PDA

View Full Version : Adding up the TxSt Seniors Lost

TexasTerror
December 10th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Here's a list of the Bobcats' losses this coming year from seniors of actual starters listed on their depth charts. Granted they have a lot of second and third-teamers that got loads of playing time, but they were a heavy senior-laden team...

8 Offensive Starters
- QB
- WR & Slot
- LT, LG, RG
- TE
- RB

4 Special Team Starters
- K
- P
- DS
- KOR

4 Defensive Starters
- DT, NG
- SS
- MLB

blackfordpu
December 10th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Yea, they will have a rough go of it next season.

They can talk all they want about the players they have behind those guys but they don't have the experience that other starters will have.

Sly Fox
December 10th, 2005, 05:19 PM
If anybody should have compassion for their scenario it should be their brothers in Hunstville. Come on, guys. There's no need to kick them when they are down. You should wait at least a day or two before commencing the kicking.

xlolx

TexasTerror
December 10th, 2005, 05:57 PM
If anybody should have compassion for their scenario it should be their brothers in Hunstville. Come on, guys. There's no need to kick them when they are down. You should wait at least a day or two before commencing the kicking.

The FB season in San Marcos ended yesterday, just like ours did after they narrowly escaped with a win at Bobcat stadium three, four weeks ago...

Don't you know (or you should from the NFL Network commercials), "Tommorrow, tommorrow, there's always tommorrow, it's only a day away..."

Well they sang that yesterday. Today is the beginning of the 2006 season. 2005 is behind and everyone except those two teams is thinking about spring ball, recruiting and what 2006 will bring...

TXST_CAT
December 10th, 2005, 06:18 PM

xlolx
They live in prisonville they kick when your down and shank you when you're not watching. :smiley_wi
But we are used to it as it is all in good rival fun. Good news is we still have Bailiff and all the exposure and good press plus having two packed house games on National TV will add up to good recruiting and next season should be a blast.

TexasTerror
December 10th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Throw in NW St, SHSU and McNeese on the road, the three top teams outside of San Marcos and Thibodaux this year, all three should be near the top...

We'll see what happens. I'm just excited our BKB team is doing so well and I'm about to head over to Hofheinz!

Brent
December 12th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Please keep thinking we have no shot next year. That will be the sweetest butt kickin at Bowers next season for the Bobcats in some time.

We rotate players around more than any team I know of. We have experience.

The jealously from Huntsville keeps on coming. :hyped:

TexasTerror
December 12th, 2005, 03:58 PM
We won't know much until the pads are put back on and it's time to roll...

I think there's folks, more than just inside Huntsville that think your team has a great deal of similarities to the team we had in 2004 and that in 2005. Loads of expectations the year after a nice I-AA semifinal run. Lots of pieces coming back (even more so than you had coming back) of guys that had played loads.

Of course, I think our issue had some to do with coaching as lots of things change with a coaching change and a tough schedule complete with injuries (namely Mikulec) and controversy (Allen). In all honesty, the Kats should've beat McNeese (our own kneel issue) and Northwestern St (have to be able to score more than 10 points at home!) and probably even beat the Bobcats (an OT loss) which could've turned the ship around and put us near the top.

Kats don't lose much and have many pieces returning next year. We have all the toughies at home (McN, Nicholls and TxSt) while you guys have all your toughies on the road (McN, SHSU and NW St)...we shall see...

TypicalTribe
December 12th, 2005, 04:03 PM
I must admit that I did not rank SHSU at the beginning of the season because I thought the losses would be too tough to overcome. It's possible that TSU will be in a similar position next year, needing to prove that they belong up there, rather than getting the benefit of the doubt as some more established teams do.

McNeese75
December 12th, 2005, 04:14 PM
We rotate players around more than any team I know of. We have experience.
:hyped:

You obviously do not know too much about your opponents then as McNeese has been rotating and platooning players for years to gain the experience down the depth chart. So, although that is not anything special for the Bobcats, the playoffs and the related additional game experience for your underclassmen will certainly help you a lot next year.

The SLC is going to be brutal next year :nod:

grizband
December 12th, 2005, 04:16 PM

They can talk all they want about the players they have behind those guys but they don't have the experience that other starters will have.
This was the main thing the Griz had to get over this year. We were a senior-heavy team last year as well, which showed down the stretch. We have some talent on our team this year, but with so many sophomores and juniors playing, we didn't have very much experience on either side of the ball. It makes it that much more difficult to duplicate a deep playoff run (which is hard enough in the first place).

txstatebobcat
December 12th, 2005, 05:56 PM
The SLC is going to be brutal next year :nod:

I completely agree with you. McNeese St, Sam Houston, Nicholls St and I think even SFA will all be better.

I think we will schedule two d-iis again next season, and for once I agree with it.
Here is my opinion of the 2006 bobcat football team:

Defense:

We should be solid on defense.

We lost a lot from the interior D-line, but we are stacked at the DE position. I will even go so far as to say that we will have a top 3 DE tandem in the nation in I-AA. I completely expect us to go the transfer route for some big DTs(either JUCO or I-A).

We are going to miss David Simmons at LB, but his back up could have started at 3/4s of all the I-AA schools this year.

Our DBs did a crappy job during the UNI game, but they were outstanding for most of the year, and almost all of them are coming back.

Offense:

This one is going to hurt, I have to admit. Its not because of a lack of talent, however.

QB: should be a fight between these two guys. Although, many believe that Bradley George will win this battle. I guess we will find out during spring and August workouts.

Chase Wasson: While he doesn't have the physical attributes of Nealy, he is still an outstanding athlete. Very smart kid, who makes great decisions, has great speed and has potential to be as good a scrambler as Barrick Nealy. As for his passing game, he threw for almost 5,000 yards his senior season in high school. The kid knows how to pass the ball.

Bradley George: at 6-6 220 lbs he is imposing. Not as gifted a runner as Barrick Nealy, but by most accounts a better passer. Spent 5 years playing minor league baseball, but decided to try out for football. Was going to go to Louisiana Tech, but Bailiff convinced him to come to TxSt. He has been out of football for a while, so redshirting this season should have helped him out.

RB: We are simply stacked to with talented RBs. Should be another year of rotating Rbs.

WRs: We have some losses, but the cupboard isin't bare here. I bet we will probably go the transfer route(either JUCO or I-A). There is one guys here by the name of Morris Crosby. Most of I-AA will know his name for years to come.

O-Line: Almost as big a loss as losing Barrick Nealy. Replacing, Thomas Keresztury is going to be big. Then again, coming into the season, this was our biggest question mark, and we came out golden, so who knows. Even so, I figure this is where we will hurt the most.

HPCAT
December 12th, 2005, 06:46 PM

To be classified as a starter, you play the initial play on either offense or defense in the game, simple as that. It does not mean you always play more downs than someone you rotate with in that position.

The TXST leading rushing RB did not start, same goes for 4 out of the top 6 wide receivers, but they were in the game for very close to the same number of plays, due to the rotation system.

Ralph, please save this thread, and I will save the salt and pepper, to put on the crow that some of these folks will be eating next year. ;)

blackfordpu
December 12th, 2005, 06:53 PM
To be classified as a starter, you play the initial play on either offense or defense in the game, simple as that. It does not mean you always play more downs than someone you rotate with in that position.

The TXST leading rushing RB did not start, same goes for 4 out of the top 6 wide receivers, but they were in the game for very close to the same number of plays, due to the rotation system.

Ralph, please save this thread, and I will save the salt and pepper, to put on the crow that some of these folks will be eating next year. ;)

All threads are saved, you just have to go through the entire history to find it. You might want to put the URL to the thread in your favorites if you are serious about finding it in a year. :)