PDA

View Full Version : Championship game tickets?

ericappstate
December 10th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Does each school get an allotment of tickets for the game? Or are they just through 'Nooga?

December 10th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Does each school get an allotment of tickets for the game? Or are they just through 'Nooga?Participants and Chatty.

ericappstate
December 10th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Participants and Chatty.

Does that mean that some of the seats that aren't available online can be bought from App?

SoCon48
December 11th, 2005, 01:11 AM
Does that mean that some of the seats that aren't available online can be bought from App?

I wouldn't sweat it either way. Finley holds over 20K. Last year's attendance was under 10K if I recall. With UNI being as far away as it is, I'd guess the game will draw 12K at most. Thus getting tickets should be no prob.

ericappstate
December 11th, 2005, 01:20 AM
I wouldn't sweat it either way. Finley holds over 20K. Last year's attendance was under 10K if I recall. With UNI being as far away as it is, I'd guess the game will draw 12K at most. Thus getting tickets should be no prob.

Thanks. Why are there so few tickets available online now though?

SoCon48
December 11th, 2005, 01:31 AM
Thanks. Why are there so few tickets available online now though?

Eric, it's like any other game held in another venue, they only hold back a small %.
Like we only had a few hundred for the Furman game yet we had a couple thou fans show up there in G'ville.
For all intents and purposes, this is a roadie, even though it is in a neutral venue.

ericappstate
December 11th, 2005, 01:39 AM
Eric, it's like any other game held in another venue, they only hold back a small %.
Like we only had a few hundred for the Furman game yet we had a couple thou fans show up there in G'ville.
For all intents and purposes, this is a roadie, even though it is in a neutral venue.

Thanks for the info.

December 11th, 2005, 02:08 AM
I wouldn't sweat it either way. Finley holds over 20K. Last year's attendance was under 10K if I recall. With UNI being as far away as it is, I'd guess the game will draw 12K at most. Thus getting tickets should be no prob.It hasn't been under 10K since '86. Last year was 16,771. Chatty holds 20,668.

Grizo406
December 11th, 2005, 02:31 AM
A question about Championship Game tickets reminds me of a line from a song I helped write...

"To get caught without a ticket
And be discovered beneath a truck.
Oh, Mama, can this really be the end, cause the Griz ain't there?
To be stuck inside of Chattanooga
With the Chattanooga blues again."
-BDylan
-Grizo

chattanoogamocs
December 11th, 2005, 02:42 AM
I have always wondered (since it hasn't happened so far) if they completely, totally, sold-out if they would sell SRO tickets...we have an elevated plaza on the West End Zone (across from First Tennessee Pavilion) that many people already stand to watch games and a "Grassy Knoll" (just watch out for the gunmen :)) in the East End Zone. It could easily accomodate a couple thousand more...I assume if it was ever necessary, the GCSEC and the NCAA would not turn away any with money for a ticket...I sure wouldn't :)

SoCon48
December 11th, 2005, 07:53 AM
It hasn't been under 10K since '86. Last year was 16,771. Chatty holds 20,668.

I stand corrected, Ralph. Still, sadly, 16.8K, unless there is a blinding rainstorm, blizzard, hurricane, tornado, bomb threat, earthquake, team bus wreck, etc etc is pitiful for a DIVISION I football NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. There are high school championship games in several states who draw better than that. :deadhorse

APPST '93
December 11th, 2005, 08:26 AM

I have the same question Eric had. If you go online the North side (APP side) has no seats available. Surely they aren't holding back that many tickets....

GSUBass
December 11th, 2005, 11:10 AM
I stand corrected, Ralph. Still, sadly, 16.8K, unless there is a blinding rainstorm, blizzard, hurricane, tornado, bomb threat, earthquake, team bus wreck, etc etc is pitiful for a DIVISION I football NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. There are high school championship games in several states who draw better than that. :deadhorse

I know that the Statesboro vs. Northside AAAA championship game last Friday that was held in Paulson had 17,000 people in attendance.

December 11th, 2005, 11:25 AM
I have the same question Eric had. If you go online the North side (APP side) has no seats available. Surely they aren't holding back that many tickets....I heard that App was getting 5K tickets to sell.

Black and Gold Express
December 11th, 2005, 11:32 AM
I heard that App was getting 5K tickets to sell.

Both sides are getting 5000. I have no idea on UNI, but you can easily bet that ASU will blow through that number by midweek.

gasouthern01
December 11th, 2005, 11:33 AM
To all Appy fans, enjoy your trip to the Championship game. For many years you guys have deserved to be there, now take it all in and enjoy the entire atmosphere! And most of all, bring the Championship back to the Socon!! Good luck from the GSU nation!!

December 11th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Both sides are getting 5000. I have no idea on UNI, but you can easily bet that ASU will blow through that number by midweek.That would be great!

ericappstate
December 11th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Both sides are getting 5000. I have no idea on UNI, but you can easily bet that ASU will blow through that number by midweek.

I'll be there Monday morning!

tralfangar
December 11th, 2005, 12:16 PM
I'll be there Monday morning!

From my sources most of those "taken" seats are held by our ticket office or UNI's. I'm going to be at Holmes at 8:30 for the 9am opening of the ticket office....I'd recommend you doing the same. They are going to go fast!

chattanoogamocs
December 11th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Cobb said in the TFP yesterday that ASU "should have asked for 10K"...I would love it if that he's right.

As for comparing the numbers to a high school championship...when was the last time two high school teams fans had to travel almost a 1,000 miles (and the other 270) to get to the game?

(maybe in Texas? ;))

yosefcity
December 11th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Ill be @ the ticket office bright an early tomorrow too.

ButlerGSU
December 11th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Who is home and who is visitor? I have seats on the visitor side.

HiHiYikas
December 11th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Who is home and who is visitor? I have seats on the visitor side.
ASU will be wearing white and standing on the North sideline. I believe that's the visitor side.

December 11th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Who is home and who is visitor? I have seats on the visitor side.UNI is the home team, ASU is the visitor. UNI fans sit on the press box side (south) and ASU fans sit on the north side.

ericappstate
December 11th, 2005, 08:01 PM
I got 23 tickets today at the ticket office, I guess someone was getting paid double to work today.

Cocky
December 11th, 2005, 10:10 PM

But not your normal roadie

bcrawf
December 12th, 2005, 09:11 AM
Just an Update from Cedar Falls on Ticket Sales:

As of 8:30 CST this morning (1st day of sales) there has been a line consistently around 100 deep at the Dome and the wait on the phone is around 40 Minutes- Don't look now but I think we will probably sell our entire allotment- So much for that ASU home game!!

yosefcity
December 12th, 2005, 10:05 AM
Eric- I had a family problem this morning and could not get out to the ticket office.

If you happen to have 2 extras could you shoot me an email or if anyone has 2 extras on the App Side. The only tickets left on ASU's side are the upper corner and after supporting this team all year from the 50 I am not sitting up there.

Forgot to add my email

[email protected]

Black and Gold Express
December 12th, 2005, 10:23 AM

As of 8:30 CST this morning (1st day of sales) there has been a line consistently around 100 deep at the Dome and the wait on the phone is around 40 Minutes- Don't look now but I think we will probably sell our entire allotment- So much for that ASU home game!!

I don't think anyone has suggested that UNI wouldn't be well represented. And I am glad to hear that a lot of UNI folks are going to make the game. But I wouldn't bet on there being near to an equal split of fans there.

According to ASU officials, we've got 85,000 alumni within a 6 hour drive of Chattanooga, and they are working hard to get as many as possible to go to the game. I'm also guessing that a good amount of the locals there would side with their conference bretheren from Boone (we don't really have much if any animosity with UC fans that I am aware of).

My initial guess will be that it's a 2:1 ASU fan advantage when all is said and done. And the place will be packed, which will be great for I-AA as a whole.

HiHiYikas
December 12th, 2005, 10:28 AM

I am so glad I gambled and bought tickets 10 days ago...

There were a few times Saturday I was wondering how in the world I could work up the courage to call my Furman alum friends and ask "you need tickets?"

That would have been one of the worst things about losing.

On the topic of ASU's "home game," remember that ASU is accustomed to playing in and traveling to Chattanooga. If this game were at Illinois State, I'm guessing UNI fans would be predicting a much bigger turnout for themselves than for ASU.

It's not like UNI has any worries about playing on the road. Any more, it seems like those guys could win at Lambeau.

EagleCrusade
December 12th, 2005, 10:41 AM
I am so glad I gambled and bought tickets 10 days ago...

There were a few times Saturday I was wondering how in the world I could work up the courage to call my Furman alum friends and ask "you need tickets?"

That would have been one of the worst things about losing.

On the topic of ASU's "home game," remember that ASU is accustomed to playing in and traveling to Chattanooga. If this game were at Illinois State, I'm guessing UNI fans would be predicting a much bigger turnout for themselves than ASU.

It's not like UNI has any worries about playing on the road. Any more, it seems like you guys could win at Lambeau.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! APP TRAVELS?!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! TO UT-C?!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This Friday will be the only time in the history of Finley Stadium that more than 25 App fans have ever made the trip!

APPST '93
December 12th, 2005, 10:54 AM
Just got my 8 tickets from ASU. See you in Chattanooga!

:beerchug:

asumatt
December 12th, 2005, 10:59 AM
After saturdays game i got online and purchased 5 tix to the game. Unfortunately they are on the UNI side. Think there will be any trouble getting over to the mountaineer side, if so i dont mind sitting amongst a few UNI fans, it will only make the victory sweeter.

yosefcity
December 12th, 2005, 11:05 AM
If you happen to have 2 extras could you shoot me an email or if anyone has 2 extras on the App Side. ASU sold out their alotment.

[email protected]

bcrawf
December 12th, 2005, 11:18 AM
I was not implying that UNI will have an equal number of fans, you guys have the distance advantage. But the people predicting that it would be 5 to 1 or better for ASU are just flat wrong. I am not sure how many the stadium holds, but will guess that there will be around 7000 UNI fans there! :nod:

APPST '93
December 12th, 2005, 11:39 AM
My guess will be closer to 3 to 1 if you bring 7K. I just hope the stadium is packed!

Finley seats just under 21k. Of course, they offer standing room only also.

Black and Gold Express
December 12th, 2005, 11:57 AM
This Friday will be the only time in the history of Finley Stadium that more than 25 App fans have ever made the trip!

And those 25 usually outnumber the UC fans in attendance...

Sorry, low blow I know. But the "crowd" at the 2004 ASU/UC game still haunts me. It was a morgue there.

Keydet90
December 12th, 2005, 12:00 PM
What is the record for attendance at a I-AA championship game? I am guessing it was one of the Marshall games back in the 80s or 90s or maybe a Montanna game? Have they ever broken 30K?

ButlerGSU
December 12th, 2005, 12:05 PM
And those 25 usually outnumber the UC fans in attendance...

Sorry, low blow I know. But the "crowd" at the 2004 ASU/UC game still haunts me. It was a morgue there.

lol On UTC's behalf I watched them play Furman on CSS this season and they had at least 100 in the stands.

APPST '93
December 12th, 2005, 12:30 PM
What is the record for attendance at a I-AA championship game? I am guessing it was one of the Marshall games back in the 80s or 90s or maybe a Montanna game? Have they ever broken 30K?

1995 Huntington, W.Va. 32,106

Largest in 'Nooga:
1999 Chattanooga, Tenn. 20,052

EagleCrusade
December 12th, 2005, 02:49 PM
1995 Huntington, W.Va. 32,106

Largest in 'Nooga:
1999 Chattanooga, Tenn. 20,052

YSU travels well I guess.

ASU Kep
December 12th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Eric- I had a family problem this morning and could not get out to the ticket office.

If you happen to have 2 extras could you shoot me an email or if anyone has 2 extras on the App Side. The only tickets left on ASU's side are the upper corner and after supporting this team all year from the 50 I am not sitting up there.

Forgot to add my email

[email protected]

I got back from the ticket office at around 2 and had no problems getting four student tickets, around midfield in the lower section. I'd swing by there and give it a try, we've sold out a lot of other sections, but theres a huge student section.

yosefcity
December 12th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Right at mid field???? What section???? I am not a student anymore but I could pass as one. I can stand all game, I graduated last year. Would they sell these to me if I dont have a student ID.

PantherMan
December 12th, 2005, 03:37 PM
After saturdays game i got online and purchased 5 tix to the game. Unfortunately they are on the UNI side. Think there will be any trouble getting over to the mountaineer side, if so i dont mind sitting amongst a few UNI fans, it will only make the victory sweeter.

What section on the UNI side? Also, I doubt this game will sell out, and I would bet you could find a spot on ASU's side, as all they have over there are bleacher seats from my understanding. UNI's section is almost half stadium seating! :hurray:

ericappstate
December 12th, 2005, 03:40 PM
What section is the student section?

ButlerGSU
December 12th, 2005, 03:40 PM
I agree, I'd love to see it sold out but I bet you will be able to walk up at 7 on Friday and still get a ticket. You may be sitting on the last row right left but you'll be able to get in.

crunifan
December 12th, 2005, 03:46 PM

But you don't have to drive 800 miles to get to a state championship.

PantherMan
December 12th, 2005, 03:55 PM
But you don't have to drive 800 miles to get to a state championship.

Unless you live in Texas.

December 12th, 2005, 03:59 PM
What section on the UNI side? Also, I doubt this game will sell out, and I would bet you could find a spot on ASU's side, as all they have over there are bleacher seats from my understanding. UNI's section is almost half stadium seating! :hurray:No bleachers at Chatty.

Cap'n Cat
December 12th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Cap'n Cat: Two NC tix from Panther tickie office, $45 total.

I'm there!!!

ASU Kep
December 12th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Right at mid field???? What section???? I am not a student anymore but I could pass as one. I can stand all game, I graduated last year. Would they sell these to me if I dont have a student ID.

Nah, after looking at the diagram, there are more on around the 30, row 7. Not too shabby, though. All the students are on the first tier, so I can't complain. And no, I didn't have to show student ID to get em. I'd head on over there pretty quick, though. If your not from Boone, let me know and I could pick em up for ya.

yosefcity
December 12th, 2005, 04:27 PM
There closed now arn't they??? Im in Boone and can make it out bright an early tomorrow morning.

ASU Kep
December 12th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Yah, they're closed now. Should be some tickets left. I was there at 2 and they closed at 4. My only problem now is finding a hotel. All the recommended ones are full, and I don't know where to look. I need to find somewhere, if not within walking distance, near public trans. or cabs. I do not want to be driving. If anybody knows of anywhere cheap (at least under 100) near campus, please let me know.

yosefcity
December 12th, 2005, 08:07 PM
I just got 3 on the 50. I am excited. Thanks!!!!

ASU Kep
December 13th, 2005, 12:22 AM
No problem, glad your comin. How'd you get em? Was the ticket office still open? They had signs up that no Chatty tix would be sold after 4. Sounds like those guys have really been workin their tails off. I only wish they'd say how many tix are sold already.