PDA

View Full Version : UNH vs Ball State Iphone

UNHFan
September 1st, 2009, 10:28 AM
Has anyone ever tried to watch a webcast through the IPhone? I am going to be at another game while UNH Plays Balls State

UNHFootballAlum
September 1st, 2009, 03:50 PM
Is the webcast only on the Iphone?

GeauxColonels
September 1st, 2009, 04:24 PM
Watch a webcast? No. It's possible it wouldn't play since the iPhone's Safari browser doesn't support Flash. As cool and advanced as the iPhone is, there are some incredibly silly limitations to its capabilities.

CollegeSportsInfo
September 1st, 2009, 05:02 PM
Flash would make it possible for anyone to develop a way to install something onto the iphone. Might sound great to be able to watch any video, but not so great when it means having something install on a phone that you don't want.

CollegeSportsInfo
September 1st, 2009, 05:06 PM
It is possible to watch a webcast on your iphone.

In addition to being able to watch streams from NBC, CBs, etc, and soon to be Hulu app, the granddaddy of them all is Orb.

I use Orb ($9 app is worth it compared to the free one) and it does a few things:
* It allows you to access any media file on your networked computer...my iphone is now a 3 TB ipod
* you can set your internet Tv streams. You can get a walk through at http://support.orb.com/kb/entry/203/

As for UNH vs Ball St, it all depends on the stream feed. If you have that, you can set it up and will be good to go.