PDA

View Full Version : Gardner-Webb vs Western Carolina

EagleDawg
September 9th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Gameday just a little over 80 hours away. Some Catamount posters over on the WCU forum are predicting anything from a 10+ point win for the Cats to a disappointing loss to the Runnin Bulldogs. GWU brings a talented defense and balanced offensive team to Cullowee for the matchup. The Cats have some DL players who are likely to miss the game due to injury or illness. The right side of the Cats O-line is a little undersized and may have a tough night against a big and physical front seven for the Runnin Dawgs.

If the Cats struggle to get in the endzone early, then the pressure will build for a offense who was shut out last week at Vandy. Should the Cats fall behind early and become overly reliant on the pass, the Runnin Dawgs Defensive pressure can cause a lot of problems for Zach Jaynes. I like the Runnin Dawgs by a score of 27-20 over the Cats.

EagleDawg
September 15th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Well, the blind squirrel found the nut on this one. The game and final score matched up exactly with my pre-game prediction. I'll go out on a limb and try again this week with GW vs NC State over in that thread. I think I'll keep my day job though.xcoffeex

catamount man
September 15th, 2009, 07:39 PM
I hope you guys knock off NCSU. Will be rooting for you the rest of the year. xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

EagleDawg
September 15th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Catamount Man - Thanks for the good wishes. The Runnin Bulldogs were fortunate to get out of Cullowhee with the win after the Cats seized momentum mid-way in the second half. The Runnin Bulldogs will need to play well and get their share of breaks to bag a successful season of 8-3 or better. The Big South Conference is improving but has yet to show consistency top to bottom. Liberty's win against Elon last season and GW's win last Saturday are a start but better recruiting and conference expansion will be key as the conference matures. Good luck to the Cats the rest of the way. Go get one this weekend at GSU.