PDA

View Full Version : I didnt think DeAndre Presley played as bad today as everyone else did.

ASU_Fanatic
September 5th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Come on App fans. Yes Cadet is better, but some are treating him like a god. You have to remember Presley was going up against alot fresher of a defense. Cadet had much more time to pass than Presley. Anyway final numbers from DP......

7-15, 87 yards, 1 interception
12 carries, 12 yards

He also got sacked about 4 times....

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Cadet's the man behind Armanti at this point, imo.

I don't think DP had a bad game really... the O-line played a lot better in the second half with Cadet. DP had people in his face... couldn't run, didn't have time to throw. But, Cadet is special kid... absolute playmaker.

And, this probably doesn't need it's own thread.

Aho_Old_Guy
September 5th, 2009, 07:48 PM
The INT was a Mo-Fo. What did it look like ???

PantherRob82
September 5th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Olines need to have chemistry with the QB. This is from first hand experience.

ASU_Fanatic
September 5th, 2009, 08:04 PM
The INT was a Mo-Fo. What did it look like ???Yes that was a horrendous pass.

ASU_Fanatic
September 5th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Anyother App fans got anything to say about this.

mistersykes
September 5th, 2009, 08:46 PM
He had a sub-par game, yes, but I don't think its a reflection of his true skills. Give Presley another shot. On the other side, Cadet did a lot for us, but its a little too early to anoint him as "the next Armanti". I think we're in good shape for the future, either way.

ASU
September 5th, 2009, 08:57 PM
I didn't see anything much from DP. Cadet was getting away from D linemen much better. I don't think Cadet can pass that well. Would think that arm strength would not be the problem. Cadet's running is great though.

ASU_Fanatic
September 5th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Yeah he is electrifying. I say we give AE the rest again next week and sart Cadet against McNeese State then were off next week. So that would give AE alot more time to rest. Then once Armanti returns let Cadet run the ball and be a slot guy as well. Imagine him and AE in the same backfield.

JMU Newbill
September 5th, 2009, 09:15 PM
IMO... Cadet is your #2. I think its a nice problem to have though. You have a lot of talent at the QB position. You should all be ok with that!

SouthernMan
September 5th, 2009, 09:29 PM
I did not realize crAPP would suck that bad without Armanti

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2009, 09:45 PM

xrolleyesx

AppStateSVX
September 5th, 2009, 09:58 PM
DP didn't play to his potential, but it's ok.

i'm excited to see what Cadet has in store.

JMU Newbill
September 5th, 2009, 10:10 PM

They lost by 5.... to ECU... what would have justified "not sucking"? If they had lost by 3?

DX Man
September 5th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Yeah he is electrifying. I say we give AE the rest again next week and sart Cadet against McNeese State then were off next week. So that would give AE alot more time to rest. Then once Armanti returns let Cadet run the ball and be a slot guy as well. Imagine him and AE in the same backfield.

I agree. We're not going to need Armanti next weekxpeacex

DX Man
September 5th, 2009, 10:15 PM

Bless your heartxsmiley_wix

biggie
September 5th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Cadet has to be #2 now.

DP did play that bad to me. I watched a good 5-6 plays that I know AE gets out of without a sack and gets a run (even for no gain) or at least throws it away instead of running without purpose.

Though it definitely seemed ECU got wore down later and could have helped Cadet look better.

Still think DP has some skills and needs to be on the field for something, sometime. Maybe he takes over PR duty?

McNeese75
September 5th, 2009, 11:05 PM
I agree. We're not going to need Armanti next weekxpeacex

xrolleyesx

unfortunately, I agree with you. xeyebrowx

Mountaineer#96
September 5th, 2009, 11:11 PM

Nice to know a guy from McNeese has shown up to start flames with ASU fans for this week. xcoolxxcoolx HERE WE GO.............

SoCon48
September 6th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Anyother App fans got anything to say about this.
She looks pretty good to me. Oh! You meant the game.

SoCon48
September 6th, 2009, 12:45 AM

Good post, Elon fan. The crApp gave you away.

AppMan
September 6th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Come on App fans. Yes Cadet is better, but some are treating him like a god. You have to remember Presley was going up against alot fresher of a defense. Cadet had much more time to pass than Presley. Anyway final numbers from DP......

7-15, 87 yards, 1 interception
12 carries, 12 yards

He also got sacked about 4 times....

DP missed several open receivers. Not by over or under throwing them, not seeing them. It appeared he was locked in on one receiver from the get go and one would think that with his experience (he has taken almost every snap in the Spring and Fall camp) would have gone through his progressions a little better. He looked nervous and tenative. Admittedly the O-line wasn't giving him much time, but you have to make hasty decisions. Cadet came in with some swagger and confidence. He is the real deal. I feel a lot better about seasons 2010/11 now.

boonegoon
September 6th, 2009, 10:32 AM
DP also probably had more playbook to work with. Trying to do too much me thinks. Cadet came in and ran it sideline to sideline 8 straight times. Flat out winded the ECU d line thus softening up their D. I think DP was a little amped and needed to settle down, I say he is still good, just needs more time in the pocket. Also, he didn't use his legs enough.

ASU_MBA
September 6th, 2009, 11:18 AM
DP was skipping balls to wide open guys....looked way too nervous and showed no real take control leadership.....he thought he could somehow out run ECU players sideline to sideline....did not feel the pressure in the pocket and misread several option plays...I like DP but he looked really bad...and after Jamal Jackson learns the O DP may move to 3rd string next year...

Cadet missed two passes and threw no picks...his running ability will open up things down field..If you compare Cadet to AE then yes Cadet is not in the same league throwing the ball. But comparing how Cadet and DP threw is a push if not Cadet looked better....Cadet rifled a couple throws in there...

I say start Cadet and only use AE if fall behind against McNeese...if our 2nd half D shows up this week Cadet can score more than enough points for us to win...

BarefootApp
September 6th, 2009, 11:36 AM
What in the world happened to the "stable of running backs?" Radford? Welker? Chisholm? Anybody hear anything?

ASU_MBA
September 6th, 2009, 11:59 AM
What in the world happened to the "stable of running backs?" Radford? Welker? Chisholm? Anybody hear anything?

I know...I thought the same...it was the Moore and Baker show...Baker looked good.....I bet we see more guys this week and more 2 back sets.

Mountaineer#96
September 6th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Really, with the amount of talent at the RB pos. you would think they would be placing fresh legs on the field every series.........but in first games of the year that means more ball control issues.

wcucat85
September 6th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Guys I watched the game..............yes FORMER wcu player early 80's watched the App game.I thought App looked great...........Really.............You guys are loaded.....will kick us again this year...not too bad I hope.Cadet is going to awesome and Press ....well he will be the next Hillary at Wide out..................I watched Western last night and our offense...is just horrible.....Our defense will be on the field a lot and even though I think they are much better than last year you cant stay on the field 37 minutes of a game like last night...App will be playing deep into December though guys.....Need not worry

Aho_Old_Guy
September 6th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Guys I watched the game..............yes FORMER wcu player early 80's watched the App game.I thought App looked great...........Really.............You guys are loaded.....will kick us again this year...not too bad I hope.Cadet is going to awesome and Press ....well he will be the next Hillary at Wide out..................I watched Western last night and our offense...is just horrible.....Our defense will be on the field a lot and even though I think they are much better than last year you cant stay on the field 37 minutes of a game like last night...App will be playing deep into December though guys.....Need not worry

It's a long season ---- hopefully the guys can bring their 'A' game every week.

You guys take it to GW this week at the 'whee (and would appreciate yah dishin' out some Statesboro Blues to the home team on the 19th).

appfan2008
September 6th, 2009, 01:58 PM
cadet is number 2 and that is ok... dp can go return punts and be useful that way

ericsaid
September 6th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Put him at RB till next season. Travaris Cadet that is. Or reciever just get him out in space.

MarchingMountaineer
September 6th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Cadet has to be #2 now.

DP did play that bad to me. I watched a good 5-6 plays that I know AE gets out of without a sack and gets a run (even for no gain) or at least throws it away instead of running without purpose.

Though it definitely seemed ECU got wore down later and could have helped Cadet look better.

Still think DP has some skills and needs to be on the field for something, sometime. Maybe he takes over PR duty?

I know DP isn't AE, but the plays were designed to be run with definite receiver routes, blocking schemes and decision-points. It took DP too long to decide what to do and that limited his options. ECU figured him out quickly. Good call to put Cadet in.

feb18blacksunday
September 6th, 2009, 11:28 PM
player vs play maker. #7 wins.

ASU_MBA
September 6th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Cadet is 2nd string now IMO..Cadet is only going to get better...Think about it guys he is pretty much a true freshman on the field at QB......I was never really wowed by DP last year and he looked very nervous and never took charge in the first half. He fumbled the ball several times last season and just made bad decisions...he was never lights out against WCU...he managed the end of the game against Elon and helped get a FG but still not a wow man....DP thinks his spread can get him around the edge everytime but it may have worked in HS but not at this level.... Cadet gives us a level of fast and tough running DP will never have..Cadet can move the pile like Landers did for JMU and cut similiar to Jayson Foster while still having a good enough arm to make you think twice about pulling up the secondary...I think once Jamal Jackson catches on next year DP will be moved to wideout....Jackson can gun it....DP is too good to keep off the field...I like DP and think he is a class act but DP is not and will never be the answer at QB if we want to fly more flags...

Mountaineer#96
September 6th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Never throw a player under the bus b/c one did well in a half of play..........there are too many other factors to be seen here.....this one won't be figured out till this weekend IMO. Although Cadet looked very good.

ASU_MBA
September 7th, 2009, 12:50 AM
Never throw a player under the bus b/c one did well in a half of play..........there are too many other factors to be seen here.....this one won't be figured out till this weekend IMO. Although Cadet looked very good.

it was more than a half.....not impressed with DP last year

appstate38
September 7th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Cadet probably be the #2 man, BUT DP has had been pretty effective against other FCS teams so I think he would give a better account of himself against a team from our division.... I also believe DP is a better passer than Cadet. Based on some of the throws he attempted at the end of the game and through out the 4th qtr.

ASU
September 7th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Cadet has only been on campus for three weeks....his passing may improve with additional reps.
I would play Cadet and bring in AE if we need him. If not, if we get a decent lead put DP in to give him some of his confidence back.