PDA

View Full Version : There is nothing like HBCU football

SU Jag
September 11th, 2009, 06:28 PM
This past week I witness Southern take over ULL, and Ive been listening to how impressed Mississippi State fans were impressed by the atmosphere Jackson State brought to Stakville on Saturday. Right now Im tailgating at the Liberty Bowl getting ready for the Southern Heritage Classic between Tennessee State and Jackson State. Tailgating started on Thurday morning, as of 2:00 this afternoon the parking lot has been closed because there were not anymore spots for RVs. I asked one of the police officers did they have this problem last week and he replied "no". Eventhough Memphis played a top 10 team last week, the city of Memphis still did not cash in last weekend like it will this weekend. There isnt a hotel room within 20 miles of the city, and everyone is gearing up for the Southern Heritage Classic. This type of thing tends to happen when you bring HBCUs together for a little "head knocking" on the football feild. Ive been to big games at LSU, Auburn, and other "big time" schools and the type of game week atmopshere does not exist at those stadiums the way you see them at the Southern Heritage Classic, the Florida Classic, and ect. Tailgating for the big HBCU games usually start on Wednesday or Thurday and dont stop until Sunday. For the guys on the board, do yourself a favor, grab the wife and the kids and check out one of the big HBCU games and I promise you'll plan vacation around it year after year.

Bigmoneymike
September 11th, 2009, 07:22 PM
This past week I witness Southern take over ULL, and Ive been listening to how impressed Mississippi State fans were impressed by the atmosphere Jackson State brought to Stakville on Saturday. Right now Im tailgating at the Liberty Bowl getting ready for the Southern Heritage Classic between Tennessee State and Jackson State. Tailgating started on Thurday morning, as of 2:00 this afternoon the parking lot has been closed because there were not anymore spots for RVs. I asked one of the police officers did they have this problem last week and he replied "no". Eventhough Memphis played a top 10 team last week, the city of Memphis still did not cash in last weekend like it will this weekend. There isnt a hotel room within 20 miles of the city, and everyone is gearing up for the Southern Heritage Classic. This type of thing tends to happen when you bring HBCUs together for a little "head knocking" on the football feild. Ive been to big games at LSU, Auburn, and other "big time" schools and the type of game week atmopshere does not exist at those stadiums the way you see them at the Southern Heritage Classic, the Florida Classic, and ect. Tailgating for the big HBCU games usually start on Wednesday or Thurday and dont stop until Sunday. For the guys on the board, do yourself a favor, grab the wife and the kids and check out one of the big HBCU games and I promise you'll plan vacation around it year after year.
Growing up in that type of atmosphere it is so true. Good times

SU Jag
September 13th, 2009, 08:42 AM
xnonono2xxnonono2xxnonono2x Still cant beleive that J-State lost to TSU again! Thats 7 in a rowxnonono2x Bad move by Comegy not starting Rutland in the 2nd half. The redshirt freshman looked clueless until the last drive of the game.

Mr. Tiger
September 13th, 2009, 09:05 AM
xnonono2xxnonono2xxnonono2x Still cant beleive that J-State lost to TSU again! Thats 7 in a rowxnonono2x Bad move by Comegy not starting Rutland in the 2nd half. The redshirt freshman looked clueless until the last drive of the game.

Our offensive coordinator was clueless the ENTIRE game. It wasn't the freshman's fault. xnonono2x

SU Jag
September 13th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Our offensive coordinator was clueless the ENTIRE game. It wasn't the freshman's fault. xnonono2x

Whats the deal with Rutland? I talked to my dad who watched the game on TV, and he said that Comegy said that Rutland would start the 2nd half.