PDA

View Full Version : GW's Saturday Scrimmage

elcid83
August 16th, 2009, 07:18 AM
The Runnin' Bulldogs drew their summer camp to a close with a scrimmage in Spangler Stadium yesterday before parents and newly arriving freshmen. Stan Doolittle looked sharp at QB and had obviously beefed up over the summer with a specialized strength and conditioning program - putting on 20 really good pounds. First team O and D looked strong. There were problems when the younger and less experienced guys got in, but that is to be expected. The website put out a nice report on the scrimmage and that is attached below. Hard to believe we're less than 3 weeks away from our first game.

http://www.gwusports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=204775313&DB_OEM_ID=10300

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

g-webb1994
August 16th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Nice to see Rock play well.....

elcid83
August 17th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Nice to see Rock play well.....

Rock did play well, but, Doolittle is the clear starter at this point.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

EagleDawg
August 17th, 2009, 11:28 AM
It's good to have two QB's playing well heading into the season and both of the freshmen QB's showed some nice stuff at times. The most impressive thing to me was that group of linebackers. Against the spread they looked good but against a more conventional offense I would expect they'll look even better. They'll need to for sure to slow up the running games of VMI, Stony Brook and Liberty. A couple of the INT's thrown resulted from deflected passes on quick outs but the O-line was not allowed to cut down the DE's in the scrimmage. So not too concerned about that. All in all a pretty good opening scrimmage.

g-webb1994
August 17th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Rock did play well, but, Doolittle is the clear starter at this point.

Go Runnin' Bulldogs!

I sincerely hope to eat a plate full of Doolittle-laced crow this fall.xnodx I'm just not driving, or even riding, the Doolittle bandwagon at this point....

SideLine Shooter
August 17th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Just talking to a person from ccu that was there and he said " the defense went to the sideline for a conference and 3 plays later the offense scored."xlolxxlolx