PDA

View Full Version : EWU band marches on

W. DeMontague
August 14th, 2009, 12:26 AM
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2009/aug/13/ewu-band-marches/

I Bleed Purple
August 14th, 2009, 01:30 AM
Good stuff, although cutting 30k into 13.3 million seems like it's a wasted effort to me.

AppStsGr8
August 14th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Good stuff, although cutting 30k into 13.3 million seems like it's a wasted effort to me.

Let's see ... $30,000 is 0.23% of $13,300,000. I wonder where they found the other 99.77% of budget cuts before they decided to keep the band?

These are truly tough times for every university. I know all North Carolina public universities are facing some serious budget cuts this year with not much hope of improvement next year. These budget cuts are coming at the same time that many schools are seeing declines in donations to the annual funds they depend on and major drops in the value of their endowments.

All we can do at our house is donate when we can where we can. Our gifts to App's annual fund and Yosef club aren't huge by any stretch of the imagination, but I know they're valuable to both the university and to us.

coover
August 14th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Congratulations, Eastern Washington. A marching band adds a lot to life on (or off) campus!

GeauxColonels
August 14th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Definitely good news for EWU. I was in marching band all of my years at Nicholls State, and I truly believe that marching bands are an integral part of the college FB experience.

Eight Legger
August 14th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Definitely good news for EWU. I was in marching band all of my years at Nicholls State, and I truly believe that marching bands are an integral part of the college FB experience.

Those of us at UR would respectfully disagree :D

Just kidding....Just because we don't have one doesn't mean we don't respect other bands out there. At least most of them.

GeauxColonels
August 14th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Those of us at UR would respectfully disagree :D

Just kidding....Just because we don't have one doesn't mean we don't respect other bands out there. At least most of them.
Really? You guys don't have one? Then they definitely need to add one. I'm not saying that you can't have a succesful program without one, but it adds so much more flavor to the atmosphere.

Screamin_Eagle174
August 14th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Really? You guys don't have one? Then they definitely need to add one. I'm not saying that you can't have a succesful program without one, but it adds so much more flavor to the atmosphere.

Well I think that was displayed last season. xpeacex

Screamin_Eagle174
August 14th, 2009, 03:19 PM
xrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehxxrota tehxxrotatehx

Eight Legger
August 14th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Our school is so small that it would be difficult to get a large marching band from our student body. There are tons of high schools around with great programs, so we steal their bands from time to time. Not sure if there's ever been a real push to start a band or not.

DX Man
August 14th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Great News!xpeacex

appfan2008
August 14th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Good job ewu band... keep up the good work...

The Cats
August 15th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Great news for the band members and fans of EWU !!!!