PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky/Great West

JALMOND
December 9th, 2005, 05:15 AM
OK, I'll start by admitting that maybe I've had one too many microbrews tonight, but I'm going to go against my principles of posting here and post an off the wall topic that my mind has stumbled upon. Before people ask where I got this information, let me say that this is just my own thoughts and do not come from anywhere (so you all can file it under "G" for garbage if you want), just a slightly inebriated mind...

Picture this, the Great West conference and the Big Sky combining into one big megaconference. Two divisions of seven teams each. The breakdown as follows...

Eastern Division
Montana
Montana State
Idaho State
Weber State
N Colorado
ND State
SD State

Western Division
E Washington
Portland State
Sac State
UC-Davis
Cal Poly
N Arizona
S Utah

Have not had enough beers yet to determine how scheduling would work, but this would put the Dakotas with the two Montana schools, Davis/Sac State would play a meaningful conference game every year, and each division would be pretty strong. Travel would also be fairly minimal.

kalm
December 9th, 2005, 08:40 AM
You could also go North-South, but what's in it for the Big Sky besides reduced travel?

WYOBISONMAN
December 9th, 2005, 12:43 PM
That would float my boat!

SochorField
December 9th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Sounds great.
From a UC Davis point view, having Slac St., Cal Poly and UC Davis in the same conference would be sweet.

Slac St. vs. UC Davis
Cal Poly vs. UC Davis
HUGE games

NDSU vs. SDSU
Montana vs. Montana State
HUGE games

I would like a conference championship game. This may be the best conference in the country, if it ever were to happen.

I like this idea.

ucdtim17
December 9th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Would be awesome for football, but it'd never fly with Davis and CP for other sports