September 6th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Grambling just scored.

14-7 Bulldogs. It's Midway through the 2nd quarter

813Jag
September 6th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Go Grambling. xconfusedxxconfusedx

R.A.
September 6th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Fumble caused by SCSU Linebacker David Erby. Grambling coughs it up. SCSU recovers. 1st and goal Bulldogs.

R.A.
September 6th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Touchdown SCSU Bulldogs... RB Travil Jamison 4 Yard Run.

21-7 MEAC's SCSU Bulldogs

Late in the 2nd Quarter.

Big Dawg
September 6th, 2009, 02:20 PM
TD SCSU

SCSU 21
GRAM 7
2nd quarter

813Jag
September 6th, 2009, 02:23 PM
xreadx

TexasTerror
September 6th, 2009, 02:33 PM
I thought Grambling was going to be pretty good this year? Sure, it's early - but lose this, the G-Men could be 1-3 to start the season and that would not be acceptable...

R.A.
September 6th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Grambling 47 Yard Field Goal at the end of the half.

Bulldogs 21
Tigers 10

Halftime

bunny
September 6th, 2009, 02:34 PM
47 yard FG for Grambling State.

Halftime:
SC State - 21
Grambling - 10

813Jag
September 6th, 2009, 02:40 PM
I thought Grambling was going to be pretty good this year? Sure, it's early - but lose this, the G-Men could be 1-3 to start the season and that would not be acceptable...
It would be to me. xconfusedx

TexasTerror
September 6th, 2009, 02:53 PM
It would be to me. xconfusedx

Grambling is the SWAC bell cow. If they can't step up on game day and carry the conference flag, the league as a whole is in a long out of conference season.

813Jag
September 6th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Grambling is the SWAC bell cow. If they can't step up on game day and carry the conference flag, the league as a whole is in a long out of conference season.
I could care less who is the bell cow of the SWAC. And this is from someone who has had friends and family play for Grambling. I always wish them the best but at the end of the day........................

R.A.
September 6th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Will Ford, Stipped of the ball!!

Injured as the Ball was ripped away from his arm!!

Grambling's Christian Anthony runs and takes the ball into the SCSU Red Zone.

Tackled By Will Ford... running with one arm!!

First and Goal, Grambling

Touchdown Grambling Greg Dillion to Vann Phelps.

SCSU 21
Grambling 17

Early in the 3rd.

R.A.
September 6th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Grambling has the Momentum.

DX Man
September 6th, 2009, 03:36 PM
This game is turning into a shootout. Looks like SCSU is on another great drive at the 2:32 mark in the 3rd q.

93henfan
September 6th, 2009, 04:26 PM
INT SC St and that oughta do it.

1:22 left. 34-31 SC St

93henfan
September 6th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Ballgame.

SC State leads start to finish. Nice effort by Grambling to hang.

R.A.
September 6th, 2009, 04:34 PM
34-31 Final South Carolina State wins.

The MEAC takes a 4-1 lead in the MEAC SWAC Challenge.

R.A.
September 6th, 2009, 05:22 PM
SCSU really should have blown Grambling out. They let Grambling back in this one...

TexasTerror
September 6th, 2009, 06:15 PM
I watched much of the third quarter...

Looks like Grambling has sealed a 1-3 start to their season.

kdinva
September 6th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Congrats to SC St.: A team from a Conference that participates in post-season play.xcoffeex

R.A.
September 6th, 2009, 11:43 PM
I watched much of the third quarter...

Looks like Grambling has sealed a 1-3 start to their season.

Jackson State's no pushover, plus the game is in Jackson. Don't be surprised if Jackson State beats Grambling.

Grambling might not win untill October 17th versus Alabama State.

9/6/2009 2 pm (est) South Carolina State N Orlando, FL L
9/12/2009 6:00:00 PM Northwestern State H Grambling, LA
9/19/2009 3:30:00 PM Jackson State A Jackson, MS
9/26/2009 6:00:00 PM Oklahoma State A Stillwater, OK
10/3/2009 6:00:00 PM Prairie View A&M N Dallas, TX
10/10/2009 3:00:00 PM Alabama A&M H Grambling, LA

Prairie View knows their season depends on beating Grambling. They'll have something to prove from last season.

Alabama A&M, just defeated Tenn State from the OVC 24-7, and they play the MEAC's Hampton this week. Alabama A&M won't be an easy win either.

ASU_MBA
September 6th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Congrats SC State....maybe we will see you in boone again this year.....that scares me a little...you guys are solid..

Hail-Hail
September 7th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Congrats SC State....maybe we will see you in boone again this year.....that scares me a little...you guys are solid..

Correction: It's time for you guys to come to the "O"..........see you in Dawson xsmiley_wix

catdaddy2402
September 7th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Watched this one from the point where Ford fumbled, then made a one armed tackle on the DL.

Thought State was in trouble when Long left the game, but Wiley very quickly changed my mind. That pitch fake was out of this world.

Got to give Grambling credit...they fought hard to the very end. If they can find a way to give Dillon better protection they would be hard to beat, he's a heckuva QB.

mikebigg
September 8th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Some give SC State credit for being good but dooms Grambling to an 1-3 start based on a close loss to a good team. Truth be told, and taking nothing from SC State but the mistakes (some forced and some unforced) caused us big time.

Dillon is proving naysayers wrong about his skills as a qb... he's not a runner who throws, he's a passer who can run. Dude must have been an infielder in baseball at some point in his life cuz he can zip it rolling left or right.

Secondguessing...we should have ran it after the long completion at the end. Plenty of time to kill the clock if need be. Warren & Walker was running their azzes off..but folk on here seems to feel Ford was the only back doing anything. He's good, but I think Warren and Walker are damn good as well.

Congrats to SC State... Bring on the Demons!

MsippiRattler
September 9th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Jackson State's no pushover, plus the game is in Jackson. Don't be surprised if Jackson State beats Grambling.....

If that happens, I will be surprised!! JSU is real weak!!!

OL FU
September 9th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Will Ford, Stipped of the ball!!

Injured as the Ball was ripped away from his arm!!

Grambling's Christian Anthony runs and takes the ball into the SCSU Red Zone.

Tackled By Will Ford... running with one arm!!

First and Goal, Grambling

Touchdown Grambling Greg Dillion to Vann Phelps.

SCSU 21
Grambling 17

Early in the 3rd.

That was an inspiring tackle by Ford. Gets up, arm not moving, runs full steam makes that tackle and then doesn't get up because the arm hurts so bad. Plays like that are one of the reasons football is such an awesome sport.

PS, I was impressed with GSU. didn't think the game would be that close. Don't think there is a whole of of difference in the two teams. xthumbsupx

danefan
September 9th, 2009, 12:32 PM
I have bene one who has argued against Grambling's inclusion into the top 25 every week.

I was impressed by Grambling last weekend. They played SCSU tough.

The only problem I now have is I find myself wondering if SCSU is really as good as they were against App St in the playoffs. Only time will tell. xthumbsupx

MsippiRattler
September 9th, 2009, 12:37 PM
...The only problem I now have is I find myself wondering if SCSU is really as good as they were against App St in the playoffs. Only time will tell. xthumbsupx

Yeah they are! Saturday was a case of 1st game cobwebs!!

R.A.
September 9th, 2009, 12:44 PM
That was an inspiring tackle by Ford. Gets up, arm not moving, runs full steam makes that tackle and then doesn't get up because the arm hurts so bad. Plays like that are one of the reasons football is such an awesome sport.

Plays like that should impress the Payton Award Selection Committee.

mikebigg
September 9th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Yeah they are! Saturday was a case of 1st game cobwebs!!

No... It was a case of playing a good team. Whenever the Rattlers really think they're ready let us know...it will be like the last time.