PDA

View Full Version : Week 1 Injuries

smallcollegefbfan
September 6th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Anyone of note get hurt this weekend? I have been looking around and so far don't see any.

UNHFootballAlum
September 6th, 2009, 12:51 PM
CAA 2008 Rookie of the Year Brian McNally of UNH appears to have a separated shoulder. Not confirmed as of yet, but even coaches are talking about it.

89Hen
September 6th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Blue Hen starting TE, Josh Baker, gone for year. :(

MSUBear42
September 6th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Missouri State QB Cody Kirby played with a giant gash above his eye, had to have 6 stitches after the game.

3rd string DE Joe Day has a concussion.

That's it!

appfan2008
September 6th, 2009, 02:39 PM
listening to the app game i never heard anyone get hurt for app but the pirates of ecu had a ton of players tired and cramping up and getting injuried!

PaladinFan
September 6th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Thank goodness, RJ Webb survived the weakest game on the schedule without tearing a knee for the first time in two years.

skinny_uncle
September 6th, 2009, 03:03 PM
The Salukis played with their #1 running back Richard White on the sideline the whole game and potential all-conference linebacker Chauncey Mixon out most of it with leg cramps. Mixon also took a shot in the jaw during the game that aparently dazed him.

Native
September 6th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Weber State placekicker Jon Williams sidelined for the opener against Wyoming with a shoulder injury, sustained during pre-season weightlifting.

Scrapes, bruises and icepacks, but no known serious injuries after the game.

TheValleyRaider
September 6th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Colgate TE Adrien Schriefer hurt his knee last night. He was taken out of the game and was on crutches for the rest of the evening. Knee injuries are really tricky, and though he did walk off with minimal assistance, you never know

RB Nate Eachus left the game in the 3rd quarter after a TD run. He looked fine heading into the end zone, didn't take any hits there, but he went off the field holding his ribs. They took his pads off right away, then took him next door to the hospital (hopefully just precautionary). That was the end of his game

If I had to guess, Eachus will be back before Schreifer, but that's my unprofessional opinion while watching the TV broadcast. Most likely, we won't know their status until Tuesday, when the Game Notes are released, and even that is subject to change until kickoff. Biddle runs a very tight ship, and not a lot of information gets out

Mountaineer#96
September 6th, 2009, 03:36 PM
lots of cramping on the ECU side of things .....must have stayed pretty late at the bar the night before ;)

phoenixphanatic21
September 6th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Terrell Wilson suffered a high ankle sprain last night. Don't know how bad it is or if he'll miss any playing time.

tribe_pride
September 6th, 2009, 03:50 PM
I don't remember ever seeing the trainers come on to the field in the W&M-UVA game so I will guess that we are ok.

MplsBison
September 6th, 2009, 04:01 PM
WR Williams went out of the game for NDSU. He was one of only two scholarship WR left on the team from last season.

No idea if he is done for the season or what is going on.

We also lost our only scholarship FB from last season in pre-season, for significant amount of time this season.

But I think that's it so far for NDSU.

BEAR
September 6th, 2009, 04:37 PM
PK Eddie Carmona..knee..out indefinetly. xsmhx

AppStsGr8
September 6th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Don't think App has any new injuries. If we can just get past the old ones ...

BTW, good job W&M and Richmond.

JALMOND
September 6th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Bobby McClintock, our back in the run and shoot for Portland State, suffered a concussion on the second series against Oregon State. Unclear as to the severity, but was kept out of the rest of the game as a precaution. He does not have a history of concussions (not even in high school) so it may not be too big an injury.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 6th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Just a couple ruffled feathers and wounded pride when we let WOU score on us twice. Other than that, a couple wolves got banged up.

GeauxLions94
September 6th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Southeastern's Tommy Connors missed Saturday's game with a knee injury. Should be ready to go when Southeastern returns to action on Thursday.

ISUMatt
September 6th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Rumor has it that Illinois state starting qb drew Kiel has a torn thumb ligament and is out for the year. Not official yet but strong rumor

El Gato
September 6th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Texas State RB Karrington Bush (1st Team preseason ALL-SLC, '08 All-American Honorable Mention, '08 All-SLC First-Team) went out early in the 1st quarter with a knee injury, and didn't return. Hopefully it not serious as this would be a huge loss for the Bobcats. He ranked 3rd last year in the nation in all purpose yards, and was the second Bobcat RB in school history to get back to back 1000 yd seasons.

From Tyler Mayforth on bobcatfans.com

Karrington Bush will have an MRI to discover the extent of his injury. It looked to be either his knee or hamstring.

Also WR, Sophomore Mishak Rivas was out for the opening game. As a true freshman last year this guy was an explosive player. He was the next leading receiver behind All-American Cameron Luke last year.

And the starting Kicker/Punter Ryan Batchelor missed the opening game as well due to an injury.

With this week being a bye week for the Cats, hopefully these guys will be up and ready for FBS opponent TCU.

UNIFanSince1983
September 6th, 2009, 09:29 PM
It didn't happen in the game, but the Wednesday before the game UNIs WR Josh Collins tore his ACL in practice and will be out for the season.

AggieFinn
September 6th, 2009, 10:22 PM
We had all of our injuries before the season, most of them non-contact type. None against Fresno State. Isn't Football a Funny Game!!!

Go Ags! I love you all...except the Griz. xsmiley_wix