PDA

View Full Version : Wasn't it just a year ago

dungeonjoe
December 11th, 2005, 03:27 AM
that some ASU folks were calling for ASU to fire Jerry Moore and his staff?

What a difference a year makes...

GSUISBACK
December 11th, 2005, 04:58 AM

Ya think.
Signed Mike Sewak :smiley_wi

dungeonjoe
December 11th, 2005, 05:26 AM
Ya think.
Signed Mike Sewak :smiley_wi

:doh: :doh: xlolx :bow:

good one!

SoCon48
December 11th, 2005, 05:54 AM

Only the f'n idiots or mis-informed were.

They will again if App fails to win the NC. (at least some of them)

JCline

BigApp
December 11th, 2005, 08:25 AM

Yes, you are correct. Many did want him gone. However, that sentiment was a symptom of the frustrations we have had for decades regarding larger issues within our Athletic Department.

We finally got rid of the old guard AD and Chancellor. It is flat out amazing what a difference just 2 people can make. And yes, what difference a year makes! :)

SoCon48
December 11th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Yes, you are correct. Many did want him gone. However, that sentiment was a symptom of the frustrations we have had for decades regarding larger issues within our Athletic Department.

We finally got rid of the old guard AD and Chancellor. It is flat out amazing what a difference just 2 people can make. And yes, what difference a year makes! :)
Absolutely un-excusable. If Laney was the problem, the angst should have been leveled at him alone. Common decency.
I think Borkowski and Hauser were the problems with athletics. Hauser is a great guy, but he has never stuck his neck out for ASU athletics.
The root of the prob is lack of $$. By playing LSU and Kansas, we took a big step in the direction of correcting financial problems. If I'm wrong about Hauser, I'd love to hear concrete items he has pushed for.

SoCon48
December 11th, 2005, 12:55 PM
. Many did want him gone. However, that sentiment was a symptom of the frustrations we have had for decades regarding larger issues within our Athletic Department.

:)
BTW, as you know, the Mountaineer Message Board was saturated with anti-Moore sentiments. One even went/goes by NoMoore for his screen name. That's his prerogative but did nothing for unity among ASU football fans.
That's my OPINION!

yosefcity
December 11th, 2005, 01:12 PM
NoMoore needs to change his sn because he is an idiot of major proportion. If you have No Moore then you have No National Championship trip. What a tool!!!

youwouldno
December 11th, 2005, 03:34 PM
I think it just says a lot about App St. fans.

tralfangar
December 11th, 2005, 04:11 PM
I'll work on being perfect like Furman fans =\ It's a long process, but I'm edging closer and closer to immortality.

Saint3333
December 11th, 2005, 04:17 PM
youwouldno nice generic statement. I guess that would make you a typical furman fan. :bang:

Great game yesterday, see you in Boone again next year, is there any chance Felton could stay at home next year, it's a scary thought that guy is only a sophomore.

Mountaineer#96
December 11th, 2005, 04:53 PM
I'm pretty sure most people close to the team knew that with the amount of talent coming into this fall, this was going to be now or never for Coach Moore. Had ASU not made the playoffs this year yes Coach would likely be let go. There might have been some people after last year calling for his head but most that know this team knew that this was to be the year. Our inexperienced defense from a year ago has evolved into a play making machine. They always come up big when its needed. The offense has spread the ball wonderfully and now with a running back that is actually born for the type of offense we run, the running game is back at ASU. I wouldnt be surprised if Coach retires after this season, but most in Boone are looking for a contract extension.