PDA

View Full Version : If tonight's game had been in Durham, NH

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 9th, 2005, 09:33 AM
Heavy Snow Warning from the National Weather Service:

/O.CON.KGYX.HS.W.0001.051209T1100Z-051210T0000Z/ INTERIOR YORK-INTERIOR CUMBERLAND-COASTAL YORK-COASTAL CUMBERLAND- SOUTHERN CARROLL-SULLIVAN-MERRIMACK-BELKNAP-STRAFFORD- INTERIOR ROCKINGHAM-COASTAL ROCKINGHAM- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...NORTH WINDHAM...GORHAM...BRIDGTON... BIDDEFORD...SACO...OLD ORCHARD BEACH...PORTLAND... SOUTH PORTLAND...WESTBROOK...WOLFEBORO...CLAREMONT...NEW PORT... CONCORD...LACONIA...TILTON-NORTHFIELD...MEREDITH...ROCHESTER... DOVER...DURHAM...DERRY...LONDONDERRY...EXETER...PO RTSMOUTH... HAMPTON 336 AM EST FRI DEC 9 2005
...HEAVY SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM EST THIS EVENING...

SNOW WILL DEVELOP EARLY THIS MORNING...THEN BECOME HEAVY LATE IN THE MORNING AND EARLY AFTERNOON. EXPECT 6 TO 12 INCHES OF SNOW BEFORE THE SNOW TAPERS OFF EARLY THIS EVENING.

THE SNOWFALL WILL IMPACT BOTH THE MORNING AND EVENING COMMUTES. MOTORISTS SHOULD ALLOW EXTRA TIME TO REACH THEIR DESTINATION AND DRIVE WITH CAUTION.

New England Cable News (NECN) is predicting 10+ inches of snow for Durham during the day today. And real close to their 12+ inch zone! They're also predicting snowfall to be completed by 7:00 PM. So, there wouldn't have been snow falling like during the Colgate game, but there would have been snow on the ground to be dealt with unlike the Colgate game.

Regardless, it would have made for interesting TV! I'm sure my friends from San Marcos are quite happy not to experience this winter wonderland!!

bodoyle
December 9th, 2005, 09:41 AM
UNH: we got that yesterday.

I had 13" to shovel off the driveway and car. It took me 4 1/2 hours to get home (15 miles)

Mr. C
December 9th, 2005, 10:17 AM
If New Hampshire had won, they were set to play on Saturday, not Friday. That was the word from Rochel Laney and the committee. The Friday game would have ben moved to Appalachian State (which had some nasty freezing rain over night, with school cancelled for the kiddos today in the public school district). But football in a foot of snow sounds like fun, Brings back memories of Colgate-Western Illinois from a couple of years ago.

PantherRob82
December 9th, 2005, 10:24 AM
I don't think TxSU is happy as it is. There is a cold spell hitting the Midwest and I believe it's only 30-35 degrees down there.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 9th, 2005, 10:55 AM
I don't think TxSU is happy as it is. There is a cold spell hitting the Midwest and I believe it's only 30-35 degrees down there.

I think I read that they hadn't played in anything under 50 degrees all year so that will be a huge adjustment for them.

HENJOHN
December 9th, 2005, 11:00 AM
It was 2 years ago tomorrow that Delaware had 8"-9" of snow the morning of the Northern Iowa-UD Playoff game. They were barely able to get the field ready for play but 12,000 still showed up for the Hens win.
Good luck this weekend UNI.......

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 9th, 2005, 11:00 AM
If New Hampshire had won, they were set to play on Saturday, not Friday. That was the word from Rochel Laney and the committee. The Friday game would have ben moved to Appalachian State (which had some nasty freezing rain over night, with school cancelled for the kiddos today in the public school district). But football in a foot of snow sounds like fun, Brings back memories of Colgate-Western Illinois from a couple of years ago.

That's interesting because Friday night is all I heard from people up at UNH prior to the loss to UNI. While talking with a couple of folks within the Athletic Dept., there was significant discussion about portable lights. Oh well, we'll never know.