PDA

View Full Version : CSN Down South: The Rising Star of Texas State

CSN-info
September 8th, 2009, 11:01 PM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/skins/andreas_01/img/DOWNSOUTH.JPG

CSN Down South: The Rising Star of Texas State
By Jason Plotkin, CSN Down South Columnist

In San Marcos, Texas State University runs a campaign calling themselves “the rising star of Texas.”

Last Saturday, this was the case, both on the field and off for the Bobcats’ athletic program and in particular, the football team.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/09/08/csn-down-south-the-rising-star-of-texas?blog=5)

PaladinFan
September 9th, 2009, 06:44 AM
What is the seating capacity of TSU's stadium?

TexasTerror
September 9th, 2009, 07:17 AM
What is the seating capacity of TSU's stadium?

TXST's Bobcat Stadium holds just around 16,000...

The capacity of the stadium is 15,218 but will grow to over 16,000 beginning with the 2009 season with the addition of a new Westside expansion including a three-tier structure that features, a premium club seating level with 450 open-air seats and a suite level with 15 luxury suites.

PaladinFan
September 9th, 2009, 09:14 AM
TXST's Bobcat Stadium holds just around 16,000...

That was my guess.

JoshUCA
September 9th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Did I just miss it, or was there no mention of UCA vs Hawaii?

TexasTerror
September 9th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Did I just miss it, or was there no mention of UCA vs Hawaii?

No mention of the game amongst the 'storylines'. Not all SLC games were mentioned in that area of the article, just the games that had some interest. UCA-Hawaii was a barn burner, but you know how these CSN guys are - they love their FCS vs FCS.

No SLU-A&M-Commerce either.

chrisattsu
September 9th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Good article Jason. I really enjoyed the read.

Call it self-aggrandizing, but I have been happy with all of the positive press we have gotten out of this week in regards to the facility improvements, the athletic and academic donations, as well as the home crowd attendance.