PDA

View Full Version : NEC Scores

Original_RMC
September 5th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Final
SFPA 14
UNH - 24

Great game by SFPA...everyone thought (including me) that this game would have been over at the half.

CCSU - 28
Lehigh - 21
Late in the 4th

RMU - 7
VMI - 7
Late in the 3rd

Stonehill - 38
Wagner - 28
Late in the 3rd
xoopsx

Bryant - 0
S.Conn - 0
Early in the 1st

Original_RMC
September 5th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Myles Russ
19 carries
212 yards
0 TDs

NFLCB2
September 5th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Final

Stonehill - 38
Wagner - 28
Late in the 3rd
xoopsx

How you like that! I knew Stonehill would give them a game!

NFLCB2
September 5th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Can I get a bonus for calling that Stonehill game?

Dane96
September 5th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Wagner needs to take a serious hard look at what they want to do with football.

St. Francis was the eye opener of the day for me so-far. If that is a true indication of their talent...maybe the worm has turned in Loretto; and that is good thing for the NEC.

Seahawks Fan
September 5th, 2009, 04:28 PM
I was at the Wagner game. On the defensive side we didn't tackle anyone. It seemed like Stonehill had 250 yards rushing. On offense we don't have much of an attack. Strictly short passing and no effective running game. It's going to be a long season. It's time for Hameline to relinquish control. We are no longer competitive.

dgreco
September 5th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Bryant 19 - 10 Southern Connecticut

Final

dgreco
September 5th, 2009, 04:52 PM
RMU lost by 1, but a good showing.

danefan
September 5th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Albany 16
GSU 12

Halftime

Albany has absolutely dominated the time of possession here.

GSU has done nothing on offense. 7 defensive points, 2 on special teams.

89Hen
September 5th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Albany.... my brother from another mother. Always pull for the Danes. xthumbsupx

ChickenMan
September 5th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Albany looking tough.. GSU's defensive points has them in the game.

rmutv
September 5th, 2009, 06:56 PM
RMU lost by 1, but a good showing.

By the defense? Absolutely. VMI got their yardage, but they also had four turnovers and scored just one offensive touchdown.

By Myles Russ? Indeed. 23 carries, 145 yards.

By the rest of the offense and special teams? Not even close. Three sacks allowed. A blocked extra point that ended up winning the game for VMI when they scored late. Poor returns, including a fair catch by Anthony Coleman at the 1 yard line. And no passes deep down the field despite an effective running game.

Perhaps it was first game jitters for some people, but they'll need to be much more efficient offensively if they want to do anything this year.

rmutv
September 5th, 2009, 08:26 PM
More finals...
Georgia Southern 29
Albany 26

Stonehill 45
Wagner 42

Marist 31
Sacred Heart 12

Duquesne 24
Bucknell 19

dgreco
September 5th, 2009, 08:29 PM
tough lose for Albany and really disappointed with the SHU and Wagner games.

downbythebeach
September 5th, 2009, 08:29 PM
To be fair I think with Marist leaving the MAAC they will be much improved.

Fox 94
September 5th, 2009, 10:10 PM
I think we deserve a little credit.

Marist was getting a lot of disrespect on this board.

In fact I think it was unanimous that SHU would role.

I hope we can keep the momentum going!

Go Foxes!

xpeacex

aceinthehole
September 5th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Overall agreat day for the NEC!!!

As "big" as the CCSU win was, most people saw it coming. The Dukes also knocked off a PL team, without much of a suprise from informed fans.

SFPA was an eye opener. I'm shue the game wasn't as close as the score, but its better than anyone imagined.

Albany, Monmouth, and RMU did what was expected. They played hard and kept it close, all were winnable games. Can't hang your head on that.

Bad games by SHU and Wagner, but I'm so happy abut SFPA they get a pass this week.

:)

JD51
September 6th, 2009, 09:10 AM
I think we deserve a little credit.

Marist was getting a lot of disrespect on this board.

In fact I think it was unanimous that SHU would role.

I hope we can keep the momentum going!

Go Foxes!

xpeacex

So true. Don't expect much respect from NEC and Patriot League posters where the Foxes are concerned (although several years of lackluster performance haven't helped). Hopefully we can keep it going this season. xthumbsupx

downbythebeach
September 6th, 2009, 09:12 AM
The biggest weakness we had was at punter. I think we had three, maybe four punts that were less than 10 yards. One directly resulted in a FG for UNH (they went three and out, but when you start at your opponents 20-something yardline you get that automatically) Our defense played a lot better than our offense. UNH had good field position much of the afternoon, but routinely went three and out, and was picked off several times. The offense in the second half for both teams really sputtered, really after the first quarter was over there really wasnt too much offensive movement other than a couple missed field goal for both teams.

JD51
September 6th, 2009, 09:17 AM
The biggest weakness we had was at punter. I think we had three, maybe four punts that were less than 10 yards. One directly resulted in a FG for UNH (they went three and out, but when you start at your opponents 20-something yardline you get that automatically) Our defense played a lot better than our offense. UNH had good field position much of the afternoon, but routinely went three and out, and was picked off several times. The offense in the second half for both teams really sputtered, really after the first quarter was over there really wasnt too much offensive movement other than a couple missed field goal for both teams.

Nonetheless, a truly impressive showing. Congrats on a great start to the season.

Original_RMC
September 6th, 2009, 10:24 AM
More finals...
Georgia Southern 29
Albany 26

Stonehill 45
Wagner 42

Marist 31
Sacred Heart 12

Duquesne 24
Bucknell 19

Great showing by Albany...wonder how many coaches & players were thinking while on the way..."we should have one that game."

Wagner - - - xrotatehx xlolx xconfusedx xbawlingx

Sacred Heart - - - xeekx...great job Marist. Seems like this is not the old Marist from the days of the MAAC.

Dukes - great way to start the season for them. Congrats

Still stings that RMU went down 13-14 to VMI.