PDA

View Full Version : Game of the Week - Week 2

89Hen
September 7th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Some better games from which to choose this week. :)

93henfan
September 7th, 2009, 11:04 AM
No-brainer this week. I'll be there and so will you.

89Hen
September 7th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Maybe and maybe.

slycat
September 7th, 2009, 11:08 AM
McNeese vs. App St in a no contest. This is as match up of two of the top FCS teams through the years.

OOC games like this don't occur often enough. Glad to see the Poke, ASU, and the Griz put this trifecta together.

Silenoz
September 7th, 2009, 11:10 AM
UR-UD

Curious to see if Delaware truly is back with solid QB play

93henfan
September 7th, 2009, 11:10 AM
McNeese vs. App St in a no contest.

If you mean no contest as in App State winning by multiple TDs, I agree. I don't see the game being close.

RabidRabbit
September 7th, 2009, 11:13 AM
McNeese and App St, as well as Richmond/Delaware are both great games.

For my xtwocentsx - I think that SDSU hosting GA Southern will be the most likely to lead to a play-off determining battle in only the second week of the season.

slycat
September 7th, 2009, 11:15 AM
If you mean no contest as in App State winning by multiple TDs, I agree. I don't see the game being close.

I think it will be close. SLC teams always struggle against DII teams. The pokes will be a different team on Saturday.

aceinthehole
September 7th, 2009, 11:16 AM
No love for CCSU/W&M? :(

I'm also taking GSU at NDSU. I love intersectional matchups with playoff implications!

McNeese75
September 7th, 2009, 11:19 AM

I will not disagree with your prediction but I don't think Delaware can stay within several TDs of Richmond either.

umassfan
September 7th, 2009, 11:19 AM
The UMass Albany game I cant wait to see... Albany looked really strong vs GSU. Should be a good test to see where both programs are. I would not vote for it to be game of the week though.

TheValleyRaider
September 7th, 2009, 11:20 AM
There's 3 on this list that really get my attention

Albany at Massachusetts-Albany put in a credible showing down in Statesboro. Win in Amherst, a solid CAA opponent coming off a tough loss to K-State, and the Danes could be thinking playoffs

Georgia Southern at South Dakota State-Intersectional showdown. How good are either of these teams. SDSU in particular is getting preseason respect, but GSU has the pedigree and is on the way up. Very interesting game with postseason implications down the line

Montana at UC Davis-Griz go to Davis for this one. Aggies win could give them a kickstart towards a playoff birth, so it's certainly intriguing from that standpoint

Others that could be fun:
Richmond at Delaware
McNeese State at Appalachian State
South Dakota at Northern Iowa
North Dakota State at Sam Houston State

The rest don't really get my attention (except Lehigh-Nova, but that's only as a PL fan)

93henfan
September 7th, 2009, 11:25 AM
...I don't think Delaware can stay within several TDs of Richmond...

I'll have to disagree. A late-season injury plagued 4-8 Delaware team lost to Richmond by 17 points on the road last year. I think a healthy Delaware team with a good QB playing at home doesn't lose to Richmond by several touchdowns. Just a wild guess.

MSUBear42
September 7th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Gotta be Richmond/Delaware.

Although, I'm VERY excited for UT-Martin vs Missouri State. Should be a good scope as to how successful MSU will be this season.

Does anyone know if UTM has a message board?

Uncle Buck
September 7th, 2009, 11:37 AM
I think the top three for me:

1. Richmond/Delaware - UR defending champs coming off win over Duke, UD beat West Chester the way they should and the defense looked tough. This should be a great matchup.

2. Albany/UMass - Albany played tough at GSU and really needs this win IMO if they want to impress pollsters and continue to make a case for the playoffs at the end of the year. Umass shocked me with how close they played K-State.

3. McNeese/App St. - McNeese had opening night jitters or something to struggle as much as they did with Henderson St., App St. will look to get back to their winning ways. A great OOC match-up for these two teams, but i'm skeptical that McNeese can go into Boone and win this one.

aceinthehole
September 7th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Albany at Massachusetts-Albany put in a credible showing down in Statesboro. Win in Amherst, a solid CAA opponent coming off a tough loss to K-State, and the Danes could be thinking playoffs

Looking forward to this game too. UA has already put up a credible showing in Amerst a few seasons ago and has a good chance to pull off the upset. I can't imagine the Minutemen are looking past the Danes. An Albany win should put them in the top-25.

William and Mary should move up to the top-10 this week after their huge win over UVA. CCSU faces an even bigger test in Williamsburg after an impressive win at PL contender Lehigh. A win for the Blue Devils should propel them on the path to the contend for a playoffs bid.

Grizaholic17
September 7th, 2009, 12:05 PM
McNeese has some holes they should think about filling with this contest against App. It seems like their containment has been troublesome in past years and with a possible return of Armanti, it could be bad news. Great game though and my choice for the game of the week.

I just hope my griz can pull it off against those Aggies....they can surprise ya!

JMU Newbill
September 7th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Not a game of the week by any means, but I am excited for JMU to finally open up their season against Maryland.

GeauxLions94
September 7th, 2009, 12:57 PM
For my xtwocentsx - I think that SDSU hosting GA Southern will be the most likely to lead to a play-off determining battle in only the second week of the season.

Agreed on the Rabbit-Eagle game, though I don't know about playoff implications.

The Appy-McNeese game would have been a cinch for me for GOW, but Cowboys had to come back against a DII and Appy State almost came back on East Carolina without AE.

R.A.
September 7th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Richmond @ Delaware.

LacesOut
September 7th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Georgia Southern at South Dakota State.

I'm loving GSU's OOC schedule.

Ivytalk
September 7th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Georgia Southern at South Dakota State.

I'm loving GSU's OOC schedule.

Agreed. I was tempted to go with my "homer" pick of UR vs. UD, but it will be interesting to see how a young GSU squad fares on the Big Black Hills Road against a tough SDSU team.xnodx

UNIFanSince1983
September 7th, 2009, 01:17 PM
As much as I didn't want to I voted UR vs UD. This is a big game. You get to see what Delaware is this year with a new QB. It is also an early season conference matchup. This game just seems to have the biggest implications this week.

For me I am interested to see how UNI will bounce back from the near upset of Iowa. Did the team waste everything, and will come out sluggish or will it just fire them up and they dominate?

darell1976
September 7th, 2009, 03:20 PM
I picked fellow Dakota team USD against UNI. Go Yotes!!!:)

Gil Dobie
September 7th, 2009, 04:44 PM
1. GSU at SDSU
2. Richmond at Delaware
3. NDSU at Sam Houston
4. NW St at Grambling
5. Tenn St at Jackson St

UNI, App St, UMass, Nova, Montana should all win by 10 or more, IMO

DSUrocks07
September 7th, 2009, 04:52 PM
UR @ UD

I'll be watching to see what weaknesses Delaware has that hopefully DSU can exploit to some measure in Week 3.

Saint3333
September 7th, 2009, 06:57 PM
1. GSU at SDSU
2. Richmond at Delaware
3. NDSU at Sam Houston
4. NW St at Grambling
5. Tenn St at Jackson St

UNI, App St, UMass, Nova, Montana should all win by 10 or more, IMO

I'd add Richmond to that should list.

Gil Dobie
September 7th, 2009, 07:00 PM
I'd add Richmond to that should list.

Well I agree, it's a good matchup to see how good the Spidies and Hennies are. xthumbsupx

Reign of Terrier
September 7th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Richmond and Delaware

We get to see how good the hens REALLY are

UNHFootballAlum
September 7th, 2009, 11:38 PM
How about UNH vs. Ball State. With UNH being 4-0 in its last 4 games against FBS opponents should have made this one of the games of the week

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2009, 07:36 AM
How about UNH vs. Ball State. With UNH being 4-0 in its last 4 games against FBS opponents should have made this one of the games of the week

Great FCS vs FBS matchup. UNH has a good chance of winning xthumbsupx

89Hen
September 8th, 2009, 07:44 AM
No. This is I-AA only.

kdinva
September 8th, 2009, 03:09 PM
UR-UD

Curious to see if Delaware truly is back with solid QB play
I am sure 22,000+ will want to see that as well.......

bluehenbillk
September 8th, 2009, 03:31 PM
I am sure 22,000+ will want to see that as well.......

It'll be a hornest nest atmosphere, and we don't even play the (DSU) Hornets until the 19th.

The UR game has been circled all off-season as a measuring stick game, we'll know what we have at 7:00pm Saturday.

4th and What?
September 8th, 2009, 03:45 PM
I don't see the strong argument for Richmond/UD. It's obviously a huge game for Delaware if they can win it, but that's true for CCSU/W&M, Lehigh/Nova, or Davis/UM.

The GSU/SDSU game or to a lesser extent Albany/UMass will have implications for either team if they win or lose and how well they play. These are easily much more interesting matchups to me.

89Hen
September 8th, 2009, 03:53 PM
I don't see the strong argument for Richmond/UD. It's obviously a huge game for Delaware if they can win it, but that's true for CCSU/W&M, Lehigh/Nova, or Davis/UM.

The GSU/SDSU game or to a lesser extent Albany/UMass will have implications for either team if they win or lose and how well they play. These are easily much more interesting matchups to me.
Your logic makes zero sense. Winning or losing a conference game with Nova, JMU and W&M still to go has no impact on Richmond? xconfusedx

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 8th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Your logic makes zero sense. Winning or losing a conference game with Nova, JMU and W&M still to go has no impact on Richmond? xconfusedx

I'm pretty sure he's kidding.

Proud Griz Man
September 8th, 2009, 04:06 PM

Uhh No. I voted for the Hens vs. Spiders but I'll be watching Montana versus UC-Davis.

xbeerchugx

4th and What?
September 8th, 2009, 04:12 PM

I guess I just don't see UD as a very strong team this year, and Richmond a monster. Much as I won't consider Richmond/Towson as a game of the week contender.

Yes, it's a conference game and important to both teams. And many CAA fans may pay attention to it to see if UD will be potential trouble for their team this year. However I don't see any far reaching implications from this game, unless it is an upset, but that can be true for any upset.

Native
September 8th, 2009, 05:24 PM
IF Weber stops making mistakes, the Colorado State game could easily be the biggest games of the week.

After last Saturday's FIVE interceptions, I am not holding my breath.

Skjellyfetti
September 10th, 2009, 09:11 AM
I voted for the only matchup between teams ranked in every major poll.

appmaj
September 10th, 2009, 09:18 AM
We can call it a homer pick but App v McNeese is the ranked team matchup

As far as best matchup I'll go out on a limb and say GW v WCU

89Hen
September 14th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Well it would seem 125 of us got this right. :)

Saint3333
September 14th, 2009, 09:15 AM
McNeese @ ASU game of the week. How often to you see two top 10 FCS programs play out of conference in the regular season? The game lived up to the preseason hype, too bad McNeese had the ball last for ASU fans.