PDA

View Full Version : Armanti Edwards starts practice

appirishmen
August 31st, 2009, 09:49 PM
Armanti Edwards starts practice today. http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=204784999

ASU_MBA
August 31st, 2009, 10:47 PM
Hard to see how he will be able to cut and run the full spread option plays...maybe Edwards will split time with Cadet or Presley on a couple plays to keep the D honest against the threat of a QB running or balanced...I would hate to see another Richmond game where AE is not able to run and the D keys on the pass...I want a win but if we can keep it close I will be happy, considering most ECU fans think they will win by 28 or more...

SoCon48
September 1st, 2009, 01:50 PM
Hard to see how he will be able to cut and run the full spread option plays...maybe Edwards will split time with Cadet or Presley on a couple plays to keep the D honest against the threat of a QB running or balanced...I would hate to see another Richmond game where AE is not able to run and the D keys on the pass...I want a win but if we can keep it close I will be happy, considering most ECU fans think they will win by 28 or more...

Had AE not had 3 passes go thru receivers' hands for interceptions, things might have looked much differently.
Also, the OL was letting Richmond defenders thru wholesale. He ran for his life all day.

ericsaid
September 1st, 2009, 01:58 PM
Yeah, he won't play this game. There are two QB's who have been practicing all fall and conditioning. They won't let the engine of this team mess up his foot anymore than he has to especially on a game that ultimately means nothing for this season.

I'm looking foward to seeing how Travaris Cadet does though because you know he'll be in the game.

ASUG8
September 1st, 2009, 02:11 PM
Yeah, he won't play this game. There are two QB's who have been practicing all fall and conditioning. They won't let the engine of this team mess up his foot anymore than he has to especially on a game that ultimately means nothing for this season.

I'm looking foward to seeing how Travaris Cadet does though because you know he'll be in the game.

buzzkill xbawlingx

CrackerRiley
September 1st, 2009, 02:16 PM
Doubt AE will play. This is what I've heard just today. "AEs cut opened back up last week, but it looks fine now." yeah, he won't play in this game....

Daniel Kilgore of the OL has a sprained ankle; very doubtful he will be playing this week.

whoanellie
September 1st, 2009, 02:23 PM
guarantee he will not dress...... risk of staph and other infections plus the cut seperation really shows a bad type of healing.... too bad but everyone else has to step up...

biggie
September 1st, 2009, 03:05 PM
guarantee he will not dress...... risk of staph and other infections plus the cut seperation really shows a bad type of healing.... too bad but everyone else has to step up...
He practicing, he'll definitely dress. The wound is almost 4 weeks old, not fresh. And from earlier reports its was only the smaller of the 2 cuts that opened again and that was early last week.

appmaj
September 1st, 2009, 03:13 PM

wow bold pick...

Uncle Buck
September 1st, 2009, 04:35 PM
As much as i would like to see him play against ECU as an FCS fan, i'm sure app fans want it more. Even if it were the smaller of two cuts that opened, i can't believe the coach would risk having that thing torn open by someone stepping on it or just the play to play beating it would take. Jerry Moore has to want him as close to 100% when the FCS games and conference games start rolling in.

I say, rest him the extra week in what really is a meaningless game, focus on the rest of the FCS schedule that matters.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 1st, 2009, 04:44 PM

Don't see how you can say the game means nothing. You will need every win you can get. Every SoCon team does and you are no exception.

BarefootApp
September 1st, 2009, 05:29 PM
For team goals, while every game is important to a degree, it doesn't really fit in to the overall goals of a SoCon Championship or play-off spot and beyond. This game is good for the fans, but will probably be a distant, irrelevant memory come December, IMO.

smallcollegefbfan
September 1st, 2009, 05:55 PM
ASU lists Kilgore as doubtful for the game but lists AE as questionable. It will be interesting to see what happens.

ASUG8
September 1st, 2009, 06:10 PM
Just reading some of the ECU board - those guys think they'll win by 50. I don't think they realize that we tend to play top 20 teams pretty well over the last several seasons. xrolleyesx

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 1st, 2009, 06:24 PM
For team goals, while every game is important to a degree, it doesn't really fit in to the overall goals of a SoCon Championship or play-off spot and beyond. This game is good for the fans, but will probably be a distant, irrelevant memory come December, IMO.

If you lose four games and don't have an FBS win, you will most likely not get in. And if App. is counting this game as an automatic loss they are making a mistake.

ASUG8
September 1st, 2009, 06:31 PM
If you lose four games and don't have an FBS win, you will most likely not get in. And if App. is counting this game as an automatic loss they are making a mistake.

I'm saying it won't happen, but which four are you suggesting?xrolleyesx

JohnStOnge
September 1st, 2009, 08:16 PM
I'm saying it won't happen, but which four are you suggesting?xrolleyesx

I'd say that ECU, McNeese, Georgia Southern, Elon, Wofford, and Furman are "loseable" games for Appalachian State. Not that right now they don't look to be favorites in all of those except ECU. But it wouldn't be a big shock to see them lose to any of the others.

appirishmen
September 1st, 2009, 09:31 PM
i think DP will do better than people think. i say AE dresses, DP starts and AE plays if really needed. we will deff. keep it within 50 points. ECU is NO LSU. i say a close game if our o line shows up.

McNeese75
September 1st, 2009, 09:45 PM
i think DP will do better than people think. i say AE dresses, DP starts and AE plays if really needed. we will deff. keep it within 50 points. ECU is NO LSU. i say a close game if our o line shows up.

No Doubt about that xnodx