PDA

View Full Version : SBU QB Situation

Redwyn
September 6th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Does anyone know if Coulter is the actual starter? A few alumni in the stands seemed to think Dudash was injured....

If so, he seems to be far better than we've had in the past. He plants far better than SBU QBs in the past and has a decent cannon for an arm (except for that one short pass that almost got picked).

Seawolf97
September 6th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Josh Dudash graduated in 2008. Dayne Hoffman who was our QB went down with torn ligaments in his knee during practice in August. The QB who played last night Mike Coulter is the starter from here on out . He looked pretty good for his first game in two years
19/29 188 yards and 1 TD and no picks. He can throw on the run has a really quick release
reads defenses pretty well.

Uncle Buck
September 6th, 2009, 04:18 PM
I thought he looked pretty good last night as well. I too was wondering where Hoffman was when i didn't see him come out. If the kid had a little bit of a running game last night, he probably could have really done some damage. 3rd and long all night had him throwing into the nickel all night.

Anyhow, good game last night and best of luck with the rest of the schedule. Great showing from the SBU faithful and when the band cheered something like, "Our band beats your band", I completely agreed!!!

Redwyn
September 6th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Ahh, this makes sense. Should be quite exciting against Colgate next week!

Seawolf97
September 7th, 2009, 12:04 PM
I thought he looked pretty good last night as well. I too was wondering where Hoffman was when i didn't see him come out. If the kid had a little bit of a running game last night, he probably could have really done some damage. 3rd and long all night had him throwing into the nickel all night.

Anyhow, good game last night and best of luck with the rest of the schedule. Great showing from the SBU faithful and when the band cheered something like, "Our band beats your band", I completely agreed!!!

Thanks ! Coulter has some potential he is only soph now .

Uncle Buck
September 7th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Thanks ! Coulter has some potential he is only soph now .

I liked Hoffman's mechanics and awareness last year (I got out to several home games), but Coulter seems like a pretty viable option as a starter. Should make for an interesting QB battle in the future, but it looks like you're in capable hands for now. He was very good at getting rid of the ball and not taking the sack, something that a lot of young QB's struggle with.

I wouldn't mind seeing Probst who is our sophomore QB back on the field, Cory Christopher IMO is not the best QB on our roster. I think it showed with his 18 for 32 performance with most of his passes being too long or too high.

Best of luck from here on out.