2009, 09:07 PM
We look good, I have to agree. Davidson and PC are not very good teams. Davidson lost 42-0 today. We'll see what we have next at Wake Forest.....but thanks for the vote of confidence....or jinx

furman94
September 12th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Just a note of reference to those that judge Furman based on their game with PC compared to Elon... we had NO tapes nor any clue as to what offense they were running. Elon got tapes :)

walliver
September 12th, 2009, 09:20 PM
They will find a way to blow it later in the seaon:D

Elon Fightin' Christians
September 12th, 2009, 09:37 PM
LOL I'm sure Elon fans themselves dont even wanna see a thread like this.

You got that right.... xnonox

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 12th, 2009, 09:52 PM
I guess I should take that back...Wofford looks pretty solid.

ElonFirefighter
September 12th, 2009, 09:54 PM

So does swiss cheese, till you look at all the holes

sudog03
September 12th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Loving my Samford Bulldogs chances right now. Nov. 21 against Elon at home looking HUGE.

proasu89
September 12th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Loving my Samford Bulldogs chances right now. Nov. 21 against Elon at home looking HUGE.

xeyebrowxSeptember 26 looks pretty effin huge to mexnodx

youwouldno
September 12th, 2009, 10:00 PM
It's rather early to be crowning a champion. I wouldn't put Elon's chances any higher than 3rd most likely, behind App St and Wofford, and only marginally ahead of Furman.

Reign of Terrier
September 12th, 2009, 10:06 PM

Keep in mind, Wofford played with the "boring" playbook today:)

millwoga1
September 12th, 2009, 10:08 PM
So does swiss cheese, till you look at all the holes

pretty damn confident considering you cant beat wofford or appy you are overated

PaladinFan
September 12th, 2009, 10:19 PM
All I know is that this conference is going to be a wild free for all. No one is foolish enough to discount App. However, Wofford, Furman, Elon, and Samford have all looked good through two weeks.

JohnStOnge
September 12th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Until App. starts looking better, I'll be picking them third behind Furman and Elon. No disrespect to McNeese, but they probably aren't going to win the SLC this year.

Do you not think App State looked pretty good last week against East Carolina considering the Moutaineers didn't have their starting QB? Last week there were a bunch of posts about how well they played in the second half, how East Carolina was gassed at the end, etc.

Reign of Terrier
September 12th, 2009, 10:36 PM
I may be criticized for saying this but this is what I think: The Socon was a conference that had bad offenses last year with the only teams that put up good ##s on offense were Wofford and App. I'm not trying to reopen old wounds but in the Wofford game last year Wofford totaled about 397 yards of offense with 5 turnovers, I don't think Wofford would have won that game but without those TO's we score more points to where App wins in a high scoring game such as today's (with a wider margin of victory) which leads me to my point: The only way any SoCon team will be successful is if they an develop a decent defense as well as a good offense.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 12th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Do you not think App State looked pretty good last week against East Carolina considering the Moutaineers didn't have their starting QB? Last week there were a bunch of posts about how well they played in the second half, how East Carolina was gassed at the end, etc.

Yes I did...but ECU doesn't look all that impressive against a WVU team that is probably a middle-of-the-road Big East team. McNeese could fare well in the SLC, and ECU in the CUSA and ASU in the SoCon, but for now I don't see that.

elon77
September 12th, 2009, 10:57 PM
What do blow out wins over the Davidson Kitty Kats and the PC panty hose prove? Nothing. We will know more in two weeks after we play Ga. Southern.

phoenixphanatic21
September 12th, 2009, 11:17 PM
pretty damn confident considering you cant beat wofford or appy you are overated

Actually, we did beat wofford 2 years ago in Spartanburg. Also, a spell check might be nice next time. Just sayin.

And yes, we have looked the best so far out of all the SoCon teams, but this is after 2 weeks. You don't crown a champ after just 2 games. I feel a lot better bout our chances, especially after that App loss today, but I am not gonna crown anyone for any title at this moment. Right now, we are just gonna focus on Wake Forest next week and just take it one week at a time.

PhoenixSupreme
September 12th, 2009, 11:23 PM
I'm scared to say anything about our chances for fear of jinxing it. However to be the top dog, you do have to beat the existing top dogs, and Appy and Woffy were the top dogs coming into this season. But hey, even though we were playing two sub-par teams these past 2 weeks, Elon's outscored opponents 97-7 in two games, and 1189-195 in offensive yardage. So all in all things look pretty optimistic at this point.

JohnStOnge
September 12th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Yes I did...but ECU doesn't look all that impressive against a WVU team that is probably a middle-of-the-road Big East team. McNeese could fare well in the SLC, and ECU in the CUSA and ASU in the SoCon, but for now I don't see that.

McNeese may not win the Southland. But it has a very good set of skill position players. I think it's probably one of the better sets of skill position players in FCS. They have a lot of speed at running back and wideout. Their quarterback isn't as athletic as Armanti Edwards but he's pretty athletic and he's an efficient passer. They apparently had a good game plan today and things worked out for them. They were able to score tit for tat with App State and it happened that they scored to take the lead with 4 seconds left so that their offense was on the field last.

But before you write App State off, remember that there's no reason to believe that they don't continue to have a really, really good offense. I realize that McNeese was weak on defense last year and also played today with a bunch of defensive players out, but I nevertheless saw no reason to believe Appalachian State's offense isn't still pretty darned close to unstoppable on the FCS level. Edwards is a great runner and an absolutely deadeye passer. Devon Moore is a very good running back. They have some real studs at wideout. Their offensive line looks pretty darned good to me. Maybe their defense isn't the stoutest in FCS, but it wasn't when the Moutaineers won their last national title either. In 2007, Appalachian State finished 70th in FCS total defense and 63rd in scoring defense.

So they got outscored in one game and the clock ran out on them. They weren't stopped. I woudn't be writing their obituary just yet.

SoCon48
September 13th, 2009, 04:42 AM
I'm scared to say anything about our chances for fear of jinxing it. However to be the top dog, you do have to beat the existing top dogs, and Appy and Woffy were the top dogs coming into this season. But hey, even though we were playing two sub-par teams these past 2 weeks, Elon's outscored opponents 97-7 in two games, and 1189-195 in offensive yardage. So all in all things look pretty optimistic at this point.

The thing is, two wins over easy opponents helps make the record and stats look good, but at this point Elon knows nothing about its 2009 team.
After Wake, win or lose, Elon will know what it has and what needs work.

PhoenixMan
September 13th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Just a note of reference to those that judge Furman based on their game with PC compared to Elon... we had NO tapes nor any clue as to what offense they were running. Elon got tapes :)

Be that as it may, both Furman and Elon beat PC badly. How bad isn't really relevant, as Elon took Riddle and Hudges out of the game at the end of the 3rd quarter. Probably could have scored more, but no reason to embarass the Blue Hose.

PhoenixMan
September 13th, 2009, 08:30 AM
What do blow out wins over the Davidson Kitty Kats and the PC panty hose prove? Nothing. We will know more in two weeks after we play Ga. Southern.

2 weeks??? You writing us off next week against Wake Forest, ?xnonox

KiddBrewer
September 13th, 2009, 09:06 AM

exactly, nobody can really say how good elon is at this point. app may have two losses, but atleast they are REAL loses that tell us something (to quote the voice of the mountaineers, david jackson).......still sucks.

asknoquarter21
September 13th, 2009, 09:09 AM
App came out flat today and never got the heart back on Defense, you could clearly see they thought they were supposed to win the game.

Honestly, I think this loss brings out the best in us. We had a lot of confidence even after losing to ECU last week. That confidence, and maybe arrogance, is gone now. You won't see is looking past anyone the rest of the season. We are gonna get your best, but now you are getting ours.

If you are gonna beat us you have to score 40 points and win the time of possession. Remember this was Armantis first game since last year and his first practice was this week. The offense will continue to improve and the D can't get worse than yesterday.

On the other hand we might just be terrible and lose 5 games this year. We clearly don't have as much talent as Eloan or the ankle biters. Heck even the shegles might best is this year. Let's not take anything away from the Furman University Christian Knights they had the best gameplan of anyone last year so I am sure we get blown away by them this year. Samford is gonna come in our house in two weeks and steam roll us.

I hate to think about how our season is gonna be when I look forward to these beatings. I wish we were the reigning socon champs that had the best set of skill players in all of the FCS. I guess we might get to that level one day....

C'mon.....

phoenix3
September 13th, 2009, 09:19 AM
I expect the Moantoanears to rebound very nicely. Seems the only people not cocky about Elon are the Elon fans. While it is nice to have big wins we realize those wins won't get us anywhere in the SoCon. Much like the CSU win for Woaffoard.

Ivytalk
September 13th, 2009, 09:22 AM
2 weeks??? You writing us off next week against Wake Forest, ?xnonox

It will be a tough game for Elon. Wake turned on the jets against Stanford yesterday and came back to win in the second half. Don't let the Baylor game fool you: Wake is good.

phoenix3
September 13th, 2009, 09:24 AM
It will be a tough game for Elon. Wake turned on the jets against Stanford yesterday and came back to win in the second half. Don't let the Baylor game fool you: Wake is good.

Absolutely right on.

ngineer
September 13th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Elon has to play somebody first. Rolling up over weak opposition and claiming pre-coronation can be the kiss of death. Not saying the Phoenix shouldn't be good, but there's little to measure against.

gophoenix
September 13th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Elon has to play somebody first. Rolling up over weak opposition and claiming pre-coronation can be the kiss of death. Not saying the Phoenix shouldn't be good, but there's little to measure against.

You notice it isn't Elon fans that have done that. The thread was started by a GSU guy.

whoanellie
September 13th, 2009, 12:29 PM
You notice it isn't Elon fans that have done that. The thread was started by a GSU guy.

We are simply playing our schedule.
our offense and defense are simply executing at an effective level.

Wake Forest is an excellent program and I believe We will give them a competitive contest.

PhoenixMan
September 13th, 2009, 01:31 PM

No pre-coronation coming from Elon fans. We have a very good team, but so do a lot of SoCon teams. However, App State's days of rolling over everyone is over. App fans have another lawn mower to worry about.....one that has eaten up over 1100 yards of offense and scored 97 points in two games.xnodx

PaladinFan
September 13th, 2009, 02:43 PM
App might have one game to play with, but I think if they drop two conference games they'll be watching the playoffs from home.

appirishmen
September 13th, 2009, 03:54 PM
no.....who has Elon played? Davidson......Presby.....they havent played anyone. Im worried about APP this season...but dont count us out untill we play the conference. two tough losses against two good teams. lets start talking about the conference winner till a bit later.

appirishmen
September 13th, 2009, 03:55 PM
No pre-coronation coming from Elon fans. We have a very good team, but so do a lot of SoCon teams. However, App State's days of rolling over everyone is over. App fans have another lawn mower to worry about.....one that has eaten up over 1100 yards of offense and scored 97 points in two games.xnodx

yea playing two easy teams......play some teams and then we all can talk.....xnodxxcoffeex

Elon Fightin' Christians
September 13th, 2009, 04:14 PM

xthumbsupx

I'll wait until we have accomplished something before I get to excited. Remember how the last two years ended for us.....

ASU_Fanatic
September 13th, 2009, 04:17 PM
You do know App hasnt played a Socon team yet, right? We'll still be good, don't worry.

gophoenix
September 13th, 2009, 04:57 PM
no.....who has Elon played? Davidson......Presby.....they havent played anyone. Im worried about APP this season...but dont count us out untill we play the conference. two tough losses against two good teams. lets start talking about the conference winner till a bit later.

I am not going to say how well we are or going to do, nor anything about app.

But here's an idea, why don't you App guys wait until you, oh, I don't know.... WIN A GAME before you start dumping on who everyone else has played, beaten, etc.

appfan2008
September 13th, 2009, 05:09 PM
0-0 all I can say is app is 0-0

Saint3333
September 13th, 2009, 05:12 PM
I think you're being a little sensitive. He's asking who has Elon played (no one really) and stated that it is too early to pick a conference winner based upon two weeks. I'd have to agree with both statements. He didn't say Elon wasn't a good team.

I don't really know how good Furman, Wofford, Elon, ASU, etc. are right now. The only three that are out of the picture right now are UTC, WCU, and Citadel with GSU looking very suspect. Still nine games to play.

gophoenix
September 13th, 2009, 05:28 PM
I think you're being a little sensitive. He's asking who has Elon played (no one really) and stated that it is too early to pick a conference winner based upon two weeks. I'd have to agree with both statements. He didn't say Elon wasn't a good team.

I don't really know how good Furman, Wofford, Elon, ASU, etc. are right now. The only three that are out of the picture right now are UTC, WCU, and Citadel with GSU looking very suspect. Still nine games to play.

No, just nipping it in the bud before it gets to that point. It is headed there fast. All I can say is, Isaw this thread yesterday and thought it was trouble, especially since an Elon fan didn't start it.

Right now, it is clear Elon, Furman, Wofford, App and Samford are what appears to be the solid players and the others, I just do not know at this point.

wcucat85
September 13th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Conference champ will have two losses...............

whoanellie
September 13th, 2009, 05:38 PM
ain't it great to be so passed our days under PHam. our opponents would leave the field and it it would take us 6 or 7 plays to score.

appirishmen
September 13th, 2009, 05:49 PM
I am not going to say how well we are or going to do, nor anything about app.

But here's an idea, why don't you App guys wait until you, oh, I don't know.... WIN A GAME before you start dumping on who everyone else has played, beaten, etc.

humm. why dont you Elon guys try playing a real opponent before you even.....uhh....talk....this year is going to be good in the SoCon. and i wasnt dumping on Elon....if our secondary plays like they did this past week....Elon will eat us up.

elon77
September 13th, 2009, 07:05 PM

If after the next two games Elon has again eaten up over 1100 yards of offense and 97 points maybe you can bring up the lawn mower thing. But until then you might want to keep that thought to yourself. It was only Davidson and PC dude. The competition beginning next week will be much, much better.xthumbsupx Like you I'm pretty excited, but we need to see how the season unfolds.

PhoenixSupreme
September 13th, 2009, 07:12 PM
I'm certainly not ready to coronate Elon yet. We may have beaten Davidson 56-0 but Lenior-Rhyne (a D-II team) also beat them 42-0. Kind of downplays our win a bit. Still feel optimistic though.

elonfan06
September 13th, 2009, 07:24 PM
I'm glad that it was stated 2-3 times but again, NONE of us Elon fans have totally agreed (nor started) this thread. I'd love to say can we just move this thread to November but we have a LOT of football to play and we haven't played anything other than two scrimmages. Next weekend against Wake should give everyone a real look at how competitive our team actually is. I will continue to love the stats, score and record we currently boast but I think everyone in the ashes no we have a long way before we really rise up. While it's nice to see App at 0-2 that means nothing either because they have not played any SoCon games. Again, lets have this conversation in November after we know we don't choke......again.

CamelCityAppFan
September 13th, 2009, 07:32 PM
App State's days of rolling over everyone is over. App fans have another lawn mower to worry about.....one that has eaten up over 1100 yards of offense and scored 97 points in two games.xnodx

I think rumors of App's demise are greatly exaggerated. Underestimate them at your own peril.

In the category of been there, done that, App beat Presbie 48-14 last year, and rolled up 697 yards of offense. We also beat Jacksonville 56-7 with 540 yards of offense. So for our two "warmup" games last year, we had 106 points and 1237 yards of offense. And we also lost to James Madison, and nearly lost to GaSo, and of course lost to Richmond in the playoffs.

I know this, the last time Elon beat App, Lyndon Johnson was the President, and App was known as Appalachian State Teacher's College.

Is this the year Elon snaps the 13 game losing streak? Maybe yes, maybe no-- lot of football to be played before we find out. xcoffeex

Hoseinexile07
September 13th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Probably could have scored more, but no reason to embarass the Blue Hose.

I think I speak for all of Hose Country when I say that we were plenty embarrassed. xnonono2x

Skjellyfetti
September 13th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Elon would be a shoe-in if the regular season ended in October.

They seem to quit playing football in November.

SU DOG
September 13th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Elon would be a shoe-in if the regular season ended in October.

They seem to quit playing football in November.

Not trashing the Birds, but having to play App State on Nov 14 and then coming to Bham on Nov. 21 will not be easy for Elon. Samford is a stronger team than many in this league realize.

OL FU
September 14th, 2009, 08:09 AM
I think so far every team has done what was expected exept for GSU and APP and maybe WCU. Personally, I wasn't surprised and in fact picked GSU to lose. I was only surprised by the amount. ASU has played two tough teams in two games, so maybe that isn't quite the surprise that we might think it is.

KiddBrewer
September 14th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Not trashing the Birds, but having to play App State on Nov 14 and then coming to Bham on Nov. 21 will not be easy for Elon. Samford is a stronger team than many in this league realize.

thats exactly what im worried about! that game in two weeks is going to make one heck of a statement about the SoCon this season....i cant wait, but i guess ive got to!!!!xrolleyesxxbawlingx:(!xbawlingx

gophoenix
September 14th, 2009, 09:14 AM

Samford isn't going to be easy for anyone.

Like I said before the season; Samford is going to be tough....

gophoenix
September 14th, 2009, 09:25 AM
I may be criticized for saying this but this is what I think: The Socon was a conference that had bad offenses last year with the only teams that put up good ##s on offense were Wofford and App. I'm not trying to reopen old wounds but in the Wofford game last year Wofford totaled about 397 yards of offense with 5 turnovers, I don't think Wofford would have won that game but without those TO's we score more points to where App wins in a high scoring game such as today's (with a wider margin of victory) which leads me to my point: The only way any SoCon team will be successful is if they an develop a decent defense as well as a good offense.

Uh, dude. no. I am not going to criticize, I am going to say you are flat wrong. Wofford and App the only one putting up good numbers? I mean, Elon should at least be in your group; only 2 games below 300 yards? 1 near 700, 5 over 400? You see the same type of thing with GSU, Furman and Samford.

Last year was a year of offenses with terrible defenses across the board. Games that the teams lost in blowouts were games where the offenses fell apart, not really from great D. I mean, nearly every team was designed around the outscore your opponent mentality. If the offense turns it over, then that becomes a near 14 point swing immediately in cases like our teams were designed last year.

I just think you're wrong in your assessment.

Just like I think a number of the posters saying the SoCon sucks simply because App has been weird for 2 games and GSU has been super-wierd. It's like, on no, the traditional 2 are down, the conference must be terrible; that without even looking at Furman, Wofford, Elon, Samford, or even The Citadel.

Woof
September 14th, 2009, 12:30 PM
I think so far every team has done what was expected exept for GSU and APP and maybe WCU. Personally, I wasn't surprised and in fact picked GSU to lose. I was only surprised by the amount. ASU has played two tough teams in two games, so maybe that isn't quite the surprise that we might think it is.

Agreed. xthumbsupx

Also, as has already been observed in this thread, it would be a mistake to think anyone is just going to roll through the conference this year. It's not much of a stretch to say the last 3 teams in the SoCon would beat Flaming Pigeons' two opponents thus far.xcoffeex.

PaladinFan
September 14th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Agreed. xthumbsupx

Also, as has already been observed in this thread, it would be a mistake to think anyone is just going to roll through the conference this year. It's not much of a stretch to say the last 3 teams in the SoCon would beat Flaming Pigeons' two opponents thus far.xcoffeex.

I don't think Presby beats any SoCon team. I don't think Davidson would stay within 45 points of any team either.

Woof
September 14th, 2009, 01:00 PM
I don't think Presby beats any SoCon team. I don't think Davidson would stay within 45 points of any team either.

That's what I saidxrulesx....neither of Eloan's opponents would beat any of the bottom tier SoCon teams.

gophoenix
September 14th, 2009, 01:39 PM
That's what I saidxrulesx....neither of Eloan's opponents would beat any of the bottom tier SoCon teams.

You know, last year, App's first two wins were against Presbyterian and Jacksonville. Why weren't you people dumping on them about it?

And I will again say, ELON PEOPLE DIDN"T START THIS THREAD. Attack the GSU people because they didn't make it about you.

SoCon48
September 14th, 2009, 01:46 PM
You know, last year, App's first two wins were against Presbyterian and Jacksonville. Why weren't you people dumping on them about it?

And I will again say, ELON PEOPLE DIDN"T START THIS THREAD. Attack the GSU people because they didn't make it about you.

There were lots of App fans who criticized that portion of the schedule.

gophoenix
September 14th, 2009, 01:50 PM
There were lots of App fans who criticized that portion of the schedule.

Yes, but nowhere near the questioning of your top 6 ranking at the time....

Woof
September 14th, 2009, 02:17 PM

Easy, GP. Nobody is saying a Flaming Pigeon started this thread, nor is anyone attacking you......unless, you are by chance hearing voices? xconfusedx...people are just observing that your 1st two wins don't really tell us much.xcoolx

Waco Kid
September 14th, 2009, 02:45 PM
A little early for everyone (including our own fans) to write off the Apps. We lost to two very good teams by 5 points each. If one play goes differently in each game we are 2-0 and those same people would be talking about the possibility of running the table. It doesn't matter since we didn't make the plays, but its just the nature of college football fans.

Skjellyfetti
September 14th, 2009, 03:10 PM
You know, last year, App's first two wins were against Presbyterian and Jacksonville.

And those were STILL a tougher 2 game slate than Elon's first two games. xlolx

CamelCityAppFan
September 14th, 2009, 06:33 PM

I think this is what folks were reacting to:

App fans have another lawn mower to worry about.....one that has eaten up over 1100 yards of offense and scored 97 points in two games.xnodx

Congrats and all that :) , but ASU did better than that last year against Presby & Jacksonville. Best bet is to not put too much stock in ASU's first 2 games, and probably best not to put too much stock in Elon's first 2 games either. Neither team has played any conference games yet, and that's what matters. xpeacex

PaladinFan
September 14th, 2009, 07:42 PM
A little early for everyone (including our own fans) to write off the Apps. We lost to two very good teams by 5 points each. If one play goes differently in each game we are 2-0 and those same people would be talking about the possibility of running the table. It doesn't matter since we didn't make the plays, but its just the nature of college football fans.

Right. If this were the FBS App wouldn't have a thing to worry about. However, in the FCS, losses do matter in an 11 game season. There may be precedent for a 7-4 team making the playoffs, but it's certainly a rarity. App can lose another game and make the field. However, to be 0-2 with the SoCon slate in front of you and a lot of your toughest games on the road....it'll be an uphill climb.

All that aside, App's still the team to beat, but they can't afford too many hiccups along the way.

GATA
September 14th, 2009, 08:30 PM

Are you kidding me? We're terrible!

And I'm not just *********ting you...we're awful. You'll win easily.

We can't score at all. We easily have the worst offense in the SOCON.

gophoenix
September 15th, 2009, 06:33 AM

How good teams are or not in reality has nothing to do with conference play. Teams step up all the time, teams come together. Look at the close games we had with Furman and that last second win over us you had in 2001 or 2002 as an example.

I am not buying this GSU or App nay-saying!

elon77
September 15th, 2009, 07:18 AM

HA ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Myself and every other Elon fan on this site do not believe your bull. I know GSU will bring everything they have when they roll into Burlington , including a few gnats, and the game will be hard fought and very competitive. I'm not buying what you are saying.xnodxxnodx

Eaglesrus
September 15th, 2009, 07:45 AM
I really hate to agree with GATA in this instance, and I certainly hope that we will improve over the course of the season, but we have seen absolutely nothing so far that would indicate that we can compete with the best teams in the SoCon this year. The only phases of the game that have even approached being good consistently are punting and place kicking (this does not include kick-offs or coverage). As I say, I hope we'll improve, but can't see nearly enough improvement happening in two weeks. Please let me be wrong!

ElonPride
September 15th, 2009, 07:52 AM

Presby did rack up 450 yards of offense agaisnt Furman, while ONLY gaining 91 total against Elon.......

phoenix3
September 15th, 2009, 09:44 AM
xdeadhorsex

blazrdog#1
September 15th, 2009, 10:21 AM
the fat chick belts it out !

GATA
September 15th, 2009, 05:35 PM
How good teams are or not in reality has nothing to do with conference play. Teams step up all the time, teams come together. Look at the close games we had with Furman and that last second win over us you had in 2001 or 2002 as an example.

I am not buying this GSU or App nay-saying!

Hey...I'm just trying to warn you guys now. We're downright, ridiculously awful. Don't be surprised if you beat us 50-3. When I say we can't score points...I mean it. This isn't going to change either.

Not to say we won't show up and play hard, but it's not going to matter. It's like we're a high school team now.

ASU_MBA
September 15th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Hey...I'm just trying to warn you guys now. We're downright, ridiculously awful. Don't be surprised if you beat us 50-3. When I say we can't score points...I mean it. This isn't going to change either.

Not to say we won't show up and play hard, but it's not going to matter. It's like we're a high school team now.

The rivalry between App and GSU makes the game close regardless of the skill level...you will score on us believe me....just tell your coach to throw screens and swing passes to the RB all day long.