PDA

View Full Version : Montana Season Tickets Top 19,000!

CrunchGriz
August 7th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Just reported today by the UM Athletic Dept.:

Griz Football Season Tickets Surpass 19,000 (http://www.montanagrizzlies.com/pages/news_item.aspx?n=8145&m=18)

mtgrizfan4life
August 7th, 2009, 07:20 PM
That is great! Anyone know how that compares with other mid major BCS/FBS teams from the MWC, WAC, C-USA, and SunBelt?

My guess is that is better than alot of programs in those conferences. How do App State numbers look so far?

Good job GRIZNATION!!!!!!!!! xthumbsupx

I Bleed Purple
August 7th, 2009, 07:30 PM
I believe BYU has waiting list for Season tickets, making the amount somewhere around 60,000. Utah will probably be around 40-50,000.

Monarch History
August 7th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Congratulations on a job well done! I look forward to the day when we might play Montana. Your program is one that schools who are interested in the FCS might want to replicate.

Husky Alum
August 7th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Northeastern's football season tickets topped 19.

Grizaholic17
August 8th, 2009, 12:36 AM
Great News. But not unexpected. The Griz faithful never fail. Great work all!

89Hen
August 8th, 2009, 02:01 PM
xeekx xbowx xbowx xbowx

I guess there are two different ways to get to 22,000+.

Cocky
August 8th, 2009, 03:05 PM
That is great! Anyone know how that compares with other mid major BCS/FBS teams from the MWC, WAC, C-USA, and SunBelt?

My guess is that is better than alot of programs in those conferences. How do App State numbers look so far?

Good job GRIZNATION!!!!!!!!! xthumbsupx

I doubt any SunBelt team will come close to this amount of season tickets. Not even sure the top two combined would top the mark.

KiddBrewer
August 8th, 2009, 03:23 PM
pretty sweet stat. no doubt. especially the way the economy is and all. guess the griz are faithful!

Uncle Buck
August 8th, 2009, 03:41 PM

Griz Football Season Tickets Surpass 19,000 (http://www.montanagrizzlies.com/pages/news_item.aspx?n=8145&m=18)

Is that all xthumbsupx

93henfan
August 8th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Penn State only sold 93,500 this year (includes 21,000 student season tickets sold in June). :p

Ivytalk
August 8th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Great result, but how many single-game tix will be made available? Does Montana set any limit?

The Moody1
August 8th, 2009, 04:51 PM

Are student tickets included in this number?

ASU_Fanatic
August 8th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Impressive.

Jimbo
August 8th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Are student tickets included in this number?
I don't believe so. Student tickets are free and can be picked up starting Monday of the game week.

mtgrizfan4life
August 8th, 2009, 07:31 PM
I may be wrong, but believe all BSC schools have to make 500 tickets available to opposing fans. IF they are not sold by Wednesday of that week, they are made available to anyone. I know a lot of GRIZ fans that call the opposing school for tickets when push comes to shove. I have done it a few times when I needed extra tickets for guests or friends when I lived in Missoula.

The Moody1
August 8th, 2009, 07:39 PM
I don't believe so. Student tickets are free and can be picked up starting Monday of the game week.

How do they determine which students get tickets? Do they have a lottery?

jonmac
August 8th, 2009, 08:15 PM
I seem to recall that the economic problems that the country is experiencing have not hit Montana quite as hard. Still a great accomplishment. You guys are definitely fanatic about your Griz.

DX Man
August 8th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Way to support your team Griz fans!

ncbears
August 8th, 2009, 09:05 PM
I seem to recall that the economic problems that the country is experiencing have not hit Montana quite as hard. Still a great accomplishment. You guys are definitely fanatic about your Griz.

Sometimes I think a bit much.

mtgrizfan4life
August 8th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Montana has become a football state thanks to the success of THE GRIZ and Carroll (at a lower level), and Montana State being consistently a contender as well. Kids are introduced into GRIZNATION at birth, and it is inbred into them. The boys that play football aspire to be GRIZ or CATS now. 20 years ago that was not the case. HS coaches were happy with players just going for the Frontier Conference. HS players, coaches, and communities get behind our teams throughout the whole state.

It used to be only the bigger schools with the players to get a shot at being GRIZ or Cats. Now though, the talent is being developed at all levels/classifications. It is truly amazing how the culture has developed in Montana since the mid 80's. As someone who lived in Nebraska for 10 years, I can honestly say GRIZNATION is taking after HUSKERNATION as for building not only a program, but being "THE PRIDE" of the state.

For both states, what they have is beyond being fans, but has become a MANIA that is amazing. I just hope the mania lasts in Montana as long as it has in Nebraska. Montana will continue to build its legion. I wonder how big that legion will be in 5, 10, 20 years? Too bad Montana does not have 2 cities like Lincoln and Omaha for corporate sponsorship. Other than corporate sponsorship, the states are very similar. In my opinion the 2 best fanbases are the Cornhuskers and GRIZ. May both be loud and proud forever. :)

Silenoz
August 8th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Kids are introduced into GRIZNATION at birth, and it is inbred into them.

That is a poor choice of words xlolx

GaSouthern
August 8th, 2009, 11:23 PM
NICE! Way to go guys!

Jimbo
August 9th, 2009, 01:26 AM
How do they determine which students get tickets? Do they have a lottery?Student tickets are given out(well, put on a student ID card electronically)on a first come basis. There are also a limited number of guest passes available to students for $10. I believe there are about 400 student guest passes for each game.

th0m
August 9th, 2009, 06:49 AM
I believe BYU has waiting list for Season tickets, making the amount somewhere around 60,000. Utah will probably be around 40-50,000.

Are you just guestimating because the stadium seats 64k? How about student tickets, faculty tickets, visitors tickets, and single-game tickets? That is only an allotment of 4k?

jonmac
August 9th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Are students buying season tickets as well to make sure they get the seats they want and even get in the game? Just seems like there are not many tickets left after season tickets. If they're not then it would seem that not many students are going to the games when you factor in stadium capacity, season tickets sold and visitors tickets. What is the enrollment at Montana? I'm not trying to insinuate any hanky panky with the numbers(well, maybe a littlexsmiley_wix) but I'm mainly just curious.

grizzpaw
August 9th, 2009, 08:41 AM
students seats were removed a few years ago so its standing room only in their section(pack more in). plus with the last addition to wa-griz students were given more room so i'm thinking its some where between 2000 and 3000 for the students.

appfan2008
August 9th, 2009, 08:49 AM
asu averages around 10k students in the stadium out 15k totally including grad

grizzpaw
August 9th, 2009, 08:54 AM
cash cow for the U NOBODY gets in for free!

th0m
August 9th, 2009, 10:18 AM
asu averages around 10k students in the stadium out 15k totally including grad

Your grass hill/endzone certainly contributes largely to that amount, right? Definitely a commodity for a lot of schools to get 10k students in and not let them take up space for paying fans.

Kabooom
August 9th, 2009, 01:31 PM
[quote=jonmac;1381056]Are students buying season tickets as well to make sure they get the seats they want and even get in the game? Just seems like there are not many tickets left after season tickets. If they're not then it would seem that not many students are going to the games when you factor in stadium capacity, season tickets sold and visitors tickets. What is the enrollment at Montana? I'm not trying to insinuate any hanky panky with the number

An average student attending the U isn't going to buy season tickets, so I really don't think they skew the figures of the 19k plus season ticket holders.
2008 Fall enrollment at Montana cracked the 14k mark for the first time.
Students are allocated somewhere between 3-4k tickets for each home game. From looking at the crowd inside the stadium on gameday, the place always looks packed, so I don't think theyre messing with the actual attendance numbers....If you ever see montana's stadium half filled just after halftime, you can blame it on the tasty brats and beer!.....What a problem to have....:p

jonmac
August 9th, 2009, 02:50 PM
[quote=jonmac;1381056]Are students buying season tickets as well to make sure they get the seats they want and even get in the game? Just seems like there are not many tickets left after season tickets. If they're not then it would seem that not many students are going to the games when you factor in stadium capacity, season tickets sold and visitors tickets. What is the enrollment at Montana? I'm not trying to insinuate any hanky panky with the number

An average student attending the U isn't going to buy season tickets, so I really don't think they skew the figures of the 19k plus season ticket holders.
2008 Fall enrollment at Montana cracked the 14k mark for the first time.
Students are allocated somewhere between 3-4k tickets for each home game. From looking at the crowd inside the stadium on gameday, the place always looks packed, so I don't think theyre messing with the actual attendance numbers....If you ever see montana's stadium half filled just after halftime, you can blame it on the tasty brats and beer!.....What a problem to have....:p

That's not a very large student attendance number. If there's only room for that many that's why I was thinking maybe some were buying season tickets to make sure they get to go to the game.

griz5700
August 9th, 2009, 03:21 PM
[QUOTE=Kabooom;1381184]

That's not a very large student attendance number. If there's only room for that many that's why I was thinking maybe some were buying season tickets to make sure they get to go to the game.

Not sure many students would be willing to put up that kind of $.. As a recent graduate I can tell you that many students who are unable to get tickets find their way into the stadium. If there's a will there's a way. Occasionally I was unable to get a student ticket but always found my way in. Going to games at Wa-Griz since birth you know the ins and outs and will always get in. Although may be tough for out of state students.

Thankfully I have a great employer who just bought me two tickets in the new expansion. xthumbsupx
So the sneaking in days are over. Now just need to find a way to get over to the west side or north end zone.

LacesOut
August 9th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Nice job!

Now stop calling yourselves 'the U'.

Grizaholic17
August 9th, 2009, 08:17 PM
students seats were removed a few years ago so its standing room only in their section(pack more in). plus with the last addition to wa-griz students were given more room so i'm thinking its some where between 2000 and 3000 for the students.

I actually believe students are now allotted close to 4000, and then those not taken up by mid week are up for single game tickets to the public