PDA

View Full Version : Great Game for I-AA on National TV!

Retro
December 9th, 2005, 11:06 PM
I missed the first few minutes of the game ($$$), but i thought the game looked real good on TV.

The Field, the teams, lighting, crowd, crowd noise, announcers, etc are seemed to be very favorable to I-AA and the game as good or better than some I-A games on TV.. Even Gilmore didn't over use the I-A Transfer line tonight...

All in all, a great showing for I-AA and i'll be interested in seeing how the rating were for this.... :hurray:

MarkCCU
December 9th, 2005, 11:08 PM
it was televised?! damn, i would've watched it instead of VH1 and 8Mile...damnit! stupid stupid stupid.

bandl
December 9th, 2005, 11:08 PM
I missed the first few minutes of the game ($$$), but i thought the game looked real good on TV.

The Field, the teams, lighting, crowd, crowd noise, announcers, etc are seemed to be very favorable to I-AA and the game as good or better than some I-A games on TV.. Even Gilmore didn't over use the I-A Transfer line tonight...

All in all, a great showing for I-AA and i'll be interested in seeing how the rating were for this.... :hurray:

True true true!!!

Game was AWESOME! Commentary...blew. Luckily, if the game was on in sports bars across the U.S., they couldn't hear the stupid commentators and could only see the great game for what it was. Honestly, one of the most entertaining games I've seen.

leatherneck177
December 9th, 2005, 11:11 PM
Yeah the big crowd that Texas State had was nice too. I hope the ratings speak volumes about I-AA televised football to the right people.

igo4uni
December 9th, 2005, 11:19 PM
I thought the crowd and atmosphere looked great on tv. Give credit to Texas State for selling out their stadium to provide a great venue for a national tv audience.

ngineer
December 9th, 2005, 11:32 PM
True true true!!!

Game was AWESOME! Commentary...blew. Luckily, if the game was on in sports bars across the U.S., they couldn't hear the stupid commentators and could only see the great game for what it was. Honestly, one of the most entertaining games I've seen.

I totally agree. One of the best football games I saw this year, pro, college or high school.

skinny_uncle
December 10th, 2005, 12:30 AM
Nothing like an OT game in the semis to get your blood moving.

JohnStOnge
December 10th, 2005, 01:00 AM
Yes, I agree. That couldn't have hurt I-AA.

mainejeff
December 10th, 2005, 01:07 AM
I'm betting that millions tuned in to see Texas State's beautiful stadium and big crowd.......

Or maybe because it was an exciting, close football game? :smiley_wi

carney2
December 10th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Loved it, even though I had to watch it through the wife's "What else is on? Why are you watching this? What do you care about either of these?' etc. etc. Anyway, here's hoping for more of the same from Boone. (Go ASU - for obvious reasons.)

bcrawf
December 10th, 2005, 09:21 AM
I am going to disagree on the announcers, all they talked about was Vince Young and Pro Scouts. And Dog Chains???

Kill'em
December 10th, 2005, 09:26 AM
Those fools spent most of the evening talking aboput the Heisman, the BCS, and what effect the I-AA playoffs had on the players , physically and scholastically.

Too bad, they missed a great game. Great job TXST fans for representing I-AA well. You showed why I-AA is great!

ngineer
December 10th, 2005, 09:31 AM
I agree on the broadcasters..Remember to go to the I-AA Survey--one of the questions deals with the way I-AA is handled by the broadcast media and particularly the 'knowledge' of the tv announcers.

MarkCCU
December 10th, 2005, 09:34 AM
FU and App State, Tonite. Boone, NC. Will the Mountaineers pull a Deliverance on the Paladins? My money says yes...Stay Tuned Sports Fans

blukeys
December 10th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Rod Gilmore's accummulated knowledge about I-AA would not fill a shot glass.

Pantherpower
December 10th, 2005, 10:13 AM
The whole crew was a joke. Didn't need to worry about what they said, though. Had 'em muted and had Rima and Petey turned way up calling the game over the radio/internet feed!!! :nod:

Kill'em
December 10th, 2005, 10:19 AM
That's the way to do it, except when Fox Sports South covers GSU games. Bob Rathbum (sp?), who does Braves games when they are on FOX SS, usually covers our games for them. He is not only knowlegable about GSU football but he really brings enthusiasm to the broadcast, Like Mike Patrick does for ESPN.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 10th, 2005, 10:25 AM
IAA is sooooo much better than IA, and this is why. I would much rather have my team in that thrilling overtime semi-final game then have them in the CharminUltra.com bowl.

Kill'em
December 10th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Yep, the best team wins, not whom the sportswriters and computers like best :nonono2:

Hansel
December 10th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Announced attendance??