Awesome, was hoping we'd start playing some/all of the Dakota schools

Thundar
August 18th, 2009, 05:24 PM

well only at home anyways:D

Good game for UND but I hope they don't bank on a returnxnonono2x

nevadagriz
August 18th, 2009, 05:41 PM
do you have to be such a biotch thundork. let it go.

HenZoneNation
August 18th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Man I would love to have a Montana vs. UD match up; each with a home game. I know it's wishful thinking but here are two teams that have a great fan base...would be great.

cowbellnation
August 18th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Thundar doesn't have to let it go, because it is fact. Good luck getting them to come to Grand Forks.

nevadagriz
August 18th, 2009, 05:54 PM
That was not fair thundar , sorry to go off on ya. Problem is Montana has been accused of soft scheduling now they are ramping up the schedule and Bison fans continue to bring up the buy out thing from a few years back. Besides MSU bought out your H and H not the griz.
hell everything montana has been accused of the last few years they have addressed
1 soft ooc = add mcneese and appy
2 can't win on the road in playoffs = beat no.1 jmu
3.couldn't beat a top a-10 team = see no 2
4. hell i guess all they need to do now is go on the road and kick the shat out of ndsu!

TheBisonator
August 18th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Griz should've done that deal with NDSU.

OrygunBison
August 18th, 2009, 06:06 PM
This thread isn't about NDSU.

Nice scheduling for UND all around, not just the Montana games. Texas Tech, Fresno State, San Diego State... wow. I'm a little jealous.

griz8791
August 18th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Thundar doesn't have to let it go, because it is fact. Good luck getting them to come to Grand Forks.

I hear the Davis trip is still on.

Ronbo
August 18th, 2009, 06:13 PM
They keep forgetting the 2003 game was a money game. No home and home contract. They took the money and the "W" and ran.:( I heard there was some taunting by the NDSU players as time ran out. Maybe the Administration took offense and they will not schedule the Bison for years to come.

mtgrizfan4life
August 18th, 2009, 06:15 PM
I am happy this is scheduled. However, ND and NDSU should have been an every year thing. The BSC screwed up BIG TIME not accepting them or the South Dakota schools. I feel the SD and ND schools would be better for the BSC and on the same level with Montana, Montana State, and Weber State.

Rest of the conference is average at best athletically with next to no fanbase (God Bless the fans for all BSC teams, but there just is not enough fans). Who else thinks the Dakota schools would have been good additions for the BSC?

I am glad to see the GRIZ are scheduling out of conference FCS teams such as App State, McNeese State, and North Dakota. It is good for FCS football and the fans.

Let me add, I would love to see UNI added to the GRIZ schedule.

griz8791
August 18th, 2009, 06:16 PM
. . . Who else thinks the Dakota schools would have been good additions for the BSC? . . .

+1.

coover
August 18th, 2009, 08:08 PM

You could leave the Big Sky and join the Great West! You'd get two of the Dakota Schools along with Poly and Davis. And you wouldn't have to play Weber State.

Seriously, Poly would love regular Home and Homes with Montana.

And it is good to see that UND is stepping up it's scheduling.

Poker Alan
August 18th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Big Sky is much more established and respected, we could dump Sac St and Northern Colorado, for starters, and make both North Dakota schools work, and then figure out South Dakota schools...

PantherRob82
August 18th, 2009, 08:49 PM
I am happy this is scheduled. However, ND and NDSU should have been an every year thing. The BSC screwed up BIG TIME not accepting them or the South Dakota schools. I feel the SD and ND schools would be better for the BSC and on the same level with Montana, Montana State, and Weber State.

Rest of the conference is average at best athletically with next to no fanbase (God Bless the fans for all BSC teams, but there just is not enough fans). Who else thinks the Dakota schools would have been good additions for the BSC?

I am glad to see the GRIZ are scheduling out of conference FCS teams such as App State, McNeese State, and North Dakota. It is good for FCS football and the fans.

Won't happen. I heard Montana proposed a neutral field game. Not sure if that's true

SDFS
August 18th, 2009, 08:52 PM
You could leave the Big Sky and join the Great West! You'd get two of the Dakota Schools along with Poly and Davis. And you wouldn't have to play Weber State.

Seriously, Poly would love regular Home and Homes with Montana.

And it is good to see that UND is stepping up it's scheduling.

UND is trying but sometimes it does not always work:

1) Poly - contract torn up by the conference
2) Weber St. - not sure what happened to that one..
3) Idaho St. - buy out of return home trip
4) UNI - UND was trying for a home and home as part of the first game in 2006. But, it appears that USD got the reward with a 5 years 3-2 contract.

Thundar
August 18th, 2009, 09:08 PM
That was not fair thundar , sorry to go off on ya. Problem is Montana has been accused of soft scheduling now they are ramping up the schedule and Bison fans continue to bring up the buy out thing from a few years back. Besides MSU bought out your H and H not the griz.
hell everything montana has been accused of the last few years they have addressed
1 soft ooc = add mcneese and appy
2 can't win on the road in playoffs = beat no.1 jmu
3.couldn't beat a top a-10 team = see no 2
4. hell i guess all they need to do now is go on the road and kick the shat out of ndsu!

I never once in my post stated anything about buying out any game with NDSU, I know the 03 game was a 1 game deal, but UM has a track record of doing it ask SDSU, and many other schools

as I said before Good game for both schools, but UND fans don't count on a return!!!xcoffeex

Hammerhead
August 18th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Do you want some French cries with that?

Coach, the other team said mean things about us after we crapped the bed and gave up a huge lead! Please don't make us play them again! xrotatehx

They keep forgetting the 2003 game was a money game. No home and home contract. They took the money and the "W" and ran.:( I heard there was some taunting by the NDSU players as time ran out. Maybe the Administration took offense and they will not schedule the Bison for years to come.

JayJ79
August 18th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Won't happen. I heard Montana proposed a neutral field game. Not sure if that's true

I'm not sure a neutral field game makes much sense (unless it's in......, say, Chattanooga! like it should have been last winter)

That means both fanbases would have to travel (and while both have decent road warrior fans, their numbers are far less than either would draw for home games). PLUS you'd have to pay for whatever neutral facility it's held at. So both schools would end up losing money, which is not something either of them want to do. At least not for a regular season game.

bincitysioux
August 18th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Who else thinks the Dakota schools would have been good additions for the BSC?

Count me in.

Even today, with 3 of the 4 Dakota schools joining the same conference, if I had a choice, I'd pick the Big Sky. I'd love for North Dakota to be associated with Montana, Montana St., Weber St., and yes.......even Idaho St.

As far as the worries that the Griz will buy out the return game, yes I worry that it could really happen, but when you play in a 5 team conference, getting just an away game of this quality is a coup for North Dakota. And Montana has shown a willing-ness to travel to Great West schools in recent years.........UC Davis this season and multiple year agreement with Cal Poly.

JBB
August 18th, 2009, 09:57 PM
I used to think the BSC would have been the best for SDSU and NDSU. Now I am happy with where we are. Now the only school might be UND. USD is already in the Summit, of course they could leave, but it seems unlikely. But if they were invited to the BSC with UND they might do it.

griz8791
August 18th, 2009, 10:10 PM
. . . As far as the worries that the Griz will buy out the return game, yes I worry that it could really happen . . .

I f'n hope we are done with that.

Ronbo
August 18th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Happens all the time in FBS and FCS.

We bought out SDSU for $50,000 for a $650,000 payday with Iowa. We bought out Poly for $50,000 for a $450,000 payday with Oregon.

It's business. We have NEVER bought out NDSU.

griz8791
August 18th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Valid points. I still f'n hope we are done with it.

GOKATS
August 18th, 2009, 11:08 PM

We bought out SDSU for $50,000 for a $650,000 payday with Iowa. We bought out Poly for $50,000 for a $450,000 payday with Oregon.

Proof is in the pudding, UND will get bought out.xnodx dUMb will buy UND out to host Lewis & Clark College because they make a million bucks on a home gamexeyebrowx. Safe bet is dUMb won't be buying out the UND game for a FBS paycheck.xeekxxlolx

Ronbo
August 18th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Proof is in the pudding, UND will get bought out.xnodx dUMb will buy UND out to host Lewis & Clark College because they make a million bucks on a home gamexeyebrowx. Safe bet is dUMb won't be buying out the UND game for a FBS paycheck.xeekxxlolx

Yeah, isn't that something. Home games are a money machine. We'll be expanding the West side next so we can make even more.xlolx We'll be making more on one game in the near future than MSU makes the whole season. xlolxxlolxxlolx

Grizzaholic
August 18th, 2009, 11:25 PM
I, for one, am happy that UM and UND got together and put this on the books. Great job by both schools and especially for both school's fans, for those that don't mind a little road trip.

FargoBison
August 19th, 2009, 12:11 AM

No you didn't, you bought SDSU out so you could play every non-conference game at home. At least be honest. I and most NDSU fans don't think you bought us out, you disrespected our GWFC peers, and that is why we were upset.

I will say the Griz are making some strides as of late, but what you did to SDSU just won't ever sit right to me and I'll just leave it at that.

BisonNDSU
August 19th, 2009, 12:37 AM
http://billingsgazette.com/sports/college/blogs/catgrizinsider/article_cdad1134-8c55-11de-b656-001cc4c03286.html

check out that link

PantherRob82
August 19th, 2009, 02:16 AM
http://billingsgazette.com/sports/college/blogs/catgrizinsider/article_cdad1134-8c55-11de-b656-001cc4c03286.html

check out that link

I don't get their shot at SDSU. SDSU maybe be better in the next few years...xconfusedx

FargoBison
August 19th, 2009, 02:31 AM
I don't get their shot at SDSU. SDSU maybe be better in the next few years...xconfusedx

I don't get it either, especially when you consider they almost beat the Griz in one of the two games they played in Missoula.

FCS Go!
August 19th, 2009, 07:50 AM
The Billings Gazette seems to run a lot of articles that focus on shortcomings(real or imagined) in the Griz program and it is no surprise that they got some of the facts wrong in their research for this article. NDSU had quite a bit of buzz around them with their wins and near-win over FBS programs a few years ago plus they beat the Griz xeekx, something that really impresses a Cat-friendly publication like the BG.

JBB
August 19th, 2009, 08:05 AM
If there is a buyout clause in a contract exercising the clause is not "dissing" anybody. It is perfectly legit. You have to assume if you have the back end, like UND has and NDSU had with Montana State, that the clause will be excercised. Thats why its there. The dominate program, the program that plays first, is simply hedging their bets. They are obviously looking for a better deal than the buyout. Schools in the subordinate position should have an eye open for a replacement game and most importantly negotiate a decent buyout price.

They buyout is there for a reason. Its ok to use. xthumbsupx

This is a big game for UND. Biggest in years. Maybe it will get them, their lawyers and their legislators off the back of NDSU to schedule them? I sure hope so.

darell1976
August 19th, 2009, 08:51 AM
I used to think the BSC would have been the best for SDSU and NDSU. Now I am happy with where we are. Now the only school might be UND. USD is already in the Summit, of course they could leave, but it seems unlikely. But if they were invited to the BSC with UND they might do it.

We will most likely be accepted into the Summit too especially since Centenary is going to D2. I would have loved for us to be in the Big Sky but i like the idea of the Montana's joining the Great West instead.

Grizzaholic
August 19th, 2009, 08:56 AM
We will most likely be accepted into the Summit too especially since Centenary is going to D2. I would have loved for us to be in the Big Sky but i like the idea of the Montana's joining the Great West instead.

xlolx

darell1976
August 19th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Is it me or is it that the Bison fans are jealous that Montana is signing with UND and not NDSU. Just by reading some posts about Montana/UND all of a sudden NDSU is in this thread. Now if Montana signed with NDSU for a home and home would Sioux fans be saying they aren't coming to NDSU they will get bought out blah blah blah. This gets old folks.

darell1976
August 19th, 2009, 08:57 AM
xlolx

xconfusedxxconfusedxxconfusedx Did i say something funny??

griz8791
August 19th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Is it me or is it that the Bison fans are jealous that Montana is signing with UND and not NDSU. Just by reading some posts about Montana/UND all of a sudden NDSU is in this thread. Now if Montana signed with NDSU for a home and home would Sioux fans be saying they aren't coming to NDSU they will get bought out blah blah blah. This gets old folks.

Yes, it does get old but this time they're not ripping on UND.

darell1976
August 19th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Yes, it does get old but this time they're not ripping on UND.

Just seems in every UND/?? post it always has to include NDSU...I know some Sioux fans bring UND into NDSU posts (i do that but try to do it positively) but it gets old. Everyone should look at this positively not bash Montana saying they will not show up in 2013 for the game at UND why not, UND is eligible for playoffs plus if UND beats Montana next year why not go after some payback. I am surprised that Montana hasn't scheduled NDSU after the D2 Bison won but thats not what this thread is about.

Gil Dobie
August 19th, 2009, 09:54 AM

It's more about Montana, not UND. Montana gets a lot of income from their home games, and that's hard to turn down.

Great game for the team formerly known as the Sioux xthumbsupx

SteelCurtain
August 19th, 2009, 10:26 AM

It's business. We have NEVER bought out NDSU.\

Correct..but the right thing to do is re-schedule the games for another year.

Not cut and run..Leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths...

SteelCurtain
August 19th, 2009, 10:28 AM

this link says it all....

darell1976
August 19th, 2009, 10:56 AM
\

Correct..but the right thing to do is re-schedule the games for another year.

Not cut and run..Leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths...

I agree 100%!!!! Idaho State backed out of a game with us so we had to scramble to find an opponent, if they aren't going to stick to the deal why make it to begin with...too many backouts could blacklist a team then no one will want to make a deal with them.

putter
August 19th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Rachac is an azz who cant stand the Griz. Who knows why the Griz and Bison have not played again and to speculate is just that. I am happy to see that the Griz are playing more FCS teams OOC. I would love to see 2004 OOC again where the Griz played Maine, Sam Houston, Hofstra and Northern Colorado but that got us into the million dollar deficit crap and we know what happened after that.

Money is money and in todays economic times you have to make it stretch. There is no difference between NDSU playing Iowa St or Montana playing Western State, one team is playing down (or up) to make money.

Silenoz
August 19th, 2009, 11:31 AM

this link says it all....

The things it says:

This is all well and good for the Griz, but frankly we would rather them play North Dakota State, a much tougher opponent.

That remains to be seen. UND has arguable been the better program for the last ten years. And I don't know who this "we" is, I like seeing the Griz take on a new opponent

UND may be formidable at the FCS level one day one day, but at this point this matchup isn't much better than the Griz playing Southern Utah or South Dakota or South Dakota State.

South Dakota State was a playoff contender last year and has 2 straight wins over the Bison, so I'm not sure what point he's trying to make here.

NDSU, however, has had more success in the FCS and is a contender to win the Missouri Valley Conference on a yearly basis.

UND has one year of DI transitional play. NDSU has one year of MVC play

What a terrible article

griz8791
August 19th, 2009, 11:48 AM
As confusing as this is, it was Rachac who brought SDSU into the discussion. He invokes SDSU to argue why NDSU would be a better opponent than UND. The steps in the syllogism are (1) SDSU would be a weaker opponent than NDSU "at this point;" (2) an OOC game against UND isn't much better than an OOC game against SDSU would be "at this point," therefore (3) the OOC game against UND isn't as good as an OOC game against NDSU would be. If you think my restatement of his argument is unfair, go back and read that paragraph. Hidden beneath this are insinuations by Rachac that (1) NDSU is better than SDSU "at this point" and (2) UND is slightly (but not much) better than SDSU "at this point." The problem with all of this is that "at this point" almost necessarily has to include the last two years, during which period SDSU beat NDSU not just once but twice, including at the Fargo Dome. SDSU is hot and on a roll "at this point." They would be a very good OOC opponent for the Griz or anyone else "at this point." If Rachac doesn't know this, he's a sloppy journalist. If he does know it, the comparison is disingenuous.

Benne
August 19th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Rachac's uninformed dismissal of SDSU in this article seriously undermines his credibility, particularly when he suggests SDSU would be a weaker opponent than NDSU "at this point." The long-term prospects for both NDSU and SDSU are very promising, yet Rachac isn't talking about the long-term because he deliberately chose the words "at this point." If Rachac doesn't know SDSU has won the Dakota Marker the last two years running, he shouldn't be using SDSU as an example of a weak OOC opponent.

Rep it upxthumbsupx

uofmman1122
August 19th, 2009, 12:47 PM
I'd much rather see the Griz play NDSU rather than SDSU.

At this point, NDSU is like a free win. xlolx

Also, that article is written by an ignorant crackpot who's constantly only trying to ***** on the Griz. (Kind of like some NDSU fans here xwhistlex)

If Griz football cured AIDs and Cancer, he'd find some way to bitch about it. xlolx

onbison09
August 19th, 2009, 12:51 PM

Not getting into the Big Sky may have been a blessing in disguise for the SD and ND schools. MVFC>BSC

onbison09
August 19th, 2009, 12:55 PM
I'd much rather see the Griz play NDSU rather than SDSU.

At this point, NDSU is like a free win. xlolx

Also, that article is written by an ignorant crackpot who's constantly only trying to ***** on the Griz. (Kind of like some NDSU fans here xwhistlex)

If Griz football cured AIDs and Cancer, he'd find some way to bitch about it. xlolx

Why do you think that? xconfusedx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-A_1IhmLj4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3My_G4VB5c&feature=related

uofmman1122
August 19th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Why do you think that? xconfusedx
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-A_1IhmLj4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3My_G4VB5c&feature=relatedAfter the performance last year and all the off-season trouble that's been happening at NDSU, I think you guys'll be lucky to win 6 games this year. Bring up 2003 all you want, it won't make your 2009 team any better. xcoffeex

griz8791
August 19th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Not getting into the Big Sky may have been a blessing in disguise for the SD and ND schools. MVFC>BSC

What would happen if you flipped yourselves to the other side of the equation? I know it's speculative and the course can't be rerun, but I'd be interested to know whether you think an MVFC without NSDU and SDSU would be better than a BSC that included NDSU and SDSU. I'd also be interested in what other MVFC fans think about this.

FargoBison
August 19th, 2009, 01:41 PM
After the performance last year and all the off-season trouble that's been happening at NDSU, I think you guys'll be lucky to win 6 games this year. Bring up 2003 all you want, it won't make your 2009 team any better. xcoffeex

We'll win 6 but I won't make any guarantees after that. I think our off-season has been decent, we hired a great DC in Breske got rid of a bad OC and had a great recruiting class. I know we had off the field issues but it isn't that big of deal(in regards to how good the team will be), the players off the team are an average receiver, a horrible QB, and a scout team LB.

RabidRabbit
August 19th, 2009, 01:56 PM
BTW Congrats to UND and to Griz for getting this lined up. I just hope Griz make it to Grand Forks. xcoolxxcoolx

Bison77
August 19th, 2009, 02:02 PM
After the performance last year and all the off-season trouble that's been happening at NDSU, I think you guys'll be lucky to win 6 games this year. Bring up 2003 all you want, it won't make your 2009 team any better. xcoffeex

I wouldn't be bringing up off field problems if I was you. The Griz had lots last year and did pretty well.

BearsCountry
August 19th, 2009, 02:13 PM
What would happen if you flipped yourselves to the other side of the equation? I know it's speculative and the course can't be rerun, but I'd be interested to know whether you think an MVFC without NSDU and SDSU would be better than a BSC that included NDSU and SDSU. I'd also be interested in what other MVFC fans think about this.

MVC would still be better.

BearsCountry
August 19th, 2009, 02:14 PM

You better believe it, especially if your other sports start to really dominate the Summit League - you could end up in the MVC.

Silenoz
August 19th, 2009, 02:37 PM
MVC would still be better.

Disagree. Match-up the top five teams (excluding the Dakotas) in each conference, and I think the Big Sky wins most (or all) of those games. Even with the Dakotas I don't know which way it would swing

Kabooom
August 19th, 2009, 02:46 PM

Go Cats....You and all your fellow Griz Envy Cat Buds.......Profane and diss as much as you like.....If the Cats were in the same position as the Griz, they would be scheduling, and doing close to the same thing Montana is...But they can't ...Plain and simple... Can some one tell me what our overall record is against MSU??...I forget as I am too dUMb......No I won't use any brand name profanity...It's just MSU....I believe the series record between our two football teams that goes back to the turn of the 19th century to be about a 2 to 1 win loss ratio in favor of dUMb...

I forget....whats the overall series record?? I'm too dUMb to remember...Maybe an up-scale Cat fan can refresh my dUMb memory...

I think I would also like to stay quite dUMb......Thankyou....bxlolx

The diss about Montana buying out to play the likes of Lewis and clark state???

How did did the Cats fare against Humbolt-weed :p state, and Chadron state??No, lets forget about that scene and just continue to concentrate on how much you have to include practically every thread with griz envy...Keep up the positive advertising...we love it!xlolx

89rabbit
August 19th, 2009, 05:01 PM

Easy Greg Rachac is clueless. Probably doesn’t know we have beaten NDSU two years in a row and are picked to finish higher this year in the Valley. xnonono2x

SDFS
August 19th, 2009, 09:34 PM
It is being reported that the buy out for the return game is $100,000. So, it is a nice buy out if they do not make the return trip.. I love the idea of the home and home with Montana.. I hope UNI or S. Ill are next..

GOKATS
August 19th, 2009, 09:50 PM
It is being reported that the buy out for the return game is $100,000. So, it is a nice buy out if they do not make the return trip.. I love the idea of the home and home with Montana.. I hope UNI or S. Ill is next..

I think it'd be great if it works out, but for a $100K buyout four years down the road, if I were the UND AD I'd add the money to that years budget and be on the lookout for an opponent for that weekend. No smack against the griz, I just don't see them doing an OOC road trip for that money (2013 is the first of back to back 12 game FCS seasons though, so that might play into it).

PantherRob82
August 19th, 2009, 11:00 PM
It is being reported that the buy out for the return game is $100,000. So, it is a nice buy out if they do not make the return trip.. I love the idea of the home and home with Montana.. I hope UNI or S. Ill are next..

I doubt UNI is interested. Probably not even in a 2 for 1. I'm sure we never want to see them again. xwhistlex

PantherRob82
August 19th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Disagree. Match-up the top five teams (excluding the Dakotas) in each conference, and I think the Big Sky wins most (or all) of those games. Even with the Dakotas I don't know which way it would swing

Let's discuss this further:

SIU Montana
UNI Weber St

I don't know or care after that point.

Games 1 and 2, I think the home team would win most of the time.

I could see the Big Sky/MVFC game 3 being close, but I don't know about 4-5. Especially if YSU is back to normal.

grizzpaw
August 20th, 2009, 06:57 AM
i have no doubt that UNIxbawlingx wants NOTHING to do with montana, after the last beating they took from montana!

darell1976
August 20th, 2009, 08:56 AM
I think it'd be great if it works out, but for a $100K buyout four years down the road, if I were the UND AD I'd add the money to that years budget and be on the lookout for an opponent for that weekend. No smack against the griz, I just don't see them doing an OOC road trip for that money (2013 is the first of back to back 12 game FCS seasons though, so that might play into it).

Can someone explain to me how there are some seasons of 12 games and some with 11?? I know you can get 12 if you play Hawaii.

GOKATS
August 20th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Can someone explain to me how there are some seasons of 12 games and some with 11?? I know you can get 12 if you play Hawaii.Most years have 13 Saturdays during the regular season as set by the NCAA. Occasionally a year will have 14 Saturdays during the season and in those years the FCS is allowed 12 regular season games. Last year was one of those and 2013 and 2014 are the next two.

darell1976
August 20th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Most years have 13 Saturdays during the regular season as set by the NCAA. Occasionally a year will have 14 Saturdays during the season and in those years the FCS is allowed 12 regular season games. Last year was one of those and 2013 and 2014 are the next two.

Okay, thank you!!!!!xthumbsupx So far Montana is the only team on UND's schedule in 2013, 9/14/13--possible Potato Bowl game!!!

Big Al
August 20th, 2009, 10:46 AM
i have no doubt that UNIxbawlingx wants NOTHING to do with montana, after the last beating they took from montana!

Not quite. Nothing was more painful than watching Richmond manhandle you guys in Chattanooga last year. We knew we had the team to pay you cretins back for the "Videotape Game" and it would have been even sweeter doing it for the NC.

Ah, well. Past is past. Maybe we'll just have to hope we can do this year what we missed out on last year.

I don't think there's a single UNI fan who doesn't dream of a rematch.

Silenoz
August 20th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Not quite. Nothing was more painful than watching Richmond manhandle you guys in Chattanooga last year. We knew we had the team to pay you cretins back for the "Videotape Game" and it would have been even sweeter doing it for the NC.

Ah, well. Past is past. Maybe we'll just have to hope we can do this year what we missed out on last year.

I get the sense you think that game would of been a free win for UNI

(I was pulling for UNI too, UNI-UM would of been a fun game)

grizband
August 20th, 2009, 11:20 AM

I was hoping for that rematch as well, and got very excited when UNI took a late lead. Honestly, I liked our chances against UNI better than Richmond, mostly because of Sidbury and the status of our o-line coming into that game.

griz8791
August 20th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Accusing UNI of being "afraid" of the Griz is about as valid as accusing the Griz of being "afraid" of NDSU. In other words, not valid at all.

Season must be getting close. Even more chippy, chest-out swaggering here at AGS than usual.

Thundar
August 20th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Accusing UNI of being "afraid" of the Griz is about as valid as accusing the Griz of being "afraid" of NDSU. In other words, not valid at all.

Season must be getting close. Even more chippy, chest-out swaggering here at AGS than usual.

LOL I get a kick out of the too Afraid to play thing too, its about schedules, playoffs and oh yeah MONEY!!! Our QB is scarier than your QB!!!!

oh wait he is DAMN!!!!

bincitysioux
August 20th, 2009, 01:43 PM

Everyone knows that UNI is afraid of UND. xlolx

Tailbone
August 20th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Not getting into the Big Sky may have been a blessing in disguise for the SD and ND schools.....

Yep!

.....At least you now have a chance to win your conference.
:D

darell1976
August 20th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Everyone knows that UNI is afraid of UND. xlolx

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx I doubt it. I would love to see UNI at the Alerus.

SDFS
August 20th, 2009, 07:53 PM
This is a big game for UND. Biggest in years. Maybe it will get them, their lawyers and their legislators off the back of NDSU to schedule them? I sure hope so.

If you are talking about earlier this year with the bill that was introduced by both a UND and NDSU grad. I would say that mess was the direct result of the three day Fargo media circus when the Summit and NDSU worked out the NA scheduling policy in public - if fact UND can out with a statement stating that they did not support that course of action.. come on your better than this - stop the spin..

darell1976
August 21st, 2009, 07:38 AM
If you are talking about earlier this year with the bill that was introduced by both a UND and NDSU grad. I would say that mess was the direct result of the three day Fargo media circus when the Summit and NDSU worked out the NA scheduling policy in public - if fact UND can out with a statement stating that they did not support that course of action.. come on your better than this - stop the spin..

Which didn't work since UND played SDSU in baseball, and we play UMKC in basketball this fall. But Oct. 1 is slowly approaching so beyond that the ban with Summit league teams will be gone plus the ban with Minnesota should be lifted too since UND will either be the Sioux for 30 more years or they will be on the road to a new name.