PDA

View Full Version : Southern vs ULL

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 19th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Current Poll on their web site http://www.ragincajuns.com/share/PollRecord.dbml

Which home football game are you most excited about?
Thanks for Voting!

Southern 44.8%

Kansas State 38.0%

North Texas 1.8%

Florida Atlantic (Homecoming) 4.7%

ULM 4.2%

Troy 6.4%

Total Votes 3,729

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 19th, 2009, 06:20 PM
According to the folks on ULL fan board SU has already sold 12,000 tickets and asked for more.

JagHammer
August 19th, 2009, 06:21 PM
I'm ready for the "Redbone Classic." xsmiley_wix

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 19th, 2009, 06:21 PM

me to. xlolx

JohnStOnge
August 19th, 2009, 06:40 PM
I think Southern has a reasonable shot. First game of the season and Southern has a solid QB coming back while ULL will be breaking in a new QB as well as trying to replace probably the best running back it's ever had (if you don't count former QB Brian Mitchell as a running back). I might even go see this one myself as it ought to be a great game day atmosphere and I think it's a definite possibility in terms of a FCS over FBS win.

TexasTerror
August 19th, 2009, 08:47 PM
I'm hoping for a Southern win myself...

Funny how some of the ULL people still consider McNeese 'JV' when the Pokes went in there, kicked their tail and even took a knee to prevent themselves from scoring again...

If McNeese is JV, what's Southern? Hope the Pokes keep the Lafayette radio soundwaves active after a SU win! GEAUX JAGS!

3rd Coast Tiger
August 19th, 2009, 09:42 PM

Please take pictures! That's where my dad's side of the family is from. xthumbsupx

JagHammer
August 19th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Please take pictures! That's where my dad's side of the family is from. xthumbsupx

Sure can doxthumbsupx

SU Jag
August 19th, 2009, 10:13 PM

Yes sir! Its going to be more "Reds" and "Yellows" in that stadium than a bowl of captain crunch!xeekx

JagHammer
August 19th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Yes sir! Its going to be more "Reds" and "Yellows" in that stadium than a bowl of captain crunch!xeekx

You got that right!!!xthumbsupx

813Jag
August 20th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Like everyone else, I need pics. xlolx I'll be in O-Town at the Grambling game. I hope Pete has the team ready to play for this one.

McNeeseState311
August 20th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Looks like you will be able to enjoy a cold beer at the game. I guess this is their new attempt to push ticket sales!

http://www.katc.com/global/story.asp?s=10959315

McNeese72
August 20th, 2009, 08:16 AM
I think some of those Cajun fans are grossly underestimating how many Jag fans will be coming, same as they did the McNeese fans before our game in 2007.

I told them that they might be seeing a record crowd whether they like it or not.

I also told them that the Southern fans are the only FCS school fans in the state that travel better than the McNeese fans.

Doc

GeauxColonels
August 20th, 2009, 01:17 PM
I think some of those Cajun fans are grossly underestimating how many Jag fans will be coming, same as they did the McNeese fans before our game in 2007.

I told them that they might be seeing a record crowd whether they like it or not.

I also told them that the Southern fans are the only FCS school fans in the state that travel better than the McNeese fans.

Doc
If you want to improve your season attendance stats...just schedule Southern at home. It's a simple fact. They travel well and they're a HUGE draw for locals as well in almost every market in Louisiana. If I'm not mistaken, practically the top 5 crowds to see a game in Guidry Stadium in Thibodaux were against Southern (for some reason they don't have that info in this year's media guide). xbowx

813Jag
August 20th, 2009, 01:35 PM
If you want to improve your season attendance stats...just schedule Southern at home. It's a simple fact. They travel well and they're a HUGE draw for locals as well in almost every market in Louisiana. If I'm not mistaken, practically the top 5 crowds to see a game in Guidry Stadium in Thibodaux were against Southern (for some reason they don't have that info in this year's media guide). xbowx
I have no memory of any games in Guidry Stadium, at all. xlolx:o

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 20th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I have no memory of any games in Guidry Stadium, at all. xlolx:o

Still remember Eric Randell fumbling on the 1 yard line on 1st and goal with time running out.

TheBisonator
August 20th, 2009, 05:25 PM
I hope Southern wins. Sun Belt football fans are notorious at thinking that they're automatically better than all FCS teams just because they're designated as FBS.

SU Jag
August 20th, 2009, 06:14 PM

Doc

Yeah, we will break their attendence record no doubt!

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 20th, 2009, 06:22 PM

SU also owns the record at Northwestern. We will add ULL this season and McNeese next season. We will own more stadium records than LSU in State. :D

SU Jag
August 20th, 2009, 06:25 PM
SU also owns the record at Northwestern. We will add ULL this season and McNeese next season. We will own more stadium records than LSU in State. :D

Yes sir! On another note it looks like Mississippi State is getting ready for the Big Blue Bengal Nation of Jackson State. These peeps are gonna learn that the HBCUs travel like nobody's business!xnodx

JohnStOnge
August 20th, 2009, 07:50 PM
I hope Southern wins. Sun Belt football fans are notorious at thinking that they're automatically better than all FCS teams just because they're designated as FBS.

Even though, since its inception as a football league in 2001, the Sun Belt is 4-8 in head to head competition against the Southland Conference. And we all know that the Southland has been kind of a middle of the pack I-AA/FCS league during the 2000s.

McNeese75
August 20th, 2009, 08:39 PM

Sorry, you won't get the McNeese record. The stadium capacity is 17,410 and the attendance record is 27,500 against ULL (or USL then) in 1976. The Fire Marshall will not allow that many fans in the stadium these days.

GAD
August 20th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Sorry, you won't get the McNeese record. The stadium capacity is 17,410 and the attendance record is 27,500 against ULL (or USL then) in 1976. The Fire Marshall will not allow that many fans in the stadium these days.
Well send him on a cruise or something that week!

we got a whole year to think of somthing

McNeese75
August 20th, 2009, 08:58 PM

xlolx Works for me

SU Jag
August 20th, 2009, 09:17 PM
We have already sold over 14,000 for the ULL game according to their website. Im not sure how many they usually draw for a home game but If our fans can get their hands on the rest of those tickets, we'll make it look and feel like an SU home game!

Jaguar Nation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ride Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TexasTerror
August 20th, 2009, 09:33 PM
[COLOR="Blue"]We have already sold over 14,000 for the ULL game according to their website. Im not sure how many they usually draw for a home game but If our fans can get their hands on the rest of those tickets, we'll make it look and feel like an SU home game!

ULL - who prefers to be called Louisiana - knows about that. McNeese did it to them! xthumbsupx

813Jag
August 21st, 2009, 07:06 AM
Still remember Eric Randell fumbling on the 1 yard line on 1st and goal with time running out.
I'm still trying to block that game out.

I wish I could be at this game. xnonono2x

FormerPokeCenter
August 21st, 2009, 09:33 AM
Good luck to the Jags.....If you guys can get up on them early, they're gonna fold like a cheap suit...

The longer you play tit for tat with them, the better they'll do...

You're gonna have two built in advantages.

1.) You're gonna have a better crowd than they will....It'll be like a home game

2.) You're wearing Blue and Gold. That's an unlucky color combination for them.

ESPECIALLY if you get up on them early. ;) It's gonna bring back some really unpleasant memories for them....

JohnStOnge
August 21st, 2009, 09:59 AM
We have already sold over 14,000 for the ULL game according to their website. Im not sure how many they usually draw for a home game but If our fans can get their hands on the rest of those tickets, we'll make it look and feel like an SU home game!

Can you give me a link so I can verify that? I'm not doubting you...it's just that I've been looking for it and can't find it.

McTailGator
August 21st, 2009, 10:07 AM

You have a shot, but beware, they quit selling tickets in 2007 at 4:PM with many there standing in lines.

They used the ole "Fire Marshal" excuse.

they did not want to see any FCS schools beating out Alabama and Texas A&M as their top crowds.

ALSO, BUY a LOT of bottled water as soon as you get there. Worse concessions ON THE PLANET.

McTailGator
August 21st, 2009, 10:10 AM

You will NEVER beat the 27,500 attendance record set in the 1976 McNeese vs USL game because the La. Fire Marshals Office will never allow more than 21500 people in our stadium now.

When there was 27,500 people in the stadium, about 4,000 could not even see down into the hole where the playing surface is.

McTailGator
August 21st, 2009, 10:22 AM

Before the 2002 Grambling game, the Fire Marshal told that we don't have enough exit gates to put more than 22,000 or so in there, so that will be about where we have to stop selling tickets.

Cowboy stadium is beginning the endzone complex construction project, which will NOT be completed prior to our 2010 game, so we might be able to (or have to) re-adjust some gates, so maybe we can add a few more to that.

Also, we will have Lamar in 2 weeks prior to the SU game, which will be a sell out as well. Perhaps we may be able to add some temporary rental seating prior to the start of the season.

McTailGator
August 21st, 2009, 10:27 AM

They drew 22,000 cajun fans for the McNEESE game because their fans were VERY exited about playing us. McNeese brought about 12,000 fans, and they closed their ticket office 2 hours before the game so more may have attended had they tried.

BUT, I do not believe their fans will be as exited about SU because you guys don't have a history with them like we had. BUT, I bet they will have about 20000 of those ugly a$$ communist party red shirts there.

You guys could outnumber their fans, if they don't close the booth early, and if the Fire Marshal forgets to show up.

McTailGator
August 21st, 2009, 10:29 AM
ULL - who prefers to be called Louisiana - knows about that. McNeese did it to them! xthumbsupx

I prefer to be called "Your Majesty", but that ain't happening either. xsmiley_wix

GeauxColonels
August 21st, 2009, 01:41 PM
Sadly, I never got to see any Nicholls State / Southern games in Guidry. I had a few fraternity brothers that came up to BR when the Colonels came to town several years back but I couldn't make that one either.

GeauxColonels
August 21st, 2009, 01:43 PM
I prefer to be called "Your Majesty", but that ain't happening either. xsmiley_wix
HA! xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Yeah that whole "Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns" thing annoys the CRAP out of me.

FormerPokeCenter
August 21st, 2009, 02:14 PM
Louisiana's "Laughing Stock" would be more like it for that bunch ;)

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 21st, 2009, 03:06 PM
ULL Athetic department already wont sell anymore tailgating spots to Jag fans. xsmhx . I call today trying to purchase a spot, and they asked if I was a Jag or a Cajun fan. And then she told me all of SU's spots were gone and I couldnt purchase a UL spot unless I purchased season books and purchased a season tailgate pass. Guess I will be squating Sept 5, along with 12-20,000 Jags. If they dont let us tailgate its going to be a mess.

Jaguar05
August 21st, 2009, 03:40 PM
ULL Athetic department already wont sell anymore tailgating spots to Jag fans. xsmhx . I call today trying to purchase a spot, and they asked if I was a Jag or a Cajun fan. And then she told me all of SU's spots were gone and I couldnt purchase a UL spot unless I purchased season books and purchased a season tailgate pass. Guess I will be squating Sept 5, along with 12-20,000 Jags. If they dont let us tailgate its going to be a mess.

A mess doesn't do that situation justice...I have no words for how big of a problem that could be!!! lol

McNeese72
August 21st, 2009, 07:41 PM

No, you won't. I have had this discussion already before. The record for Cowboy Stadium is 27,500 for the 1976 game with the then USL (now ULL). I was at that game and people were literally climbing the light poles to see.

Now a days, the Fire Marshall will not let that many people into the stadium as it presently configured. That is one record that will never be broken unless we enlarge the stadium.

Doc

Edit: I see other McNeese fans have already addressed this. :)

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 21st, 2009, 08:52 PM
Next season, McNeese please find plenty of space for SU tailgaters. We dont mind paying, just find plenty of space for us to tailgate.

Jag4Life
August 22nd, 2009, 08:40 AM
LOL @ THE MCNEESE FAN WHO SAID THE BLUE AND GOLD COMBINATION ISN'T GOOD FOR ULL. lol

McTailGator
August 22nd, 2009, 09:10 AM
Next season, McNeese please find plenty of space for SU tailgaters. We dont mind paying, just find plenty of space for us to tailgate.

If it does not rain, there will be about 3 acres just north of the practice field. If it rains the day before or of the game, that lot will not be available. In additon, there will be a paved lot on the extream north end of the campus that may be available to your tailgators too.

PLUS, if I were you guys, I would talk to our AD to see if you guys can get the Burton Coliseum parking lot and perhaps the Coliseum itself for a Friday night party. There are RV hook ups at the Colsieum and the city can provide shuttle busses for the 2 mile trip from Burton. It's a long way but the RV hookups would be pretty nice for a weekend stay in an RV.

McTailGator
August 22nd, 2009, 09:11 AM
LOL @ THE MCNEESE FAN WHO SAID THE BLUE AND GOLD COMBINATION ISN'T GOOD FOR ULL. lol

I do hope you guys can beat them.

I hate those Laugh-a-ette pricks.

McTailGator
August 22nd, 2009, 09:16 AM

They limited us too. Note that Blackum Coliseum has RV hook ups if ya'll contact Blackum directly ya'll might be able to reserve the entire parking lot.

Also, the Tailgate spots they gave us at the Cajun Dome were about 30 feet wide. Way too wide, we could have squeesed in about 30% more RV's in the spots they gave us. Tell them you don't need so much space. It was a waste of space, and you can't even park your car in your space next to your camper.

Ragin Cajin Administrators or simply the stupidest humanoids on the planet.

Jag4Life
August 22nd, 2009, 09:57 AM
They limited us too. Note that Blackum Coliseum has RV hook ups if ya'll contact Blackum directly ya'll might be able to reserve the entire parking lot.

Also, the Tailgate spots they gave us at the Cajun Dome were about 30 feet wide. Way too wide, we could have squeesed in about 30% more RV's in the spots they gave us. Tell them you don't need so much space. It was a waste of space, and you can't even park your car in your space next to your camper.

Ragin Cajin Administrators or simply the stupidest humanoids on the planet.

Are you serious? I am going to support my team and come on back to BR. ULL is doing too much crap for my liking.

Jag4Life
August 22nd, 2009, 09:59 AM
I do hope you guys can beat them.

I hate those Laugh-a-ette pricks.

I hope we beat them to. If our coaches have the mentality that we can beat them but if they try to get out the game with no injuries then we will lose and we may lose bad but on paper this is a winnable game for us. Their defense is kind of suspect even though they return 9 starters. They can't stop the run.

Jag4Life
August 22nd, 2009, 10:02 AM

I hope we have 15k in their stadium. A lot of SU fans are buying tickets and sit on the home side. lol UH OH!!!

Hood
August 22nd, 2009, 01:42 PM
What does the fire marshal care about football attendance? Last I checked, stadiums are made of concrete which is very difficult to burn.

I'm just saying...

Jaguar05
August 22nd, 2009, 05:41 PM
lol @ the above comment by Hood...funny, yet very true!!

Jag4Life
August 22nd, 2009, 05:46 PM
http://www.raginpagin.com/hotpage/showthread.php3?t=23436

Jag4Life
August 23rd, 2009, 08:42 PM
I heard that SU has not sold out all their 6,000 tickets.

Hood
August 24th, 2009, 12:01 AM
lol @ the above comment by Hood...funny, yet very true!!

Not that I've tried or anything xnodx

Hope you guys handle business, out number them, and make FCS proud.

FormerPokeCenter
August 24th, 2009, 08:54 AM
First thing's first.

When it comes to dealing with USL, you need to understand that you're NOT dealing with rational human beings.

That's the most irrational, delusional, brain-dead and completely non-sensical group of people on the planet. And, I'm sugar-coating it by a wide margin.

Second: I wouldn't belive ANYTHING I read on their fan-based websites...It's truly amazing to see the level of stupidity exhibited on RaginPagin on a daily basis...

One of things that you'll see on that site is the Pentathalam or, as I like to affectionately refer to it: The Pentaphlegm.

It's a highly subjective evaluation system they use occasionally to convince themselves that they've got a quality program. The use a super-secret algorithm to selectively weight wins in all sports and then they average them somehow and - miraculously - USL appears in the top five of all colleges in the US in terms of fans being able to partcipate in watching an athletic win.

What you have to remember is that they count wins by the Bass Fishing team, their Water ski team and they absolutely hang their hat on their women's softball team.

Somehow, if these rankings are to be believed, A Bass Fishing win exposes more fans to a winning atmosphere than an LSU victory over Florida would. Both years that LSU won the football National Championship, the Pentaphlegm (desiged by a USL fan) somehow had the 2-9 USL Chili Peppers ranked higher than the Tigers.

It's just absurd. And the sad part is, I'm not making ANY of this up.

If you expect fair-minded commentary from the folks at USL, you're completely wasting your time.

I've had my issues with Southern in the past, and now that the make-up game is on tap, I'm over that. I hope you guys beat the dog snot out of those morons in Lafayette.

FormerPokeCenter
August 24th, 2009, 08:58 AM
On second thought, forget the Dog Snot. Beat 'em like they stole something. And, if you find yourself ahead 38-17 in the fourth quarter, don't take a knee on their 12-yard tline to run out the clock. Punch it in, go for two and then onside kick and try to score again...

Seriously, just give 'em a blue&gold beat-down!

Can you tell I don't care for them very much?

Oh, and by the way....the RaginPagin site's nickname is "The Idiot Corral."

McTailGator
August 24th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Not that I've tried or anything xnodx

Hope you guys handle business, out number them, and make FCS proud.

It would be difficult to make the FCS fans proud of a victory over the Happless Cajuns, but I will still enjoy hearing that the jags embarrased them on and off the field.

McTailGator
August 24th, 2009, 12:09 PM
First thing's first.

When it comes to dealing with USL, you need to understand that you're NOT dealing with rational human beings.

That's the most irrational, delusional, brain-dead and completely non-sensical group of people on the planet. And, I'm sugar-coating it by a wide margin.

NOTE: ULL's webmaster (I think it is the late Eric Hemler from the SS), has managed to delete the entire 2 week period before and after the September 2007 McNeese vs UL-Laugh game from the pages of RaginPagin. xlolx

I guess they want to re-write history and put that little AZZ-Whoopin we put on them out of thier minds and off the books. (: Ha! I just love it.

McTailGator
August 24th, 2009, 12:11 PM
On second thought, forget the Dog Snot. Beat 'em like they stole something. And, if you find yourself ahead 38-17 in the fourth quarter, don't take a knee on their 12-yard tline to run out the clock. Punch it in, go for two and then onside kick and try to score again...

Seriously, just give 'em a blue&gold beat-down!

Can you tell I don't care for them very much?

Oh, and by the way....the RaginPagin site's nickname is "The Idiot Corral."

Yea, I was upset when we took that knee on the 12 yd line with 1:30 left on the clock. We should have punched it in and gone for 2!

46-17 would have sounded a lot better. xsmiley_wix

McTailGator
August 24th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Are you serious? I am going to support my team and come on back to BR. ULL is doing too much crap for my liking.

Try not to spend any money in the Lafayette area. And Be aware of the Kool- Aid there. It is deadly and could lead to delusional thoughts and stupid actions.

You will recognize the K-sippers when you see them. Eye's kinda of close, crossed, and they have a tendancy to think back to the Texas A&M victory of 14 years ago!xsmiley_wix

McTailGator
August 24th, 2009, 12:15 PM
I hope we beat them to. If our coaches have the mentality that we can beat them but if they try to get out the game with no injuries then we will lose and we may lose bad but on paper this is a winnable game for us. Their defense is kind of suspect even though they return 9 starters. They can't stop the run.

They are as SLOW as a grandmother on Sunday too.

McTailGator
August 24th, 2009, 12:20 PM
What does the fire marshal care about football attendance? Last I checked, stadiums are made of concrete which is very difficult to burn.

I'm just saying...

EXITS...

It really doesn't have as much to do about fire as it does about safety as it does evacuations.

In Louisiana, the fire marshalls work for the Louisiana Department of Public Safety (LDPS). They are concerned with everything from fire safety to terrioism threats, weather related evacs and yes, even crowd control at sporting events. Remember those crushed soccer fans in the UK? The LDPS also prevents that kind of stuff.

There must be X amount of emergency egress points for every person in the stadium.

FormerPokeCenter
August 24th, 2009, 12:31 PM
LOL, Matt seriously pissed me off on that whole taking a knee thing. I was like, "WTF, when did we become TEXAS STATE?" ;)

I love my former teammates who are on the current McStaff, but c'mon...Dude, it's USL for chrissakes, you don't show mercy to those A-holes...you stick it in, twist the knife and find another exposed part of the soft underbelly to do it again, LOL...Is there ANYBODY in college football who's more fun to hate than USL?

I seriously doubt it ;)

I guess he's looking long range and didn't wanna rub it in too much. Afterall, 21-years as a long time to wait to kick some USL ass.

Jag4Life
August 24th, 2009, 01:57 PM
They are as SLOW as a grandmother on Sunday too.

lol HAHA xlolxxlolx

Hood
August 24th, 2009, 07:43 PM
EXITS...

It really doesn't have as much to do about fire as it does about safety as it does evacuations.

In Louisiana, the fire marshalls work for the Louisiana Department of Public Safety (LDPS). They are concerned with everything from fire safety to terrioism threats, weather related evacs and yes, even crowd control at sporting events. Remember those crushed soccer fans in the UK? The LDPS also prevents that kind of stuff.

There must be X amount of emergency egress points for every person in the stadium.

Learning has occurred. Thanks xpeacex

LOL, Matt seriously pissed me off on that whole taking a knee thing. I was like, "WTF, when did we become TEXAS STATE?" ;)

I love my former teammates who are on the current McStaff, but c'mon...Dude, it's USL for chrissakes, you don't show mercy to those A-holes...you stick it in, twist the knife and find another exposed part of the soft underbelly to do it again, LOL...Is there ANYBODY in college football who's more fun to hate than USL?

I seriously doubt it ;)

I guess he's looking long range and didn't wanna rub it in too much. Afterall, 21-years as a long time to wait to kick some USL ass.

I always contend it's a bigger slap to take a knee against someone arrogant than to rub it in on the scoreboard. But you're a former player, I'm just a football fan so I give more credence to your view :)

GeauxColonels
August 24th, 2009, 09:40 PM
I think you can look at it both ways, Hood. But, what's the best thing to do is take it all the way to the 1 yard line...THEN take a knee.

McNeese72
August 24th, 2009, 11:34 PM
I think you can look at it both ways, Hood. But, what's the best thing to do is take it all the way to the 1 yard line...THEN take a knee.

But the way we had them worn down running the ball, the RB might have broken it all the way. Of course, he could have stopped and kneeled on the one yard line. :)

One of my favorite pictures from that game:

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/ull07g13kneel.jpg

Another of my favorite pictures. I don't know who was operating the scoreboard but the "deer in the headlight" graphic on the video board was perfect. That is what all the ULL fans looked like after the game. Like "what the hell just hit us".

http://www.geauxcowboys-eastside.org/images/ull07gscore.jpg

Doc

FormerPokeCenter
August 25th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Doc,

Thanks for posting those....those are my two favorite shots you've ever taken. I know there are some other shots where your artistry shines through, and I know there are shots where you've really captured some special moments...but - for me - those two are just so emblematic of the series between McNeese and USL. I've got those on my bulletin board...

Hood,

LOL, I wouldn't put too much stock in what you read from me here. Ordinarily, I"d say that taking a knee is the right thing to do, and that - if you do it right - you can show utter contempt for your opponent at the same time. But, I've REALLY got a hate-on for USL, even after all these years. And with that bunch, I would've liked to have had a 45-17 final....

They're in denial and delusional and a bigger final margin would've forced them to deal with reality....;)

GeauxColonels
August 25th, 2009, 09:14 AM
But the way we had them worn down running the ball, the RB might have broken it all the way. Of course, he could have stopped and kneeled on the one yard line. :)
My point exactly.

McNeese72
August 25th, 2009, 11:27 AM

My point exactly.

:-) That reminds me of the Villanova Whiners in the 2002 semifinal game. We had 4th down somewhere around their 10 yard line with a little less than a minute on the clock and less than a touchdown lead. If we would have knelt on the ball, the clock would have stopped right then and they would have had the ball with time left on the clock. So we ran a simple dive play in the line to run a little more time off the clock and try to get the first down. The runningback broke it and scored. And don't you know, the Whiner fans were crying on the messageboards after that game that we ran up the score.

Doc

crossfire07
August 25th, 2009, 12:22 PM
I hope Southern goes in there and beats them so bad their governing board makes a rule against ever playing another FCS football game and that kind of wh00ping is possible.

FormerPokeCenter
August 25th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Doc,

I know you're being facetious. I find it hard to believe that Villanova fans whined about that last play. Now, I know they whined about the thumb, the fumble recovery, the non-fumble fumble when Jacob Prim lost the ball because he hit the GROUND, but about that play?

C'mon!

McNeese72
August 25th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Doc,

I know you're being facetious. I find it hard to believe that Villanova fans whined about that last play. Now, I know they whined about the thumb, the fumble recovery, the non-fumble fumble when Jacob Prim lost the ball because he hit the GROUND, but about that play?

C'mon!

Yep, it is true. We got accused by some fans of running up the score because of that play.

That little color commentator sucked. The replay of the Prim "fumble" through the corner of the endzone was playing clearly showing his knee was down before he lost the ball and that guy was going on how the replay showed it was a fumble. And he said listen on the replay of the Pendarvis "fumble" and you could hear the McNeese sideline yelling at the refs "Blow the whistle, blow the whistle" I watched the replay and turned up the sound and what they were actually saying was "He blew the whistle, he blew the whistle" meaning one of the refs had blown the play dead already.

Of course, I got sick of hearing about "the thumb".

Doc

McNeese72
August 25th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Doc,

C'mon!

Oh, one other thing. You forgot about the offensive pass interference call on the pick play.

Doc

McTailGator
August 25th, 2009, 01:00 PM

OK,

We should have scored and took a knee on the Extra Point. xsmiley_wix

GeauxColonels
August 25th, 2009, 02:13 PM
:-) That reminds me of the Villanova Whiners in the 2002 semifinal game. We had 4th down somewhere around their 10 yard line with a little less than a minute on the clock and less than a touchdown lead. If we would have knelt on the ball, the clock would have stopped right then and they would have had the ball with time left on the clock. So we ran a simple dive play in the line to run a little more time off the clock and try to get the first down. The runningback broke it and scored. And don't you know, the Whiner fans were crying on the messageboards after that game that we ran up the score.

Doc
Wait, you were leading by less than a TD...you scored to make it a 2 possession game...and that was running up the score?! xeyebrowx

GeauxColonels
August 25th, 2009, 02:14 PM
OK,

We should have scored and took a knee on the Extra Point. xsmiley_wix

xnodxxnodxxnodx

THAT would have been classic.

McNeese72
August 25th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Wait, you were leading by less than a TD...you scored to make it a 2 possession game...and that was running up the score?! xeyebrowx

Yep. The score was 32-28 with probably 30 seconds or something left. The final score ended up being 39-28. Hell, we were just running a dive play by a runningback to pick up the first down and run out the clock and he popped it for the TD. I guess they expected us to kneel on the ball and give them the ball back with time left on the clock. xconfusedx

Doc

GeauxColonels
August 25th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Yep. The score was 32-28 with probably 30 seconds or something left. The final score ended up being 39-28. Hell, we were just running a dive play by a runningback to pick up the first down and run out the clock and he popped it for the TD. I guess they expected us to kneel on the ball and give them the ball back with time left on the clock. xconfusedx

Doc
Stupid people. Personally, running up the score doesn't really bother me. If you can't stop us, that's your problem. I can't imagine a coach telling his team to try NOT to do well and score. It goes against everything they've been practicing to do.

crossfire07
August 26th, 2009, 10:15 AM
I don't know that they tell them not to do well but reading this brings me back to when McNeese played Southern Virginia. them boys came down here and got their butts handed to them the second the ball was kicked off but they never gave up and played hard the whole game.Coach V was not trying to run up the score. even with the practice guys in it was not a match but allowing them to lose 63 - 7 vs 63 - 0 not only showed some class but like their coach said, "The coaches of McNeese are to congratulated for allowing us to leave with some dignity." The McNeese fans even cheered when they scored but I don't think you will see ULL fans doing much cheering no matter who scores.

Bigmoneymike
August 28th, 2009, 09:14 PM
I heard from someone today that southern was selling the tickets they received from UL at $35.00 so a lot of ppl were going directly through cajun atletics at $24.00. Not sure how reliable the source is though. I cant wait for the game.

Jag4Life
August 29th, 2009, 01:13 AM
I heard from someone today that southern was selling the tickets they received from UL at $35.00 so a lot of ppl were going directly through cajun atletics at $24.00. Not sure how reliable the source is though. I cant wait for the game.

No, they were selling them at $24.00. A lot of fans are going to ULL and buy tickets to pack their home side because 6,000 is not enough for us. Everyone knows that. They are going to have around 1200 or more people coming in on buses alone.

Jaguar05
August 29th, 2009, 11:01 AM
No, they were selling them at $24.00. A lot of fans are going to ULL and buy tickets to pack their home side because 6,000 is not enough for us. Everyone knows that. They are going to have around 1200 or more people coming in on buses alone.

EXACTLY!!!

Jag4Life
August 29th, 2009, 02:13 PM
EXACTLY!!!

They will see. I can believe that SU got a 2nd set of tickets from ULL. Those season ticket holders got there tickets, and the buses got in on them as well. The general public ate the rest of them up.

Bigmoneymike
August 30th, 2009, 02:39 PM
I cant wait to see what the crowd will be like.