PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 9-12

JALMOND
September 10th, 2009, 01:34 AM
So I came through the first week perfect (8-0), but the games were pretty easy to pick. This week, they start getting tougher as we start to see some non conference FCS opponents showing up on the slate. There still are some FBS and DII games to give me a good chance of coming out fine. That said, here they are. All are my opinion and all are open for discussion.

EWU @ California---The Eagles put to rest their victory last week and head to Berkeley to face Pac-10 Cal. The Eagles were finally able to distance themselves from DII Western Oregon while Cal was dismantling the ACC's Maryland. Any chance for the Eagles in this game? Oh, slim to none...Cal 42, EWU 7.

ISU @ Oklahoma---This game hinges on one thing. Not if the Bengals can somehow win this game, but how mad the Sooners are after losing to BYU last week. Heisman winner Bradford no doubt will not play this week, giving the Bengals hope. A slight hope...Oklahoma 45, ISU 3.

UM @ UC-Davis---Looking at last week could skew the thinking in this game. The Grizzlies more or less walked through their game against Western State while UC-Davis was getting manhandled by Fresno State. But with basically the same team last year, the Aggies gave the Grizzlies all they wanted in Missoula. Also, just like the Grizzlies, the Aggies are tougher at home. Far from easy...UM 30, UC-Davis 28.

Dixie State @ MSU---Just about everything that could go wrong last week for the Bobcats did. The defense could not slow Michigan State down and the offense could not get started. Consequently the Bobcats came home with more questions. This week, the home opener against DII Dixie State. A good chance to answer those questions...MSU 31, Dixie State 7.

NAU @ Arizona---While everyone else was getting a taste of action, the Jacks decided to extend fall practice one week. Whether the week off helped them remains to be seen. They head to Arizona to take on the Pac-10 Wildcats. So much for the openers...Arizona 38, NAU 10.

San Diego @ UNC---Hard to distinguish where you are when you are getting punished by Kansas, but the Bears head home this week against FCS non-scholly San Diego. Should be a good barometer as to where they are heading, but the Torerros beat them in Greeley a couple years back. If the Bears want to make headway in the conference, they need this game...UNC 20, San Diego 17.

Southern Oregon @ PSU---Good things came out of the Vikings game with Oregon State, but points were still tough to come by. This week, the Vikings get to see where they are when they are the favorite as they welcome NAIA's Southern Oregon to Portland. The NAIA has already stolen a game from the FCS. Not this time...PSU 35, Southern Oregon 10.

Sac State @ Cal Poly---Fresh from the pounding in the desert, the Hornets head south to Cal Poly, hoping to put last week behind them. Losing Hilliard looks to be bigger than previously thought as the Hornet offense was stagnant. This week the Hornets hope to get on the right track. But, it is still Cal Poly...Cal Poly 28, Sac State 14.

WSU @ Colorado State---Last week, the Wildcats found their upset bid foiled, mainly by the five interceptions. This week, they stay in the Mountain West and head to Colorado State, facing a team that look really impressive against their bigger in-state brother. As last week, the Wildcats can win this game, but the best chance for an upset was last week...Colorado State 31, WSU 20.

grizzpaw
September 10th, 2009, 06:27 AM
EWU @ CALIFORNIA - this is a no brainer ewu is out of it's league here being that cal is for real (i think)! cal 56 - ewu 3

ISU @ OKLAHOMA - this one is going to get bad fast! ok 72 - isu 0

UM @ UC-DAVIS - best game in the big sky this week. in my mind roper will win the starting qb. ucd looked bad last week. home opener for them. um 31 - ucd 24

DIXIE ST @ MSU - dixie st can throw and msu needs work in this area. msu 27 - dixie 10

NAU @ ARIZONA - nau never wins against ua or asu! ua 36 - nau 9

SAN DIEGO @ UNC = i like unc winning (score closer than game) unc 28 - san diego 17

SOSC @ PSU - one of the only games psu shows a running game. psu running away! psu 49 - sosc 10

SAC ST @ CAL POLY - sac has very little after hillard. cal-poly 28 - sac st 7

WSU @ COLORADO ST - wsu needs to quit reading how good they are and just go play! colorado st looked real good last week. csu 38 - wsu 10

Canyoncat
September 10th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Agree with pretty much everything, however I think MSU will dominate Dixie State with the run game. Especially in the second half. This may be MSU's hardest hitting set of saftey's they have had in years. They will help the young CB's and the D-line is going to getting after the QB. Look for the Cats to put 50 points on the board.

wapiti
September 10th, 2009, 10:35 AM
EWU @ California--- CA 48 EWU 7 An easy pick

ISU @ Oklahoma---OK 55 ISU 6 An even easier pick

UM @ UC-Davis---. UC-D 28 UM 18 Someone needs to pick against Montana, just as well be me. Home Field advantage for UC-D wins it.

Dixie State @ MSU--- MSU 32 DS 13 Game is closer than MSU would like it, but that was due to 2nd and 3rd stringers playing a major portion of the 2nd half.

NAU @ Arizona--- AZ 42 NAU 21 NAU plays a surprising good game.

San Diego @ UNC---UNC 24 SD 17 UNC wins this, but I'm not sure by how much. Depends on penalty calls.

Southern Oregon @ PSU--- PSU 38 SO 9 PSU takes care of NAIA team.

Sac State @ Cal Poly--- CP 32 SS 13 Sac State is in a rebuilding year and CP is getting better at reloading.

WSU @ Colorado State--- CSU 32 WSU 28 Weber State keeps it close again against an FBS, but still short of the W.

GrizFanStuckInUtah
September 10th, 2009, 10:40 AM
It is still hard for me to get a feel for some of the teams. I do believe that the scores will be a little lower than some are predicting in the non FBS games. The FBS schools do have the ability to put up the larger numbers. But this early in the season, the defense always seems to be a bit ahead of the offense with the offense side still putting in many things. So long story short, I like Jalmond's picks, I just think the scoring will be a bit lower on the fcs vs fcs games. xpeacex

technocat
September 10th, 2009, 12:18 PM
EWU @ CALIFORNIA - Cal is the far superior team but with EWU's ability to score and score quickly they will put some points on the board. Cal 55, EWU 21

ISU @ OKLAHOMA - After there showing in the first week ISU will be lucky to get in field goal range. OK 64, ISU 3

UM @ UC-DAVIS - I think UCD will play well at home and are hungry to drop a defeat on UM but Montana always seems to pull out these games someway, somehow. Closest game by far in the BSC this week, UM 24, UCD 21

DIXIE ST @ MSU - MSU is looking to let off some steam after a beat down. The defence was embarrassed and is looking to make a statement. The young corners have seen probably the most athletic group of receivers they will see all year and dixie state just can't compare. MSU 45, Dixie 0

NAU @ ARIZONA - NAU seems to play well against there instate schools and I think they are hungry after last years collapse. Keeping it close at: AU 35, NAU 24

SAN DIEGO @ UNC = I think UNC takes a step back this year and although they play well just let this one slip away. SD 25, UNC 24

SOSC @ PSU - PSU comes out and drops 500 on SOSC. PSU 44, SOSC 14

SAC ST @ CAL POLY - Is this the year Sac finally puts it all together. I say no because they have just lost too much talent to begin with and Cal Poly still has the swagger. SSU 19, CP 28

WSU @ COLORADO ST - WSU played poorly last week in a game they probably should have won. Now they come up against a more focused and better armed opponent. They limit the mistakes but just can't quite get over the hump. WSU 24, CSU 28

Screamin_Eagle174
September 10th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Agree with pretty much everything, however I think MSU will dominate Dixie State with the run game. Especially in the second half. This may be MSU's hardest hitting set of saftey's they have had in years. They will help the young CB's and the D-line is going to getting after the QB. Look for the Cats to put 50 points on the board.

Although not impossible, I highly doubt MSU puts up 50 or more. They have a D, but not much of an O.

Canyoncat
September 10th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Although not impossible, I highly doubt MSU puts up 50 or more. They have a D, but not much of an O.

Book it, the Cats put 50 on them!

kalm
September 10th, 2009, 04:09 PM
I'll play the role of homer for a second and say that if we take care of the football I can see us keeping this at least as respectable as TTU last year where we were within 11 in the 4th quarter. But a blowout certainly is a possibility. Cal 41-21

Grizzaholic
September 10th, 2009, 04:09 PM

I would have to disagree.

Canyoncat
September 10th, 2009, 05:02 PM
I would have to disagree.

If the Cats do put 50 on them, are you going to come on and say you were wrong? Disagree all you want, if we don't put up 50 points I think (my opinion only) we may be in trouble. We put 62 on them two years ago and I think we have more weapons this year. It is up to Iddins. Plus, I think the running game is going to completely dominate them. I also think the defense is going to have at least 1 TD return via either fumble or Int.

And yes, I have no problem coming back saying I was wrong if the Cats don't score 50 points.

CopperCat
September 10th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Akpla dropped a few balls @Michigan State that hit him right in the numbers. I don't think that will be a problem on Saturday. I think he might be another Mike Jefferson type of player. Explosive potential and great speed. He should catch quite a few this weekend.

Not so sure about the running game, but with CJ Palmer back there going up against linemen that are smaller than he is, I would expect him to break a few into the secondary for big yardage. Put him up close to the goal line and it's all over.

Having "no offense" is a pretty stupid thing to say given that the season has barely even started yet, especially given that we played a team that is top 25 material.

Cats should score more than 50. Then again, EWU and UM should have scored more than 50 as well, but I digress.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 10th, 2009, 06:17 PM
especially given that we played a team that is top 25 material.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

gbhmt
September 10th, 2009, 06:26 PM
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

They're ranked like 27th, not sure what's so funny...

DavisAggie
September 10th, 2009, 06:32 PM

Booked! See you back here Saturday night :)

But really, stay injury free and enjoy Davis.

GOKATS
September 10th, 2009, 07:04 PM

Consider the source.................., can you spell C.L.U.E.L.E.S.S.................?

JALMOND
September 10th, 2009, 07:41 PM
I'll play the role of homer for a second and say that if we take care of the football I can see us keeping this at least as respectable as TTU last year where we were within 11 in the 4th quarter. But a blowout certainly is a possibility. Cal 41-21

I took the easy way out on this. When we played Cal three years back, they had featured back Marshawn Lynch. This year they have Jahvid Best, maybe the best back in the Pac-10 (including OSU's Rodgers). We also had a bunch of talent returning as well. In looking at that game, I just used the same score, replacing us with EWU.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 10th, 2009, 11:47 PM
My picks, as posted on CS.com:

The two closest games are going to be Northern Colorado against San Diego, and Montana against UC-Davis, respectively.

My picks:

EWU 24 vs. California 52

ISU 0 vs. Oklahoma 48

UM 31 vs. UC-Davis 24

Dixie State 10 vs. MSU 34

NAU 17 vs. Arizona 45

San Diego 24 vs. UNC 20

Southern Oregon 7 vs. PSU 42

Sac State 24 vs. Cal Poly 34

WSU 17 vs. Colorado State 31

Screamin_Eagle174
September 10th, 2009, 11:51 PM

By the end of the season they won't even receive votes to be ranked. xrulesx

UNCBears2010
September 11th, 2009, 03:00 AM
SAN DIEGO @ UNC = I think UNC takes a step back this year and although they play well just let this one slip away. SD 25, UNC 24

How on Earth does a team take a step BACK from three stright 1-win seasons?!xconfusedx There is nowhere back for us to step, unless we take an 0-fer this year.

CopperCat
September 11th, 2009, 03:43 PM

Lucky for us they don't pay you to be a sportscaster. You'd be right in there with Coulson.xlolx

catbob
September 11th, 2009, 04:05 PM
San Diego isn't the same "powerhouse" they were a few years ago. Honestly I don't know how good they are anymore. I'd go with UNC though.

JALMOND
September 11th, 2009, 08:12 PM
In defense of the Bengals, let me clarify a little bit about Oklahoma. In practice, you do train for the possibility of your quarterback getting hurt. But when your quarterback is the face of the team and a returning Heisman winner, you really do not anticipate that will happen. I'm thinking the Sooners will treat this game as a chance to see who is able to guide this team in Bradford's absence. I'm not saying that Idaho State will win, but I highly doubt the Sooners will score higher than 45 without Bradford. If they do, this Bengal team is in worse shape than I thought.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 12th, 2009, 03:47 PM

13-7 MSU at the half. xcoffeex xoopsx

CopperCat
September 12th, 2009, 03:51 PM

Still a full half left jackass.

wapiti
September 12th, 2009, 03:57 PM

I'm watching this game on tv. The Bobkitties are playing borderline awful.

They had better play better football for the 2nd half, or they are in for a long season.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 12th, 2009, 04:01 PM

Lucky for us they don't pay you to be a sportscaster. You'd be right in there with Coulson.xlolx

Michigan State lost to Central Michigan today. xcoffeexxrulesx

Let me guess, Central Michigan is on the verge of a top 25 program? xlolx

Tod
September 12th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Michigan State lost to Central Michigan today. xcoffeexxrulesx

Let me guess, Central Michigan is on the verge of a top 25 program? xlolx

Michigan State won that game. xeyebrowx

wapiti
September 12th, 2009, 04:07 PM

I juct checked. Central Michigan did win 29 -27

Tod
September 12th, 2009, 04:09 PM

I watched it! 27-26 MSU in OT. Central Michigan went for two after the TD and missed.

xconfusedx

tribe_pride
September 12th, 2009, 04:09 PM

Central Michigan won 29-27

Tod
September 12th, 2009, 04:10 PM
I watched it! 27-26 MSU in OT. Central Michigan went for two after the TD and missed.

xconfusedx

Damn! Must have went out for a smoke and missed something there.

My bad! :o:o:o

tribe_pride
September 12th, 2009, 04:11 PM

xconfusedx

That was not an OT game. You didn't watch the onsides kick apparentlyxoopsx

Tod
September 12th, 2009, 04:15 PM
That was not an OT game. You didn't watch the onsides kick apparentlyxoopsx

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Was switching back and forth between that game and Wisconsin/Fresno State.

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Screamin_Eagle174
September 12th, 2009, 04:15 PM

xnodx

Tod
September 12th, 2009, 04:16 PM
TD Dixie State.

xeekxxeekxxeekx

PAT Good.

14-13 Dixie State

Screamin_Eagle174
September 12th, 2009, 04:17 PM

Don't get your panties in a twist. No need for personal attacks when I'm just posting facts. xcoffeex

I know there's still a little less than two quarters for MSU to score 37 points. :D

wapiti
September 12th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Bobcats are losing!!!! DSC 14 MSU 13 xbawlingx xbawlingx

So much for MSU getting any more votes in any polls this year.
There has been no vaunted defense from MSU.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 12th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Bobcats are losing!!!! DSC 14 MSU 13 xbawlingx xbawlingx

So much for MSU getting any more votes in any polls this year.
There has been no vaunted defense from MSU.

Dixie State has 13 or so first downs. MSU with like 15.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 12th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Flag on the Bobcats.

Grizzaholic
September 12th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Dixie is just marching down the field again....especially with all of them penalties from the Bobcats.

Uncle Buck
September 12th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Wow, Dixie getting it done

Grizzaholic
September 12th, 2009, 04:35 PM
MSU TD

wapiti
September 12th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Bobcats score MSU 20 DSC 14
late in the 3rd Q

Grizzaholic
September 12th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Bobcats are just shooting themselves in the foot on every play. Late hits galore!

Bronco
September 12th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Could be another long year for the cats.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 12th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Dixie State has 337 pass yards! xeekx

Grizzaholic
September 12th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Could be another long year for the cats.

They have 0 TO's last week and now against a Dixie, what, 4 or is it 5? Lots of penalties. Their secondary is getting torched.

It very well could be a looooooong year for them this year. I really hope that they get things figured out for BSC play.

Silenoz
September 12th, 2009, 04:52 PM
I really hope that they get things figured out for BSC play.

Not me

Go DSC!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 12th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Best breaks a 27 yard run... caught from behind by Jesse Hoffman!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 12th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Best breaks a 27 yard run... caught from behind by Jesse Hoffman!

Ooops, wrong thread. 7-7 EWU vs. Cal

Grizzaholic
September 12th, 2009, 05:00 PM
FG Cats.

wapiti
September 12th, 2009, 05:00 PM
FG MSU MSU 23 DSC 14

Grizzaholic
September 12th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Well Dixie just tossed an INT. This should do it.

But Dixie gave the Cats just about everything they could handle.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 12th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Cats miss at short FG. Still 23-14

wapiti
September 12th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Cats miss at short FG. Still 23-14

Into a strong wind, but it is still a miss.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 12th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Taiwan Jones returns 20 yards to the 35. :D

wapiti
September 12th, 2009, 05:22 PM
TD Dixie. Blocked xp
MSU 23 Dixie 20

Screamin_Eagle174
September 12th, 2009, 05:22 PM
TD Dixie State

Screamin_Eagle174
September 12th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Well, game's over. MSU squeeks by 23-20. Have anything to say FTG06'? Canyoncat? Bueller?

wapiti
September 12th, 2009, 05:25 PM
MSU was a big dissappointment today, despite getting the W.

CopperCat
September 12th, 2009, 05:29 PM
MSU played the most pathetic game I have ever witnessed today. Loads of talent and we almost get beat by a team we should have scored at least 40 on. Couldn't even manage three TD's. I wouldn't want to be a player in that locker room tonite, because it won't be pretty what the coaches will have to say. The bye week might be just what the doctor ordered for us. We need work EVERYWHERE.

catbob
September 12th, 2009, 05:49 PM
That was atrocious. One of the worst overall performances I have ever seen from a Cat team; I think the only possible one that was more pathetic than that that I have witnessed was UC Davis in 2006.

At least we have two weeks to try to fix the problems. But unfortunately what I saw today may not be fixable.

Grizzaholic
September 12th, 2009, 06:03 PM
MSU played the most pathetic game I have ever witnessed today. Loads of talent and we almost get beat by a team we should have scored at least 40 on. Couldn't even manage three TD's. I wouldn't want to be a player in that locker room tonite, because it won't be pretty what the coaches will have to say. The bye week might be just what the doctor ordered for us. We need work EVERYWHERE.

I thought you weren't going to watch or listen anymore after halftime?

Casey_Orourke
September 12th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Portland State wins 34-10. Next week we go on the road to play Montana in Missoula. It will be nice to finally play the Grizzlies with the team pretty much intact with no major injuries. It will be a real test as to how much progress the team has made since Walsh departed. I hope it will be a good game and a close one that could go either way.

Grizzaholic
September 12th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Portland State wins 34-10. Next week we go on the road to play Montana in Missoula. It will be nice to finally play the Grizzlies with the team pretty much intact with no major injuries. It will be a real test as to how much progress the team has made since Walsh departed. I hope it will be a good game and a close one that could go either way.

Didn't PSU have a bye week before they played UM last year?

Screamin_Eagle174
September 12th, 2009, 06:20 PM
EWU down 24-7 at the half against Cal. Matt Nichols is 22/30 for 186yds and a TD, no picks. We lead total offensive yards 193-192.

UNCBears2010
September 12th, 2009, 06:20 PM
UNC beats San Diego, 31-12. Game wasn't as close as the score indicated, Andre Harris is a force of nature, USD had NO answer for him at all.

Casey_Orourke
September 12th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Didn't PSU have a bye week before they played UM last year?

I don't remember, but that late in the season we had lots of injured players and every game was a makeshift line-ups in every game.

by the way....what is with the SUU helmet? you lose a bet?

Grizzaholic
September 12th, 2009, 06:53 PM
I don't remember, but that late in the season we had lots of injured players and every game was a makeshift line-ups in every game.

by the way....what is with the SUU helmet? you lose a bet?

NOPE! I have been touting SUU for 2 years now. They weren't as bad as their record stated 2 years ago, and last year they showed tons of improvement and lost a couple that they should have won.

This year is their year! GO SUU!!!!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 12th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Consider the source.................., can you spell C.L.U.E.L.E.S.S.................?

Obviously you have plenty of experience with the word clueless. Michigan State lost to Central Michigan today. xlolxxlolxxlolx

technocat
September 12th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Well at least the cats run defence showed up today. Good thing we play all those run oriented teams in the big sky....... doh!

Screamin_Eagle174
September 12th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Canyoncat... where are you buddy? xlolx

Screamin_Eagle174
September 12th, 2009, 08:27 PM
So far it looks like MSU is the most over rated team in the Big Sky this year. WSU backed up their hype with two close games to FBS teams.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 12th, 2009, 09:48 PM
In defense of the Bengals, let me clarify a little bit about Oklahoma. In practice, you do train for the possibility of your quarterback getting hurt. But when your quarterback is the face of the team and a returning Heisman winner, you really do not anticipate that will happen. I'm thinking the Sooners will treat this game as a chance to see who is able to guide this team in Bradford's absence. I'm not saying that Idaho State will win, but I highly doubt the Sooners will score higher than 45 without Bradford. If they do, this Bengal team is in worse shape than I thought.

Final score: Oklahoma: 64, ISU 0. xsmhx

Screamin_Eagle174
September 12th, 2009, 09:49 PM
If the Cats do put 50 on them, are you going to come on and say you were wrong? Disagree all you want, if we don't put up 50 points I think (my opinion only) we may be in trouble. We put 62 on them two years ago and I think we have more weapons this year. It is up to Iddins. Plus, I think the running game is going to completely dominate them. I also think the defense is going to have at least 1 TD return via either fumble or Int.

And yes, I have no problem coming back saying I was wrong if the Cats don't score 50 points.

Still waiting...

JALMOND
September 12th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Final score: Oklahoma: 64, ISU 0. xsmhx

And as I said, this Bengal team is in worse shape than I thought.xthumbsupx

Screamin_Eagle174
September 12th, 2009, 09:55 PM
And as I said, this Bengal team is in worse shape than I thought.xthumbsupx

xlolx

I Bleed Purple
September 12th, 2009, 09:57 PM
They'll get another pissed off team next week in Weber. Your prediction should be no closer than 45-7, Jalmond. xnodx

JALMOND
September 12th, 2009, 10:04 PM
They'll get another pissed off team next week in Weber. Your prediction should be no closer than 45-7, Jalmond. xnodx

We'll see come Wednesday. One scary thing, Higgins, while not as good as Bradford, is probably just as good as Bradford's backup.

I Bleed Purple
September 12th, 2009, 10:11 PM
We'll see come Wednesday. One scary thing, Higgins, while not as good as Bradford, is probably just as good as Bradford's backup.

Glaring issue though is 7 INTs through 2 games.

About a 7% Int rate, which isn't horrible, but not great.

Canyoncat
September 12th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Canyoncat... where are you buddy? xlolx

Right here big guyxrolleyesx

Man, our offense needs a lot more work and those personal fouls had better get cleaned up! No excuses, we had better start playing better or we are in for a long season!

By the way, I just got back and didn't have a chance until now to reply. :D

Screamin_Eagle174
September 13th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Right here big guyxrolleyesx

Man, our offense needs a lot more work and those personal fouls had better get cleaned up! No excuses, we had better start playing better or we are in for a long season!

By the way, I just got back and didn't have a chance until now to reply. :D

Like I said before the game, MSU has a good D, but no O. After that game though, I wonder if your defense isn't quite as good as it was made out to be... xeyebrowx

JALMOND
September 13th, 2009, 02:25 PM
So I came through the first week perfect (8-0), but the games were pretty easy to pick. This week, they start getting tougher as we start to see some non conference FCS opponents showing up on the slate. There still are some FBS and DII games to give me a good chance of coming out fine. That said, here they are. All are my opinion and all are open for discussion.

EWU @ California---The Eagles put to rest their victory last week and head to Berkeley to face Pac-10 Cal. The Eagles were finally able to distance themselves from DII Western Oregon while Cal was dismantling the ACC's Maryland. Any chance for the Eagles in this game? Oh, slim to none...Cal 42, EWU 7.

ISU @ Oklahoma---This game hinges on one thing. Not if the Bengals can somehow win this game, but how mad the Sooners are after losing to BYU last week. Heisman winner Bradford no doubt will not play this week, giving the Bengals hope. A slight hope...Oklahoma 45, ISU 3.

UM @ UC-Davis---Looking at last week could skew the thinking in this game. The Grizzlies more or less walked through their game against Western State while UC-Davis was getting manhandled by Fresno State. But with basically the same team last year, the Aggies gave the Grizzlies all they wanted in Missoula. Also, just like the Grizzlies, the Aggies are tougher at home. Far from easy...UM 30, UC-Davis 28.

Dixie State @ MSU---Just about everything that could go wrong last week for the Bobcats did. The defense could not slow Michigan State down and the offense could not get started. Consequently the Bobcats came home with more questions. This week, the home opener against DII Dixie State. A good chance to answer those questions...MSU 31, Dixie State 7.

NAU @ Arizona---While everyone else was getting a taste of action, the Jacks decided to extend fall practice one week. Whether the week off helped them remains to be seen. They head to Arizona to take on the Pac-10 Wildcats. So much for the openers...Arizona 38, NAU 10.

San Diego @ UNC---Hard to distinguish where you are when you are getting punished by Kansas, but the Bears head home this week against FCS non-scholly San Diego. Should be a good barometer as to where they are heading, but the Torerros beat them in Greeley a couple years back. If the Bears want to make headway in the conference, they need this game...UNC 20, San Diego 17.

Southern Oregon @ PSU---Good things came out of the Vikings game with Oregon State, but points were still tough to come by. This week, the Vikings get to see where they are when they are the favorite as they welcome NAIA's Southern Oregon to Portland. The NAIA has already stolen a game from the FCS. Not this time...PSU 35, Southern Oregon 10.

Sac State @ Cal Poly---Fresh from the pounding in the desert, the Hornets head south to Cal Poly, hoping to put last week behind them. Losing Hilliard looks to be bigger than previously thought as the Hornet offense was stagnant. This week the Hornets hope to get on the right track. But, it is still Cal Poly...Cal Poly 28, Sac State 14.

WSU @ Colorado State---Last week, the Wildcats found their upset bid foiled, mainly by the five interceptions. This week, they stay in the Mountain West and head to Colorado State, facing a team that look really impressive against their bigger in-state brother. As last week, the Wildcats can win this game, but the best chance for an upset was last week...Colorado State 31, WSU 20.

A bit nervous (no fingernails left) but still perfect (9-0 for the week, 17-0 overall). Thank you "Bears", both UNC and UM.xthumbsupx

Screamin_Eagle174
September 13th, 2009, 03:01 PM
A bit nervous (no fingernails left) but still perfect (9-0 for the week, 17-0 overall). Thank you "Bears", both UNC and UM.xthumbsupx

Don't forget them Cal Bears. We scared them with the threat of upset...

In the first quarter.
xlolxxlolxxlolx

Screamin_Eagle174
September 13th, 2009, 06:22 PM
My picks, as posted on CS.com:

The two closest games are going to be Northern Colorado against San Diego, and Montana against UC-Davis, respectively.

My picks:

EWU 24 vs. California 52

ISU 0 vs. Oklahoma 48

UM 31 vs. UC-Davis 24

NAU 17 vs. Arizona 45

San Diego 24 vs. UNC 20

Correct Pick
Incorrect Pick
Actual Score
(-123): Difference between predicted and actual point spread
__________________________________________________ __
EWU 24 vs. California 52
EWU 7 vs. California 59 (-24)
ISU 0 vs. Oklahoma 48
ISU 0 vs. Oklahoma 64 (-16)
UM 31 vs. UC-Davis 24
UM 17 vs. UC-Davis 10 (-0) :D
Dixie State 20 vs. MSU 23 ( xlolx ) (-21)
NAU 17 vs. Arizona 45
NAU 17 vs. Arizona 34 (-11)
San Diego 24 vs. UNC 20
San Diego 12 vs. UNC 31 (-15)
Southern Oregon 10 vs. PSU 34 (-11)
Sac State 19 vs. Cal Poly 38 (-9)
WSU 23 vs. Colorado State 24 (-13)
__________________________________________________ __

This week: 8-1
Overall: 16-1
Avg. Point Spread Error: 13.3 pts (12.1 last week)

For schnitz and giggles, thought I'd keep a detailed record of how I do; I've never done this before. xrolleyesx xthumbsupx