PDA

View Full Version : Murray State Head Coach?

Cocky
December 11th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Any news of who is considered for this job?, or who would consider this job? Will Murray wait till after basketball season to make a decision?

ISUMatt
December 11th, 2005, 07:43 PM
There was a rumor that Denver Johnson was in the running, but last I heard, a Coordinator from Memphis had the lead!!!

We hear they are flying to Monroe, LA to interview both Todd Berry (OC) and Kim Dameron (DC), then flying to Louisville to interview Paul Petrino and then going to Memphis to interview Randy Fichtner OC- Memphis! We hear they didn't want people on campus so it could be secretive (but that's why we have the scoop!)

skinny_uncle
December 11th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Current leading candidate:
http://www.lauratoops.com/graphics/capone.gif

OSRacer
December 11th, 2005, 08:48 PM
From UT Martin - Matt Griffin. Will be announced tomorrow...

dbackjon
December 12th, 2005, 10:20 AM
From UT Martin - Matt Griffin. Will be announced tomorrow...

Griffin has done a great job at Martin - but that is strange that he would do a lateral move (to a worse team). Must be offering him some big bucks.

Cocky
December 12th, 2005, 10:25 AM
Griffin has done a great job at Martin - but that is strange that he would do a lateral move (to a worse team). Must be offering him some big bucks.

I wouldn't call it a lateral move. Martin is just starting back with schloarships. Murray year in and year out will be a better program than Martin. Murray has better overall university facities and a more recognize name.

Let's hope he get the support to better the program because the OVC needs more teams committed to winning.

JSU Fan
December 12th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Let's home this means Murray is also going to rip up their old-style artificial turf (green painted concrete) and replace it with field turf.

Out.

JaxStateManager
December 12th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Amen to that! We have lost a player for the season each time we have played on that concrete.

dbackjon
December 12th, 2005, 11:04 AM
I wouldn't call it a lateral move. Martin is just starting back with schloarships. Murray year in and year out will be a better program than Martin. Murray has better overall university facities and a more recognize name.

Let's hope he get the support to better the program because the OVC needs more teams committed to winning.

Murray is a better school (roommate went there), but Murray, like most Kentucky schools, cares about one thing - Basketball. Football will always be second fiddle there.

Cocky
December 12th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Murray is a better school (roommate went there), but Murray, like most Kentucky schools, cares about one thing - Basketball. Football will always be second fiddle there.

Can't argue that.

bigbluetiger
December 12th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Not a bad choice.

Killtoppers90
December 12th, 2005, 05:47 PM

Damn! I wish I could argue that point but it is SO very true!