PDA

View Full Version : Two backup quarterbacks transfer from Miami Hurricanes

W. DeMontague
August 25th, 2009, 02:34 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking-news/story/1201591.html

Taylor Cook seems to have more upside than Cannon Smith for the FCS/I-AA level.

Cannon Smith might be better off at D2 (Gulf South).

I can see Taylor landing at SFA or Sam Houston if he decides on I-AA.

kdinva
August 25th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Seems like the two lads gave upxwhistlex, and handed the #2 slot to Highsmith.

I hope they work harder at their new destinations.

ericsaid
August 25th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Seems like the two lads gave upxwhistlex, and handed the #2 slot to Highsmith.

I hope they work harder at their new destinations.

Sounds to me like they knew they weren't going to surpass Jacory Harris and wanted to go somewhere to actually play football. I don't fault them one bit for that and hope the best for them.xthumbsupx

blueballs
August 25th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Sounds to me like they knew they weren't going to surpass Jacory Harris and wanted to go somewhere to actually play football. I don't fault them one bit for that and hope the best for them.xthumbsupx

Looks like the hometown kid from Miami Northwestern Jacory Harris cleaned out the QB depth chart at the U similar to the way Tyrelle Prior did at Ohio State...

...hopefully the two quitters at the U will find more success than Schoenfelt and Henton did after quitting at Ohio State.

ASU_MBA
August 25th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Looks like the hometown kid from Miami Northwestern Jacory Harris cleaned out the QB depth chart at the U similar to the way Tyrelle Prior did at Ohio State...

...hopefully the two quitters at the U will find more success than Schoenfelt and Henton did after quitting at Ohio State.

So i guess Flacco was a "quitter" too? Can't blame these kids for admitting that they are not going to beat out Harris but still want to play somewhere....Would you rather ride the pine or have a chance to play on a team that needs you....?

93henfan
August 25th, 2009, 05:11 PM
So i guess Flacco was a "quitter" too?

No, but he was a first round NLF draft pick and the first rookie quarterback in NFL history to win two playoff games. It was either that or ride the pine at Pitt. Guess he made the right choice "quitting". ;)

ASU_MBA
August 25th, 2009, 05:13 PM
No, but he was a first round NLF draft pick and the first rookie quarterback in NFL history to win two playoff games.

I agree I was making a sarcastic remark for someone calling these guys "quitters" just because they want to go play somewhere...

93henfan
August 25th, 2009, 05:14 PM
I agree I was making a sarcastic remark for someone calling these guys "quitters" just because they want to go play somewhere...
Oh, I know, I know. I was piling on with you. xthumbsupx

HoyaMetanoia
August 25th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Cannon Smith went to Georgetown Prep in Bethesda, MD for a year and his dad (FedEx CEO Fred Smith) has ties to the DC area. Maybe Georgetown would be an option.

ericsaid
August 25th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Delawhere? is open to anyone and everyone who wants a try so I wouldn't put it past them.

93henfan
August 25th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Delawhere? is open to anyone and everyone who wants a try so I wouldn't put it past them.

Yes. In fact, Delaware is currently the only school in FCS accepting transfers.

ericsaid
August 25th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Yes. In fact, Delaware is currently the only school in FCS accepting transfers.

Not what I said. I said they are always open which doesn't mean the same thing. But it was intended as a joke anyway. I don't really like speculating on where transfers will go because unless they have hinted at where they are looking at, no one really knows.

coover
August 25th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Robert Marve, who was the Hurricanes' starter in 2008, asked for his release after last season and transferred to Purdue. He said this at the time: "I had to get out. I just decided that I can't play for coach Shannon."

Is it playing time or a coach tough to play for?

Uncle Buck
August 25th, 2009, 06:37 PM
I like Shannon as a head coach, the U needs to start playing like they did when he was there.

Hoyadestroya85
August 25th, 2009, 07:35 PM
I'll take Cannon Smith at Villanova to start next year.. It would be nice to get Fred Smith to be Villanova's T. Boone Pickens

Tribe4SF
August 25th, 2009, 08:33 PM
I'll take Cannon Smith at Villanova to start next year.. It would be nice to get Fred Smith to be Villanova's T. Boone Pickens

So you're ready to throw Chris Whitney under the bus?xeyebrowx

Hoyadestroya85
August 25th, 2009, 09:05 PM
So you're ready to throw Chris Whitney under the bus?xeyebrowx

I meant two years from now.. Fred Smith has more money than God.

Head Cat
August 25th, 2009, 09:08 PM
This reminds me of Ohio State losing Rob Schoenhoft to Delaware and Antonio Henton to Georgia Southern after the 2008 BCS title game.

Hoyadestroya85
August 25th, 2009, 09:19 PM
eh.. Schoenhoft and Henton were considered better prospects. These two are.. eh. Jacory Harris will be a great quarterback.

W. DeMontague
August 27th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Taylor Cook wound up at Rice.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/college/rice/6590328.html

89Hen
September 1st, 2009, 01:08 PM
and Smith to Memphis, I guess that's not a shocker given the FedEx thing...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4433631