PDA

View Full Version : Great West Coach's Poll

bincitysioux
August 17th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Great West Conference Coaches Select Cal Poly to Repeat as Champion (http://www.greatwestconference.org/genrel/081709aah.html)

2009 Great West Conference Preseason Football Poll

1. Cal Poly (4) 24 pts.

2. UC Davis (1) 20 pts.

3. South Dakota 12 pts.

4. North Dakota 10 pts.

5. Southern Utah 9 pts.

darell1976
August 18th, 2009, 07:05 AM
Great West Conference Coaches Select Cal Poly to Repeat as Champion (http://www.greatwestconference.org/genrel/081709aah.html)

2009 Great West Conference Preseason Football Poll

1. Cal Poly (4) 24 pts.

2. UC Davis (1) 20 pts.

3. South Dakota 12 pts.

4. North Dakota 10 pts.

5. Southern Utah 9 pts.

I would've thought SUU would be higher than us and USD.

RabidRabbit
August 18th, 2009, 08:57 AM
Why the UC-Davis hype? Are they bringing back a solid team, or is it more that they are the other full schollie team that has challenged in the past?

SUU should be fairly decent this year. UND, very few returnees.

Poly getting the UCLA WR transfer to (sorta) fill Barden's shoes was a wonderful addition. xthumbsupx For Poly to make the play-offs again, they'll need to either win an FBS game, or not lose an FCS game.

bincitysioux
August 18th, 2009, 09:09 AM
I actually like UC Davis as the favorite in the Great West this season. Cal Poly lost just about everybody on offense, completely new coaching staff, and are installing an entirely new defense.

The Aggies have so many weapons coming back on offense, they will score in bunches.

smallcollegefbfan
August 18th, 2009, 09:24 AM
I actually like UC Davis as the favorite in the Great West this season. Cal Poly lost just about everybody on offense, completely new coaching staff, and are installing an entirely new defense.

The Aggies have so many weapons coming back on offense, they will score in bunches.

I was about to say that I could easily see UC Davis winning the league and CP finishing 2nd this year. With their QB, WR combo, TE, the young backs, and the solid OL, I could see this team being the best offense in the league when all is said and done this year.

SUUTbird
August 18th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Well no surprise we arent getting any respect, SUU has alot to prove in 09 as in the past, well we have been quite horrible, and i dont mind being the underdog, just means were going to shock more people when we start winning xthumbsupx. And the Aggies are scary on offense, but if they cant win the road games then they are in trouble.

coover
August 18th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Well no surprise we arent getting any respect, SUU has alot to prove in 09 as in the past, well we have been quite horrible, and i dont mind being the underdog, just means were going to shock more people when we start winning xthumbsupx. And the Aggies are scary on offense, but if they cant win the road games then they are in trouble.

The respect will come with SUU's good play this year. Win two out of your first three and you'll have everybody's respect. San Diego State, Northern Arizona, Utah State ... that's a difficult start.

As far as Davis ... they will be tough. They are a good team, have a great FCS QB, and excellent coaching. They'll may be a playoff team this year.

And Cal Poly? The Mustangs will be fine, even with the new coaching staff and most of their offensive starters from last season gone. Their biggest question mark is at QB where they have Junior Tony Smith with limited experience, Redshirt Freshman Andre Broadous, with no college experience, and True Freshman Duke deLancellotti, obviously with no college experience. Smith was good enough to be originally recruited to Utah, Broadous would have been recruited to a major DI program if he was bigger, and it's probably the same for deLancelotti, who will be a small QB. Smith, 6'1", 190, was an excellent High School QB. Broadous, 6'0", 192, threw 20 TD passes his senior year in High School, while rushing for 992 yards, and was the State of Oregon 6A offensive player of the year. He seems to be (except for his size) the prototype QB for the way Cal Poly runs their offense. Finally deLancellotti, 6'1", 185, is small but was impressive in High School football crazy Orange County, CA, where he completed about 60% of his passes for more than 2200 yards in his senior season. And there are actually 5 other players in camp also taking snaps behind center. Anybody thinking that Poly will be down this season will soon learn that is not the case.