Richmond 31 - Delaware 21
Massachusetts 24 - Albany 14
Maryland 31 - James Madison 14
Villanova 35 - Lehigh 10
Ball State 28 - New Hampshire 24
William & Mary 31 - Central Connecticut State 7

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 8th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Wonder if MM feels dumb for throwing away an opportunity for an ACC win last year and if he is going to open the playbook versus Maryland as bad as they looked in the opener.

Spider
September 8th, 2009, 08:17 AM
SPIDAHS OVER HENS

WMTribe90
September 8th, 2009, 08:23 AM
I think MM better recognize that he can't afford to throw away an opportunity for a winnable ACC game. With three FBS wins already in the CAA South, it is very possible an 8-3 squad from the CAA will miss the playoffs. A win over an FBS opponent is an easy distinction to make when deciding between two candidates with identical records.

andy7171
September 8th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Whats more, is that Maryland is very young and will think of this game as an easy win to recover from the a$$kicking they received this past weekend.

Maryland alwasy plays up or down to their competition.

JMU is in PRIME position to upset the Twerps.

OL FU
September 8th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Maine 24 - Northeastern 10
Hofstra 31 - Bryant 7
Richmond 31 - Delaware 21
Villanova 35 - Lehigh 10
William & Mary 31 - Central Connecticut State 7

Not going to quibble with a point or two difference of opinion. Those picks look pretty straight on. Hopefully UNH just had an emotional let down against St Francisxeekx or that game might be worse.

89Hen
September 8th, 2009, 08:37 AM
With three FBS wins already in the CAA South, it is very possible an 8-3 squad from the CAA will miss the playoffs.
xeyebrowx

89Hen
September 8th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Not going to quibble with a point or two difference of opinion. Those picks look pretty straight on. Hopefully UNH just had an emotional let down against St Francisxeekx or that game might be worse.
I watched a little of the BallSt loss to North Texas and they look pretty bad. xsmhx

I'd love to see UNH get their 5th win in a row over a I-AA, but I think the streak ends this year.

89Hen
September 8th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Maryland alwasy plays up or down to their competition.
Except for last week. xwhistlex

OL FU
September 8th, 2009, 08:41 AM
I watched a little of the BallSt loss to North Texas and they look pretty bad. xsmhx

I'd love to see UNH get their 5th win in a row over a I-AA, but I think the streak ends this year.

Would they have only beaten St Francis by a fewxconfusedx

Understand not arguing but that was probably one of the more surprising scores I saw this weekend.

PS, I would love for them to get another one also. I root for anyone that beats Marshallxthumbsupx

89Hen
September 8th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Would they have only beaten St Francis by a fewxconfusedx

Understand not arguing but that was probably one of the more surprising scores I saw this weekend.
You? I had UNH winning 63-7 in the CAA prediction thread. I think UNH is better than last week.

OL FU
September 8th, 2009, 08:51 AM
You? I had UNH winning 63-7 in the CAA prediction thread. I think UNH is better than last week.

Let's hope soxthumbsupx

andy7171
September 8th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Except for last week. xwhistlex

That game had REVENGE written all over it. Cal got ambushed by an early morning(11am) game on the East Coast.

I would be willing to bet the cocky young Terps are looking at an easy week vs. the Dukes. Ripe for the picking.

93henfan
September 8th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Maine 31 - Northeastern 20
Hofstra 34 - Bryant 10
Delaware 23 - Richmond 20 (OT)
Massachusetts 24 - Albany 17
Maryland 35 - James Madison 16
Villanova 31 - Lehigh 14
Ball State 27 - New Hampshire 14
William & Mary 38 - Central Connecticut State 10

EmeryZach
September 8th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Black Bear Cubs 17 - Sled Dogs 14
Flying Dutch Lions 28 - Golden Puppies 14
Black Widows 37 - Devlin's Poultry Farm 21
Don Brown's Defense 17 - Mickey Matthews' Offense 14
Bill Cosby's Nightmare 42 - LiLo 7
FBS Destroyers 32 - Rocky Mountain Oyster State 27
The Happy Couple 34 - The Better Blue Devils 0
Haven's Heroes 21 - McCarty's Back 14

Rob Iola
September 8th, 2009, 09:29 AM
I think MM better recognize that he can't afford to throw away an opportunity for a winnable ACC game. With three FBS wins already in the CAA South, it is very possible an 8-3 squad from the CAA will miss the playoffs. A win over an FBS opponent is an easy distinction to make when deciding between two candidates with identical records.

I'm sure this has been discussed to death around here, but is it mathematically possible for 5 teams from the CAA South to go 8-3 or better this season? And to have 7 teams from the CAA (Richmond, Nova, JMU, W&M, UD, UMass, and UNH) go to the playoffs. I know that Delaware's the weak sister in this group and could easily end up under .500, but with their defense and QB they've got a fighting chance...

mcveyrl
September 8th, 2009, 09:35 AM
I'm sure this has been discussed to death around here, but is it mathematically possible for 5 teams from the CAA South to go 8-3 or better this season? And to have 7 teams from the CAA (Richmond, Nova, JMU, W&M, UD, UMass, and UNH) go to the playoffs. I know that Delaware's the weak sister in this group and could easily end up under .500, but with their defense and QB they've got a fighting chance...

I think that 5 teams could go 8-3, but haven't worked that out. I think each team could go 2-2 among the top 5 and then beat everybody else.

Not sure, though.

For JMU it comes down to this: We need wins anywhere we can find them. We need to play like that.

OL FU
September 8th, 2009, 09:38 AM

This doesn't take anything away from the strength of the CAA, but that is one of the biggest problems of not playing every team in the conference. xnodx

mcveyrl
September 8th, 2009, 09:45 AM
This doesn't take anything away from the strength of the CAA, but that is one of the biggest problems of not playing every team in the conference. xnodx

Wouldn't this problem be possible in any conference? The top 5 teams could go 2-2 against each other (again, assuming this works mathematically) and then they would all be 8-3?

OL FU
September 8th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Wouldn't this problem be possible in any conference? The top 5 teams could go 2-2 against each other (again, assuming this works mathematically) and then they would all be 8-3?

Probably, don't want to take the time to figure it out, but it certainly helps when you don't play all the teams. Makes the mathematics much more probable. xnodx

and once again, not a knock the CAA certainly seems loaded as always. Just more of a hope that the Socon doesn't add football teams:oxtwocentsx

89Hen
September 8th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Probably, don't want to take the time to figure it out, but it certainly helps when you don't play all the teams. Makes the mathematics much more probable. xnodx
Stats math makes my head hurt, but I think you are incorrect. All CAA teams play 8 conference games, just like any conference that has at least 9 teams. Maybe the fact that there are 12 teams makes it mathematically possible for there to be more 3 loss teams, but not the fact that they don't all play each other. OUCH. See? xoopsx

89Hen
September 8th, 2009, 10:02 AM
I'm sure this has been discussed to death around here, but is it mathematically possible for 5 teams from the CAA South to go 8-3 or better this season?
With W&M, VU and UR all beating their I-A opponents, I think that's possible. xeyebrowx

Hoyadestroya85
September 8th, 2009, 11:16 AM
With W&M, VU and UR all beating their I-A opponents, I think that's possible. xeyebrowx

JMU and UD both have their (beatable) I-A opponents remaining, correct?

89Hen
September 8th, 2009, 11:17 AM
JMU and UD both have their (beatable) I-A opponents remaining, correct?
Yes, but I think with 3 already doing it, the math can work out.

Dukie95
September 8th, 2009, 11:36 AM
I'm sure this has been discussed to death around here, but is it mathematically possible for 5 teams from the CAA South to go 8-3 or better this season?

Sure.

If we assume that those 5 teams all beat the 6th, and each loses to only one other among them, they're all 4-1 in the CAA south.

You can then tack on any other CAA North and OOC games and you could conceivably still have 5 teams with 10-1 records.

There are four teams that could still lose up to three CAA South games and still have all of them with an 8-3 or better record.

Edit: Sorry, I see the confusion.

OverThePylon
September 8th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Wanted to share the first of several FCS posts on our site this week. BSU is playing New Hampshire, but we've also had a preview of the Maine Black Bears already. Should be a good game for the Cards and Cats as much as I hope it isn't.

http://overthepylon.net/2009/09/08/better-know-new-hampshire/

89Hen
September 8th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Sure.

If we assume that those 5 teams all beat the 6th, and each beats only one other among them, they're all 4-1 in the CAA south.
xconfusedx xconfusedx

OL FU
September 8th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Stats math makes my head hurt, but I think you are incorrect. All CAA teams play 8 conference games, just like any conference that has at least 9 teams. Maybe the fact that there are 12 teams makes it mathematically possible for there to be more 3 loss teams, but not the fact that they don't all play each other. OUCH. See? xoopsx

you could be right and in fact I care enough about it (even though I brought it up) to say you are whether it is the truth or notxlolx

GoBlueHens83
September 8th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Maine 24 - Northeastern 17
Hofstra 28 - Bryant 10
Delaware 20 - Richmond 17
Massachusetts 31 - Albany 21
Maryland 21 - James Madison 14
Villanova 31 - Lehigh 7
New Hampshire 24 - Ball State 20
William & Mary 35 - Central Connecticut State 17

89Hen
September 8th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Wanted to share the first of several FCS posts on our site this week. BSU is playing New Hampshire, but we've also had a preview of the Maine Black Bears already. Should be a good game for the Cards and Cats as much as I hope it isn't.

http://overthepylon.net/2009/09/08/better-know-new-hampshire/
Welcome back OTP. Nice to see some people on the other side recognize a good opponent when they have one. xthumbsupx

Dukie95
September 8th, 2009, 11:49 AM
xconfusedx xconfusedx

The 5 teams in question all beat the 6th.

The 5 teams in question all lose only once to another within the set.

I didn't want to assign names to this, but we all know who the odd man out here is. ;)

Richmond, Towson, W&M, Villanova and Delaware all beat JMU. JMU is 0-5 in the CAA South

Richmond loses to Towson
Towson loses to W&M
W&M loses to Nova
Nova loses to UD
UD loses to UR

Each of those teams is now 4-1

89Hen
September 8th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Sure.

If we assume that those 5 teams all beat the 6th, and each beats only one other among them, they're all 4-1 in the CAA south.

You can then tack on any other CAA North and OOC games and you could conceivably still have 5 teams with 10-1 records.

There are four teams that could still lose up to three CAA South games and still have all of them with an 8-3 or better record.

Not what you said. :)

89Hen
September 8th, 2009, 11:55 AM

I didn't want to assign names to this, but we all know who the odd man out here is. ;)

Richmond, Towson, W&M, Villanova and Delaware all beat JMU. JMU is 0-5 in the CAA South

Richmond loses to Towson
Towson loses to W&M
W&M loses to Nova
Nova loses to UD
UD loses to UR

You fixed your quote, but this still doesn't work. Take the first one. You're saying Richmond loses to Towson but beats everyone else. Then you say W&M loses to Nova, but they've lost to Richmond too per the first line. xnonox

Like I said earlier, stats math make my head hurt.

mcveyrl
September 8th, 2009, 11:58 AM
You fixed your quote, but this still doesn't work. Take the first one. You're saying Richmond loses to Towson but beats everyone else. Then you say W&M loses to Nova, but they've lost to Richmond too per the first line. xnonox

Like I said earlier, stats math make my head hurt.

Yea, I think for anything to work, everybody's gotta lose twice. And even then i don't know.

Dukie95
September 8th, 2009, 11:59 AM
nevermind..I suck at life. ;) or at least math.

89Hen
September 8th, 2009, 12:00 PM
There have to be an equal number of wins and losses.

bostonspider
September 8th, 2009, 12:01 PM

Richmond loses to Towson
Towson loses to W&M
W&M loses to Nova
Nova loses to UD
UD loses to UR

That does not work as what happens when UR plays Nova or W&M, someone has to lose. There is not a way for everyone to be 4-1... now everyone but say Towson could be 3-2 in the south, and sweep their 3 north games. So you could get 5 CAA south teams at 6-2 in conference, and conceivably 9-2 or 8-3 overall.
Then the North Champ would be at best 5-3 in conference, and would likely not make the playoffs..

Dukie95
September 8th, 2009, 12:02 PM
No, it's not. There have to be an equal number of wins and losses. You have 20 wins and 10 losses.

Wow..you're fast...you can respond quicker than I can realize I don't know what I'm talking about.

89Hen
September 8th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Wow..you're fast...you can respond quicker than I can realize I don't know what I'm talking about.
I see you deleted it... I edited mine so there was no evidence. We all suck at math. xsmiley_wix

mcveyrl
September 8th, 2009, 12:04 PM

I think that's a qualification to be a politician. Congrats.

saint0917
September 8th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Maine 27 - Northeastern 13
Hofstra 35 - Bryant 7
Richmond 31 - Delaware 17
Massachusetts 30 - Albany 7
Villanova 35 - Lehigh 17
William & Mary 35 - Central Connecticut State 7

89Hen
September 8th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Wanted to share the first of several FCS posts on our site this week.
BTW, followed a link on your blog and found a lot more knowing BSU fans...

http://www.bsufans.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB_14&file=index&action=viewtopic&topic=18826&19

Any ranked FCS team can play solidly in the MAC or Sun Belt Conference, and possibly cause havoc in the lower tier of the Big Ten.

JMU Newbill
September 8th, 2009, 12:53 PM
JMU won't show up against Maryland. Not to mention Maryland will be playing for their lives after that beat down. They cannot afford to go 0-2, 1 loss to an FCS team and 1 loss by 40. I also don't subscribe to what Matthews has been saying about alternating qb's during the game. To me, that's not a winning strategy. Hopefully he means just for the Maryland game. But to me, it sounds more like its turning into a tryout session and not the first game of the year.

I expect JMU to lose handily, probably similar to the 31-7 score from last year against Duke.

Other predictions as follows:

Maine 21 - Northeastern 10
Hofstra 28 - Bryant 14
Richmond 28 - Delaware 24
Massachusetts 35 - Albany 10
Villanova 38 - Lehigh 7
Ball State 24 - New Hampshire 23
William & Mary 35 - Central Connecticut State 3

WrenFGun
September 8th, 2009, 12:55 PM
..hard to imagine UNH playing worse, so I think they'll make a game of what appears to be a Bad Ball State Team.

If any team is going to take an FBS down, it's UNH. Five in a row would be incredible. It's really unbelievable as is.

Monarch History
September 8th, 2009, 01:16 PM
My picks for this weeks games:

W&M
Maine
Hofstra
Richmond
Massachusetts
Maryland
Villanova
New Hampshire

89Hen
September 8th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Monarch, I should probably include you guys in this each week, maybe with an asterisk. You do have "CAA" on your field. :)

89Hen
September 8th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Old Dominion 27 - Virginia Union 24

BDKJMU
September 8th, 2009, 04:07 PM

No 8-3 from the CAA with a I-A on the schedule and no DII isn't going to make the playoffs.

Even the last 2 years when there was 5 from the CAA in both times the 5th team had 4 losses. I don't think the CAA will get 5 in with a 7-4, but an 8 Division I win 8-3 ain't gonna be left out either. The only team with a DII on the schedule is UD...

BDKJMU
September 8th, 2009, 04:09 PM

In your scenario UD would be the only one at 8-3 without 8 Div I wins.

BDKJMU
September 8th, 2009, 04:15 PM

Richmond loses to Towson
Towson loses to W&M
W&M loses to Nova
Nova loses to UD
UD loses to UR

xconfusedxxconfusedxxconfusedxxconfusedxxconfusedx xconfusedx

It is MATHEMATICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for more than 3 teams for finish 4-1 in the CAA South amongst each other. xrolleyesx

Uncle Buck
September 8th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Northeastern 21 - Maine 20
Hofstra 35 - Bryant 13
Richmond 28 - Delaware 24
Massachusetts 27 - Albany 21
Maryland 32 - James Madison 20
Villanova 42 - Lehigh 17
New Hampshire 21 - Ball State 17
William & Mary 37 - Central Connecticut State 14
Old Dominion 27 - Virginia Union 23

danefan
September 8th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Man no love for Albany. Do you guys predicting a 2 or 3 TD win for UMass really think that UMass is that much better than GSU (and thus that much better than Albany)?

GoBlueHens83
September 8th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Maine 24 - Northeastern 17
Hofstra 28 - Bryant 10
Delaware 20 - Richmond 17
Massachusetts 31 - Albany 21
Maryland 21 - James Madison 14
Villanova 31 - Lehigh 7
New Hampshire 24 - Ball State 20
William & Mary 35 - Central Connecticut State 17

Can't forget ODU!

Old Dominion 31 - Virginia Union 21

BDKJMU
September 8th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Wonder if MM feels dumb for throwing away an opportunity for an ACC win last year and if he is going to open the playbook versus Maryland as bad as they looked in the opener.

"Mickey Matthews has heard the talk. Fans wonder if he holds back some of his playbook against Division I-A opponents. Reporters ask if he treats those dates like preseason games.

Monday, Matthews tried to put that speculation to rest as the Dukes prepared for Saturday's season-opener at Maryland.

"We're going to do everything we can to win the game," Matthews, James Madison's football coach, said at his first weekly press conference of the season.....

......Asked how much of the playbook he's instructed his staff to unveil Saturday, Matthews said, "Everything we've got."......

.....After practice Monday at Bridgeforth Stadium, the Dukes' players said the notion that Matthews doesn't care about winning against I-A foes is off base.

"That's absolutely false," senior guard Dorian Brooks said. "The past two years I've been here, against Duke and UNC, we could have won those games, but it's been the recurring theme of fumbles and just turnovers in general. For people to say that, that's not true."

Madison committed three turnovers each in losses to Duke and North Carolina." (plus the 2 blocked punts against UNC)

""A game is a game. He wants us to win all our games," junior safety Griff Yancey said. "As far as a I-A game, he's not going to hype it up, especially during two-a-days, because that's not our focus. Our focus is to get better. But when the game week starts, he's pushing us."........"

http://www.dnronline.com/sports_details.php?AID=40572&CHID=3&sub=

Longhorn
September 8th, 2009, 04:47 PM

xeyebrowx No CAA South team that puts up an 8-3 record will be left out of the playoffs. Not a snowball's chance in Hades.

Rob Iola
September 8th, 2009, 04:54 PM
In your scenario UD would be the only one at 8-3 without 8 Div I wins.
I'm guessing that in a numbers game squeeze UD with 7 DI wins (8-3 overall) might get dropped, given the ill feelings between the NCAA and Dover.

WMTribe90
September 8th, 2009, 04:58 PM
No 8-3 from the CAA with a I-A on the schedule and no DII isn't going to make the playoffs.

Even the last 2 years when there was 5 from the CAA in both times the 5th team had 4 losses. I don't think the CAA will get 5 in with a 7-4, but an 8 Division I win 8-3 ain't gonna be left out either. The only team with a DII on the schedule is UD...

Right, and until 2007, virtually everybody said there was no way one conference gets 5 teams in the playoffs. I'll agree is not likely, but its easy to envision a scenario where this could occur when we still have a sixteen team field.

If there are more than eight at-large candidates with 8-3 records from the "power" conferences than obviously some 8-3 team will be left out. Now the CAA was as lucky as we were good the last two years in that we benefitted from a lack of other qualified at-large candidates from the power conferences. These were near perfect storms that allowed us to place four at-large teams into the field. Now assume this year that the committee is forced to choose between a second Southland team, a third SoCon team or a second Bky Sky squad over a sixth CAA squad. How can you be so confident that the committee will take a fifth or sixth CAA squad over these other 8-3 teams? Again, someone will be left out and it would be interesting to see if the committee awards the team with the IA win or punishes the same team for having three IAA losses. I'd bet on the former.

tribe_pride
September 8th, 2009, 04:59 PM
xeyebrowx No CAA South team that puts up an 8-3 record will be left out of the playoffs. Not a snowball's chance in Hades.

Agreed to everyone that disagreed with the 8-3 being left out BUT 7-4 is a completely different story. Having a loss in the MD game (or Navy game for Delaware) will only give those teams 2 possible losses for the rest of the season and nobody goes undefeated in the CAA (especially the South this year)

WMTribe90
September 8th, 2009, 05:00 PM
No CAA South team that puts up an 8-3 record will be left out of the playoffs. Not a snowball's chance in Hades.

More of a true statement five years ago, before the arrival of Liberty, Elon, Cal Poly, NDSU, UC Davis, UCA (coming soon), SDSU, rise of the CAA, etc...

More quality teams vying for the same number of spots, something will have to give when push comes to shove.

paward
September 8th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Back to the subject at hand, My Picks:

Maine 21 - Northeastern 20
Hofstra 31 - Bryant 17
Richmond 28 - Delaware 7
Massachusetts 21 - Albany 17
James Madison 27 - Maryland 24 OT
Villanova 35 - Lehigh 7
New Hampshire 31 - Ball State 28 Late FG get it
William & Mary 32 - Central Connecticut State 3

BDKJMU
September 8th, 2009, 05:42 PM

Ditto (provided 8 Div I wins)

BDKJMU
September 8th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Right, and until 2007, virtually everybody said there was no way one conference gets 5 teams in the playoffs. I'll agree is not likely, but its easy to envision a scenario where this could occur when we still have a sixteen team field.

If there are more than eight at-large candidates with 8-3 records from the "power" conferences than obviously some 8-3 team will be left out. Now the CAA was as lucky as we were good the last two years in that we benefitted from a lack of other qualified at-large candidates from the power conferences. These were near perfect storms that allowed us to place four at-large teams into the field. Now assume this year that the committee is forced to choose between a second Southland team, a third SoCon team or a second Bky Sky squad over a sixth CAA squad. How can you be so confident that the committee will take a fifth or sixth CAA squad over these other 8-3 teams? Again, someone will be left out and it would be interesting to see if the committee awards the team with the IA win or punishes the same team for having three IAA losses. I'd bet on the former.

In that case it would come down to who was dumb enough to schedule a DII and therefore only had 7 Div I wins. UD is the only CAA with a DII. Not sure about the other power conferences.

BDKJMU
September 8th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Back to the subject at hand, My Picks:

Maine 21 - Northeastern 20
Hofstra 31 - Bryant 17
Richmond 28 - Delaware 7
Massachusetts 21 - Albany 17
James Madison 27 - Maryland 24 OT
Villanova 35 - Lehigh 7
New Hampshire 31 - Ball State 28 Late FG get it
William & Mary 32 - Central Connecticut State 3

xeyebrowxxeyebrowxxeyebrowx I wish I had that much optimism....

Rob Iola
September 8th, 2009, 06:54 PM
I think JMU's gonna beat MD too...

smcwildcat
September 8th, 2009, 08:00 PM
my theory is that unh was playing very and unusally conservative....therefore they were hiding the packages and formations etc. for the ball state game

Nebuta
September 8th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Maine over Northeastern - Mike Brusko will have a big game.
Hofstra over Bryant - Hofstra gets its roster down to 53 :P as 2nd and 3rd string try to impress to keep a roster spot :P win by more then 2 scores
UR over the Hens. Just too early in the season for Devlin to be a hero and pull off the upset. As he still trying to learn KC's system. Hens defense keeps it respectable.
Massachusetts over Albany. Riding the mighty "mo" of the close win at Topeka, UMass gets its first win of the season
JMU over MD. Terps still licking their wounds from Cali game. CAA 3-0 vs ACC this year.
Villanova rolls Leigh. Leigh will be like a one legged man in an arse kicking contest. This will be done by the start of the 3rd quarter
Ball State over UNH. I have love for CAA, but not that much love.
William & Mary over CCS. W&M is just too good this year as they will be a major player and who wins the CAA south crow and outright CAA title.

WMTribe90
September 8th, 2009, 08:35 PM
In that case it would come down to who was dumb enough to schedule a DII and therefore only had 7 Div I wins. UD is the only CAA with a DII. Not sure about the other power conferences.

True, this may be the year where the WC series catches up with UD and costs them a playoff bid, but there is also a very real possibility that the selection committee will be forced to choose between two 8-3 teams for the final spot that both played an all DI schedule. And I wouldn't be so sure they take a fifth or possible sixth CAA squad over a second or third team from the SoCon, Southland, MVC or Big Sky. Things have broken well late in the season for two years running to enable the CAA to even get 5. I'll leave it here, since were just one week in obviously, but I think these IA wins are going to make things real interesting coming down the stretch.

VT Wildcat Fan53
September 8th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Maine 35, Northeastern 21. King Turcotte runs for 200 yds & 4 TD's and Bears go to 2-0
Hofstra 45, Bryant 3. Hofstra preps for next week.
Richmond 38, Delaware 24. Hens are good, but not good enough vs. #1.
Albany 21, UMass 20. Upset special. Coach Ford pulls off another stunner!
Maryland 17, James Madison 14. CAA just misses on this one, but JMU shows very well.
Villanova 48, Lehigh 10. Oops, CCSU game wasn't a fluke as Ngineers continue to sputter.
New Hampshire 35, Ball State 34. Both teams find their offense. UNH gets most of its 6 missing starters back and goes for 5 in a row vs FBS
William & Mary 24, Central Connecticut 14. CCSU is pretty good, but W&M is better -- and in a groove
Virginia Union 14, Old Dominion 10. Better times are ahead for Coach Wilder's gang.

CAAisBOSS
September 8th, 2009, 08:42 PM
WM beats CCSU but less than they beat UVA?? xeyebrowx

BDKJMU
September 8th, 2009, 08:45 PM
True, this may be the year where the WC series catches up with UD and costs them a playoff bid, but there is also a very real possibility that the selection committee will be forced to choose between two 8-3 teams for the final spot that both played an all DI schedule. And I wouldn't be so sure they take a fifth or possible sixth CAA squad over a second or third team from the SoCon, Southland, MVC or Big Sky. Things have broken well late in the season for two years running to enable the CAA to even get 5. I'll leave it here, since were just one week in obviously, but I think these IA wins are going to make things real interesting coming down the stretch.

CLOSE to mathematically impossible 6 CAA will end up 8 Div I wins or better (remember UD would have to have 9). HIGHLY UNLIKELY 5 CAA with 8 DIV I wins or better.

-Remember 2 of the top 4 So-Con contenders (Wofford and Furman) playing 2 I-A.
-Another top 5 So-Con contender GSU is playing the 3rd preseason pick in the MVFC SDSU.
-Probably the 3rd best team in the Big Sky, EWU, is playoff ineligible due to probabtion
-Winner of the Southland, and one of the top 3, if not the best team in the Southland this season, UCA, is playoff ineligible.
-Another top 3 Southland, McNeese, is going to have 2 OOC losses (ASU this weekend and Tulane).
-Patriot or MEAC won't get an AT Large unless they have 9 wins. And 9 wins probably wins the AQ in those conferences.

No CAA (with the possible exception of UD) needs to have any concern about being left out at 8-3. Just need to worry about getting to 8-3..

VT Wildcat Fan53
September 8th, 2009, 08:48 PM

Letdowns happen, .... but, not enough to be upset. ie: UNH slipping by St Fran

UNH Fanboi
September 8th, 2009, 08:58 PM
my theory is that unh was playing very and unusally conservative....therefore they were hiding the packages and formations etc. for the ball state game

Shouldn't they still have been able to beat SF by more even if they were playing conservatively? And that doesn't really explain away the 3 INTs by Toman. I'm nervous about the rest of the season for sure.

93henfan
September 8th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Man no love for Albany. Do you guys predicting a 2 or 3 TD win for UMass really think that UMass is that much better than GSU (and thus that much better than Albany)?

Did you not see how many of us predicted a < 10 point margin?

Jackman
September 8th, 2009, 09:05 PM

Albany doesn't suck, they can definitely win that game, particularly if our QB and WRs continue to struggle with the concept of throw & catch and the Great Danes can overplay the run. That said, I'm predicting a 10 point UMass victory, but neither a blowout win nor a close loss would surprise me. Too soon to know what we've really got.

93henfan
September 8th, 2009, 09:12 PM
UD is the only CAA with a DII.

Don't forget Maine.

aceinthehole
September 8th, 2009, 09:52 PM

I'm not ready to predict an upset, but CCSU is coming to leave it all on the field. They've played in front of big crowds (at GSU, at NDSU, at WMU, etc.) and this team has a ton of seniors.

I'm hoping we got the jitters/kinks out in game 1. Our QB fumbled away the first 3 drives of the game (all in the red zone). We should have had at least 2 more scores last week.

1) I think we try to run a lot to limit W&M's TOP. We may not get a ton of points this way, but I have no doubt that our O line will hold their own and keep the chains moving a few times in the first half.

2) Our D scares me. We played a lot of man-press against LU's recievers and it worked. I don't think that will work vs the better athletes at W&M. However, we do force lots of TOs, and as long as we can slow you down , it limits the points you can rack up early.

3) If we can stay in the game and be a thorn in the side, anything can happen in the 2nd half. These guys won't be get down or lose confidence based on the score or any mistakes they make. The best thing the Tribe can do is overlook them.

4) Special teams can make or break a game. Field position and returns are variables that can make a good team look better.

In the end of the day, I guessing it ends something like 31-21 W&M.

EmeryZach
September 8th, 2009, 11:21 PM

Don't worry Dane, you guys scare the heck out of me. With McCarty in that backfield you guys are very dangerous. This game scares me bigtime. If we lose to you guys then we are in serious trouble. I think coach Morris knows how good you are and will prepare well for this one. I just hope the players don't under estimate your team.

Should be a good one.

jmufan999
September 8th, 2009, 11:42 PM
I'm not ready to predict an upset, but CCSU is coming to leave it all on the field. They've played in front of big crowds (at GSU, at NDSU, at WMU, etc.) and this team has a ton of seniors.

I'm hoping we got the jitters/kinks out in game 1. Our QB fumbled away the first 3 drives of the game (all in the red zone). We should have had at least 2 more scores last week.

1) I think we try to run a lot to limit W&M's TOP. We may not get a ton of points this way, but I have no doubt that our O line will hold their own and keep the chains moving a few times in the first half.

2) Our D scares me. We played a lot of man-press against LU's recievers and it worked. I don't think that will work vs the better athletes at W&M. However, we do force lots of TOs, and as long as we can slow you down , it limits the points you can rack up early.

3) If we can stay in the game and be a thorn in the side, anything can happen in the 2nd half. These guys won't be get down or lose confidence based on the score or any mistakes they make. The best thing the Tribe can do is overlook them.

4) Special teams can make or break a game. Field position and returns are variables that can make a good team look better.

yikes. yeah the 31 sounds about right for W&M.. not sure if it'll be that close though. you'll have a chance to prove it satuday, but i don't see it.

BDKJMU
September 8th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Don't forget Maine.

Oops, you're right. I believe UD was the only one initially, then Maine picked up St Cloud State this summer.

Ok, of the 7 most likely contenders for likely 4 maybe 5 CAA teams that will get in: 5 from the CAA South plus UNH and Mass, UD is the only one with a DII.

BDKJMU
September 8th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Don't worry Dane, you guys scare the heck out of me. With McCarty in that backfield you guys are very dangerous. This game scares me bigtime. If we lose to you guys then we are in serious trouble. I think coach Morris knows how good you are and will prepare well for this one. I just hope the players don't under estimate your team.

Should be a good one.

If Mass falls to 0-2 with UR, JMU, UD, UNH, still to play + Maine and Hofstra, yep, you'd basically kill any chance of making the playoffs. No CAA will make the playoffs with 2 OOC losses. Heck, it would be a struggle just to have a winning record...

Thats said, I think Mass wins this one.

UNHWildCats
September 9th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Shouldn't they still have been able to beat SF by more even if they were playing conservatively? And that doesn't really explain away the 3 INTs by Toman. I'm nervous about the rest of the season for sure.
weren't two of the picks on deflections?

Also with Kackert back in there him and Jellison could make a very explosive duo for that offense.

UNH Fanboi
September 9th, 2009, 12:26 AM
weren't two of the picks on deflections?

Also with Kackert back in there him and Jellison could make a very explosive duo for that offense.

You might be right, that video feed was horrible for me so I couldn't really follow the game that closely. Nevertheless, no team is ever at 100%, and if UNH is going to be a playoff team, I would expect them to play much better against a team that went 0-11 last year, even on an off week.

Wildcat80
September 9th, 2009, 04:01 AM

The question that will be answered this week is what is the REAL UNH offense--the 21 to 0 1st quarter explosion...or the lifeless 3 quarters vs SF? My guess is the former. Toman had two deflections for INT's, WR dropped balls that were on target, Kackert DNP, Sicko only had one catch, our OL now has some experience, along with our new coaches. On the plus side our defense played lights out!! Ware & Souza especially. Looks like the kicking game is in good shape too. UNH will be a better team in October than September. If the same Ball State shows up UNH wins 5 in a row over the FBS. GO CATS!!!xnodx

Ruler
September 9th, 2009, 08:15 AM
JEEEEEZZZ I can't believe we gave the Georgia Southern game away last week. That is an OOC game we are going to regret as we should of beaten them. We gave them 9 points with an INT returned to the house and a block XP to the house. GSU was not as good as I thought they would be. Or maybe Albany is better then I thought this year.

UMASS I suspect will be much better. It is a winnable game but remember the UMASS kids think they can hang with an FBS program so something has to give.

UMASS 31
Albany 17

But I am praying for a win. Even if we beat Maine next week after a loss to UMASS our playoff hopes are done.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 9th, 2009, 08:29 AM
JEEEEEZZZ I can't believe we gave the Georgia Southern game away last week. That is an OOC game we are going to regret as we should of beaten them. We gave them 9 points with an INT returned to the house and a block XP to the house. GSU was not as good as I thought they would be. Or maybe Albany is better then I thought this year.

UMASS I suspect will be much better. It is a winnable game but remember the UMASS kids think they can hang with an FBS program so something has to give.

UMASS 31
Albany 17

But I am praying for a win. Even if we beat Maine next week after a loss to UMASS our playoff hopes are done.

Oh come on...it's not like GSU had some big blunders between our missed FG and the 39 yard 4th and 1 TD where no one came within 10 feet of tackling Andrew Smith. Hope you guys take down your CAA foe this weekend and that the CAA takes down both of their FBS opponents this weekend. xthumbsupx

89Hen
September 9th, 2009, 09:34 AM
More of a true statement five years ago, before the arrival of Liberty, Elon, Cal Poly, NDSU, UC Davis, UCA (coming soon), SDSU, rise of the CAA, etc...

More quality teams vying for the same number of spots, something will have to give when push comes to shove.
Yes and no. UCA, NDSU, SDSU, Elon.... improving just means different teams in the Southland, Southern, MV... not necessarily more. With the Big South and NEC getting autos, there will also be two more at-larges, so they actually make it easier for the CAA, SoCon, MV, BSC, etc... to get in another team. xpeacex

89Hen
September 9th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Not for much longer. WCUPA will be gone in a couple more years. xthumbsupx

Historically speaking, the Big Sky has had the most DII's on the schedule, mostly because of travel issues and not enough I-AA's in the west. The MV was always a close second. This year the Big Sky (5) and MV (2) might have their lowest total DII games I can remember. The scheduling of DII's has gone down.

19Duke97
September 9th, 2009, 10:28 AM
I see it this way, not too many changes, though I think the JMU games will be more competitive. I think UD will hang tough will UR, but lose, and W&M may have a let down, but still win.

Maine 34 - Northeastern 14
Hofstra 28 - Bryant 14
Richmond 31 - Delaware 28
Maryland 24 - James Madison 21
Villanova 35 - Lehigh 10
Ball State 28 - New Hampshire 21
William & Mary 24 - Central Connecticut State 14

WrenFGun
September 9th, 2009, 10:38 AM
From a UNH perspective (and this is pretty concerning), I don't think there was a ton of separation between the wideouts and the corners, which was not surprising since we played Kevon Mason and Mike Greene the majority of the game, and both are more valuable for their length than their speed. Travis Negron has never struck me as a blazer, either. I think we missed J.T. Wright, and obviously Terrance Fox, but I don't know how much we'll get from either this season. It was unfortunate to see Chris Chandler on the sideline, again.

I would've liked to see more of Mangieri and Joey Orlando, though.

The OL did a good job of protecting Toman though I didn't think there was a ton of room to run. I did not like the repeated outside run calls against an undersized defense. I'll agree with those who said the offense was not creative, but I'll stop short of saying that was intentional. The defense was good, but it was inexplicable watching the 10-15 yard cushion that the St. Francis wideouts had. Against a good team, that's justified. The St. Francis QB struggled to throw the ball downfield and wasn't going to burn us deep.

JMU Newbill
September 9th, 2009, 10:50 AM
I see it this way, not too many changes, though I think the JMU games will be more competitive. I think UD will hang tough will UR, but lose, and W&M may have a let down, but still win.

Maine 34 - Northeastern 14
Hofstra 28 - Bryant 14
Richmond 31 - Delaware 28
Maryland 24 - James Madison 21
Villanova 35 - Lehigh 10
Ball State 28 - New Hampshire 21
William & Mary 24 - Central Connecticut State 14

I'm sorry guys... I want to be optimistic... but what JMU done in the past to warrant us thinking that this game is going to be close? I like JMU's chances to be a contender this year in FCS, I really do. But I just don't see us being competitive for a full game Saturday.

Pitz
September 9th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Maine 24 - Northeastern 21
Hofstra 37 - Bryant 10
Delaware 31 - Richmond 27
UMASS 35 - Albany 21
Maryland 30 - JMU 23
W&M 34 - Central Conn. St 13
Villanova 42 - Lehigh 10
New Hampshire 17 - Ball State 16

UNHFootballAlum
September 9th, 2009, 11:53 AM
UNH typically picks it largest chunks of yardage through through the air and if the Wr's cannot get separation, that is big trouble. IMHO, that is our biggest concern. Play calling needs to be more creative to get these guys in space and we need someone with quickness and speed like Dontra Peters to play WR and threaten the Defense deep.

WR that cannot get deep also bring the safeties closer to the line of scrimmage and that makes it impossible to run the ball.

Jackman
September 9th, 2009, 12:27 PM
UNH was just playing rope-a-dope. It was all about setting up Ball State. Nobody takes these FBS games more seriously than New Hampshire.

smcwildcat
September 9th, 2009, 12:40 PM
jackman i hope tpo god your right

NFLCB2
September 9th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Maine - Northeastern -Black Hole Cometh!
Hofstra - Bryant
Richmond - Delaware - Is this game on TV
Massachusetts - Albany
Maryland - James Madison
Villanova - Lehigh
Ball State - New Hampshire Dont let week 1 fool you
William & Mary - Central Connecticut State

GannonFan
September 9th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Maine 14 Northeastern 21: Count me in as worried about Maine this year. No reason that game should’ve been anywhere close last week, even with a casual approach to the game. Cosgrove’s always been a hot and cold coach and this year it may be cold again in Maine. I’m picking the Huskies.

Hofstra 35 Bryant 10: Hofstra might be decent this year. No reason to think they’ll struggle in this one.

Richmond 24 Delaware 28: Certainly a homer pick, but I’m allowed to be a homer. Last year, in Richmond, it was a 10 point game in the 4th quarter, in a game where Delaware managed all of 55 yards. With Devlin in the fold, look for the Hens to at least 6-tuple that yardage output. Delaware’s o-line may not create a running game, but they can pass protect and Devlin can find the open man. Duke passed for a lot on Richmond and I think Devlin does the same. UD’s defense will need to stop some of those long, grinding drives Richmond is capable of, and I think they step up at the end and do so.

Albany 21 Massachusetts 24: I think Albany is good, but UMass has a good track record of defending their house against regional teams. Not sure about UMass as I don’t have a good finger on whether K-State is any good, so last week could be a mirage, but I think they pull this one out.

James Madison 14 Maryland 35: JMU never gets up for the FBS games, and while Maryland is a shell of the team they were last year, they still have enough to beat a JMU team with questions. Replacing the QB, replacing much of the o-line, and seeing if they’ve improved the defense will remain questions until JMU plays an FCS team and tries to win.

Lehigh 7 villanova 35: Such is the state of the Patriot League. What once was a nice little OOC game turns into a snoozefest. nova is never threatened in this one.

New Hampshire 35 Ball St 34: I like UNH to continue their streak against FBS teams. Ball St. was great last year, but graduation has taken a toll. And while UNH didn’t blow out St Francis, they did keep the score unchanged through the 2nd half – I think they were holding back. Going with the wildcats in this one.

CCSU 21 W&M 28: I think this will be closer than many would think. First, I’m not sure about how to judge W&M’s win over UVA – Groh has killed the program in Charlottesville and UVA is terrible. And second, CCSU is actually pretty good as the NEC continues to improve and show well, especially the top of that conference. I think the Tribe win, but they need to shake off the euphoria of last week before they put CCSU away.

EmeryZach
September 9th, 2009, 11:59 PM
As always, great job with your analysis Gannon. I always look forward to your predictions post.

WMTribe90
September 10th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Maine 21 - Northeastern 13 Main is not a playoff team, but they win this week.
Hofstra 31 - Bryant 7
Richmond 20 - Delaware 19 UD aperas to be back in contention, but inthis early bout I'll take the team that won on the road playing up over the team that won at home playing down.
Massachusetts 24 - Albany 14 UMAss surprised me a bit last week and I think they take careof business here.
Maryland 23 - James Madison 17 MD is beatable, but new QB in first full game of action for JMU and I'm still not convinced MM is 100% committed to winning these FBS games.
Villanova 35 - Lehigh 10 Sounds about right.
Ball State 31 - New Hampshire 20 All good things must come to an end. UNH would have to play alot better than they did in week one to pull the upset.
William & Mary 30 - Central Connecticut State 13 WM will absorb CCSU best shot and pull away in the second half.

JMU Newbill
September 10th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Maine 21 - Northeastern 13 Main is not a playoff team, but they win this week.
Hofstra 31 - Bryant 7
Richmond 20 - Delaware 19 UD aperas to be back in contention, but inthis early bout I'll take the team that won on the road playing up over the team that won at home playing down.
Massachusetts 24 - Albany 14 UMAss surprised me a bit last week and I think they take careof business here.
Maryland 23 - James Madison 17 MD is beatable, but new QB in first full game of action for JMU and I'm still not convinced MM is 100% committed to winning these FBS games.
Villanova 35 - Lehigh 10 Sounds about right.
Ball State 31 - New Hampshire 20 All good things must come to an end. UNH would have to play alot better than they did in week one to pull the upset.
William & Mary 30 - Central Connecticut State 13 WM will absorb CCSU best shot and pull away in the second half.

Only problem is that its not going to be the QB's first full game of action. MM has already said he is going to use a 2 QB system on Saturday. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

JMU Newbill
September 10th, 2009, 02:49 PM
And when I say stupid, I mean on MM's part.... not on WMTribe90's part.

Uncle Buck
September 10th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Only problem is that its not going to be the QB's first full game of action. MM has already said he is going to use a 2 QB system on Saturday. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I agree, i hate that two QB system. We have four good RB's and against SBU, they all played but only got 4, 4, 6, and 4 carries each. Tough to get in a rhythm when you're touching the ball sporadically.

BDKJMU
September 10th, 2009, 08:27 PM
No specific scores outside of JMU-MD, because its ridiculous to try to predict specific scores unless you're very familiar with the 2 teams; you're chance of getting even 1 score right is extremely remote:

Hofstra @ Bryant by 2-3 TDs.

Maine @ Northeastern. Given how bad both were last week, this one is difficult to predict. Northeastern got throttled by BC 54-0 who most ACC previews had predicted to finish last in the ACC Atlantic division behind Maryland. Maine on the other hand, had to go to OT to beat St Cloud St. Maine is probably the better team, but this one is at Parsons. I predict a close one here with Maine coming out on top by a TD or less.

Albany @ UMass by 1-2 TDs.

Cent Conn St @ W&M. W&M will have a little bit of a letdown after their UVGay upset, but still wins comfortably by 2-3 TDs

Lehigh @ Villanova Nova will still probably have a little bit of a letdown after their big Temple win, but still win by 3-4 TDs.

UNH @ Ball State by 1-2 TDs. Ball State knows that UNH has won 4 straight over I-A. Ball State won't take UNH lightly, and will be looking to bounce back from their defeat in their home opener against N TX. Ball State not going to be as good as last yr's 12-2 squad, but UNH doesn't look to be as good as last yr either, given how they fared against St Francis who was a whopping 0-11 in the brutal NEC last season, and managed to lose to VMI by 49-0.

Richmond @ Delaware by a TD or less. If this game was last week at UR, I think UR wins by 2-3 TDs. But there are a # of factors that could make this a very close game, and possibly even result in UD pulling the upset., and it mostly comes down to psychology:
-UR likely won’t have the same fire in their bellies against UD that they had against Duke. Contrary to what many on here claim, UR was considered the underdog against Duke. And after coming off that big win at Duke, it will be very hard for the UR players to bring that same intensity, focus, and psychological edge against UD that they brought against Duke.

-Many of Duke’s players before facing UR probably thought back to how JMU self destructed against Duke last year, and at least in the back of their minds thought, “That was the #1 team in I-AA most of last season, they (JMU) beat UR, and look what we did to JMU. We’re better this year, and we should have no trouble doing the same thing to UR, this yr’s (preseason) #1 I-AA team”. I sure Duke’s staff preached against it, but it happens all the time. There are some games teams get up more for, and others they don’t, no matter what the coaches do. Guarantee you the Duke players didn’t get up for UR like they will for UNC, NC State, etc. In the UR-Duke game, UR didn’t have a bullseye on their back like they will have against UD. Unlike Duke, UD will be absolutely sky high to play the defending National Champs and to avenge 4 straight losses to UR, including the 5 OT thriller the last time these 2 teams met in Newark. Right now for UD, UR is their Super Bowl.

-Homefield advantage. UD’s is the best in CAA, and one of the better one’s in I-AA.

I think the above will make this game close. I’ll predict a close UR victory by a TD or less, but wouldn’t be surprised to see the Hens pull the upset.

JMU 14 @ Maryland 31 CAA teams got matchups with the the 4 ACC teams predicted to finish 5th and 6th in the 2 ACC divisions by all the ACC previews that I saw: UVA, Duke, Maryland, and BC. UR and W&M already upset Duke and W&M. Northeastern got throttled by BC. How will JMU fare? I can guarantee you better than Northeastern against BC, but won't as well as UR and W&M did against Duke and UVA. 4 negative things working against JMU vs MD:

1. A team typically makes their biggest improvement from game 1 to game 2. MD will likely be a least a little improved, if not much improved, from their play against Cal.

2. MD likely be much more focused on getting a win after the whipping they suffered on the Left Coast. On the other hand, if they had upset Cal, they probably wouldn't have the same focus and fire in their belly for JMU.

3. After what UR and W&M did to Duke and UVGay, MD won't take JMU lightly.

4. JMU breaking in 2 new very talented but inexperienced QBs.

JMUs slim chance will be:
-Offensive side of the ball Dudzick and Thorpe not throwing INTs, and they nor JMUs backs not fumbling the ball away. Will have to generate a decent running game against the Don Brown coached Terps defense that has 7 new starters and got torched by Cal.
-Defensive side of the ball JMU's d-line, their strength on defense will have to generate pressure on MD's 2nd yr starting QB who doesn't do well against a pass rush. JMU de line going up against a MD offensive line breaking in 4 new starters in addition to the MD starting left OT is out against JMU with turf toe suffered against Cal. Said the MD offensive coordinator after the Call game of MD QB Chris Turner, "Chris can be an all-ACC candidate quarterback for us. Is he the dynamic playmaker who is going to make guys miss? That’s not his game. We are going to have to protect him.” JMU will have to hold MDs decent running game, led by 2nd yr starting TB Darel Scott, who had 13 carries for 90 yards with a long of 39 against Cal relatively in check, definitely under 200 yards.
-Special teams can't be a negative, which is was in 07' against UNC with 2 punts blocked. JMU is also breaking in a new kicker, who will have to at least make any under 40 fg attempts. JMU will need good field position if they don't kick it to McGee, and McGee to get some big returns if they do.

Towson against BYE
URI against BYE

89Hen
September 11th, 2009, 08:08 AM
No specific scores outside of JMU-MD, because its ridiculous to try to predict specific scores unless you're very familiar with the 2 teams; you're chance of getting even 1 score right is extremely remote:
xnonox If I were a mod I'd delete your post. They're called predictions and they are just for fun. Why you trying to spoil the fun? xmadx :p

GeeWiz
September 12th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Maine @ Northeastern - NU's season is hanging on this game, my gut is that NU finds a way to pull this one out.
Hofstra @ Bryant - Hofstra starts off slow but then pulls away from Bulldogs.
Richmond @ Delaware - The best CAA game of the week sees the Spiders winning a close one at UD.
Albany @ UMass - I was impressed with UMass' close loss to K-State, therefore they'll win big over UA.
Lehigh @ Villanova - Lehigh gives 'Nova a game but Wilcats too strong and win going away.
CCSU @ W&M - W&M looks like a serious contender for the CAA South title and blows out the Blue Devils.
JMU @ Maryland - I would love to see another ACC team lose to the CAA but Don Brown knows JMU too well and the Twerps will rebound.
UNH @ Ball State - Wildcats impressive win streak ove FBS teams will come to an end vs. BSU, although UNH will make it close.

89Hen
September 14th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Fess up time...

Maine 24 - Northeastern 10 (17-7) xthumbsupx
Hofstra 31 - Bryant 7 (40-24) xthumbsupx
Richmond 31 - Delaware 21 (16-15) xeyebrowx
Massachusetts 24 - Albany 14 (44-7) xeyebrowx
Maryland 31 - James Madison 14 (38-35) xeyebrowx
Villanova 35 - Lehigh 10 (38-17) xthumbsupx
Ball State 28 - New Hampshire 24 (16-23) xoopsx
William & Mary 31 - Central Connecticut State 7 (33-14) xthumbsupx

For those of you who don't pick scores... xrulesx

93henfan
September 14th, 2009, 10:59 AM
All I know is that a certain poster is #1 in the GoHens spread pool.

His screen name rhymes with 93penfan

xwhistlex

89Hen
September 14th, 2009, 11:01 AM
spread pool.
Spread pool. I'm close to not doing that one anymore. Flip a friggin coin and you'd be just as accurate.

93henfan
September 14th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Spread pool. I'm close to not doing that one anymore. Flip a friggin coin and you'd be just as accurate.

I'd like to think that 66.6% is better than 50%.

BDKJMU
September 14th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Hofstra @ Bryant by 2-3 TDs. 40-24, xthumbsupx

Maine @ Northeastern...Maine coming out on top by a TD or less. 17-7, I was close enough xthumbsupx

Albany @ UMass by 1-2 TDs. 44-7 xeyebrowx

Cent Conn St @ W&M....by 2-3 TDs 33-14, xthumbsupx

Lehigh @ Villanova... by 3-4 TDs. 38-17 xthumbsupx

UNH @ Ball State by 1-2 TDs. 23-16 xoopsx

Richmond @ Delaware by a TD or less... 16-15 xthumbsupx

JMU 14 @ Maryland 31 38-35 OT xeyebrowx xbawlingx

89Hen
September 14th, 2009, 11:15 AM
I'd like to think that 66.6% is better than 50%.
Flip a coin 25 times and there's a good chance it will come out 66% one direction. xnodx

BTW, I should have said flip a coin and I'd be just as accurate. I hate the spread pool. :p

BDKJMU
September 14th, 2009, 11:18 AM
For those of you who don't pick scores... xrulesx

Giving a range is good enough. xnodx

89Hen
September 14th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Giving a range is good enough. xnodx
Chicken. xcoolx :p

BDKJMU
September 14th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Chicken. xcoolx :p

If its makes you happy in addition to picking JMU's specific score I will later in the season also pick specific scores of any games where both teams have played against JMU (I should be at all the JMU games) or where its 2 teams who I have seen in person (Nova already) or on TV. For specific scores I want to make educated picks, not pull #s out of my arse like a lot of people do. xsmiley_wix

89Hen
September 14th, 2009, 11:43 AM
For specific scores I want to make educated picks, not pull #s out of my arse like a lot of people do. xsmiley_wix
Chicken.

danefan
September 14th, 2009, 11:44 AM

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/3225/Eating_Crow.jpg

tribe_pride
September 14th, 2009, 11:54 AM
31-7, I was close enough xthumbsupx

17-7, I was close enough xthumbsupx

44-7 xeyebrowx

31-7, I was close enough. xthumbsupx

35-10 xthumbsupx

xoopsx

16-15 xthumbsupx

38-35 OT xeyebrowx xbawlingx

You didn't use the final scores to figure out if you were right. You used 89Hen's prediction scores to see if you were right (except for the JMU and Richmond games).

89Hen
September 14th, 2009, 12:04 PM
[IMG]
xlolx xbowx

aceinthehole
September 14th, 2009, 12:04 PM
I'm not ready to predict an upset, but CCSU is coming to leave it all on the field.

The Tribe was much better and it showed. They had speed and size and a great reciever from New Haven, CT.

W&M could have run away wth it but, we hung tough. 2 bad snaps, or the Tribe get 6 more pts. Basically our D was no match for that team.

On the other side of the ball I thought our Of was respectable. We didn't do much,but we had 2 solid drives that led to 2 TDs. One fumble as we were drive deep into Tribe territory, or we may have added 1 more TD in the 2nd half.

Overall I was pleased and I think CAA fans saw CCSU was a good team. After the bye this week we head to NY to face our first Ivy - Columbia.

BTW - Williamsburg is great. I love the history and town, I'm coming back for a vacation.

BDKJMU
September 14th, 2009, 12:11 PM
You didn't use the final scores to figure out if you were right. You used 89Hen's prediction scores to see if you were right (except for the JMU and Richmond games).

I didn't do that for the JMU, Richmond/UD, Albany/UMass, UNH/Ball State and Maine/NE games. I was replying right after his post and goofed and did that on the W&M/CCU, Hofstra/BU, and Nova/LU games. Fixed it.