PDA

View Full Version : Patriots 1st week WEAK

RichH2
September 5th, 2009, 03:37 PM
LU forgot to show up at their home opener and received a royal butt kicking from a good CCSU team. LU showed little either on O or D upon which to base any favorable outlook for the season. QB which s/b a strength was as bad as I've seen from a LU qb in many a yr . FU seems ready to resume their underperformance of last yr. GU put up the best by keeping HC game so close. On the other hand I do not think HC showed up either. Let us hope tonight's games improve PL performance

DFW HOYA
September 5th, 2009, 03:39 PM
GU put up the best by keeping HC game so close.

The HC fans will rightly counter that they missed numerous chances to knock the game wide open in the second quarter. Georgetown's offense may be a step behind last year...think about that one for a while.

89Hen
September 5th, 2009, 03:43 PM
NEC > PL right now? xeyebrowx

RichH2
September 5th, 2009, 03:51 PM
DFW I guess you are saying GU same plays as last year. BAD , but your D must be better. Some sign of improvement.

It does appear that scholarship NEC has passed PL, hope we do better tonite. I would expect that the disparity will widen over the next fewyears.

Go...gate
September 5th, 2009, 04:38 PM

I think it is possible.

ngineer
September 5th, 2009, 09:43 PM
The HC fans will rightly counter that they missed numerous chances to knock the game wide open in the second quarter. Georgetown's offense may be a step behind last year...think about that one for a while.

Did you attend? Since we don't seem to have any Crusaders regularly, here, I'm interested to know what the Hoyas did to stifle Dominique?xconfusedx

ngineer
September 5th, 2009, 09:47 PM
I think it is possible.

No, I think it is a now real. With the scholarships in place, now for several years, you can easily see the improvement in the athleticism of the NEC. Albany and CCSU, who we, unfortunately, have now seen are clearly at the top level of any PL school. Unless we change course, soon, we should just forget trying to make any pretense of wanting to be able to contend for a national title. Coen said that when he came to Lehigh, and he and all the coaches see the handwriting. Got to give the troops the ammunition if you really want to have a shot...

breezy
September 5th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Well, I'm not sure I would call it a stifle -- Dom had 414 yards passing and a few more running as well. HC missed scoring opportunities -- bad snap on short FG attempt, fumble on the 1-yard line -- and seemed to have several dropped passes. Game was much more one-sided than the score indicated. Credit to Georgetwon for fighting all the way.

ngineer
September 5th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Well, I'm not sure I would call it a stifle -- Dom had 414 yards passing and a few more running as well. HC missed scoring opportunities -- bad snap on short FG attempt, fumble on the 1-yard line -- and seemed to have several dropped passes. Game was much more one-sided than the score indicated. Credit to Georgetwon for fighting all the way.

Thanks. Scores can be deceiving and I hadn't seen any stats or film or report. A stout D always keeps you within sniffing distance of a win. The name of the game is points not yards.

TheValleyRaider
September 5th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Full credit to the NEC. They've improved while the PL has stood still. I'm not saying anything all of us don't already know, unfortunately

That being said, let's not bury this PL season just yet. No team is ever as good or as bad as it looks on opening day. Still plenty of opportunity for all our teams to make some statements this year xreadx

...at least, that's what I'm hoping

DFW HOYA
September 5th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Did you attend? Since we don't seem to have any Crusaders regularly, here, I'm interested to know what the Hoyas did to stifle Dominique?xconfusedx

Stifle isn't the word, as Randolph threw for 414 yards. HC was held short on three drives inside the 10, and fumbled one drive away at the one. If they had converted TD's on those drives the score would have been 42-7.

Georgetown's defense was on the field a lot, and wore out towards the end. But beyond the first series, the Hoyas' offense was in a familiar role, combining for just over 100 yards.

carney2
September 6th, 2009, 08:04 AM

For certain at the top. Not so much with the NEC bottom feeders.

aceinthehole
September 6th, 2009, 08:30 AM
For certain at the top. Not so much with the NEC bottom feeders.

Are you kidding????

CCSU was picked 3rd in the NEC and dominated PL preseason #3 Lehigh.

Duquense was picked near the bottom (6th) in the NEC!

Everyone in the NEC (except SHU and Wagner), exceded expectations this week. Who had a "good" week for the PL?

I think there is no longer any doubt the PL is years away from where it was and the NEC has emerged as a credible and worthy AQ conference.

RichH2
September 6th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Overall, I thought PL had improved.I still think the PL has but not nearlyas much as the NEC has.

True the season may improve. I certainly expect LU to get better butwe have such along way togo.

Thank God for Gate

DFW HOYA
September 6th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Another PL problem: attendance.

On a clear, sunny day in the Northeast, here were the totals for three PL home games:

Lehigh: 6,140
Holy Cross: 5,897
Colgate: 5,263

These are schools that should be capable of an opening crowd of 9-10,000 in warm weather.

gmoney55
September 6th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Are you kidding????

CCSU was picked 3rd in the NEC and dominated PL preseason #3 Lehigh.

Duquense was picked near the bottom (6th) in the NEC!

Everyone in the NEC (except SHU and Wagner), exceded expectations this week. Who had a "good" week for the PL?

I think there is no longer any doubt the PL is years away from where it was and the NEC has emerged as a credible and worthy AQ conference.

Nice that you conveniently left out that the PL's No. 2 Colgate, dominated the NEC's, Monmouth. That game was 35-16 before a late TD. Wouldn't that be a "good" week if CCSU's 7-point win is "dominating"?

I'd also say if the expectations are higher, then the results should be too. I thought Albany would win, I wouldn't call a 3-point loss at a so-so GSU "exceeding" expectations.

TheValleyRaider
September 6th, 2009, 10:07 AM

On a clear, sunny day in the Northeast, here were the totals for three PL home games:

These are schools that should be capable of an opening crowd of 9-10,000 in warm weather.

I don't know where that number for Colgate comes from, but the home side was nearly full last night. No way the crowd was just 5,000. Unless Monmouth brought no fans (and it sure sounded like they had support), that number is too low

Easily one of the biggest crowds I've seen at a Colgate game since I started watching in 2003

ngineer
September 6th, 2009, 10:38 AM

Not at all surprising for Labor Day Weekend. It's the same reason we have low attendance on the first round of the playoffs on Thanksgiving Weekend. First, alot of students, who have been in school for a couple weeks, go home (especially freshmen at small schools who are within a few hours drive). Secondly, I know at least 10 alumni at Lehigh (who with their families/friends would have numbered about 40) who were on vacation at the shore. A lot of people around here who have places at the shore go down for the 'last fling' and to start closing up. Third, CCSU only had about 50 people on the visitors side. There were a fair number of open seats in the sold out chairbacks due to people being away. Fourth, a good number of high school games Saturday afternoon (as opposed to Friday night) for some reason. I think Lehigh would have had about 8,000 had the game been next week. However, this does not ignore the drop in overall attendance, due in part to the crack down on drinking at the tailgates thereby keeping a fair number of students on campus away.

ngineer
September 6th, 2009, 10:41 AM

Historically, in looking back, a lot also depends on the visiting team. With good weather, and a guest that travels well, then Lehigh will have 9-12,000. Assuming a decent product on the field, Lehigh, alone, will have about 8,000. All depends, then on how many the opponent brings along. Some weekends are aberrations, too, with special weekends for parents and alumni.

RichH2
September 6th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Unless, Andy can refocus his staff and keep the kids from imploding , attendance will be weak , other than Parents' weekend and the like.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2009, 01:30 PM
I thought there was more than 6,000. Do students count towards the attendance? The home side was pretty much full, 8,000, plus a solid amount on the bank.

danefan
September 6th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Based on week 1, I'm not sure anyone can argue that Albany & CCSU aren't better than the top of the PL.

However, top to bottom I still give the PL a slight edge, mainly because of how far down Wagner and SHU seem to be and how it looks like G'town may be pretty decent.

Regardless, its a world away from where we were even 3 years ago.

We'll be able to settle it on the field every year from here on out though as I suspect the NEC and PL AQ's will be playing in the opening round of the playoffs starting in 2010.xthumbsupx

And don't take Monmouth's performance as indicative of anything. The #3 spot in the preseason poll was based on Sinisi alone. That won't work in real life - they are way too one dimensional. I expect them to lose 3 or 4 NEC games this year.

crusader11
September 6th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Based on week 1, I'm not sure anyone can argue that Albany & CCSU aren't better than the top of the PL.

Both are good football teams, probably on par with Colgate and Holy Cross. Although, I still think HC is better, or at least the homer in me thinks that. You'd be foolish to think though that you couldn't even argue that HC and Colgate are better than Albany and Central. All 4 are good football teams, let's rehash this debate in 4 weeks and we'll see where the teams stand. After one week, it's hard to debate who the better team is.

HoyaMetanoia
September 6th, 2009, 03:48 PM

However, top to bottom I still give the PL a slight edge, mainly because of how far down Wagner and SHU seem to be and how it looks like G'town may be pretty decent.

We'll be able to settle it on the field every year from here on out though as I suspect the NEC and PL AQ's will be playing in the opening round of the playoffs starting in 2010.xthumbsupx

And don't take Monmouth's performance as indicative of anything. The #3 spot in the preseason poll was based on Sinisi alone. That won't work in real life - they are way too one dimensional. I expect them to lose 3 or 4 NEC games this year.

I think you're overrating Georgetown's performance yesterday. The Georgetown offense at one point had 9 straight punts, had 169 total yards and 0 possessions in the HC red zone. The defense also gave up 414 yards through the air, 509 yards total and 7 red zone possessions for HC.

crusader11
September 6th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Although HC shot themselves in the foot multiple times yesterday, I don't think there was any doubt that this was not the same Georgetown team as in years past. Going from 55-0 to 20-7 is a drastic improvement.

hawkineer
September 6th, 2009, 04:12 PM
[/B]

Historically, in looking back, a lot also depends on the visiting team. With good weather, and a guest that travels well, then Lehigh will have 9-12,000. Assuming a decent product on the field, Lehigh, alone, will have about 8,000.

It is all about the product on the field. The product has deteriorated so much that it is clearly affecting attendace. Given the choice of what to do on a warm, sunny Saturday afternoon, people are opting for the shore or lake rather than watch a mediocre team. Perhaps the University has taken for granted the fan support that it has enjoyed in the past.

I think fans can live with losing as long as the team is fun to watch including a wide-open, prolific offense (i.e. Hank Small days) and plays with some emotion and grit. One quarter into the game yesterday, the crowd was quiet and bored. The team made it very difficult to stay into the game given the 3 and outs and ill-timed turnovers and mistakes. When the crowd did get into the game somewhat, Clark throws a terrible interception or the coaches are so disorganized as to allow too many men on the field to keep a CC drive going that should have been over.

Lehigh's fan support at home and on the road up until the past couple of years has been second to none in the Partiot League. Perhaps the hit to the pocket book will finally motivate the administration to make a change in the football program. With seven home games, there was a chunk of money to be had if the team averages 10-12k/game rather than 6-8k.

ngineer
September 6th, 2009, 07:29 PM
I thought there was more than 6,000. Do students count towards the attendance? The home side was pretty much full, 8,000, plus a solid amount on the bank.

Yes, I was surprised by the 'official' count. The home side was not 'packed' but with the students on "the hill" and the few on the visitor's side, I estimated 8,000, i.e. a full packed homeside. Since students don't pay, maybe they don't count them.

Go...gate
September 6th, 2009, 08:09 PM
IMO, until the PL gets scholarships it will be like this.

We will probably hold our own against the Pioneer, Ivy, NEC and maybe the Big South, but struggle mightily against the rest of FCS.

It pains me to say this, but the reality may be that our administrations will accept this status as long as we retain an auto-qualifier for the play-offs.

RichH2
September 6th, 2009, 08:31 PM
At present levels we will not be competitive with NEC or IL with any consistency.

Dont forget as much as I love LU and our little band of brothers in the PL, we are tweeners, we are not the biggest best most distinctive, most innovative etc etc. We are excellent but not the best. Always a stepchild of the Ivies unless we can wean ouselves from the Ivy teat. With schollies sprouting thru out the East , Ivies with unltd $$$, we are becoming an occasional conference, once in a while when the stars are right we become somewhat relevant nationally.
I do not want to join the Ancient 8 in self imposed exile. We have neither the cache nor the $$ to pull it off. It would gall me tono end to go back to be the Ivies schedule fillers

ngineer
September 6th, 2009, 08:32 PM
IMO, until the PL gets scholarships it will be like this.

We will probably hold our own against the Pioneer, Ivy, NEC and maybe the Big South, but struggle mightily against the rest of FCS.

It pains me to say this, but the reality may be that our administrations will accept this status as long as we retain an auto-qualifier for the play-offs.

You may be correct. But then they should stop blowing smoke up or azzes about how we want to eventually compete for a national title, and that they're "pleased as punch" just to have the PL champ go to the 'big dance'. This 'middle of the road' dance bothers me. Either we ***** and get off the 'need based pot' and go scholarship or we drop out of the FCS and confederate with the Ivy with our respective champions playing on Thanksgiving weekend or the first weekend in December. Call it the "Egghead Bowl"..or howabout the "IQ Bowl" since we won't have a "AQ"....;)xsmhx

DFW HOYA
September 6th, 2009, 08:39 PM
At present levels we will not be competitive with NEC or IL with any consistency...I do not want to join the Ancient 8 in self imposed exile. We have neither the cache nor the $$ to pull it off. It would gall me to no end to go back to be the Ivies schedule fillers

This is the impasse the Center Valley folks have found themselves in:

Fordham has the money and the drive--it could be spending as much as $5M on football by 2012.
Colgate and Lehigh probably would go along.
Holy Cross may have the money but not the drive to do it.
Bucknell probably has the drive but not the money.
Lafayette is giving off signals that it scholarships may be a non-starter.
Georgetown doesn't have the money in either case.

Fordham would leave, but would Lehigh and Colgate leave the PL over this? I don't see it.

ngineer
September 6th, 2009, 09:05 PM
At present levels we will not be competitive with NEC or IL with any consistency.

Dont forget as much as I love LU and our little band of brothers in the PL, we are tweeners, we are not the biggest best most distinctive, most innovative etc etc. We are excellent but not the best. Always a stepchild of the Ivies unless we can wean ouselves from the Ivy teat. With schollies sprouting thru out the East , Ivies with unltd $$$, we are becoming an occasional conference, once in a while when the stars are right we become somewhat relevant nationally.
I do not want to join the Ancient 8 in self imposed exile. We have neither the cache nor the $$ to pull it off. It would gall me tono end to go back to be the Ivies schedule fillers

I like that...'neither the cache or the cash'..;)

Go...gate
September 6th, 2009, 11:12 PM
You may be correct. But then they should stop blowing smoke up or azzes about how we want to eventually compete for a national title, and that they're "pleased as punch" just to have the PL champ go to the 'big dance'. This 'middle of the road' dance bothers me. Either we ***** and get off the 'need based pot' and go scholarship or we drop out of the FCS and confederate with the Ivy with our respective champions playing on Thanksgiving weekend or the first weekend in December. Call it the "Egghead Bowl"..or howabout the "IQ Bowl" since we won't have a "AQ"....;)xsmhx

I'm not saying I like it; but I'm not getting the feeling that we are all together on this and the Presidents may use that to prolong the inertia. Just my xtwocentsx

TheValleyRaider
September 6th, 2009, 11:34 PM
I'm not saying I like it; but I'm not getting the feeling that we are all together on this and the Presidents may use that to prolong the inertia. Just my xtwocentsx

Maybe, but depending on who exactly is together (that is, is Fordham in or out of that group?), then I still think the most likely outcome is the acceptance of scholarships on an individual basis, like the schools did with all other sports. If the ultimate goal is to keep the conference together (and that includes Fordham), then they'd have to give on the issue in some way xtwocentsx

Of course, if you're still right, but Fordham as an associate is not part of that grouping (being an associate member and all), then I would not be surprised to see nothing happen except the exodus of the Rams...

danefan
September 7th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Both are good football teams, probably on par with Colgate and Holy Cross. Although, I still think HC is better, or at least the homer in me thinks that. You'd be foolish to think though that you couldn't even argue that HC and Colgate are better than Albany and Central. All 4 are good football teams, let's rehash this debate in 4 weeks and we'll see where the teams stand. After one week, it's hard to debate who the better team is.

I'm basing my opinion on week 1 - however strong the evidence, its the only evidence we have.

Colgate beat a middle of the pack NEC team.
Holy Cross was taken into the 4th Q against Georgetown - a team that, no offense to G'town fans, shouldn't be within 5 TD's of the PL's best.

By all accounts except homer accounts (and even some homer accounts - see the Morning Call & LFN's Sunday Word) CCSU dominated Lehigh, a team that PL fans were indicating would fight for the title and could possibly get an at-large.

And, Albany should have beaten Georgia Southern and lost on a 45yrd field goal with 40 seconds left.

Sorry guy, but at this point there is no reason to think that any PL team would matched GSU pound for pound like Albany did.

That's my opinion based on week 1. It could and will likely change next week, but for now that's it. All I know is that short of a huge upset by someone, there has got to be a major shakeup before any PL team finds a place in my top 25 the rest of the season. xpeacex

gmoney55
September 7th, 2009, 07:56 AM
I'm basing my opinion on week 1 - however strong the evidence, its the only evidence we have.

Colgate beat a middle of the pack NEC team.Holy Cross was taken into the 4th Q against Georgetown - a team that, no offense to G'town fans, shouldn't be within 5 TD's of the PL's best.

By all accounts except homer accounts (and even some homer accounts - see the Morning Call & LFN's Sunday Word) CCSU dominated Lehigh, a team that PL fans were indicating would fight for the title and could possibly get an at-large.

And, Albany should have beaten Georgia Southern and lost on a 45yrd field goal with 40 seconds left.

Sorry guy, but at this point there is no reason to think that any PL team would matched GSU pound for pound like Albany did.

That's my opinion based on week 1. It could and will likely change next week, but for now that's it. All I know is that short of a huge upset by someone, there has got to be a major shakeup before any PL team finds a place in my top 25 the rest of the season. xpeacex

Understandable opinions, but as you said it's a bit early to make too many statements. Monmouth was picked second in the NEC so they could certainly contend and Colgate dominated them, while Lehigh could just as easily finish 2-4 in the PL as they could 4-2.

danefan
September 7th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Understandable opinions, but as you said it's a bit early to make too many statements. Monmouth was picked second in the NEC so they could certainly contend and Colgate dominated them, while Lehigh could just as easily finish 2-4 in the PL as they could 4-2.

Believe me, I agree. My opinions are based on what we've seen so far.
And FWIW, I've said it on here a ton of times that Monmouth would have a down year. I also picked them to lose to Colgate in week 1. xpeacex

aceinthehole
September 7th, 2009, 09:50 AM

IMO - Colgate was most impressive for the PL this week.

Although, MU was picked #2 in the NEC a lot of that was respect. They've been very, very good and they have an all-American return at RB (Sinisi). They are well coached and are 3-0 vs. CCSU the past 3 seasons. But they started a QB with no college experienece, and I knew they would struggle early. Monmouth will get better, and Colgate started the season well, so that's a great sign for them.

I don't think we know too much from one week, but based on the last few years there is no doubt in generall, UA, CCSU, and Monmouth are AS GOOD, or BETTER than the best the PL has to offer. So IMO, those teams didn't do much to change that fact (although they may have opened up some people eyes on a national basis).

What was great about the NEC this week, was Duquense, RMU, and SFPA. Here a team picked near the bottom of the NEC nocked off a similarly ranked PL team. That shows the NEC strenght is STARTING to trickle down. Look at the 1 year difference in score between RMU/VMI. A huge improvement for the Colonials vs an AQ congerence team. And the Flash were "respectable" vs some of the best FCS has to offer. Its clear the flash have no depth, and lots of holes to fill, but it seemed like they put a crediable defense on the filed vs. a CAA team.

So I think the PL is better than the NEC based on the bottom half of each conference. But what I saw that should scare PL fans more than the LU loss, was the respectable showings by most of the NEC. However, its clear to this NEC fans we have a long way to go to bring up the bottom of our conference (damn Wagner and SHU).

blukeys
September 7th, 2009, 11:08 AM

To me this is as concise analysis of the problem facing the PL out there. From where I sit there is no real consensus about where the PL wants go go and who they want to be. Observing these discussions and reading the articles, I get the impression that there are many in the academic leadership of the PL that would like to see the PL imitate the Ivies and pretend there is no FCS football outside of their conference. This is due more to pure snootyism than any rational look at what is best for the institutions or their athletes. In my view the Ivies can continue to pull it off but I don't believe that the PL can.

Go Gate refers to inertia. The reality that I have seen in CAA competition is that anyone who is not moving forward is falling behind because the competition is getting better daily. The NEC is proving this vis a vis the PL for anyone who cares to notice.

What is amazing to me is that the academic "leaders" seem so besotted with the Ivy model that they ignore the quality private academic institutions that are very competitive at this level.

It is as if schools such as Richmond, Nova, Furman, Wofford, and dare I say Elon, don't exist.

Fordham's decision looks better every day in cutting loose from the Pl.

As long as the Ivy wannabe's are in charge of this situation, I don't see meaningful help.

RichH2
September 7th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Blukeys,

As far as the Ivies are concerned the rest of us are mere shadows on their Ivy halls . Too many of the PL academic leaders worship the idea of hanging on those walls. I would rather join W&M, Richmond et al and go for athletic and academic excellence. They are not mutually exclusive

Pard4Life
September 7th, 2009, 11:41 AM
The Lehigh fans might take this the wrong way, but their performance really begs the question if they are really a top PL team. So, is this game even a fair benchmark of the NEC vs. the PL? Preseason rankings are bogus, as we all know.

For you NEC fans, Lehigh's performance put them in the same tier as Bucknell and Georgetown. I was at the game, and Lehigh was terrible, terrible.

Many people, including the radio announcers, keep looking at games through the scholarship viewpoint. While pertinent over the long-term, it was not the case on Saturday. I saw more tactical errors, poor fundamentals, and unprepared play on behalf of Lehigh (CCSU made some too, but not nearly as many or as bad) which leads me to believe this is a coaching and team preparation issue rather than scholarships. Blaming the larger issue can be an excuse for not taking care of the basics.

And, Lehigh was nowhere near the same team that beat Lafayette last year.

blukeys
September 7th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Blukeys,

As far as the Ivies are concerned the rest of us are mere shadows on their Ivy halls . Too many of the PL academic leaders worship the idea of hanging on those walls. I would rather join W&M, Richmond et al and go for athletic and academic excellence. They are not mutually exclusive

Agreed. I get the view though that many PL administrators have yet to figure it out.

RichH2
September 7th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Pard , you have hit on the angst most LU fane are going thru today,Talent overblown? Coaching unprepared?

Maybe a bit of both. Scholarships not an issue for CCSU game,lack of preparation and I think some overestimation of our ability by coaches more to the point. Altho neither really addressess Clark's poor showing. The point of merit aid is that NEC has pulled closer and top certainly competitive with HC and Gate. Next yr and the 1 after that , the PL will slip more.

NFLCB2
September 7th, 2009, 01:25 PM

That type of statement just says to me that you really just don't like monmouth.

Seawolf97
September 7th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Blukeys,

Good points. You are exactly correct- schools can be bothxpeacex

danefan
September 7th, 2009, 03:00 PM
That type of statement just says to me that you really just don't like monmouth.

No, I just don't think they'll be as good this year. Last year the TE and QB gave a little more dimension than just Sinisi. I wish Monmouth all the luck in the world because the NEC needs them to do well, but I honestly see loses to CCSU, Albany and possibly Duquesne and RMU this year.xpeacex

aceinthehole
September 7th, 2009, 03:40 PM
No, I just don't think they'll be as good this year. Last year the TE and QB gave a little more dimension than just Sinisi. I wish Monmouth all the luck in the world because the NEC needs them to do well, but I honestly see loses to CCSU, Albany and possibly Duquesne and RMU this year.xpeacex

I'm with Dane. We need (and want) a good Monmouth for the SOS of the NEC. I even agreed with them #2 preseason - out of respect. The NEC is lucky to have 3 great rushers (McCarty, Sinisi, and Mallory) and I think by an inch Sinisi is the best of the league, but the Hawks lost a lot.

Until the QB gets some reps and prove themself, and someone other than Sinisi emerges as a huge offensive threat, you have to admit MU is poised to take a small step back. You don't have a Miles Austin as you've had in past seasons. You had one of the best QBs in the history of the program graduate and a TE gets drafted to the NFL. You have to expect some tempered expecations.

NFLCB2
September 7th, 2009, 03:44 PM
I agree also.. Just wanted to hear your reason... I can't deny that your dead on

NFLCB2
September 7th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Monmouth was more one dimensional last year. The QB wasnt asked to do much and TE was only used for 5 to 10 yard outs. Mc Carty Sinsi and Mallory but also dont forget to include Russ from RMU he is dangerous!