PDA

View Full Version : UCA WR Injured

smallcollegefbfan
August 13th, 2009, 03:32 PM
UCA's Landers slated for surgery
By David McCollum
Log Cabin Staff Writer

University of Central Arkansas wide receiver Willie Landers, injured in a shorts-and-helmets drill on the opening day of preseason practice, is slated to have knee surgery Tuesday, UCA coach Clint Conque said.

http://thecabin.net/sports/college/2009-08-12/ucas-landers-slated-surgery

TexasTerror
August 13th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Should we keep a running list of SLC players who may or may not play this season? UCA fans please post an update when you have it...

SHSU RB Chris Poullard is currently dealing with compliance/academic issues. He may be out for the season pending what emerges from this situation by week's end.

BEAR
August 13th, 2009, 03:53 PM
I don't understand the Landers injury. I'm sure he's injured because he hasn't practiced but he is also walking on it. It must be a ligament tear or something deeper if he needs surgery. Other UCA injuries are all just knicks and bang ups that will heal in a week or less I'm sure. Typical camp bruises etc. Should be full force for Hawaii minus Landers. xthumbsupx

I don't know why this is a thread though...xconfusedx It's not like every team in the nation isn't missing a player or has banged up players. xlolx

smallcollegefbfan
August 13th, 2009, 04:02 PM
I don't understand the Landers injury. I'm sure he's injured because he hasn't practiced but he is also walking on it. It must be a ligament tear or something deeper if he needs surgery. Other UCA injuries are all just knicks and bang ups that will heal in a week or less I'm sure. Typical camp bruises etc. Should be full force for Hawaii minus Landers. xthumbsupx

I don't know why this is a thread though...xconfusedx It's not like every team in the nation isn't missing a player or has banged up players. xlolx

I am posting all the players I find. If I am missing someone, let me know!

TexasTerror
August 13th, 2009, 04:28 PM

When you are the top team in the league - what do you expect? xnodx

McNeese75
August 13th, 2009, 08:39 PM

Probably because he is (was) your leading returning receiver

BEAR
August 14th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Probably because he is (was) your leading returning receiver

I see that. xnodx But Conque throws to a dozen receivers in a game so yes Willie was a good target, but not the only target. Glad to see the respect for the Bears also. Transition sucks and I can't wait to go to ONE playoff game sometime in the near future! xlolx

McNeese75
August 14th, 2009, 09:29 AM
I see that. xnodx But Conque throws to a dozen receivers in a game so yes Willie was a good target, but not the only target. Glad to see the respect for the Bears also. Transition sucks and I can't wait to go to ONE playoff game sometime in the near future! xlolx

Damn, no wonder the Bear passing game is so good. Your coach is throwing the instead of the QB xlolx xpeacex

JoshUCA
August 14th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Damn, no wonder the Bear passing game is so good. Your coach is throwing the instead of the QB xlolx xpeacex

For some reason I don't think that would make it better! xlolx

UCABEARS75
August 14th, 2009, 10:04 AM
For some reason I don't think that would make it better! xlolx

LOL, yup all linebackers are frustrated quarterbacks!!!

BEAR
August 14th, 2009, 12:31 PM

..........and all those years you thought it was Nathan Brown! xlolx