PDA

View Full Version : CSN The CAA Today: A Game Of Inches

CSN-info
September 10th, 2009, 12:40 PM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/skins/andreas_01/img/ttcaatoday.JPG

The CAA Today: A Game Of Inches
Terence Thomas, Sr. CSN CAA Today columnist

Can the fans of the CAA ask for a better start to the 2009 season?

There are two times a year when all CAA fans can root for one another. In the beginning of the season when most teams are playing against FBS or nonconference teams and at the end of the year during the playoffs and hopefully the national championship games.

During these times, the CAA teams and fans are one rooting for whichever CAA team is playing.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/09/10/the-caa-today-a-game-of-inches?blog=5)

bluehenbillk
September 10th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Preview to follow shortly?? Tease!!xcoffeex

CSN-info
September 11th, 2009, 11:39 AM
PREVIEW FINISHED (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/09/10/the-caa-today-a-game-of-inches?blog=5)

andy7171
September 11th, 2009, 11:47 AM
I certainly hope the write up for the Towsons, Northeasterns URi and lnon-ranked CAA teams get better than a generic sentence or two.

And I'd give CCSU a bit more credit than a 0 upset rating. What's it all or nothing?

89Hen
September 11th, 2009, 11:51 AM
UD just wants to fare well, and play the national champs close.
xeyebrowx xconfusedx xsmhx

andy7171
September 11th, 2009, 11:53 AM
xeyebrowx xconfusedx xsmhx

Yeah. No respect at all with a 0 upset rating, AT HOME. Being at home for Delaware I figured would get you a 4-5 automatically. xnonono2x

89Hen
September 11th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Yeah. No respect at all with a 0 upset rating, AT HOME. Being at home for Delaware I figured would get you a 4-5 automatically. xnonono2x
I really don't care about his rating but to say the team or fans are just looking to stay respectible will make me question anything he writes in the future. xcoffeex

tribe_pride
September 11th, 2009, 12:03 PM
The fact is, UD is not expected to win although playing at home usually favors the Blue Hens. UD just wants to fare well, and play the national champs close. A blowout loss would be dissatisfying to the Blue Hen faithful. However, a close loss could boost prospects for the remainder of the season
Upset meter [0—-] Spiders 27 Blue Hens 10.

I think this article belongs in the FCS Smack section. No respect at all given to the Hens. xlolxxlolx

jmufan999
September 11th, 2009, 12:13 PM
I think this article belongs in the FCS Smack section. No respect at all given to the Hens. xlolxxlolx

i guess we'll know for sure after saturday.

bluehenbillk
September 11th, 2009, 12:44 PM
"UD just wants to fare well, and play the national champs close."

In all seriousness, who the hell is this guy? Look, I have no problem if people want to pick UR & pick them by 17-24 points, UD has to earn respect on the field. But, to say UD won't be sky-high for a chance to knock off the champs (READ: WIN), that's just uneducated.

SunCoastBlueHen
September 11th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Delaware is not lacking in bulletin board material for this game, are they? :D

GannonFan
September 11th, 2009, 01:01 PM
UD just wants to fare well, and play the national champs close.

Yikes, that's just brutal writing. As a Delaware fan, I'm hoping for a little more than just not being embarrassed. This guy ever been to Newark??

93henfan
September 11th, 2009, 01:07 PM
I read the article before I read all the comments and all I can say is "ditto".

andy7171
September 11th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Maybe he doesn't think anyone is reading his stuff that knows anything more about FCS than ESPN does.

89Hen
September 11th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Delaware is not lacking in bulletin board material for this game, are they? :D
Hopefully one of you guys forwarded this to the team? :D

BTW, good to see you Sun.

bluehenbillk
September 11th, 2009, 01:21 PM
In the realm of "Where in the World in Carmen SanDiego", who in the world is Terence Thomas?

SunCoastBlueHen
September 11th, 2009, 01:31 PM
In the realm of "Where in the World in Carmen SanDiego", who in the world is Terence Thomas?

Good question. I thought he was one of those Supreme Court dudes. xconfusedx :p

tribe_pride
September 11th, 2009, 01:31 PM

Here you go:

Terence Thomas, Sr. CSN CAA Today columnist

Let me begin by saying, “Hello,” and introducing myself to all of the fans of CAA Football as well as fans of college football in general. My name is Terence Thomas, Sr., and I, too, am a fan of the game of football. I played a year of Division III football as a 185-pound outside linebacker for Whittier College in fall 1979. I later transferred to Division I Cal State Univ Long Beach, but it did not work out for me. I continued to follow my 49ers until the football program folded. I coached my son in Pop Warner football for the West Windsor – Plainsboro Wildcats, from 1998–2002 and I still continue to coach at the Jr. Pee Wee level for the team.

andy7171
September 11th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Good question. I thought he was one of those Supreme Court dudes. xconfusedx :p

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

SunCoastBlueHen
September 11th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Here you go:

That's one heck of a resume that guy has there. xlolx

andy7171
September 11th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Here you go:
Well at least they didn't just pull some schmoe off the street. He played D.III and coaches Pop Warner!

DTSpider
September 11th, 2009, 01:42 PM
To be fair - it's hard to follow Bruce Dowd. Bruce did great work covering the CAA and is going to be hard to replace.

andy7171
September 11th, 2009, 01:45 PM
To be fair - it's hard to follow Bruce Dowd. Bruce did great work covering the CAA and is going to be hard to replace.

A very good point. Although we might have gone from one extreme to another.

Tribe4SF
September 11th, 2009, 02:56 PM
"UD just wants to fare well, and play the national champs close."

In all seriousness, who the hell is this guy? Look, I have no problem if people want to pick UR & pick them by 17-24 points, UD has to earn respect on the field. But, to say UD won't be sky-high for a chance to knock off the champs (READ: WIN), that's just uneducated.

As much as we all love Bruce Dowd, he's been off base a few times as well. Two years ago he was writing the epitaph for the Tribe program, saying he doubted it would be competitive in the CAA again.

I'll offer my editing services to Terrence for $100 a week. If he agrees, I promise to re-write anything off the wall.

Nebuta
September 11th, 2009, 06:06 PM
I am glad he coaches his son's pop warner team. He is ahead of the curve when it comes to scouting young CAA talent for the 2015 and 2016 season.

BDKJMU
September 11th, 2009, 11:09 PM
A very good point. Although we might have gone from one extreme to another.

Thomas appears to be a drop off from Dowd, but he's still better than Coulson.xnodx

andy7171
September 14th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Thomas appears to be a drop off from Dowd, but he's still better than Coulson.xnodx

I'm not going to bash Mr.C. He's alright in my book, just biased. xpeacex