PDA

View Full Version : The "other" FCS v. FCS games in "week" one

CSN-info
August 22nd, 2009, 11:46 PM
Choose the best game, no smack.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62546

crusader11
August 23rd, 2009, 12:33 AM
Pretty weak slate here. I'll go with the homer pick....

gophoenix
August 23rd, 2009, 08:32 AM
The only games that look interesting are a big time rivalry with A&T-WSSU and a SWAC game with Tx Southern and Prairie View. Might be interesting.

The only other thing, not even as a homer, that looks interesting is Elon vs Davidson since that is SoCon vs pansies who won't participate in the SoCon.

appfan2008
August 23rd, 2009, 09:06 AM
the triad metro area will be drooling over the huge rivalry matchup between a&t and wssu

Saint3333
August 23rd, 2009, 09:39 AM
The only games that look interesting are a big time rivalry with A&T-WSSU and a SWAC game with Tx Southern and Prairie View. Might be interesting.

The only other thing, not even as a homer, that looks interesting is Elon vs Davidson since that is SoCon vs pansies who won't participate in the SoCon.

Elon vs. DC will not be interesting 7 minutes into the 1st quarter, Elon wins by 30+.

With half of the FCS playing FBS games in week 1 I haven't seen 1 FCS vs. FCS game that would warrant my attention on TV, just one guys opinion. Week 1 in the FCS should be renamed "Show me the money".

89Hen
August 23rd, 2009, 10:00 AM
Where is none of the above?

Ivytalk
August 23rd, 2009, 10:06 AM
Pretty weak slate here. I'll go with the homer pick....

Agree with "weak slate." I went with a battle of Southern Protestant schools: Furman v. Presby.xcoolx

MSUBear42
August 23rd, 2009, 10:31 AM
none of the above? lol

phoenixphanatic21
August 23rd, 2009, 12:58 PM
Elon vs. DC will not be interesting 7 minutes into the 1st quarter, Elon wins by 30+.

With half of the FCS playing FBS games in week 1 I haven't seen 1 FCS vs. FCS game that would warrant my attention on TV, just one guys opinion. Week 1 in the FCS should be renamed "Show me the money".

You say that's not interesting. I say that's a great game that I'm gonna enjoy very much. xnodx

Uncle Buck
August 23rd, 2009, 01:19 PM
I went Presby vs Furman just because the Blue Hose have something to prove and a win against Furman to kick things off, that would be huge.

appmaj
August 23rd, 2009, 01:19 PM
Davidson v Elon

Hopefully Elon can remind Davidson they are not a football school

gophoenix
August 23rd, 2009, 01:26 PM

I hope you're right...

After the chip on their shoulder than Davidson fans had during that undefeated season; saying they could beat App, Elon and ECU. I want them to finally feel what scholarship ball is about. I want something more than 30+, I want an 100-0 type of score.

Buzzcut
August 24th, 2009, 07:47 AM
I too went with titanic struggle of the Paladins v. the Blue Hose. Furman has the edge here but I feel certain PC will bring their "A" game.

NHwildEcat
August 24th, 2009, 09:38 AM
I am going to enjoy the UNH blowout at home, should be the start of a nice Labor Day weekend!!

ElonPride
August 24th, 2009, 09:56 AM
I hope you're right...

After the chip on their shoulder than Davidson fans had during that undefeated season; saying they could beat App, Elon and ECU. I want them to finally feel what scholarship ball is about. I want something more than 30+, I want an 100-0 type of score.

I have a feeling we will see a repeat performance similiar to that of the PC game last year. Nearly 700+ yards of total offense, a 52 point first half etc.....

Texcat34
August 24th, 2009, 07:01 PM
I hope you're right...

xconfusedx What in the hell are you talking about? Yes, we went undefeated in 2000 (against some admittedly shaky competition) but please tell me one person from Davidson that ever claimed that we could "beat App, Elon, and ECU." during that era? If you let me know who they are I'd love to punch them in the mouth and knock them back to reality. Yeah, we did have a chip on our shoulder for having the longest winning streak (18) in college football and the three best seasons in Davidson history in 1998, 1999, and 2000. Who wouldn't? But I believe you are fabricating these claims that so-called "Davidson fans" felt they were ready to beat fully funded FCS teams or ECU. We had enough trouble beating Georgetown and Morehead State that season (that was not meant as a slight fellas). There is nothing quite like making up your own bulletin board material just to get all fired up. Maybe you should save some of that venom for the Demon Deacons the following week.

I fully expect Elon to beat the ***** out of us, but all of this "LET'S MURDER DAVIDSON, LET'S PUNISH DAVIDSON, LET'S PUT THEM IN THEIR PLACE" talk from the rest of you SoCon fans seems a bit unwarranted. Considering the non-stop criticism of Davidson "selling out" the SoCon and playing in the "unworthy of FCS" Pioneer League....give us some credit for stepping up to play a nationally ranked, full scholarship team on the road for our opening game...after we lost a 4 year starter at QB and are fielding a very young team.

My former teammates and I are looking forward to watching Davidson's first game against a SoCon team in 20 years. We aren't expecting much on the field but I would anticipate us to play hard and put up a respectable fight.

We haven't played since 1954, but I would like to point out that Davidson is 16-1 all time versus the Fighting Christians from Burlington. xcoolx

FYI, The Wildcats are also 14-6 all time versus South Carolina...but who isn't?xthumbsupx

See you next week.