PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Games This Weekend

unipanthers8907
September 4th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Check out my Top 5 FCS Games for this weekend

www.fcsfballcentral.blogspot.com

MsippiRattler
September 4th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Not to sound disparaging, but why would the FCS world consider these games as tops when they all involve FBS teams and are unlikely to have much effect (in case of a loss) on FCS rankings?

89Hen
September 4th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Not to sound disparaging, but why would the FCS world consider these games as tops when they all involve FBS teams and are unlikely to have much effect (in case of a loss) on FCS rankings?
Agreed. Top 5 FCS games should be FCS games.

Redbird Ray
September 4th, 2009, 10:48 AM
But couldn't you argue that the best games should be ones matching teams of equal ability or potential, regardless of whether these games are FBS or FCS? And if this potential can be greater because of the higher quality athletes in FBS, I think that merits recognition.

And besides, one can't ignore the fact that this weekend, there are a lot of games with quality FCS opponents against average FBS teams. SIU/Marshall seems more interesting to me than some Patriot/Ivy matchup or something like that.

89Hen
September 4th, 2009, 11:47 AM
But couldn't you argue that the best games should be ones matching teams of equal ability or potential, regardless of whether these games are FBS or FCS? And if this potential can be greater because of the higher quality athletes in FBS, I think that merits recognition.

And besides, one can't ignore the fact that this weekend, there are a lot of games with quality FCS opponents against average FBS teams. SIU/Marshall seems more interesting to me than some Patriot/Ivy matchup or something like that.
What do you think the record will be in those 5 games?