PDA

View Full Version : CSN Dowd's Den: Introducing Dowd’s Den!

CSN-info
September 1st, 2009, 02:14 PM
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/skins/andreas_01/img/dowdsden.JPG

CSN Dowd's Den: Introducing Dowd’s Den!
By Bruce Dowd, CSN Dowd’s Den Columnist

Okay folks, as you may or may not know, Terence Thomas now has the CAA Today beat and I have moved on to a new beat, Dowd’s Den, something I am very excited about. I know Terence will do a great job covering the CAA, just look at his piece in the Yearbook, as he is very knowledgeable about FCS football and especially the CAA. I wish him the best as I know how difficult it is to cover a 12 team league.

So you might ask, what the heck is Dowd’s Den all about and why the change? Well here is your answer and I hope it meets with your approval . . .

Read More... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/09/01/csn-dowd-s-den-introducing-dowd-s-den?blog=5)

coover
September 1st, 2009, 02:40 PM
Please do not ignor the western teams. Contrary to popular eastern opinion, they actually exist. Yes, you know about Montana, but there are others. Really! Do some research. Maybe even attend a game or two. See what the west is all about. You'll be impressed.

Appinator
September 1st, 2009, 03:28 PM
People beat up sportswriters on the net way too much these days. Bottom line, Bruce is a great writer. I look forward to reading his perspective on the national scene.

mcveyrl
September 1st, 2009, 03:30 PM
People beat up sportswriters on the net way too much these days. Bottom line, Bruce is a great writer. I look forward to reading his perspective on the national scene.

Yea, the CAA's loss is the whole subdivision's gain.

Skjellyfetti
September 1st, 2009, 03:32 PM
I guess his trip to App for the Halloween game last year made him realize he needed to start checking out some SoCon games. xnodx

jmufan999
September 1st, 2009, 03:34 PM
I guess his trip to App for the Halloween game last year made him realize he needed to start checking out some SoCon games. xnodx

he did seem to have a great time there.

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 1st, 2009, 05:46 PM
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCE!!!!!

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 1st, 2009, 06:23 PM
Is Dowd going to be bringing the 'DEN' to Newark, DE on the 12th?

93henfan
September 1st, 2009, 08:41 PM
Please do not ignor the western teams. Contrary to popular eastern opinion, they actually exist. Yes, you know about Montana, but there are others. Really! Do some research. Maybe even attend a game or two. See what the west is all about. You'll be impressed.

What brought this on? xconfusedx

Did he not laud Montana fans and pick both Montana and Weber in his top five? You read the column, right?

slycat
September 1st, 2009, 08:45 PM
What brought this on? xconfusedx

Did he not laud Montana fans and pick both Montana and Weber in his top five? You read the column, right?

Correct. But the fear is that because he was such a great writer for the CAA and hes based there it will really just be another east coast based article with nuggets for the west. Much like Sports Networks love for App St.

93henfan
September 1st, 2009, 08:52 PM
Correct. But the fear is that because he was such a great writer for the CAA and hes based there it will really just be another east coast based article with nuggets for the west. Much like Sports Networks love for App St.

I guarantee that if Montana or Weber or Eastern Washington or <insert western team> ever wins three championships in a row (see App St), or if the Big Sky wins three championships by three different teams in six years (see CAA), then the FCS media will be all over their jock.

Fortunately, with a playoff system in place, FCS is a put up or shut up division. To the victors go the spoils.

slycat
September 1st, 2009, 09:28 PM
I guarantee that if Montana or Weber or Eastern Washington or <insert western team> ever wins three championships in a row (see App St), or if the Big Sky wins three championships by three different teams in six years (see CAA), then the FCS media will be all over their jock.

Fortunately, with a playoff system in place, FCS is a put up or shut up division. To the victors go the spoils.

While I agree App St has earned there media coverage, its hard to ignore the Coulson is a former Boone reporter.

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 1st, 2009, 09:44 PM

In addition, what FCS West Coast writers are willing to travel east?

Just let BRUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCEE do his work. The guy is good.

feb18blacksunday
September 1st, 2009, 10:06 PM
All right Bruce look forward to seein and readin your articles. Don't know where we'll be in Greenville , but the school in front of the baseball stadium might be the spot.

BDKJMU
September 1st, 2009, 11:41 PM
Yea, the CAA's loss is the whole subdivision's gain.

Ditto.