PDA

View Full Version : Wofford qb leaves camp

dungeonjoe
August 11th, 2009, 06:42 AM
http://www.goupstate.com/article/20090810/NEWS/908119989/1088/SPORTS?Title=Wofford-opens-fall-football-camp-without-Davis-Naylor

Certainly there are implications for the team, but I am glad to see Coach Ayers did the right thing by the young man.

The Cats
August 11th, 2009, 06:49 AM
http://www.goupstate.com/article/20090810/NEWS/908119989/1088/SPORTS?Title=Wofford-opens-fall-football-camp-without-Davis-Naylor

Certainly there are implications for the team, but I am glad to see Coach Ayers did the right thing by the young man.

I certainly hope the best for both of these young men.

I've never been a fan of dual quarterbacks, even when Western has tried it in the past (or maybe that's why I don't like it). This will certainly hurt their depth chart.

The Moody1
August 11th, 2009, 08:44 AM

The right thing. Let the kid go home. What were Ayers other options?

drpnut
August 11th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Moody

The reference to "the right thing" is that Ayers left the door open for the kid to return and still keep his scholly.

A few years a go we had a kid, Kevious Johnson, who got caugth plagarizing. He went home and sat his year out and came back and finished strong. He now is a position coach at local high school.

Eaglesrus
August 11th, 2009, 08:55 AM
I hope that everything works out for these young men. It will be really interesting to see how the other quarterback who was expected to be co-starter responds (on the field that is).

elcid83
August 11th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Moody

The reference to "the right thing" is that Ayers left the door open for the kid to return and still keep his scholly.

A few years a go we had a kid, Kevious Johnson, who got caugth plagarizing. He went home and sat his year out and came back and finished strong. He now is a position coach at local high school.

The Citadel would not have let this young man back in the corps.

Reign of Terrier
August 11th, 2009, 11:51 AM

....and?

this isn't a behavioral issue it's a personal one and if he feels he needs to leave the team for a little while to get his life in order more power to him.

Go...gate
August 11th, 2009, 11:56 AM

Out of curiosity, why?

asknoquarter21
August 11th, 2009, 12:05 PM
I hope he gets everything in order and I wish him the best, hopefully he will be back for the ankle bitters sometime soon

GATA
August 11th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Out of curiosity, why?

Because the kid is a quitter with no mental toughness...the Citadel prides itself on having a football team full of tough, determined, smart, and untalented football players...

Aho_Old_Guy
August 11th, 2009, 01:09 PM
blatant plagiarism = dismissal from school (at many institutions)

Representing the work of others as your own is a big no-no and violates many student 'honor codes'.

With the internets and Googles I'm sure 'cut-n-paste' plagiarism is becoming more and more of an issue at our institutions of higher learning.

Reign of Terrier
August 11th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Because the kid is a quitter with no mental toughness...

I wouldn't judge the kid's mental toughness just because he left the team. He didn't quit he just needs to get his life in order, which IMO shows that the man has enough maturity to say there are more important things in life than football.

jonmac
August 11th, 2009, 03:49 PM
I wouldn't judge the kid's mental toughness just because he left the team. He didn't quit he just needs to get his life in order, which IMO shows that the man has enough maturity to say there are more important things in life than football.

I think the reference was to the RB who was allowed to return after breaking the honor code in reference to his plagiarism.

GreatAppSt
August 11th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Because the kid is a quitter with no mental toughness...the Citadel prides itself on having a football team full of tough, determined, smart, and untalented football players...

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Go...gate
August 11th, 2009, 09:24 PM

I thought this was for real for a minute....

All I'm saying is that these are young men, and they are entitled to be a little less experienced in the difficulties of life than the rest of us grizzled veterans. I'm sure that happens at every school.

BULLDOG8180
August 11th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Out of curiosity, why?

honor code violation