PDA

View Full Version : Trey Elder

HiHiYikas
December 10th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Besides being Appbabe's squeeze xlolx , Trey Elder is also a pretty decent QB...Last year's start against TSU wasn't too shabby.

http://www.goasu.com/?page=204&player=1543&fromPage=165

is her name Appbabe? I would probably remember if I cared.

AppGuy04
December 10th, 2005, 03:31 PM
future looks bright

LacesOut
December 10th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Meh.

He is young, made young QB mistakes, like taking care of the football. Nice arm, quick legs and deceptive speed.

Just hold that damn rock like it's the winning Power Ball Lottery ticket, Trey!

blukeys
December 10th, 2005, 06:47 PM
I was impressed. App has the best 2 deep QB tandem I have seen at the I-AA level.

JohnStOnge
December 10th, 2005, 06:48 PM
So was it as bad as they were thinking for Williams...ruptured tendon or something...when they were interviewing him on the sideline? If so...what a shame. I was really looking forward to watching him in the championship game.

I know Elder did a good job today in relief but obviously it hurts App's chances next week not to have Williams.

And, as noted, somebody needs to do something with Elder with respect to protecting the football. He's definitely got that "carry it like a loaf of bread tendency." If he doesn't change that tendency he's going to have some fumbles in just about every game he plays.

SoCon48
December 10th, 2005, 06:59 PM
So was it as bad as they were thinking for Williams...ruptured tendon or something...when they were interviewing him on the sideline? If so...what a shame. I was really looking forward to watching him in the championship game.

I know Elder did a good job today in relief but obviously it hurts App's chances next week not to have Williams.

And, as noted, somebody needs to do something with Elder with respect to protecting the football. He's definitely got that "carry it like a loaf of bread tendency." If he doesn't change that tendency he's going to have some fumbles in just about every game he plays.

He didn't do that vs WCU and Wofford this year when he played a full quarter in each. Nor vs Texas State last year as a freshman when he played the entire game...and won.
The thing that will hurt is that he will only get 3 reg practice days this wek as we have to f'n play on Friday per the dumbass NCAA.

JohnStOnge
December 10th, 2005, 07:07 PM
I'm pretty sure he's going to have to generate a lot of offense for App to have a chance to beat UNI. I've talked about watching them against Iowa before and how their offense was really impressive. Nothing in the game against Texas State yesterday changed that impression. I don't think it's going to be reasonable to expect the App defense to shut them down.

HiHiYikas
December 10th, 2005, 08:17 PM
I was impressed. App has the best 2 deep QB tandem I have seen at the I-AA level.

Seems like it. The best pass thrown today was Elder's first off the bench after replacing Richie. Ingle was very impressive too with the wild scramble that turned into a reception at the 50 in the fourth, but given the improvization on that play, the receiver had a lot more room to make the catch.

yosefcity
December 10th, 2005, 09:42 PM
CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES COMON!!!!!!!!! :beerchug:

blackfordpu
December 10th, 2005, 11:13 PM
Besides being Appbabe's squeeze xlolx , Trey Elder is also a pretty decent QB...Last year's start against TSU wasn't too shabby.

http://www.goasu.com/?page=204&player=1543&fromPage=165

is her name Appbabe? I would probably remember if I cared.

He was born in 1986, man that makes me feel old.

He seems to be a great athlete and took care of what he needed to when his team needed it against Tx State.

SoCon48
December 11th, 2005, 12:33 AM
Seems like it. The best pass thrown today was Elder's first off the bench after replacing Richie. Ingle was very impressive too with the wild scramble that turned into a reception at the 50 in the fourth, but given the improvization on that play, the receiver had a lot more room to make the catch.

Ingle really saved their azz (temporarily) with that little punt he got off on the run..,he was almost sacked.

FU97
December 12th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Interestingly the last two SC State Players of the year were on the sidelines yesterday. 2003 Elder won and plays for ASU. In 2004 Sorrells won and he redshirted for Furman this year.

DinoDex200
December 12th, 2005, 09:00 AM
He was born in 1986, man that makes me feel old.

I know...I graduated from App in '01...and just looking at his picture makes me feel old. He looks more like he was born in '96...

HiHiYikas
December 12th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Interestingly the last two SC State Players of the year were on the sidelines yesterday. 2003 Elder won and plays for ASU. In 2004 Sorrells won and he redshirted for Furman this year.
I have read that Furman was one of Elder's choices, but that he made a final decision to sign with ASU only after Ingle Martin transferred to Furman.

I am fairly certain that qualifies as ironic.

FU97
December 12th, 2005, 11:16 AM
I have read that Furman was one of Elder's choices, but that he made a final decision to sign with ASU only after Ingle Martin transferred to Furman.

I am fairly certain that qualifies as ironic.

While I'm not a huge recruiting guy, I don't remember him as a recruit. Quite possible that he was, but I don't remember. I think we will be plenty happy with Sorrells for the next 4 years (though he likely won't start til 2007 at the earliest).

HiHiYikas
December 12th, 2005, 11:33 AM
While I'm not a huge recruiting guy, I don't remember him as a recruit. Quite possible that he was, but I don't remember. I think we will be plenty happy with Sorrells for the next 4 years (though he likely won't start til 2007 at the earliest).
This is the article I cited. It mentions several SoCon teams as Elder's final choices. It also mentions the poor showing he had at Bobby Lamb's camp a few years back, so that could have worked against him.

This topic makes me wonder...Richie wasn't heavily recruited, but it seems a cinch that he could have been a I-A athlete. Ingle was, for a pretty decent program, and transferred. Elder's only I-A offer cam from Ohio.

If you're an outstanding HS player, would you rather go to one of the 100-something I-A programs with no chance of winning a National Championship or to a good I-AA program and shoot for the playoffs ever year? Does the possibility of winning in the playoffs attract recruits away from I-A programs?

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/sports/13380647.htm

FU97
December 12th, 2005, 12:50 PM
FWIW, the reason Elder fell between the cracks is he only got to start for 1 year in HS. He went to Byrnes, which is a football factor recently. The kid playing this year is probably the best QB they have had in the entire run.

I fully expect to see their HC get an offer to be an OC in college in the next few years (possibly following his current QB to Clemson after he graduates in 2007.

tralfangar
December 12th, 2005, 01:26 PM
FWIW, the reason Elder fell between the cracks is he only got to start for 1 year in HS. He went to Byrnes, which is a football factor recently. The kid playing this year is probably the best QB they have had in the entire run.

I fully expect to see their HC get an offer to be an OC in college in the next few years (possibly following his current QB to Clemson after he graduates in 2007.

I remember reading somewhere that he planned on staying around to coach his sons? I'll see if I can find that article.

Then again, you never know what will happen with coaches...

FU97
December 12th, 2005, 01:54 PM
I remember reading somewhere that he planned on staying around to coach his sons? I'll see if I can find that article.

Haven't heard that, though admitedly I'm not a huge HS fan. I would imagine if he sees the "pipeline" drying up, he would jump when he got an offer as those don't come all the tiem.

AppalachianBabe
December 17th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Trey Elder is my Hero!!

Appdad
December 17th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Haven't heard that, though admitedly I'm not a huge HS fan. I would imagine if he sees the "pipeline" drying up, he would jump when he got an offer as those don't come all the tiem.

I don't know, Marty Galbraith left the Miami Dolphins to coach his son in high school. (I am sure there are other more notable examples)

If a coach can do it, coach his kid, it is one of the best memory makers of a lifetime.

OL FU
December 17th, 2005, 02:03 PM

I too have heard that he has received offers and turned them down.

I have no verification of this, but I also heard that is comp package at Brynes is a lot higher than most would imagine. First I don't know if it is true and second if it is true I would guess it is not all from schools funds. Of course on the other hand all that is third hand information so I probably should not have said it all :eek: