PDA

View Full Version : Georgetowns Offense (or lack of)

CFBfan
September 5th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Why does Georgetown stay with their OC??
The D plays a great game against a high powered O but after over a dozen 3 and outs by their O, the GTown D wears down and they loose...again.
20 - 7 to the preseason league favorite is "respectable" Imagine if they had an offense....any offense!!
am I wrong or does this OC just not get it?
I know someone that was at Bryant when he was there and after he left and they were very unimpressed by him and their program turned around right after he left.
Why is Coach Kelly letting his future ride with this Guy??

DFW HOYA
September 5th, 2009, 03:13 PM
This team managed 11 punts in 12 series (nine of which were three and out) with the exact same game plan every series, against the 109th ranked pass defense in I-AA last year: short passes at the line of scrimmage and a long pass is five yards upfield.

Astounding.

breezy
September 5th, 2009, 04:31 PM
I will reserve decision on whether the HC defense has gotten better because I agree that Georgetown simply showed no real offense after their game-opening drive for a TD.

Coincidentally, HC had the better Houghton in this game. HC Frosh Eddie added some "umph" to the HC running game in the second half. GT Senior Charlie was pretty much a non-factor.

HoyaMetanoia
September 6th, 2009, 11:52 AM
You're a new Hoya CFBfan, you'll learn soon that this is the norm.

Not only poor play calling, but bizarre personnel decisions. If Stafford is the best QB prospect on the team, why isn't he the back up? Darby wasn't doing anything yesterday.

And the defense did an admirable job, but let's also realize that they gave up 414 yards through the air. I wouldn't get too excited over the score when, if you saw the game, in reality it wasn't close.

DFW HOYA
September 6th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Not only poor play calling, but bizarre personnel decisions. If Stafford is the best QB prospect on the team, why isn't he the back up? Darby wasn't doing anything yesterday.

Agreed, but I'm still trying to figure out why a Big East-level sprinter in Kenny Mitchell only got 18 passes last year.

CFBfan
September 6th, 2009, 03:36 PM
You're a new Hoya CFBfan, you'll learn soon that this is the norm.

And the defense did an admirable job, but let's also realize that they gave up 414 yards through the air. I wouldn't get too excited over the score when, if you saw the game, in reality it wasn't close.

Yes I am but I am shocked at the seemingly consistently poor play calling, horrible game plan (I wonder if they even have a game plan) and inability to use the right players as the game situation dictates.......
From I can see, there is some good talent out there and more than any other reason for losing, they are simply out coached.
The D looks resonable but I also wonder why you wouldn't rotate players on D against a team like HC knowing that it will be a long game with the clock stopping a lot with their air game....at least they would've had fresh legs in there???