PDA

View Full Version : Perrilloux suspended for opener

JSU02
August 21st, 2009, 12:25 PM
http://www.annistonstar.com/pages/full_story/push?article-Perrilloux+suspended+for+opener%20&id=3236316-Perrilloux+suspended+for+opener&instance=home_lead_story
xrolleyesx

ASUG8
August 21st, 2009, 01:32 PM
Hopefully something minor and not a repeat of his LSU days - seems like he had gotten things back together since transferring. xoopsx

eaglewraith
August 21st, 2009, 01:34 PM
SSDD for the 64 million dollar man?

The Moody1
August 21st, 2009, 02:12 PM
Shocking news! :D

Cocky
August 21st, 2009, 04:24 PM
Hopefully something minor and not a repeat of his LSU days - seems like he had gotten things back together since transferring. xoopsx

His problem, as at LSU, is normally minor. But at JSU it seems to be several minor thinks multiplied which makes a big problem for a coach.
RP is very good but he is very immature. If he grows up NFL will be there for him but time is running out no matter how talented.

smallcollegefbfan
August 21st, 2009, 05:03 PM
http://www.annistonstar.com/pages/full_story/push?article-Perrilloux+suspended+for+opener%20&id=3236316-Perrilloux+suspended+for+opener&instance=home_lead_story
xrolleyesx

I would be shocked if he gets drafted. NFL teams are already saying his just wasn't that good last season and then he has this happen. I will be surprised if a NFL team brings him to camp if anything else comes up between now and draft day with him.

This is very sad because he has the talent. Hopefully he gets back on the right track because there is already a big hill to climb for him in terms of answering character questions.

Redbirdz
August 21st, 2009, 05:22 PM
It is his to do.

AppMan
August 21st, 2009, 09:11 PM
Second verse, same as the first!

crusader11
August 21st, 2009, 10:41 PM
This kid has had problems everywhere he has gone.

SideLine Shooter
August 22nd, 2009, 07:55 AM
The saga continues. What a waste.:(:(

gt_bison
August 22nd, 2009, 11:03 AM
This should obviously be good for my Jackets, but part of me fears a repeat of the Gardner-Webb debacle from last season.

TTUEagles
August 22nd, 2009, 02:14 PM
----From the ajc.com, Atlanta Braves' beat writer blog:
"In the competition for biggest jackball, non-professional division, this Ryan Perilloux fella has certainly kept his hat in the ring, hasn’t he? Dude transfers to little Jacksonville (Ala.) State after being booted off the team at LSU, and still manages to make headlines with another suspension…."

Cocky
August 22nd, 2009, 03:19 PM
This should obviously be good for my Jackets, but part of me fears a repeat of the Gardner-Webb debacle from last season.

The way our defense looked today don't worry too much.

appfan2008
August 22nd, 2009, 03:23 PM
what a sad waste of talent

Native
August 22nd, 2009, 06:12 PM
I also heard a wild rumor that they have gambling and dancing girls in Vegas. xwhistlex

crossfire07
August 22nd, 2009, 10:47 PM
nothing changes if nothing changes and it is obvious he has changed nothing about himself. NFL? pffttt

MolineRacer
August 23rd, 2009, 12:13 PM
Does it really matter? Aren't JSU's games pretty much meaningless this year? Can't compete for post season or conference championships. Guess they go into the year with intentions of playing spoiler from day 1.

JSU02
August 23rd, 2009, 01:28 PM
If not having a chance to get to the playoffs or get an OVC trophy makes a season meaningless, then I guess Murray has had a meaningless football program for some time...

appfan2008
August 23rd, 2009, 02:06 PM
why can they not win the ovc or go to playoffs? i must have missed something...

SU Jag
August 23rd, 2009, 02:09 PM
I sure hope that this kid can get it together.

McNeese72
August 23rd, 2009, 02:14 PM
why can they not win the ovc or go to playoffs? i must have missed something...

Yep, you did.

Hint: APR

Google is your friend. :)

Doc

MolineRacer
August 23rd, 2009, 07:31 PM
You're correct. We haven't had a chance in several years but for very very different reasons. While we were moving away from the type of program that you have (one that wins with troubled transfers and places little importance on the student portion of student athlete) we've been going through a complete rebuild. The building is over though and you'll see that this year. We'll be back in the thick of things and this time it will be with a team built mostly with kids recruited from high school who have matured in the program, performed well in the classroom and created no headlines off the field. We could be in the position that JSU is in now but the administration chose to make drastic changes to clean it up to avoid exactly what you guys have this season.

Murray State chose short term sacrifice (the last 4 years) for long term gain. We've got a solid foundation in place now.

Buzzcut
August 24th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Here's hoping JSU has a great season, notwithstanding this and the post-season ban over APR. Despite his obvious maturity issues, RP is the real deal, and I certainly hope he is able to overcome and salvage what could be a brilliant professional career. Watching him last year orchestrate that near game winning comeback against EKU was pretty amazing. If he had not thrown all those interceptions in the first half, the Gamecocks would have definitely walked away with the W.