PDA

View Full Version : Hey Furman Fans!

DX Man
September 6th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Congratulations on the win! I saw some of the coverage of the game on the evening news and the first thing that caught my eye was your field. It looked incredible. Whoever is in charge of its paint scheme and upkeep is to be commended. Unfortunately the camera showed the crowd in the stands and I saw A LOT of empty seats. Caught a glimpse of the new video board and it looked good, but it also looked "lonely." Are there any plans to frame it?

FUwolfpacker
September 6th, 2009, 11:33 AM
As far as the game goes, overall I was pleased. The young guys starting on D for the first time still have some work to do, but they held their own for their first game. Biggest problems were a lack of a pass rush and a lot of missed tackles. The offense looked very good though. Sorrells had something like 330+ total yards (24/30, 285 yards passing, 51 yards rushing I think). The game was closer than the score indicated at halftime, but not as close as it indicated at the end. Chris Wiley dropped 2 INTs he could have taken back a long ways, and the last TD PC scored was against most of our freshmen (and they still almost kept them out). That 6'5" WR from PC (Quinn?) is a pretty good player, and their QB (Miley?) can throw it pretty well. He made a couple of darn good throws yesterday. Their offense should do ok this year, but the D clearly has a way to go...which I think any PC fan would have told you that going into the game.

The field looked as good as I have ever seen it. Putting the logo in the middle of the field and changing the font in the endzone was a nice change.

The scoreboard did well. Still a few things to be worked out with it, but that's to be expected after the first time. I believe the scoreboard has always kinda just been there by itself. I doubt there are any immediate plans to frame it with other big renovations planned.

I can't figure how to embed a youtube video on here, but I still wanted to include the url to the band's performance of "thriller" yesterday. I'm tired of hearing about Michael Jackson like everyone else, but the band sounded as good as I've ever heard them. They may still be on the small side but they are loud and crisp. Take a look!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xz-R6ccry8

PaladinFan
September 6th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the words.

Any win is a good win. I predicted a score of 44-17, so that wasn't too far off.

DX Man
September 6th, 2009, 01:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xz-R6ccry8

Thanks for that link. I really enjoyed that. The sound was great and the marching & choreography was entertaining. FU has a great reputation in my area of producing some good music educators (School & Church).

furman94
September 6th, 2009, 09:45 PM
The crowd was pathetic for the most part. I felt like I was the only one yelling at times! Every year, the Paladin Club section near the top gets more empty; my hypothesis is that most
of the boosters are too old to come to games or their season tickets were bought with Will and Estate funds. We have got to do something to pull in more vocal support. The PaladinVision was awesome to have and I'm sure there
are bigger and better plans to frame
it further down the road.

I'll give my full 2 pennies later, but I just wanted
to say that the offense looked like it could be amazing and the defense could use some work, ill
give them a rest because we were missing a few starters. In other news, Jordan had a 45 yard run down the sideline! He and Forcier could be a deadly combo!