PDA

View Full Version : Jackson State vs Mississippi State

SU Jag
August 20th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Ive been reading the MSU message boards and these folks are talking about beating Jackson State by 50!?xconfusedx WTF? When did Mississippi State get this good?

JSUBison
August 20th, 2009, 09:04 PM
MSU lost to Maine a couple of years ago. Sounds like their fans need to be reminded that MSU is literally the dog of the SEC. I just don't think JSU is the team to do it though. JSU hasn't had the greatest results OOC as of late.

TexasTerror
August 20th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Ive been reading the MSU message boards and these folks are talking about beating Jackson State by 50!?xconfusedx WTF? When did Mississippi State get this good?

Are you that surprised? Most FBS boards are like that and unfortunately for you guys, the SWAC is even treated like that by the PWC leagues too for the most part. I could not even sell the SHSU people that SHSU-PV would be a very competitive contest and the Panthers are better than most teams in the SWAC. xnonono2x

GeauxLions94
August 20th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Hell, we didn't have our starting quarterback for that game (and couldn't move the ball with our backups) and had to evacuate from a hurricane leading up to the game and still played them tough for the majority of the game ... lost 34-10, but game would have been a lot closer if we were able to sustain some drives and not give them a short field.

SU Jag
August 20th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Are you that surprised? Most FBS boards are like that and unfortunately for you guys, the SWAC is even treated like that by the PWC leagues too for the most part. I could not even sell the SHSU people that SHSU-PV would be a very competitive contest and the Panthers are better than most teams in the SWAC. xnonono2x

Yes, very! MSU barley beat Gardner Webb a few years back, they lost to NMaine, and ect. I beleive that they will beat JSU, I just dont think that it will be a blowout.

MsippiRattler
August 20th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Yes, very! MSU barley beat Gardner Webb a few years back, they lost to NMaine, and ect. I beleive that they will beat JSU, I just dont think that it will be a blowout.

Oh yes it will! JSUcks is, and has been a very weak team for the past few years. It hasn't won an out of conferece FCS game in I don't know when. Last year, they almost lost to another DII team. This year, they will only play 10 games because the AD and Coach refuse to play Prairie View, who is willing to come to Jackson on their mutual open date. They will win the SWAC East again this year, but only because the rest of teams in the division are worse!! For real, it ain't gonna be pretty at Scott Field.xbawlingx

AggieManiac704
August 20th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Oh yes it will! JSUcks is, and has been a very weak team for the past few years. It hasn't won an out of conferece FCS game in I don't know when. Last year, they almost lost to another DII team. This year, they will only play 10 games because the AD and Coach refuse to play Prairie View, who is willing to come to Jackson on their mutual open date. They will win the SWAC East again this year, but only because the rest of teams in the division are worse!! For real, it ain't gonna be pretty at Scott Field.xbawlingx

Guys got a good point....I mean...10 games.....and you guys are ok with that?

jcf5445
August 21st, 2009, 08:07 AM
Like all schools, we definitely have our fair share of idiot fans, and unfortunately the message boards are full of them, lol.

Mississippi State's history this decade against FCS opponents:

2008: Southeastern Louisiana W 34-10
2007: Gardner-Webb W 31-15
2006: Jacksonville State W 35-3
2005: Murray State W 38-6
2004: Maine L 7-9
2002: Jacksonville State W 51-13

The common thread during all those years is that MSU's offense has absolutely stunk. It hasn't cracked the top 100 in FBS since 2000, which means it would probably be in the bottom half of FCS schools during that time. That being said, there was still just the one utter stinker against Maine (I was there, never been more embarassed in my life, and being an MSU alum I've dealt with my fair share of embarrasment, lol). I agree that it is ridiculous to predict a 50 point win. I think 30 is more realistic, but with a new coach and new offense you never know what's going to happen.

PS: The funny thing about the year we lost to Maine is that we beat Florida 38-31 later that year and Ron Zook was promptly fired, lol.

SU Jag
August 26th, 2009, 06:21 PM

Yeah, only 10 games is a joke!xnonono2x

TexasTerror
August 26th, 2009, 06:22 PM

Prairie View A&M only has nine, right...? xnonono2x

paward
August 26th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Will be interesting to see Rutland go against his ole team. He may have a point to prove over there. I do think JS will do well but it will be a win for MSU.

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 26th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Will be interesting to see Rutland go against his ole team. He may have a point to prove over there. I do think JS will do well but it will be a win for MSU.

Rutland is 2nd string, but im SUre he will play.