PDA

View Full Version : Not Bad For A Piss-Ant DOME Team, Eh?

Cap'n Cat
December 10th, 2005, 01:55 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

All you doubters can kiss my fat white azz. Ya know, most teams in I-AA are handicapped because they play nothing but outdooor games.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GannonDude, who's your daddy? FlyYtown, ya still hidin', you worm?

:cool:

:nonono2:

blackfordpu
December 10th, 2005, 01:59 AM
Talk that trash Cap'n, you deserve it after the win tonight! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

How was the visit to San Marcos?

Cap'n Cat
December 10th, 2005, 02:11 AM
Talk that trash Cap'n, you deserve it after the win tonight! :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

How was the visit to San Marcos?

Hey, Cap'n Cat ain't talking trash. He said what he said.

San Marcos? Met some super people. Some fans along the railing needed some couth lessons. But, hey, it happens everywhere.....so people tell me.

:rolleyes:

umassfan
December 10th, 2005, 02:16 AM

All you doubters can kiss my fat white azz. Ya know, most teams in I-AA are handicapped because they play nothing but outdooor games.

Shouldnt the smack be ont he smackboard :confused:

Cap'n Cat
December 10th, 2005, 02:22 AM

"Smack" your lips around this:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/terryisntbald/cat.jpg

blackfordpu
December 10th, 2005, 02:23 AM

Havn't seem you in a while. Finally found your way back huh. ;)

umassfan
December 10th, 2005, 02:27 AM
Havn't seem you in a while. Finally found your way back huh. ;)
I have been around every day... I just havent had anything to really post about recently... I wont jump in and say something just to speak. With no A10 team left in the playoffs, no topic really strikes me. Next season is coming pretty fast though and you all better look out... UMass will be on top of the A10 yet again. :)

claydus
December 10th, 2005, 03:24 AM
great win for UNI tonight!!!

sanders was awesome

Happy Penguin
December 10th, 2005, 07:13 AM
great win for UNI tonight!!!

sanders was awesome

I agree, UNI looked great. Sanders doesn't throw a pretty ball, but man is he accurate.

Congrats UNICats. Enjoy your win. The rest of the GFC is rootin' for ya!

MCFAN
December 10th, 2005, 07:45 AM
I agree, UNI looked great. Sanders doesn't throw a pretty ball, but man is he accurate.

Congrats UNICats. Enjoy your win. The rest of the GFC is rootin' for ya!
The throw for the 2 pt conversion was incredible. Throwing on the run across his body into coverage, an outstanding play. :hurray:

Eaglegus2
December 10th, 2005, 07:54 AM

Baldy is yo daddy!!!! :nod: xlolx

Congratulations on UNI making it to Chattanooga.

Hated that I missed your call.

Think that there may be an all purple in Chatanooga?

JohnStOnge
December 10th, 2005, 07:56 AM
Actually, you may have noticed that in the AGS area I posted last week that UNI's players were likely to be more comfortable in the weather forecast for San Marcos than Texas State's players would be. As it turns out I don't think that was a factor.

That official calling roughing the kicker when no foul was committed to keep UNI's field goal drive alive just before halftime was, but that has nothing to do with playing in a dome unless it helps by enhancing a punter's acting skills.

blueballs
December 10th, 2005, 08:42 AM
FWIW UNI looks like a team of destiny...

FL connection
December 10th, 2005, 09:32 AM
IM4UNI......Sanders makes some great plays. Best of luck next week "big" Panthers. The CAPN's travels continue.....connection out!

MarkCCU
December 10th, 2005, 09:37 AM
UNI got a well deserved win last nite, live it up Cap'n. Chattanooga is in for one helluva good game next week. Hopefully ASU can hold off the Pals tonite

GAD
December 10th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Congrats CAP'N have a ball in Chatty :hurray:

JohnStOnge
December 10th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Actually, you may have noticed that in the AGS area I posted last week that UNI's players were likely to be more comfortable in the weather forecast for San Marcos than Texas State's players would be. As it turns out I don't think that was a factor.

That official calling roughing the kicker when no foul was committed to keep UNI's field goal drive alive just before halftime was, but that has nothing to do with playing in a dome unless it helps by enhancing a punter's acting skills.

That's what people were saying about McNeese in 1997. Games weren't quite as close score wise overall but all three could've had different outcomes with one changed play. A borderline interference call (could've arguably not been called) in the first round against Montana helped McNeese's last minute drive during a 19-14 win, then there was a hard fought 14-12 victory at Western Illinois during which the Cowboys only got 150 total yards but scored on punt and interception returns. Then there was that thing at Delaware where the Cowboys went for it on fourth down, were stopped, but got to try (and make) a field goal during a 23-21 win at Delaware because they'd been called for pre-snap illegal motion. That one also involved a final drive fourth down conversion on a great catch and a last second field goal to win.

I went through the playoff history at I-aa.org and was not able to find anybody who won three playoff games by less than a single score (8 points or less) then won the championship. The 1997 McNeese team came as close as one could possibly come to doing it, as they lost the championship game by 1 point. If UNI completes this "skin of their teeth" run they'll be the first ones to do it since the tournament went to four rounds.

JohnStOnge
December 10th, 2005, 10:26 AM
FWIW UNI looks like a team of destiny...

That's what people were saying about McNeese in 1997. Games weren't quite as close score wise overall but all three could've had different outcomes with one changed play (19-14 over Montana, 14-12 at Western Illinois, 23-21 at Delaware). Officials calls were huge factors in the Montana and Delaware wins while McNeese didn't even score on offense in the Western Illinois win (punt and interception returns).

I went through the playoff history at I-aa.org and was not able to find anybody who won three playoff games by less than a single score (8 points or less) then won the championship. The 1997 McNeese team came as close as one could possibly come to doing it, as they lost the championship game by 1 point. If UNI completes this "skin of their teeth" run they'll be the first ones to do it since the tournament went to four rounds.

PantherRob82
December 10th, 2005, 11:01 AM
i'm kind of tired of heartattack games. can we win by 2 td's in TN? please?

unicat87
December 10th, 2005, 01:54 PM
I like UNI taking a big lead early, but next time let's just get that big lead and not have a close game. 2 (or more TDs) victory margin sounds nice! -Unicat87

i'm kind of tired of heartattack games. can we win by 2 td's in TN? please?